The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Vulpyre Tales  (Read 11128 times)

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
Re: Vulpyre Tales
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2013, 01:15:25 PM »
Alex's ears perk and he jerks his head over to look at the girl quickly, shocked that he didn't notice her before now. "This girl must have some stealth magic. She certainly puts it to disturbing use." Alex kept moving towards the market as she spoke and after several moments of silence Alex glanced over, and seeing her still there he sighed and stopped before they got to a crowded area. "Yes it's informally known as a Communications Mirror, the proper name is 'Speaking Glass' now how about we stop talking about this before we get to a crowded area, hmm?" Alex stressed the last part by giving her a stern, no nonsense look and crossed his arms in front of him.

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange, Crimson Red
  • Height: 5" 5'
  • Weight: 137 lbs.
  • Build: A strong, but lean sort of build
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2013, 02:12:20 AM »
(To Incendium) "Sir, what we have here are an assortment of protective charms. The one you are currently pointing at is a charm to protect against divination magic used by those who wish to harm you from locating you or whoever you give it to." He then nodded and said, "That particular one is 1372 Palums."

(To Cef) Syaoran rushed over and got between Fil and the bullies. He turned to the bullies and said, " Now, look here, you don't have any reason to bully that poor Raucoon." The bullies laughed as they said, "Yeah, but we're punishing him for being a no good theif. After all, that's all a dumb Raucoon knows how to do anyways." Syaoran's face soured as he turned towards Fil and stepped aside.

(To Alex) Sasha's face quickly turned to one of embarrassment as he said that, "Oh, I'm so sorry. I'd put a sound barrier up, but I'm no good with magic. Anyways, you seem to know my friend Syaoran, so I have no reason to hide from you." She began humming as her happy face came back, as creepy as ever.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2013, 03:02:23 AM »
Alex watched her and nodded slowly as she spoke then sighed deeply and turned away, "Yes.. well, I need to meet someone, and having you tag along won't be helpful, she's wary of strangers and even if she wasn't.. to be frank, you scream creeper to anyone who looks at you. Have you tried getting sun? Relaxing your facial muscles? NOT creeping around in the darkness then suddenly springing yourself on people?" Alex started to walk towards the market and tried to find someone who sold darker sorts of charms, but not necessarily evil ones.

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2013, 03:53:52 AM »
Incendium shook his head slowly. "That's a bit pricey for what it does. No, I think I'll just be on my way. Farewell." He said as he turned and walked off, his cloak flowing behind him.

After exiting the loud and busy market, Incendium returned back to the place where he and his companions had split up, deciding that he would wait here for them to return once they had finished their business. The mage, for once, had a bit of down time to himself. He spent this extra time doing what he loved, reading. Taking the book he had bought earlier out of his pack and sitting down under an old oak tree, Incendium opened it and began to read it's contents. He took a pen and notepad from his bag and began taking notes on it. Most of the book was written in an old dead language known only to those who practiced the magical arts for a living. He quickly translated the most important parts when he came across them.
The book was full of dark magical spells. Curses, puppetry and manipulation were among the most popular. Incendium always found the dark arts terribly interesting, and he sat under the tree reading and taking notes on the book until eventually his companions returned.
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
  • I REALLY need coffee...
    • Awards
  • Species: drafox (Dragon/Fox hybrid)
  • Coloring: Mostly White
  • Height: 6 feet tall
  • Weight: 48kg
  • Build: thin
  • Currently: Raving in my imaginations cause I just dont care
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2013, 09:25:27 AM »
"Hey. Aren't we going a little overboard there? There's no such thing as a no good thief. Only an amateur and the darn good ones. Like me. Say anyone lost their wallet?" Fil said and waited for them to react. Prepared to send a shockwave as soon as they look away

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2013, 01:13:47 AM »
To Cho and Alex: Again, Sasha was embarrassed. "It's not my fault. My parents were both stalkers. That's actually how they met. I was born with my face like this. I guess you could say stalking's in my blood." She then proceeded to walk off and bumped into Incendium in her sulk. "Whoops, sorry." She said as she decided to sit down.

To Cef: The bullies looked worried as one of them, a luporo, took out a switchblade and attempted to stab Fil from behind. Syaoran watched on, ready to stop them if she tried to kill someone.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2013, 04:01:25 AM »
Alex blinked and one brow shot up as he heard about her parents. As she walked off in a sulk Alex began to spoke up when a paw came down on his shoulder.

