The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Vulpyre Tales  (Read 11122 times)

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange, Crimson Red
  • Height: 5" 5'
  • Weight: 137 lbs.
  • Build: A strong, but lean sort of build
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Vulpyre Tales
« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2013, 10:51:30 PM »
Zanzir, ever defiant, decided to leave first and burst into a stream of rose petals, obviously just as sharp as the ones before it. His spell was removed and the closet reverted to normal as the demon gate deactivated. Ritsuo was still coughing up blood and looked really terrible.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2013, 11:43:47 PM »
Alex walked to the door and stood in it watching Akasha walk up to Ritsuo. Taking out a very ornate athame she purred out the word "Puuurge" and the runes up it's length glowed red as she cuts fairly shallowly up his chest. The blood that drained out was dark and discolored, obviously carrying the poison out with it. Eventually the blood returned to it's normal hue. Running a finger over the wound Akasha muttered softly and the Ruacoon would notice a bit of a searing pain as the wound knit itself together.

After helping him to his feet she pushed him onto Kitten's back and they walked back into the store, Alex shutting the door firmly behind him. "Oh Diana.. we need to renegotiate our deal.." The witch called out.

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2013, 12:36:44 AM »
Ritsuo jolted awake at the pain of his wound closing up, "Damn, that hurts!" Diana came over and said, "Yeah, I realize. New deal. You get double stock for same price with the 75% offer still standing. Basically your order is doubled and the discount is still there."

Offline Alex Laetus

• Avid Aardvark
  • Let your freak, flag wave! Let it fly!~
    • Awards
  • Species: Great Dane- Germ. Shepherd Mix; Fluffy!!!!
  • Coloring: Mostly a tan, gold fur coat, medium length. Belly is a lighter shade, tail is slightly curly. Teal colored eyes, bent ears.
  • Height: 6'2 Ft/ 187 cm
  • Weight: 170 lbs. / 77 kg
  • Build: Slim; not much muscle, but definitely broad shoulders.
  • Currently: Eeeeeeeeeehhhh... It's been waaaaaaay too long since I've been on here.
« Reply #213 on: November 05, 2013, 11:04:05 PM »

A hooded figure watches the madness ensue from a balcony. Strands of raven hair poke out from the black hood as he breathes heavily, a bead of sweat running down his face; so much going on at once, and so much to take in... Mordred couldn't help but feel a little overwhelmed.

He had his mission and purpose for being in Konoro city, of which he was not incredibly willing to share with just anyone. However, there were few to no actions he was willing to perform without observing the current scuffle for a little longer.

Nervously, he drummed his fingers along the lavender bound, leather codex at his side. On the front were printed two gold leaf masks of tragedy and comedy... He hoped he wouldn't have to revert to asking them for help yet (not that he minded).

Things could just get complicated with Mercutio and Alexander.

And so, Mordred waited, glass blue eyes carefully watching the combatants... Or were they finished?... Whatever they were, the hume silently kept his gaze upon the one shouting about a closed wound.
The Mad Hatter: Have I gone Mad?

Alice: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret.

All the best people are.

~ Lewiss Carroll

Simba: "You're so weird"

Scar: "You have /no/ idea"

~ ~ ~

Credit to:

Harry026Husky (DA) For Original Template of Avi

Recolored by Me

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: November 06, 2013, 02:05:18 AM »
Alex stood before Diana safely within the shop, away from prying eyes as did Akasha and Ritsuo. Gazing at Diana Alex couldn't help but wish that she had offered the things to him free. Hearing that she would give them double the stock was an interesting offer. Akasha blinked and opened her muzzle as if to speak but thought better of it. "Madame Diana may we speak in the quiet security of the back room? I have a special request."

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: November 06, 2013, 02:13:34 AM »
Ritsuo noticed the man looking at him and decided since he was feeling better, to go and say hi. He expertly climbed his way up to his balcony and said, "Yo. Haven't seen you around Hectomatru. What's your name?"

Diana cocked her head to the side, "Sure. I guess?" She lead Akasha into the back room. Leaving Alex alone with Fil and Cef as well as the Luporo assistant.

Offline Alex Laetus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Mostly a tan, gold fur coat, medium length. Belly is a lighter shade, tail is slightly curly. Teal colored eyes, bent ears.
  • Currently: Eeeeeeeeeehhhh... It's been waaaaaaay too long since I've been on here.
« Reply #216 on: November 06, 2013, 02:36:02 AM »
Letting out a small cry of astonishment as the Ruacoon clambered up the building, Mordred took a few steps back.

Biting his lip, he kept his hood up, but shakily answered with a quiet voice, offering a gloved hand, "H-hi. My name is Mordred. And you probably haven't... I only recently got to the city."

Mordred patted his right side pocket as he was greeted, more so out of nervous habit than purpose; to think that just sitting around and observing would have brought the action to him.

And so he stood, gloved hand lofted in mid air as time felt like jelly around him; he hoped he hadn't been seen as rude for being a spectator...

All the best people are.

~ Lewiss Carroll

~ ~ ~

Credit to:

Recolored by Me

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: November 06, 2013, 02:38:16 AM »
Alex watched them go then turned to the other three and nodded softly his eyes shifting to Cef and Fil, "What were you two doing while we were fighting for our lives? Surely someone must have known what was going on. A Dark Lord being summoned by two Royal Skulls isn't easy to hide." Alex arched his eyebrows at the two as Akasha quietly shut the door behind them.

