The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Life Stone  (Read 13107 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: Life Stone
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2014, 12:31:21 AM »
Kiana didn't pay much attention to the actions or words of the red panda and the kitsune. They were just two more people who would be in her way. Lost in her own thoughts, she only snapped back to when Korius spoke and she looked up to see him standing in front of her and the others. So they were going to blacksmith's place? She wasn't really sure what the man could do for her, but maybe he would have some arrows to replace the ones she lost. She followed Korius along with the others to the blacksmith's then waited as the blacksmith answered the door and Korius spoke to him.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2014, 01:04:45 AM »
The blacksmith was still in the same work-clothing he was in from the previous night, not having changed or gotten out of them because of his night-work that he had done, despite the inebriation-and-hungover state. When he heard the knock on the door, he opened it to greet Korius. "My daughter will be accompanying you on your journey. I would've prepared something for your team if I had the time." he spoke, then he pointed with his good arm to the new fox-kin and the red panda kin to their group. "I did not see those two before and would've prepared something for them accordingly. But, that aside..." he spoke as he picked up a full quiver of arrows to hand them over towards Kiana . "I've already given my daughter a set for her trip, your other archer could use some too judging from how empty her quiver is. They are properly balanced and you will be surprised on what material the tips are made from."

Karina watched as this was going on while putting on a backpack of provisions, a larger quiver of arrows similar to the ones handed to Kiana, and slinging her newly-tempered bow onto her back while attaching a small pouch of money onto her belt. "Father... all of this is made from..." the blue-haired fox-kin spoke as she got up to go meet the rest of the group.

"Now, now... don't spoil the surprise for your friends. Let them guess on it." the white wolf spoke, having a bit of a playful side to him as he tapped his own lips in a 'shh' manner. "And I know long good-byes have never been my thing, so I will expect a safe return. Happy hunting out there, my dear daughter, for I know not what your heart seeks."

"Keep the coals warm, Father." Karina spoke in return, raising one black-furred hand in a wave in return as she walks next to Korius.

"For the rest of you, at the moment I can only give of my standard wares. Weapons are made custom to the user, but armor is often made for generic sizes." he spoke as he pushed open the door to show them that he had some chain-mail suits, some hauberks, some brigandines, some gambesons, and even some thickened leather tunics. "I even have some tools here that might suit those who don't wear armor." he spoke as he pointed to some grapnel hooks with rope and lock-smith tool sets.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 01:38:41 AM by Vosur »

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2014, 11:04:57 AM »
Suzumi's eyes still burned with a bit of anger even as Korius handed back her gloves but her voice turned to nothing more than a mumble "If I had the choice I wouldn't take them off." Turning away from him and quickly sliding the gloves over her hand she moved her fingers a few times before nodding to herself. "Ok...Good to go." Turning to look at the door she nodded, and followed the group to the blacksmiths place quite confident that the man wouldn't be able to do anything for her but still curious as to see his wares. Arriving there she looked at all the the armors he had on display comparing one of the leather pieces to the one she was wearing. Seeing a light weight one that had a darker sheen to it she nodded, that was the one she would take. "This piece here...It could work well."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 12:33:06 PM by Suzumibachii »

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2014, 04:56:58 PM »
Thinking back on the last few encounters he'd had, Helios darted to a buckler hanging on the wall. It was nothing fancy, a solid piece of steel, with a black thickened piece of leather for a handle. Helios slipped it on and gave his arm a few swings marveling at the lightness of the buckler. With a smile he turned to the blacksmith. "Excused me sir, would you happen to maybe have a whet stone I could have? I prefer to keep my blade sharpened between battles"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:10:27 PM by ShiroTenshiRyu »
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2014, 06:32:20 PM »
Leo's head turned to say something to Helios, swearing that he wasn't even drunk lastnight. However, he stopped after hearing Korius's booming voice. His head turning back to the main site of attention, and quickly noticing the elven lady receiving five gold coins. His hatred was now seething for her. The thief who ruined her to him, wasn't even at fault. She lost her own money, and was apparently stupid enough to carry the five gold coins with her, when they were what she could scrounge up for her entire long elven life. But regardless, he left it alone,  now sliding away from the table and following Korius out the door. His eyes shifting just slightly to observe the woman's appearance in-case he decided to do something about her new coins personally.

