The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Halloween!  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Snow Kittie

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Halloween!
« on: October 31, 2013, 11:51:18 AM »
Today is Halloween! Halloween originated from the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, a celebration of the end of harvest season. People would often have bonfires, and according to history.com would even wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts. Halloween today is popular in the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, and increasingly elsewhere due to American influence through the media.
Modern halloween involves bonfires, etc, but the main attraction for most is Trick-or-treating. The meaning behind the saying is that the children would play a trick on your house if you had no treat to give. It is generally expected that if you live in a neighborhood with kids in America, you buy candy to hand out. Going door-to-door in costumes has been a practice since the Middle Ages for other hilidays such as wassailing and Christmas. The first record of doing it on halloween is in 1911, when a newpaper in Kingston, Ontario, wrote and article about kids going around town between 6 and 7pm and getting treats such as nuts from shops.
That being said, what are YOU doing for halloween? For those with cosplay materials, or other thingss such as tails, ears, paws, full out suits, are you planning on using them in any way today?

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Happy Halloween!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 10:17:30 PM »
Happy Halloween guys :P

It's been a long and busy year, it hardly feels like any sort of holiday on my end and I'm not even in the mood to go out and scare people tonight D:

My costume looks pretty scary too. I wear an old mask with a black hoodie, jeans, and fingerless gloves and I stand under street lamps and stare at people from a distance outside my house xD Sometimes when I'm holding common household items in my hands like my printer or an old coffee machine, it's randomness adds to the creepy factor.

When I got bored I would start slowly dragging the heavy end of my dad's old splitting axe around on the driveway with one hand while making weird wailing noises when people weren't very close by.

Not a lot of people come to my house for candy :I

How are you guys spending the holiday? Anything special?

Offline BakaFawkes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • It's not personal text if you can read it!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Dark Fulvous, Reddish hair
  • Height: My height (How tall am I anyway?)
  • Weight: Same as me (still unknown, maybe 160-ish)
  • Build: Average, but nimble, naturally fit.
  • Currently: Totally stressin'
Re: Halloween!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 12:30:15 AM »
Happy late Halloween! I spent it hopped up on candy with some friends doing fun stuff. I fell off an elementary school roof, luckily the concrete broke my fall.  :)
You don't have to be great to start, you only have to start to be great.