The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: HL3... NO JOKE :o  (Read 1910 times)

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
HL3... NO JOKE :o
« on: October 02, 2013, 09:10:09 AM »
I was browsing my subscriptions and i saw a thumbnail that made me choke on my food.... This is no joke..HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED! (Really.)
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: HL3... NO JOKE :o
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 02:09:28 PM »
HL3 has been confirmed for a long time, in fact it's  been confirmed shortly after EP2 came out. IN FACT, Gave Newell even went as far to say that HL2:EP 3 or HL3 WOULDN'T BE THE LAST HALF LIFE, meaning if that stays true, HL4 is essentially confirmed too. Problem is, confirmation doesn't really matter that much, HL3 has been in development hell for the last 6 years, whether or not it gets released and how soon it will (and whether the game will live up to it's GIGANTIC hype) is still in question.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 04:42:15 AM »
Half Life 3 has NEVER been confirmed yet. valve hasn't given any information on the third installment. I doubt some cheesy TF2 commentary Youtube video will confirm it either. L4D3 has been confirmed though, but that was a leak made by Dota 2 players touring the Valve offices in Seattle.

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 06:53:09 AM »
You know what? I predict the game will by playable by using the game system's controller, if you understand what I'm trying to profess
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 06:54:41 AM »
no not really

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 07:02:18 AM »
I mean, we're gonna get the game sometime in the near future, it's bad business and lots of losses it they don't make it right along with the other next gen games or right after. So what if it's been confirmed or not? They can still have it on the down-low in production

Besides, I'm too busy with battlefield 4 stuff to notice. :)

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 07:27:14 AM »
Ehh... they're probably just going to go the way of L4D and CSGO... with clustered and puffy graphics, horrible floating controls that will ruin the gameplay, and a shit ton of Source Filmmaker cinematics. They might even do a marketing tie-in like Portal 2 did with the movie super. There's going to be Monster energy drinks in Half Life 3 maybe.

Is it strange to state that I freaking hate the direction Valve is headed?

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 02:02:43 PM »
You mean down the drain? Yea, Valve won't be one of the top half of the competing game companies anytime soon.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 04:11:06 PM »
Funnily enough I see Valve as a time-bomb ticking down to awesomeness.
They're not going down, they're staying level and as soon as HL3 or their next game releases, they're going to rise.

I also believe that one of the main reasons that HL3 is still in the works, is because they're trying to do things you can't do right now, so they have to make themselves able to do it...
Like what? you may ask...

Well remember HL2, characters eyes would follow you? well they're trying to use motion capture to capture actors movements, but have them influenced by the player. They're also taking it all the way further by making it something beyond the basics of scripting.
They of course, are trying to revolutionise gaming and how players immerse themselves, again.

Will the new games go to PS4/Xbox1? no, Valve are moving towards the living room with their Steam Piston, their own console, 'nuff said.

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 05:23:35 PM »
Funnily enough I see Valve as a time-bomb ticking down to awesomeness.
They're not going down, they're staying level and as soon as HL3 or their next game releases, they're going to rise.

I also believe that one of the main reasons that HL3 is still in the works, is because they're trying to do things you can't do right now, so they have to make themselves able to do it...
Like what? you may ask...

Well remember HL2, characters eyes would follow you? well they're trying to use motion capture to capture actors movements, but have them influenced by the player. They're also taking it all the way further by making it something beyond the basics of scripting.
They of course, are trying to revolutionise gaming and how players immerse themselves, again.

Will the new games go to PS4/Xbox1? no, Valve are moving towards the living room with their Steam Piston, their own console, 'nuff said.
apparently Gabe wanted the HL2 engine to be so realistic moss would grow in real time... maybe that's what there doing..
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline Rocoro T. Pup

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 11:35:26 PM »
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Who is going to shoot some combie soliders and zombies and then go right into watching the grass grow?

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 07:30:06 AM »
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Who is going to shoot some combie soliders and zombies and then go right into watching the grass grow?
Its the internet there's bound to be somebody who timelapse's Moss..

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 02:37:16 PM »
Half Life 3 has NEVER been confirmed yet. valve hasn't given any information on the third installment. I doubt some cheesy TF2 commentary Youtube video will confirm it either. L4D3 has been confirmed though, but that was a leak made by Dota 2 players touring the Valve offices in Seattle.

BTW the game has actually been confirmed, quite a lot actually.

If you don't believe me, read this article on the HLwiki which states all the times valve has come out and said HL3 was in production,
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Future_of_the_Half-Life_series
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";