Once they reached the Smithy's shop, he watched the small exchange of words. Only blinking when the smith he had saw earlier looking much duller from his drinking binge. He wouldn't be surprised if the insides smelled like vomit.

The cat did lean to the side to look past the other group, and through the doorway, before finally stepping foot inside to get a better look around. His hand reaching up to scratch at his head. His ears slowly slacking when he realized that a good chunk of them were simply to heavy or cumbersome to use. The leather was an option, but it's design was still built for warriors. It would be a slightly more protective version of his shirt, but still slightly limiting to some of his more intricate movements. “Uhh...” he began. He felt all to like a wizard in a weapon shop. The cat turned around, “Do you have the leathers... in a vest form? I'd hate to rip up something that was offered in a kind gesture. Oh... and do you have some other tools? Such as... wire cutters and some pry bars?"
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline EllieDragon

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Panda
  • Coloring: Red with white and black markings
  • Height: 4'5''
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Chubby Hourglass
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2014, 07:21:54 PM »
Anoi glanced back again at the others who were staring down at wolf.  They must be the party that he was talking about.  As the woman came and retrieved her gloves from Korius her ears went down against her head in embarrassment. "I apologize for my mates behavior."  She gently nudges Keio to apologize as well.  She was about to leave with her mate to pick up a couple of things for themselves when she heard that the man was dragging them off to the blacksmith.  Releasing Keio she nods. "We will follow.  Though I have no use for anything that blacksmith might be able to provide for me."  Taking Keio's hand in the paw that was not occupied by her staff she dragged the fox kin with her, not wanting her to venture off by herself now.

When they arrived at the blacksmith Anoi stood there a bit awkwardly.  She needed a few things from her home before they left and if the wolf was determined to leave in an hour she might not have the time. "You could use some daggers, right love?" She says quietly to Keio before releasing her hand and approaching Korius.  She was nervous about asking but there were things that she could not stand to leave behind. "Um.. Excuse me.  But, might I request a bit more time?  I need to run home for a few things before we leave.."

Offline Rosanna Foxfire

• Vibrating Furby
  • Stuuuuuuuuuufffff!
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune
  • Coloring: Reddish Blonde
  • Height: 4'9"
  • Weight: 85lbs
  • Build: Wide hips, narrow waist and shoulders, long legs
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2014, 11:08:27 PM »
The foxkin did not apologize, even after her mate nudged her meaningfully, instead preferring to follow behind sullenly, making a show of how much she apparently did not want to be there.  She followed behind, allowing herself to be pulled by Anoi more than she walked under her own power until they arrived at the blacksmith.

She blinked, one ear twitching atop her head as she considered the gathering around her, and the location they were at.

"You could use some daggers, right love?"  The fox shook her head.  She did not need daggers, she'd had three on her right now... Though, any spares would be welcome, she supposed.

When she determined it was her turn to speak, she did so.  "If you have any spare throwing knives, and perhaps a bandolier for them, I would greatly appreciate it.  If not..."  She shrugged, "I can make do, I suppose."
  • Avatar by: graphiteforlunch Deviantart
  • Signature art by: None

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2014, 02:56:20 PM »
Korius looked over at the red panda, "You have your time limit. So make the best of it." He then took a look around inside the shop for a little and actually did find something that he wanted. It was the same type of plated bottoms that he had, but newer, and a plated back holster that seemed it was designed for berserkers. "I'll take these. My sword has been plenty reliable for the last 30 years, no point in replacing it. Besides, it tells many stories by itself." He looked at his trusty blade that leaned against the front door with much feeling, a very small smile curling on his lips, but quickly disappeared within a second. "Take your equipment or clothing and get going. We're leaving as soon as there's light." Korius left first, changing quickly outside despite having only one arm. He then reached inside and grabbed his sword before heading to the gate. The wolf waited there for the rest of the party, around 10 minutes prior to the appointed time. He stared into his sword that he had dug into the ground. Korius' mind winded through the memories he had with the sword. From the dragon blood of the beast that he had slain two weeks prior, the single only chip on the back side of it that was from his first clash against another berserker back 20 years ago and even the permanent green stain near the hilt from killing the sphynx that claimed his left arm 5 years ago.

