The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Vulpyre Tales  (Read 11126 times)

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
Re: Vulpyre Tales
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2013, 03:28:50 PM »
Alex and Akasha walked around the market murmuring about their plans for their next encounter with the Skulls before they both jointly decided that there was nothing of interest to them in the market. Heading down towards the quieter parts of the town they sought out an out of the way apothecary or charm peddler that would have something more in Akasha's area of expertise. "Ah damn, that's right. There was a girl you might have been interested in," Alex remembered as he thought of a few sigils he'd been looking for.

"Oh? And why would that be 'Fawxe'?" The Felin smirked, using his nickname which she, of course, saw right through.

"Because she worked with the shadows in a most exquisite way. She might have some magics of interest to you, perhaps even distantly related." Alex glanced at her sidelong knowing it would get her interested as they neared a shop that they hoped would have something of interest.

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange, Crimson Red
  • Height: 5" 5'
  • Weight: 137 lbs.
  • Build: A strong, but lean sort of build
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2013, 07:58:27 PM »
To Alex: When they entered the shop, a rather scatterbrained looking Luporo girl walked up to them.
"Welcome to Diana's All-purpose charms. How may I help you?"

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2013, 11:56:48 AM »
Biting her lips Abbygale jumped down and used the wall to slow her decent before coming to a soft landing, once again the shadows swirled around her feet and body before settling into a dark hooded cloak over her face. "Unexpected." she muttered to herself. "I didnt think somebody would be able to see though this spell...perhaps you received the same training as I, but I don't recognize your energy or your scent." She looked directly at Sasha, the dull blind eyes locked on her.

Offline Jormungdang

• Boisterous Bear
  • How shall i slice and dice you, hmm?
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: A demon.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 175 lbs
  • Build: Heavyset
  • Currently: YOU'VE DONE WELL!
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2013, 01:00:31 PM »
"Hey, don't leave me here!" Trace shouted as he chased after her. He didn't want to get lost again now that he had finally found someone he knew. As he caught up to her, he asked "So, where's this Yumoru place?"
If you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2013, 07:03:15 PM »
To Suzu: "I don't know what you mean by training. I've always been able to do this and I suck at magic. Some scientists confirmed it to be supernatural phenomena, but who can understand the scientific mumbo-jumbo they always talk about. I'm Sasha, nice to meet you." Sasha responded.

To Jormungdang: Haruko pointed in the west. "It's in the western district. A lot of scientists make their homes their. Also you'll have to keep up if you want to come with." She continued walking with quite a spring in her step. Of course, this is natural considering she's a Felin.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2013, 07:14:15 PM »
Abbygale held out her hand. "Abbygale. Not many with the skill to see past these shadow spells, well at least outside of my clan." she kept the cloak over her face for most of the conversation. "Seems you got lucky there Sasha...or rather, I am the unlucky one." She giggled softly before glancing around.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2013, 07:32:28 PM »
Alex's eyes shot to the shop keeper and though his expression was open and friendly his mind was calculating, appraising. Eying the girl up to see what potions or weapons she could have to use against him. Akasha meanwhile took the lead in the exchange keeping the girl distracted until Alex was satisfied with his little investigation.

"We came looking for charms we won't find out in the market, if you understand my drift? I work with.. lesser known magics, and Alex here does some alchemy. We just wanted to know if you had anything interesting in stock, so can you help us?" Akasha shot the girl a knowing glance as she spoke, hoping beyond hope that there was something here more interesting than her usual finds.

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2013, 08:07:51 PM »
To Suzu: Sasha looked around with her, "If you're looking for Syaoran, he'll likely be headed for Yumoru's place in the Western District, I mean, I could probably locate and take you to him if you really need me too, it's one of my powers, but he'll likely end up there at some point if you're not in a rush..."

To Alex: The luporo's smile vanished into a more neutral emotion, "You want the back room if you're looking for... lesser known charms, Madame Diana is the only one who knows how to get back there though, and she's out right now," Her smile returned, "However, alchemy stuff is over in appropriate section, I'll take you over there." She proceeded to lead the way but tripped on a book lying on the floor and crashed, causing other books to fall off the shelves and on all three of them, "Artina-dammit, I'll flay that Raucoon alive if he leaves one more book on the floor! He KNOWS I'm clumsy enough as it is." She got up and dusted herself off, "Sorry about that display, we have a part-timer who tends to read a lot on his spare time. We don't mind so much, except he leaves his books on the floor and I tend to trip a lot. Shall we keep going?" From what Alex could see, it appeared that the real threat, if any, was the sloppy part-timer.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »
Abby smirked rather cruelly underneath her cloak, a toothy grin visible that would unsettle most. "Tracking people down and hunting them is what i was trained to do, perhaps not instantaneous, but i would be able to find him. Ofcourse there is still that matter of getting back at that girl who dispelled my shadows...but that can wait. Thank you for the offer Sasha."

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2013, 08:29:32 PM »
Sasha smiled, "Well, you're welcome. We'll probably meet again, if you stay around Syaoran or his friends, so there's no real need to say good-bye." She then looked towards Incendium, "I noticed you have a rather interesting book on hand. I haven't seen a book so knowledgeable about necromancy since the time I spied on Keiko for the Liberation Force. Anyways, you should probably go inside with that, while it isn't illegal, it's not a popular school of magic and you will probably get harrassed. Best not to get in that kind of scene if it can be avoided if you ask me. Anyways, I have nothing to do right now, so what are your plans?"

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2013, 08:38:44 PM »
Abby growled softly as she still felt the book that Incendium carried that cold darkness that swirled from it put her on edge before she scoffed and walked off her entire form engulfed in shadows the second she touched the shade she seemed to dissipate into nothingness. Making her way to the western district to see if she could detect where the others had gone.

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2013, 09:07:54 PM »
Abby felt Trace and another girl, one who's energies were heavily entwined with Syaroan's. Syaoran himself was on the way alongside a girl and Cef.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2013, 11:04:17 PM »
Alex watched the display and raised a brow at her outburst quickly scanning over the fallen books and picking up the one that the Louporo assistant had tripped over. "So where is Madame Diana, do you know? I don't know how long we'll be in town and we do have other business to take care of."

"We're meant to meet some old acquaintances, and they don't like to be kept waiting." Akasha spoke coolly and calmly, not lying, but not telling the whole truth either. It was something she'd become skilled at over the years. "If she is nearby we would be more than happy to meet up with her to discuss the 'lesser known charms'."

Alex dropped his worry to his normal level of caution around Louporo and moved over to the alchemy supplies and rooted through the herbs, vials, and jars.

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2013, 11:24:22 PM »
"If you are looking for Madame Diana, here she is" A human woman, looking no older than early 20s walked in. "So you need to go to the back room, do we? Here I'll open the door." She walked over to a sealed door and muttered some unintelligible incantation. The door opened. "Be careful in there. Some of those charms are dangerous. Are you looking for anything in particular?"

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2013, 12:09:24 AM »
They both turned hearing the woman enter and Akasha at least flashed a smile to her as she headed for the back room and the two followed closely. Walking into the room  they both spread out to opposite sides of the room and looked over the various charms and sigil stones around the room. "Got anything about the undead? Or blood magic?" Akasha spoke a lot more openly in the security of the back room. "Alex dear, you were interested in some enchantments, yes?"

"A Mark of Impact. I have a hammer that doesn't quite scream 'I'm going to dismember you or at least send you very far away' loud enough." Alex spoke casually as he ran his paw over the marks to fell their energies.