The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Vulpyre Tales  (Read 11121 times)

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I REALLY need coffee...
    • Awards
  • Species: drafox (Dragon/Fox hybrid)
  • Coloring: Mostly White
  • Height: 6 feet tall
  • Weight: 48kg
  • Build: thin
  • Currently: Raving in my imaginations cause I just dont care
Re: Vulpyre Tales
« Reply #195 on: November 03, 2013, 07:49:47 AM »
"We're looking for something ancient. Something that heals the undead." Fil said and exposed an area on Cef where flesh hasn't grow. "I do believe you sell those kind of charms."

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange, Crimson Red
  • Height: 5" 5'
  • Weight: 137 lbs.
  • Build: A strong, but lean sort of build
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #196 on: November 03, 2013, 01:10:30 PM »
Unfortunately, Zanzir, a Foux in a black black jacket with white underneath had arrived. He proceeded to scan his surroundings and immediately went for Akasha. As he backed her into a corner with rapier thrusts and a lot of elemental magic, he took out a throwing dagger and tossed it in Alex's direction, however it got caught in the closet door.

Cef and Fil heard a bang from the closet as the assistant was about to lead them to the charm they were looking for and noticed the pointy end of a knife sticking out the door.

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: November 03, 2013, 01:19:29 PM »
The couple looked at each other and shoved the luporo aside. Fil turned Cef into a scythe and charged towards the door. Blasting it open first with a shockwave and then scanning her surroundings. "Well they were right on one thing. This is a hell hole"

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
« Reply #198 on: November 03, 2013, 03:29:59 PM »
Alex gave a triumphant smile as Kitten caught up Zios but caught the dagger out of the corner of his eyes and spun out of the way. Alex looked over and saw Zanzir and decided that it was time to unleash something stronger. Alex released an ice shard that would seek out Zios which should be easy as Kitten lifted him into the air. Once buried in some part of him it would spread a freezing cold through him. Turning to Zanzir Alex released a wave of static at him. It wouldn't damage him but it would draw energy to him.

Akasha muttered to her staff and several runes lit up and it continued to draw as she backed up, her rather nimble frame weaving in and out of strikes. Any who dared to touch her staff would feel searing pain in their hands or paws. As long as the barrier went down Akasha could get to Lara and break the seal. Though as she neared a corner she also realised her breaths were getting shallower and she had to speed things up. Feinting up she suddenly dipped down and dove between Zanzir's legs trying to get to Lara where she planned to deal some magic tipped claw strikes to her barrier.

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: November 03, 2013, 03:57:15 PM »
Fil looked at the two the at zanzir. "Hey you need some help there?" She said and started drawing the rune given by the human on the blade of her scythe. "Cef. If it doesn't do what I think it does. Scream." Fil said after finishing it. It started to glow a deep blue colour.

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: November 03, 2013, 11:58:29 PM »
Since they opened the door so ubruptly, a lot of demons came flying out the door and into the city. Lara laughed as she said, "Well, looks like you two bozos did our work for us. Zios, we're going." The two left and Zanzir proceed to summon a multitude of blood red rose petals, which he fired at the group. The petals,were sharp as,knives and got everywhere. On the plus side, Akasha can breathe freely now since Lara is out of range.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: November 04, 2013, 04:32:52 AM »
Alex scoffed as the vampire seemed to disappear the moment before Alex would have skewered him. Seeing the petals Alex threw up his cloak and heard the distinct sound of the petals scratching at the stone shield though when it changed back the cloth of the cloak was fine. "At least I got his sword as a trophy. Akasha you'll need to mask it so they can't scry it to find us."

Akasha took a deep breath and sighed happily being able to breathe snatching up her staff Kitten flew to her and coiled up behind her as she sent a surge of force forward that barely deflected most of the petals, some making it through the cone of force and cutting her cloak up. "Yes Alex dear, one moment, they damaged my cloak. I liked this cloak, now I'll have to mend it." Akasha walked over and whispered to the sword while waving her staff over it. The odd smoke it emitted clung to it. "I think we need to speak to Diana."

"Agreed, I want a larger discount preferably one called Free."

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: November 04, 2013, 11:22:26 AM »
They appear to have forgotten that Zanzir was still there. While the two were busy disguising the sword, more rose petals came flying about, except these seemed to be purple, when they hit though, the coloration returned to the usual blood red. They noticed Ritsuo had taken quite a few beyond his fur and he started to feel nauseous and began puking. The purple coloration appeared to be some sort of poison.