When the party finally arrived, he picked his weapon out of the ground and holstered it on his back. Standing up straight for the first time in a long time as he began to walk, "Our first real target is up next. There's an old, 400-year-old castle about 10 leagues to the northeast along the coast. It was once a young kingdom of only 20 years before a dragon had claimed it for itself. It's one of the few coastal territories I haven't been able to explore over the years."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:03:33 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2014, 03:26:25 PM »
"Sorry, even those throwing knives are made custom to the thrower. I put a lot of thought into the weapons I would make for someone, take for example my daughter over there." the white wolf spoke to Anoi and Keio as he pointed to the blue haired fox-kin. "I've watched that girl train and train with that weapon for several years. I have to see how a person moves before I make them a weapon. Armor and tools are more lenient, but I have gotten custom orders for both." He then turns his attention to one who asked about the whet stone. "Actually I do have a couple, so here, take this one." he spoke as he tossed a small pouch with a palm-sized whet stone in it. He then looked about to the one who asked about the prybar and wire-cutters. "Sounds like you're into some shady business... so I'm not going to ask what you intend to do. I have a spare set of wire-cutters in my shop, but you can uses these and that kit over there. A prybar would be easy to make, but your leader wouldn't give me enough time. And as for leathers, they're right near by the tools, pick out something that fits." he spoke as he handed over the wire-cutters on his tool-belt and pointed to the kit. The blacksmith smiled rather widely, satisfied at seeing Korius pick something before leaving out. Once everyone had gotten what they needed, the blacksmith watched them as they left and went to work on the metal-ware for the tavern owner.

Karina followed Korius's lead after he changed gear, quite a bit heavier in her walking due to all the gear she had with her. "I hear the terrain is rather rocky around there, but the furthest out I've been from home was half-a-day's distance due to the Hunt." she spoke as she looked in the direction that he pointed.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2014, 01:00:12 AM »
The cat would look down to the pair of wire cutters that had been offered to him, and took them appreciatively from his hand. He'd let the clamp's lock drop, to open it up so he can take a look at the blade to see exactly how sharp or abused it was. Once he was satisfied with the blade's sharpness, he'd close them back up and slide them into his lock picks pouch.

“Right then... I am going to find another pouch...” the cat would comment aloud to himself. He didn't have any other bags with him kept for the few pouches that were attached to the belt under his sash. And with a new addition of tools to his slowly growing collection, his own OCD for organization was beginning to kick in at full drive. His eyes then gazed over the other selections of armor that had been offered.

He didn't take much time to browse through the wares, but he did seem to know the base of what he was looking for. His hands carefully lifting each one in display, to test it's weight, and give. And eventually, he found something that he had found to be of better taste to him. Once he picked it up, and noticed the weight. His eyes finally settled down to see what made it different. It was just a leather vest.  A natural stone gray, but with a bit more black hue to it. But much darker than the clothing the feline currently wore. It lacked the sleeves of the other armors, and had a small handful of belt loops that looped securely across several easily accessed but out of the way locations. This was only noticed to by the arm length soft leather gloves that had been strapped onto the side of it. Possibly the remaining portion of the sleeves? Either way, the gloves wouldn't be to useful to the thief without some modification for his fingers. The cat gave it a very contemplative look before finally taking it off the rack with one final word and a childish smile. “Pockets. Oh yes, pockets pockets, and many more pockets.” Of course it was unconsciously said aloud, but he wasn't to far off of his list of priorities in equipment. For what he does, pockets are always necessary. More so than an actual weapon to a thief.

Leo then slipped the vest into his arms. Then the lock smiths tool-set and new grapple-hook and line on top. Without much of a comment, the thief made his way out the door. Though he made sure that as he he moved out, he was being watched so he wouldn't be suspected of stealing.

