The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Machine Fur Project OOC [Closed]  (Read 13018 times)

Offline shkkf

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • "To try and change the world, is strength."
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lombax
  • Coloring: golden fur
  • Height: 170 cm
  • Weight: 60 kg
  • Build: Normal build
Re: The Machine Fur Project OOC [Closed]
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2013, 06:55:25 PM »
Well who is going to be GM then? :s
<br />Blue<br /><a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/testgen/3644/">Take The Color Wheel Personality Test today!</a><br /><small>Created with <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/">Rum and Monkey</a>'s <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/testgen/">Personality Test Generator</a>.</small></p><div><b>BLUE</b>
Your Core philosophy is blue.  You see a world that is bettered by knowledge and creation.  You incorporate analysis and preparation into you life.  You probably have many of these qualities: Knowledgeable, Curious, Imaginative, Logical, Reserved, Controlling, Manipulative, Deep.</div>

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2013, 07:55:27 PM »
It needs to be an active poster, who was here from the beginning and has read the comic.
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline K0brA

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Build: a bit on the scrawny side
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2013, 08:03:41 PM »
I like to think that describes all of the currently active members lol

And yeah, sounds like a nice painful combo :D
Attention convicts attempting to escape through the air ducts: I don't know what you learned in the movies, but here in real life, those only lead to the Air Conditioning unit.. Also, if you have asthma, you're probably going to die..because they're pretty dusty..and then we'll all be smelling it for weeks. Because again, not a secret escape hatch.. They're how we ventilate the facility..

-Cave Johnson, owner of Aperture Science-

Offline shkkf

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2013, 08:05:20 PM »
So who would be willing to take it over? :3
<br />Blue<br /><a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/testgen/3644/">Take The Color Wheel Personality Test today!</a><br /><small>Created with <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/">Rum and Monkey</a>'s <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/testgen/">Personality Test Generator</a>.</small></p><div><b>BLUE</b>
Your Core philosophy is blue.  You see a world that is bettered by knowledge and creation.  You incorporate analysis and preparation into you life.  You probably have many of these qualities: Knowledgeable, Curious, Imaginative, Logical, Reserved, Controlling, Manipulative, Deep.</div>

Offline Fitzwilliam Jinglesworth

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Goat
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 5'9''
  • Weight: ~130 lbs.
  • Build: Tall and thin
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2013, 01:08:43 AM »
Well, I haven't read the comic, so I'd probably be out. I mean, I could, but I have other things going on right now that might make that difficult. Plus I have another RP I'm going to be GMing, so that might not end well.

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2013, 02:10:20 PM »
I feel like it doesn't really matter who is GM, just as long as they don't completely mess with the story, change the characters, or mess the RP up in any other way that'll make me not want to post.
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline Isoke

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune
  • Coloring: Red, White, & Brown
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 185 lbs
  • Build: Lithe
  • Currently: Mischievous
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2013, 03:47:18 PM »
I am extremely sorry for the lengthy bout of absence.  I have been having trouble with my internet for a while and ended up switching providers, the transition of which caused a whole mess of complications and waiting for an available tech to do whatever leaving me without for far too long.

That said, I think I have fallen too far behind to effectively GM this.  This RP has certainly been moving faster than I had anticipated and I'm not sure if I have the free time to keep pace.  :S   If anybody is wanting to take the reigns, I would be more than happy to hand them over as well as any information that I had for the storyline in the event you want to continue along that route.

Offline shkkf

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2013, 03:52:18 PM »
You can still GM no problems... We are only a day far currently...

The main issue we have is that 2 hasn't done anything. And one can easily justify his absense. On 6 that is where the issue lies, that person has not been typing at all... We have merely done a few simple activities to keep ourselves busy Isoke.

It is the GM that can get things in perspective and call a halt to people rping too fast.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2013, 06:34:19 PM »
True True basically all we have done so far is interact, establish our character personalities and interpersonal relationships.

Offline K0brA

• Avid Aardvark
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Build: a bit on the scrawny side
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2013, 09:06:36 PM »
I'm also I'm agreement,I think you should stay :D I think it's safe to say everyone is enjoying what you've set up for us and would love to see you stay with it to it's end, be it good or bitter haha.

