The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Vulpyre Tales  (Read 11119 times)

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange, Crimson Red
  • Height: 5" 5'
  • Weight: 137 lbs.
  • Build: A strong, but lean sort of build
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Vulpyre Tales
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2013, 03:34:24 PM »
To Alex: Diana was not fazed in the slightest, though she quickly got to her point, "The Tome is in the castle in the capital in the royal library. You are going to have to get permission directly from the Queen herself, if you want to get it though. I'm sure if you explain, she'll understand why you would need it."

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2013, 04:02:33 PM »
Akasha let out a soft growl and turned away and strode to the wall. "Not everyone is understanding as we are, Diana. There's been remarkably few people to outright accept my powers as okay. They don't come from gods or even a Vestige. These beings are so incredibly beyond comprehension that most just label them as some horrid, malevolent, alien beings wielding ungodly power." Akasha stared at the wall and muttered softly before exclaiming, "I need a good convincing cover. They'll never let me undo seals on planar boundaries to allow more of their alien presence to slip through so that people like myself can use it."

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
  • I REALLY need coffee...
    • Awards
  • Species: drafox (Dragon/Fox hybrid)
  • Coloring: Mostly White
  • Height: 6 feet tall
  • Weight: 48kg
  • Build: thin
  • Currently: Raving in my imaginations cause I just dont care
« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2013, 04:48:38 PM »
"Just a few minor demons? There were hundreds. what? thousands in there. Do you have ANY idea how much harm that would cost a town who probably uses magic to do the laundry and nothing else? Do you think EVERYONE has as much skills as you do? SURE magic is common but people won't be using YOUR magic to do their chores." Fil grunted and turned Cef into a scythe. "I'm leaving. For now. Thanks for giving me work to do. Moron" Fil spat at the last word and looked around the town in search of the remaining ones that got away. "You blew it there didn't you" Cef said telepathically. "How am I supposed to lecture someone who practices normal magic with what I know. Why can't he just be more sensible. Seriously" She said and swung the scythe down onto a demon's back. It body slowly disintegrated into ashes as the wind blew past it. "One down, ninety-nine more to got"

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: November 06, 2013, 05:21:56 PM »
Alex strode casually out after them and called down the street, "For the record! We were the only ones in danger up until some rotten, loud-mouth child BLASTED the door down. You make your bed you lie in it!" Alex gave a smug grin mostly to himself. Confused as to how the girl managed to forget that she set the demons loose and not Alex. All the same Alex turned to go back inside but spotted Ritsuo and some stranger up on a balcony. The newcomer was interesting to Alex but Alex needed to know what was going on with Akasha. Undoubtedly she was looking for old and blatantly outlawed tomes, but such was the nature of her work and her craft.

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: November 06, 2013, 07:11:55 PM »
Diana muttered under her breath for a moment, "Look, you need that book to fight Zanzir. That alone would be a good enough reason for her to give you the book. If you explain it to either one of the Kitesuns first, it'll probably boost your favor. Their family is very well respected, among the royal court."

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: November 06, 2013, 07:28:25 PM »
Akasha sighed and nodded. Subterfuge and half truths would be her greatest weapon here. According to what Alex had told her Syaoran was with them. So through him, she'd get the families favor, then through the family she would obtain the courts favor. Then-"Alright, fair enough. Alex is going to want a Greater Elemental Burst to go with his Greater Impact. I will ask for nothing more, given the invaluable information I was given. What is our new total?"

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: November 06, 2013, 07:36:39 PM »
"Same as last considering the double up deal combined with the 75% discount."

Offline Alex Laetus

• Avid Aardvark
  • Let your freak, flag wave! Let it fly!~
    • Awards
  • Species: Great Dane- Germ. Shepherd Mix; Fluffy!!!!
  • Coloring: Mostly a tan, gold fur coat, medium length. Belly is a lighter shade, tail is slightly curly. Teal colored eyes, bent ears.
  • Height: 6'2 Ft/ 187 cm
  • Weight: 170 lbs. / 77 kg
  • Build: Slim; not much muscle, but definitely broad shoulders.
  • Currently: Eeeeeeeeeehhhh... It's been waaaaaaay too long since I've been on here.
« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2013, 02:05:28 AM »
Giving a nod, Mordred ducked into the building, and sought a private room.

Closing the door behind him, he lifted a hand, causing his tome to rise, along with his two brands to faintly glow as he flipped open the pages...

Finding the one he was looking for, Mordred reached into the pages to retrieve a mask that featured the face of a Raccoon, a slash across one of its eyes.

Closing the book, and slipping it into one of his pockets, he places the mask on his face, closing his eyes as he feels a purple light envelope him...

~ ~ ~

About a good three minutes after he entered, a Raucoon in very light clothes and a green bandanna on his head burst out, he hopping onto the roof.

Giving a sly wink to Ritsuo, he gave him a thumbs up, "Alrighty; ready to get going Rit?"
The Mad Hatter: Have I gone Mad?