Once the feline reached Korius, he'd place his new equipment on the ground, and slowly slid into his vest. “A four hundred year old castle,” He'd ask with an excited tone. But that quickly went away after hearing that it had failed in only a short amount of time. His face that was once a beaming smile, now held a frown. “Twenty years? Was... that the time it took to build the thing? Because from the sounds of it... there isn't much of anything else of interest that could be left if it was ransacked by a dragon. Now if there were traps... then I'd probably be a lot more happier about this than I am right now..”

He'd then crouch down and pick up his new set of lock smith tools, and strap them to his belt. The new grapple hook, was left now slung over his neck, and under his arm.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 01:41:05 AM by tangletail »
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2014, 01:35:04 AM »
Kiana took the quiver full of arrows from the blacksmith when he handed them to her. "Thanks." She said quietly as she slung the over her head and shoulder to rest with her original one on her back. When he mentioned that they would be surprised about what the arrow tips were made of and then he proceeded to stop Karina from saying it when she noticed what it was, it made Kiana a little curious. She glanced around the shop as the others looked but nothing in there meant a thing to her. She made one last sweep of the place with her eyes after Korius walked out just in case she missed something, then turned and headed out. Korius and Karina were up ahead of her walking towards the gate. As she walked, she pulled one of the new arrows out of the new quiver and looked at the tip of it. She was still examining the arrow when she arrived at the gate shortly after Korius and Karina, and still doing so when Leo showed up with his new wares. A second later though, she put the arrow back in the quiver with the thought, "They'll do." At least the feathers were red. She would have to make the wood of the arrows red-tinted somehow at a later point though.

After the others arrived and Korius explained where they were headed, she looked at Karina and then Leo as they responded to what Korius had said as the group followed Korius as he started walking. The only thing she cared about, about where they were going was the fact that there was a dragon. She didn't care about the terrain or the age of the castle or anything like that. There were more important things to think about; the dragon being one of them.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2014, 07:34:58 AM »
"Thank you sir!" Helios beamed as Karina's father as he bowed as if habit. It'd been years since he'd held a whet stone in his hand. he looped the pouch around his pant belt loop. He looked over the shop one last time before leaving to keep close to Leo.He took a seat next to Leo humming a happy high, low, high, pattern as he pulled out his new whet stone and propped his sword in his hand. Resting on a nearby stump he pulled out the pristine, ivory, stone. He smiled at the rough and yet some how oddly smooth to him feeling, he felt as he ran his paw over it. He could feel the memories of his time spent with Luna flooding back to him as if opening a door left shut for ages. Helios remembered the last time the two of them had sharpened blades together. He and Luna, would listen to the soft rhythm of the whet stones brushing with the grain looking up from time to time to smile at each other. As Helios set about brushing his blade in present time he couldn't help, but let a few tears escape as he remembered the Kitsune he'd love. He looked up from his blade beginning to grow impatient with waiting for the rest of the group members.

"Our first real target is up next. There's an old, 400-year-old castle about 10 leagues to the northeast along the coast. It was once a young kingdom of only 20 years before a dragon had claimed it for itself. It's one of the few coastal territories I haven't been able to explore over the years." Korius spoke when the whole party had arrived.

Helios perked up at the mention of a coastal area. He loved the smell of the sea salt, the warm breezes, and clear skies. "Now this is an adventure I can really get behind." Helios kept close to Leo, dropping discrete looks to the two new members watching them. The whole group knew the Kitsune, Keio, was a thief, but Helios had become curious about her red panda mate, Anoi. What was she? Helios wouldn't question Korius about his choices he was a fur of experience, but what did he see that Helios did not.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:42:47 PM by ShiroTenshiRyu »
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline EllieDragon

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Panda
  • Coloring: Red with white and black markings
  • Height: 4'5''
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Chubby Hourglass
« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2014, 04:30:50 PM »
Anoi was pleased to hear that she would have time to run home and get some of her possessions.  Moving over to Keio before she asked the blacksmith she whispered. "I will meet you at the gate, behave yourself love."  She then set off toward her home, staff tapping along the ground and the blue gem on its top glowing softly to light the way. 