Now in absolute privacy Akasha turned to Diana. "We faced a Dark Lord in there, Zanzir, he only left because he didn't want to take a blow to his pride by suffering by a common Banishment. I am in contact with.. unusual forces. These forces however are hard to stay in contact with. I could deliver sweet wrath upon them if I could create a greater connection with my.. patrons." Akasha ran her fingers along a wall staring at it as she waited, perhaps for the sheer sake of dramatics or maybe she was thinking of how straightforward she wanted to be. "I need to know if you have any books that are considered Forbidden Lore. If you do, I need them. If Zanzir gets back to full power, it will be the end of us all. I know you understand. You seem like the kind of woman who's handled illegal magic."

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: November 06, 2013, 04:12:44 AM »
To Alex Fawxe: Diana sighed, "Involuntarily, yes. Those demon summoning runes in the closet were a prime example of what goes through this shop sometimes. As for Zanzir, I believe keeping him from full power is lot easier than you think. The seal that ties off his power is connected to the Kitesun family. You know Syaoran, right? Well, his father was the one who originally sealed him off. I was... am considered a family friend, so I know a few things regarding them." She frowned slightly as if in regret. "Well, the only way to completely destroy the seal is to perform a blood ritual at the site. Therefore the key to keeping Zanzir's power from returning, is to keep Syaoran and his brother as far away from Zanzir as possible and failing that, keep Zanzir away from his seal. Now, as for the Tome you were looking for, I don't have any copies. I know where one is though."

To Alex Laetus: Ritsuo shrugged, "Dude, you look like you've seen a ghost. Then again, I nearly got slaughtered by something much worse, so I guess that's an understatement. You need to relax a bit." With that he climbed up to the rooftop. He motioned for Mordred to follow. "Oh, by the way, mine's Ritsuo."

Offline Alex Laetus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2013, 04:37:12 AM »
Watching Ritsuo climb the roof, Modred pulled back his hand, and then exposed his head, his pale complexion certainly standing out... Compared to the Racoon being, Mordred felt... Exposed.

"Alright... Sorry, I just don't hang out with people very much. And very nice to meet you Ritsuo."

Seeing the motion to follow... Mordred bit his lip, "Uh... I probably won't be very fast in keeping up....

Erm, well, that is... Unless you'd be willing to wait for me for a few seconds to go get changed into something else."

All the best people are.

~ Lewiss Carroll

~ ~ ~

Credit to:

Recolored by Me

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
  • I REALLY need coffee...
    • Awards
  • Species: drafox (Dragon/Fox hybrid)
  • Coloring: Mostly White
  • Height: 6 feet tall
  • Weight: 48kg
  • Build: thin
  • Currently: Raving in my imaginations cause I just dont care
« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2013, 08:30:41 AM »
"For you it may not be hard to find because you use arcane magic and runes. For us who deal with the dead however. It's a different story." Fil said and nodded to Cef. "See it was designed to store and hide things that do not belong from each other. That includes me and Fil. I'm a lich who can summon things from the other world. So a door would be easy to tunnel through. Which would let them go free." Cef finished and let Fil start. "Also I'm not invited. Too. Because my soul is tied to his and the effects are similar. The door too has it's own defenses. A normal person could open it easily. But for those that do not belong. It disintegrates. Which is why I blasted it open instead of touching it." Fil finished and crossed her hands. "Now care to tell me why your dealing with forbidden runes?"

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2013, 11:15:10 AM »
Ritsuo sat down at the top, "Sure, I'm not going anywhere."

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »
Alex crossed his arms casually and arched his brows, "What makes you think I'm dealing in forbidden runes? This is a legitimate shop selling legitimate runes and herbs, so on and so forth. Some are rare and mostly unheard of. I simply wanted a rune of greater impact for my hammer. Nothing illegal about that is there?" Alex looked them dead in the eyes. Nothing about him suggested he was lying, because he wasn't lying. Nothing about him suggested he was withholding the truth either. That, however, was because he was skilled in wit and word choice.

Akasha walked up to her and looked her dead in the eyes, her gaze that of a starving beggar being told of a place with a feast fit for a king. "A map, a picture, a set of simple directions, a general heading. Give me something I can use. I want this tome." Akasha's tone was fierce and demanding. The witch certainly didn't mean it but she was becoming quite forceful and intimidating.

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
  • I REALLY need coffee...
    • Awards
  • Species: drafox (Dragon/Fox hybrid)
  • Coloring: Mostly White
  • Height: 6 feet tall
  • Weight: 48kg
  • Build: thin
  • Currently: Raving in my imaginations cause I just dont care
« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2013, 01:02:03 PM »
"REALLY? Then might I have the pleasure to.ask you why.you were so DESPERATE as to 'cleaning' a 'closet' full of demons. And might I add that it is one which contains not one but TWO royal skulls PLUS a dark lord" This time it was Fil's turn to cross her arms. She knew she got somewhere. She just needs a little more proof to pop the bubble.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2013, 01:24:18 PM »
Alex chuckled at the indignant response he got and shook his head. "'Desperate'? We were smart. We were told there were a few demons loose, and we were getting a hefty discount to clear them out. That is being an opportunist is what that is." Alex gave the girl a stern look. Alex had gotten a long way saying the right things at the right times and best of all, he didn't have to lie. "First we knew there was one Royal skull and some minor demons. We could easily stave off Lara, but she called in Zios. At that point we didn't have much option in retreating. We were on the defensive. Just as we were getting the upper hand Lara played the trump, she summoned Zanzir. There was no choice in turning and running. Any attempt to flee would have left us too open. As it is Ritsuo nearly died." Alex tilted his head and arched a brow to her, his defense being air tight given that it was cemented in fact. "Had we known how much danger was inside we would have gathered all of us immediately."