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: November 04, 2013, 11:58:08 AM »
Fil took a moment to realize what happened but her body already started moving. She spun the scythe around while muttering something silently, paused, and struck it's blade into the ground. "And through death shall the reaper claim her souls" She finished and the first rune on the blade spread onto the ground. Letting lost souls reappear in a thirty meter radius. Catching with it any unholy beings that emerged from the closet. She kept the spell going for a moment and spoke in an otherworldly language. "Dear Lich. Lend me your wings, for there are those who require the judgement of reaping." She finished and pulled it out of the ground, which slid out like knife through butter. She ran out and skeletal wings grew out from her back. She rose above ground and began following the glowing trails the souls left behind

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: November 04, 2013, 01:31:55 PM »
Alex threw his cloak over the two of them and called out to the Dark Lord. "Didn't your little followers say it was time to leave? I know you're not at full power Zanzir, I know because I'm still alive and better off than I was five minutes ago." Better off in that he now had a new weapon which he and Akasha were eager to examine for any special properties.

"Alex dear, lend me your hammer." Alex pulled out his hammer and held it to her. With careful grace she spoke to the hammer while letting a yellowish mist seep over it which caused it glow with dull power. "Well go get him. You and your friends." Akasha winked and with a tap to the ground illusory copies of Alex poured around the cloak and Alex dismissed the cloak and shifted into the group of easily a dozen, moving around with them, their illusory hammers glowing just like his leaving no sign for the real one. The closer he got the more his hammer seemed to cry out, abjuring his presence.

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: November 04, 2013, 01:50:42 PM »
To Cef: Some of the demons slipped through before the rune activated but the majority of them were caught. Some of the weaker ones were killed immediately just by that rune. The others were unable to escape and awaited death.

To Alex: Zanzir scoffed, "I don't have to listen to them. I'm not a Royal Skull, I'm merely allied with them. I act on my own agenda, which at the moment is killing you." When the illusory copies surrounded him he shook his head and began an incantation. A field of reality bending power, like that of which Zorie produced occured. The difference is, is that it was significantly more powerful. When he stopped the incantation, the inside of the closet exploded with blooming roses, all blood red.  There were many razor sharp petals that pierced and dispelled several copies. Eventually he summoned rosy vines that grabbed at Akasha while the thorns dug into her skin. Meanwhile Ritsuo's condition appeared to be getting worse as he started coughing up blood. He managed to fire a shot out of one of his guns. However it only grazed Zanzir's side and embbeded itself into the door.

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2013, 01:59:27 PM »
"May the gates of hell keep you in your rightful place. And may you be reborn. In a different time and space" Fil said and skeletal hands grabbed them and pulled them down. Sending them straight to hell while the lost souls merely disappeared. "Thats that. Now let's see if we can't help those two battle this Zanzir guy." Fil said and let Cef morph back. While still feeling wobbly, he made his way just fine although his visions were weirdly curved.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: November 04, 2013, 02:17:41 PM »
Alex staggered as did the remaining clones and he found it hard to advance. Alex grunted as petal after petal cut through him, not having the time to use his cloak. Half the clones were holding up to the attack so this might just work out.

Akasha gasped and hissed at the thorny tendril and raised a paw spitting out furious and profane words in the same alien, guttural language from earlier and her hand started to emit an acrid smelling smoke. Using the Withering Touch Hex she sought to kill the vine holding her and she focused much of her energy on it while maintaining the remaining clones as best she could.

The clones started throwing their hammers at the Dark Lord and as the last one released his Alex smiled remembering something. "Zanzir never dodged the Curse of Magic Attraction, he must have thought it was just a weak attack." Throwing his hammer at the same time as the last clone Alex stood fast, his blade and the vampires in either hand, now.

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2013, 03:54:45 PM »
To Cef: The two of them nearly trip on Ritsuo, who is passed out with rose petals in him. He is clearly worsening from the effects of the poison.

To Alex: Zanzir anticipated the attack and redirected the rose petals to shield him. The hammer hit him on the head though. "I will not be ridiculed." With that he dispelled his shield violently in every direction attacking anyone in range with multicolor rose petals.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: November 04, 2013, 10:46:26 PM »
Alex sneered and whistled and his hammer flew back and buried itself in the ground at his feet, Akasha walked up chuckling softly and Alex sheathed the swords and put one paw on the hammer and the other on her and once again activated the robe shielding them. "You don't have much experience with the less common use of Abjuration, Zanzir. Abjuring spells can shield, but the one my hammer left in you.. can expel you from this place." Dropping the shield and facing Zanzir, they watched as the banishment started tugging at Zanzir. Once it's full effect came into play the spell would rip him from the spot and he'd vanish-quite fortunately for them, only to appear a good distance from them and this town.

"Tootles darling, till we meet again," Akasha blew a mock kiss to the Dark Lord and watched on.