When she had arrived at her home she went to work gathering what she felt Keio and herself would need.  Two back packs, clothes for both, her spell component pouch, spell book, a good deal of her life savings, and some dried food for the journey.  The Red Panda kin stood in front of the hearth of her home for a few more moments, thinking about anything else she might want to take with her.  She felt a tug at the link between herself and the spirit.  She looked over to her left and saw a small pearl floating in the air beside her. "Ah... Yes.. Thank you for reminding me."  Anoi plucked the pearl from the air and slipped it into her pocket. 

The pearl was normal, at least as much as Anoi could tell.  But she had been hoping to try her hands at imbuing it with a spell to turn it into a receptacle for magical energy.  A good project for those times on the road when there was nothing else to do.  Anoi looked around the small home and smiled.  It always felt way to cramped for her and this journey will give her a chance to escape for a while, if not forever.  Slipping outside she turned and looked the door before heading off to the gate.  She arrived just in time to hear the wolf describe what they were about to do and her eyes went wide. "A.. A dragon?"  She muttered quietly as she stepped up beside Keio, cold again already.

Offline Rosanna Foxfire

• Vibrating Furby
  • Stuuuuuuuuuufffff!
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune
  • Coloring: Reddish Blonde
  • Height: 4'9"
  • Weight: 85lbs
  • Build: Wide hips, narrow waist and shoulders, long legs
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2014, 04:47:22 PM »
Keio slipped away after Anoi had said her farewell, the Foxkin wandering the streets of the villiage aimlessly, thumbs stuck inbetween her belt and her waist while she only half-heartedly glanced around at what few other pedestrians that were on the street at this hour.  None would've had much worth taking, which made it a perfect chance to just think and flow.

Her entire life had been filled with people like One-Arm-  People who thought they knew what was best for her.  How she should act, what she should do.  She slumped her shoulders some, hunching forward and paying more attention to her paws than her surroundings. She was never just left to be what she could be.  Her parents were the same way.  Everything her family had ever rightfully earned had been taken away by those who felt themselves better.  Money, prestige, happiness.

She hated people like that.

Without even trying, she bumped into someone on the street, looking up quickly and muttering an apology, even as her hand finished dipping into the purse at their side, coming away with a single silver coin of many.  She dropped it into her own coinpurse as she started to make her way to the gate.

And so it was that she arrived just in time to hear the explanation of their current task.  "Wait.  You want to do what in a dragon's lair?"
  • Avatar by: graphiteforlunch Deviantart
  • Signature art by: None

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2014, 01:24:15 AM »
Korius turned to lead the group on despite the two women's seemingly potential disagreements, "It's just a regular dragon den. Don't get your sanitation cloths wound up. It's not like we're going to Mt. Lariattis, the Great Desert Ruins or anywhere else the Grand Dragons nest." He then pointed at Leo before rebuking his scoff at the castle they were headed to, "The 2nd son of King Damascus asked for his inheritance and left to start his own kingdom since his elder brother was next in line for succession. They had many loyal servants, and had planned to make a good kingdom that may one day become the support of his brother's own. Sadly, however, after the 19 years of construction of the castle, the transportation of his treasure had attracted the eyes of a few dragons. Before they were able to finish building 1/2 of the city in the next year, the dragons came down to claim the treasure for their own, having killed the young prince and almost all the workers. According to the records, only several servants managed to escape." Korius wasn't too happy with taking these greenbacks to even a normal den, but it was the closest destination that he had not gone through over the last 30 years. The continent is infinitely larger than any past adventurer's will to ever conquer. Because of that, there has barely ever been any wars over the several millenia of history.

It was a two day journey to their destination. During that time, Korius had the two thieves talk to each other to get a feel for each other's strengths and specialties. From his own experiences with thieves, he could tell that Leo was more the creeping and technical thief, while Keio was more of the sly and fast thief. Though it would take more than a mere 2 days, he figured the two of them could take from each other and grow in their professions. He also had Anoi spend time with Suzumi so that they might learn something. The two of them weren't far apart in experience and skill, but they had plenty of time between them in when they had been in the Academy. Korius himself oversaw Helios' practice and coached him through what he knew from plenty of knights that he once adventured with. He didn't want to even suggest the two archers since they sometimes seemed on edge with each other.