"Talking to stalkers? I thought I was your one and only stalker?" The leopardess' face materialized from the shadows of her hood as she moved away from a vendor and looked at him with the same friendly look she always did. "When do you think they'll be here?"

"Not soon enough for you. To be honest I'm not sure, I hadn't seen or heard of them for a while till yesterday. They attacked us but they ran away. It was Skylar and Zorie that time. They toyed with us mostly, I think they were mostly after Syaoran but when we jumped in they needed to test the waters."

"All in good time, Alex, dear. All in good time" Akasha purred softly.

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2013, 12:16:04 PM »
Being a scythe, Cef saw the oncoming attack and swiped the attacker's hand. "And don't think my boyfriend won't do anything. I'm not alone here" Fil said without looking back and walked towards the gang of bullies. "First time being told off by a girl?" She said and slipped a hand into his pocket after deliberately knocking the bully's shoulder. Hard enough to shock him.

Offline Jormungdang

• Boisterous Bear
  • How shall i slice and dice you, hmm?
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: A demon.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 175 lbs
  • Build: Heavyset
  • Currently: YOU'VE DONE WELL!
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2013, 10:15:56 PM »
Trace had left the group after his introduction and was currently searching the city for the damn martial arts tournament he was going to enter. Lost, he had decided to simply wander the streets till he found something to do. He heard the sounds of a scuffle and went to investigate. It was that girl from before, surrounded by several thugs. Judging by how the battle was going though, it didn't look like he needed to worry just yet. Trace was content to observe and step in when necessary.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 02:02:40 AM by Jormungdang »
If you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2013, 02:16:49 AM »
To Alex: Ritsuo popped up. "Hey man, didn't know you had a girl here. I came looking for Syaoran's bro.
He owes me a drink."

To Cef: The bullies ran off. All Fil found in the boy's pocket was a half chewed pack of licorice flavored gum.

To Jormungdang: Haruko pulled out a chainsaw and proceedex to chase off her attackers. She appeared to be winded.

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2013, 02:24:32 AM »
Incendium looked over at the girl as she sat next to him. "Well hi there...." he said, wondering who this woman was.
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2013, 12:17:56 PM »
Fil sat down next to the kid as Cef turned.back into an anthro. "Hey kid. Gotcha this" she.said and gave him the wallet she stole. "Next time they.disturb you again. Call me." She said and turned back to look at syaoran. "Shows over dude. You done with your stuff?"

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2013, 12:31:00 PM »
Abby had been following the group they just didnt realize it as of yet. Her magic allowed her to hide and even partially dissapear from existence if she wished. She had been following them far away that she could track them but not close enough that they would detect her. Upon arriving in Hectomatru she instantly shifted back into existence albeit still hiding in the shadows and back alleys, she didnt trust the group but perhaps this would give her an opportunity to get vengeance on the mage that dispelled her magic. Climbing up onto a roof she smirked when she noticed Incendium talking to a rather interesting feeling female.

Offline Jormungdang

• Boisterous Bear
  • How shall i slice and dice you, hmm?
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: A demon.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 175 lbs
  • Build: Heavyset
  • Currently: YOU'VE DONE WELL!
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2013, 02:07:09 AM »
Trace walked up to the girl with a concerned expression. "Are you alright, miss?" He was ready to dodge, should she attempt to use the chainsaw on him, but she seemed tired. Extending his hand toward her, still wary of her weapon, Trace offered her a drink from his canteen, averting his eyes sheepishly when he realized he didn't have a cup to pour it into.
If you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2013, 02:27:01 AM »
To Cho and Suzu: Sasha noticed Incendium and responded, "Hi, I'm Sasha." She then proceeded to look at the roof, "You can come down from there. As a fellow traveler of the shadows, I can see you bright as day."

To Cef: Syaoran looked up and began to follow Fil and Cef again, "I appreciate what you did for that boy. When I lived out on the streets, nobody really helped me until I was accepted into the Liberation Squad to oust Keiko from the throne to restore the true heir, our current ruler. Now, why don't we head to Yumoru's lab. I hope he isn't building a flying machine." He shuddered at the thought.

To Jormungdang: Haruko graciously accepted the canteen, drinking out of it imediately after putting away the chainsaw. She then gave a thumbs up as thanks and took a sec to recover. "You were with my boyfriend, thanks. Those guys wanted to..." she trailed off and put on a disgusted face. She quickly bounced back though, "Well, I need to get to Yumoru's so unless you have something you need or are heading the same way, I guess this is bye for now." She then walked off.