If nothing else we could use the character Hahaha
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:22:11 PM by K0brA »
Attention convicts attempting to escape through the air ducts: I don't know what you learned in the movies, but here in real life, those only lead to the Air Conditioning unit.. Also, if you have asthma, you're probably going to die..because they're pretty dusty..and then we'll all be smelling it for weeks. Because again, not a secret escape hatch.. They're how we ventilate the facility..

-Cave Johnson, owner of Aperture Science-

Offline shkkf

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2013, 09:25:44 PM »
And the knowledge on ze story!!!!

Offline Isoke

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2013, 02:37:36 PM »
Okay, finally caught up with reading of the story and it seems like an optimal point for me to pick up and push the story forward.  The way I see it, we have another in-game day or two until we make our big escape.  In the meantime, there are a few things things that I want to point out either in preparation for that day or just overall RP info.

1) As a point of clarification (at least from an OOC perspective), the Subjects are viewed by the facility similarly to animals used for scientific testing.  Considering the amount of time, money, and research that has been invested in each Subject, they only use lethal force in the most extreme measures where it is necessary for the safety of everybody within the facility.  As such, the only form of firearms your typical guard will carry are tranquilizer guns.  With that in mind, we should ease up a bit on the guard-inflicted beat downs.  The doctors in general are bound to be rather upset should there be need to perform a test only to be unable because the Subject isn't in optimal condition due to injuries.  It's fine what is written up to this point, but we'll say one of the reasons for the curfew is so the staff can crack down on the spike in Subject injuries as a result of disciplinary actions.

2) As another point of clarification (again from an OOC perspective), the Subjects are simply test subjects.  They undergo experimental procedures and injections in order to perfect them so they may be used to create super-soldiers.  We may not necessarily know this from an IC perspective, but there was never any intention to send the Subjects on missions since they are little more than lab rats in Acacia Technologies eyes so to speak.

3) For the sake of the story in the short-term, Three will need to undergo a procedure to have his wings clipped to inhibit sustainable flight.  This is to make things a little more challenging during the great escape chapter as well as makes sense from a IC perspective to both limit the likelihood of escape as well as make sure you don't go overboard with flight practice and potentially kill yourself while you learn.

4) As I mentioned, we are only a few IC days away from making our escape.  So make sure your characters are physically capable of doing so if they wish to come alone.  Hopefully everybody will have a chance to heal from their current injuries whether inflicted by guards or as a result of undergoing procedures.

5) My time obligations limit me to posting about a maximum of once per day on average.  You don't have to limit yourself to that, but be attentive to where everybody else is in the timeline so we don't get too far ahead of the plot or one another.  At this point we're going to be interacting more as a group, so it is important that we try to keep a similar pace to one another.

If there are any questions or comments about anything, feel free to ask.  I'll try to get a post up sometime tonight at the latest and we can continue the story from there.

Offline shkkf

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2013, 02:43:23 PM »
I was ahead of you with the issue of the wings.

For one, he doesn't know decently how to use them. Or have the knowledge they go back into his back when he doesn't use them. Hence he can't rely on them.

The second piece is the collar. Both doctors did understand the rebellious nature of Three and hence made it so he gets shocked pretty bad if he should try to escape before the actuall outbreak.

Would this suffice for you Isoke? Three isn't going to get anywhere... I merely hope the story (and to a degree the guiding of it) has been satisfactory?

Offline Isoke

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2013, 03:55:42 PM »
More than satisfactory, you all did a great job at establishing the relationships between characters as well as flushing your characters' personalities out.  The collar may prove problematic during the escape, but I'm sure the Subjects will be able to figure something out.

Offline shkkf

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2013, 03:59:26 PM »
As I said before, I try to think these things through... He got the wings as indeed an expriment as he was the most sustainable for such an operation. But then that caused the issue of making sure the cat wouldn't run off. And keeping him locked up would deminish his health. Hence a failsafe of that collar was put in place. As well as see how the others reacted phsychologically with it.

As you said: Lab rats...