The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney  (Read 1319 times)

Offline GentleBear

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Brown Bear
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
« on: October 19, 2013, 02:11:49 AM »
... And related games, of course.

As I'm not much of a gamer, it may not count, but these always come to mind as my favourite games. Is there anyone else here that likes them as much as I do? I couldn't find an existing thread, so perhaps not - but I'm hopeful.

If so: who are your favourite characters? Your favourite cases? Games? ... Music, even?
How do you feel about Apollo Justice, or the Edgeworth spinoff? Are you looking forward to the new game? (I'm quite let down, myself - I haven't the foggiest how to acquire digital-only games.) What about Ace Attorney vs. Professor Layton?

Opinions on other topics are fine as well! Anything that comes to mind, I want to talk about it.

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 11:23:19 AM »
About time they had a thread like this :D

Yeah i loved Ace attorney. i felt like there was a big feeling of rivalry between Apollo and the prosecutor i felt that it was a shame that wright stole the show a bit when Apollo was starting to shine (what was with him been so negative about everything).

And apparently Miles Edgeworth had a good review for been different i guess its hard to accept its a spin off (hence its difference is what alienates many fans).

But i think the new 3DS game looks outstanding I love the anime cutscene (always wanted to see the characters in a more immersive cutscene :D).

What i want to see is a spin off series with a triple A budget David Cage style game    (with Nicholas Cage as detective gumshoe :P)
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline GentleBear

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »
As much as I love Phoenix, I have to agree with you on that. I'm not all that attached to any AJ characters (except AJ!era Ema Skye, who grew up to be an amazing, deadpan sort of hilarious) and I think I can attribute that, in part, to how the game treats even its main character. If they wanted to keep the series about Phoenix, and the plot centered around him, they could have done that. Apollo got the short end of the stick. I admittedly don't like AJ!Phoenix as much as the high-strung, inwardly sarcastic, deeply motivated Phoenix from his own games in the first place.
Don't get me wrong, though, I enjoyed the game deeply! Even with my objective acknowledgement that it should have let Apollo have his own story, I still have a deep, abiding love for the flashbacks.

I liked Ace Attorney: Investigations, too, but not quite as much. I love that you allude to its differences, because it makes me remember all the jokes people made about WALKING! when it first came out. A new, innovative feature - unprecedented: ACTUALLY WALKING AROUND! I do think a game about Edgeworth shouldn't have been kept entirely out of court, though - they could have made the same game with Gumshoe as a main character, and still have Edgeworth feature in it.
Perhaps I'm biased, though: everyone seems to love Edgeworth more than me. I don't dislike him, but I don't love him either.

I confess I needed to look up who David Cage is - I loved Heavy Rain, but I don't think that sort of hyper-realistic style would translate well to a franchise based on goofy character designs and mostly sprite-based art. But, then, the live action movie was (incredibly campy and) very well done, so who knows?
One caveat, though: Nick Cage has to play everyone. Nick Cage as Phoenix. Nick Cage as Edgeworth. Nick Cage as Pearls channeling Mia.

I can't wait for the cutscenes, either! I've waited so long for any sort of animation - perhaps an animated movie/show is still within the realms of possibility. I can dream.

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 09:34:23 PM »
As much as I love Phoenix, I have to agree with you on that. I'm not all that attached to any AJ characters (except AJ!era Ema Skye, who grew up to be an amazing, deadpan sort of hilarious) and I think I can attribute that, in part, to how the game treats even its main character. If they wanted to keep the series about Phoenix, and the plot centered around him, they could have done that. Apollo got the short end of the stick. I admittedly don't like AJ!Phoenix as much as the high-strung, inwardly sarcastic, deeply motivated Phoenix from his own games in the first place.
Don't get me wrong, though, I enjoyed the game deeply! Even with my objective acknowledgement that it should have let Apollo have his own story, I still have a deep, abiding love for the flashbacks.

I liked Ace Attorney: Investigations, too, but not quite as much. I love that you allude to its differences, because it makes me remember all the jokes people made about WALKING! when it first came out. A new, innovative feature - unprecedented: ACTUALLY WALKING AROUND! I do think a game about Edgeworth shouldn't have been kept entirely out of court, though - they could have made the same game with Gumshoe as a main character, and still have Edgeworth feature in it.
Perhaps I'm biased, though: everyone seems to love Edgeworth more than me. I don't dislike him, but I don't love him either.

I confess I needed to look up who David Cage is - I loved Heavy Rain, but I don't think that sort of hyper-realistic style would translate well to a franchise based on goofy character designs and mostly sprite-based art. But, then, the live action movie was (incredibly campy and) very well done, so who knows?
One caveat, though: Nick Cage has to play everyone. Nick Cage as Phoenix. Nick Cage as Edgeworth. Nick Cage as Pearls channeling Mia.

I can't wait for the cutscenes, either! I've waited so long for any sort of animation - perhaps an animated movie/show is still within the realms of possibility. I can dream.
noting your statement of nick cage... i think other actors would be good as the other characters.. David Tennant as phoenix, the guy who played robin in the new batman as Apollo and Benedict Cumberbach as either Miles Edgeworth or the convicted prosecutor from the new game :D.. but yea there's already a movie but I would love these actors in a western version I would just end up on the floor laughing if i saw nick cage as gumshoe.... also i think Rowan Atkinson will have to be someone... i just dunno who...
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline GentleBear

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 10:00:29 PM »
noting your statement of nick cage... i think other actors would be good as the other characters.. David Tennant as phoenix, the guy who played robin in the new batman as Apollo and Benedict Cumberbach as either Miles Edgeworth or the convicted prosecutor from the new game :D .. but yea there's already a movie but I would love these actors in a western version I would just end up on the floor laughing if i saw nick cage as gumshoe.... also i think Rowan Atkinson will have to be someone... i just dunno who...
Oh dear lord, what a nightmare. I can't tell if you're joking or not! You are, aren't you? You must be. I refuse to believe anything else.

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 09:26:53 AM »
in some parts yes and some no XD