Alice: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret.

All the best people are.

~ Lewiss Carroll

Simba: "You're so weird"

Scar: "You have /no/ idea"

~ ~ ~

Credit to:

Harry026Husky (DA) For Original Template of Avi

Recolored by Me

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2013, 02:19:25 AM »
Ritsuo blinked multiple times, "Enchanted Mask user huh? Not the first time I saw one, but it has been several years." He proceeded to bound across the rooftops in the direction of the residential district where most of the others were. "I'll introduce you to everyone else."

Meanwhile over at the sandwich shop where Incendium and Sasha were, Sasha noticed something off, "Um, we should probably go. I sense something demonic approaching." She proceeded to hurriedly walk to the door and waited for Incendium.

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: November 07, 2013, 03:09:37 PM »
Akasha looks to Alex in the doorway who walks in. Catching him up on the situation Alex sighs and starts to pony up some money though Akasha comes up with most of it. Carefully picking out Luperian currency without Diana seeing she hands over just over half and Alex finishes the rest and collects their things. "I hope it was worth it Akasha..."

"It was Alex, believe me." Akasha gave him a wry look then led them to the door, "I believe you should find a guild who will lend you use of their enchanting equipment, hopefully they won't make a game of getting permission. I'm no longer in the mood for games."

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: November 07, 2013, 03:51:17 PM »
Diana spoke up, "Actually there's some equipment next to the alchemy stuff. The nearest guild is halfway across town, so I may as well save you time."

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: November 07, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »
Alex nodded softly, "Thanks," then walked over to the table and set his hammer down on it. Alex carefully applied the Rune Of Greater Impact then picked up the bonding rod and used the bolt of energy to bond the rune to the hammer, after done Alex carefully inspected his work then set the hammer down on the pronged hammer head so that the fresh rune was facing the wall and repeated the process with the Greater Elemental Burst rune. After completed Alex inspected his work again then nodded to Diana giving one last thanks before exiting the shop. With the street still clear from the small outpouring of demons Alex smiled to Akasha. "I wanna try out my new toy. Try not to get in the way."

Kitten, having followed them out simply waited as Akasha got on her back then they followed after Alex as he bolted off running a paw over the head and storing electricity in it till it hummed and glowed. Making his way past Cef and Fil Alex spotted an impish demon starting to terrorize a small group of towns people and took a little bit of a skipping step landing in a sturdy stance. With a firm grip Alex put the hammer into the Imp and both effects activated. A wave of electricity and kinetic energy blasted the impish hellion into the air in a shower of sparks. At it's peak the discharge seemed to have finished it off leaving it as a scattering pile of ashes as it fell. "Why didn't I do this sooner?"

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: November 07, 2013, 09:15:18 PM »
As they moved on, they noticed Syaoran was fighting a demon nearby as well. His sword was boosted with what appeared to be a light-element spell that was pretty effective at wiping out the demons. "Where did these demons come from!? They're swarming the place!"

Offline Alex Laetus

• Avid Aardvark
  • Let your freak, flag wave! Let it fly!~
    • Awards
  • Species: Great Dane- Germ. Shepherd Mix; Fluffy!!!!
  • Coloring: Mostly a tan, gold fur coat, medium length. Belly is a lighter shade, tail is slightly curly. Teal colored eyes, bent ears.
  • Height: 6'2 Ft/ 187 cm
  • Weight: 170 lbs. / 77 kg
  • Build: Slim; not much muscle, but definitely broad shoulders.
  • Currently: Eeeeeeeeeehhhh... It's been waaaaaaay too long since I've been on here.
« Reply #238 on: November 08, 2013, 12:40:53 AM »
Eyes opening a bit, Mercutio replied, "What? Me using masks? What are you talking about XD? This is OBVIOUSLY the work of a magic shawl ; P. You should brush up on your magic."

Watching the Raucoon hop ahead of him, Mercutio tightened his bandana, and a smug grin on his face, hopped after his new friend, exclaiming, "I'd love to! Sounds like if they're anything like you, they have to be a fairly interesting bunch!"
The Mad Hatter: Have I gone Mad?

Alice: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret.

All the best people are.

~ Lewiss Carroll

Simba: "You're so weird"

Scar: "You have /no/ idea"

~ ~ ~

Credit to:

Harry026Husky (DA) For Original Template of Avi

Recolored by Me

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: November 08, 2013, 01:23:29 AM »
"Not you, the guy you were before. I know how enchanted masks work." Ritsuo continued bounding ahead until they reached Yumoru's Lab. Ritsuo noticed that Syaoran was missing. "Hey, where's Sya at?"
Haruko responded, "He went off in the direction of some screaming, apparently there's been a bit of a demon infes-"

"We know. Oh guys this is Mordred... er was, don't know what name he's using at the moment. He's a mask user."

Yumoru and Haruko responded with their own greeting. "So, what now?" Ritsuo asked.