The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Life Stone  (Read 13094 times)

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
Re: Life Stone
« Reply #255 on: March 26, 2014, 02:31:03 AM »

Keep your tongue tied during the mornings and late nights. You might just live longer, Leo.

Leo's eyes slowly drifted away from the corpse up to Korius with a tint of annoyance to the comment. If he was right with his assumptions, he believed the man was calling him a weak annoyance. He was close to spitting out a rebuttal but he thought against it and turned back down to the pile of valuables he had found. He reached up to take the handful of coins, and slide them into a free pouch. He shook his head a bit, and plucked up each dagger, pulling it from it's scabbard to check the blade's quality, before re-sheathing it.

"There isn't much on him but a few coins," He turned the body over, his eyes checking for any identity tattoos that might list the man with a group. He slowly stood up with both daggers. His gaze still on the body, but a look of worry now replaced the feline's usual carefree expression.

"The only thing we could sell are the daggers, and they are worth holding onto right now."

The lynx-kin slowly turned around and offered Suzumi a smile after pushing back his previous worry. If he was allowed he would step forward and give her a big hug. "But! It's good to have you back, friend!" he'd chime only to step back after releasing the hug and gesturing her to follow him back to the town with the daggers. "Let's go find you a new casting gem!"

He'd stop and turn around to make sure she was coming, before offering her one of the daggers, "And here~ In case this happens again you have a back up option. Aim for the eyes, under the rib cage, or the throat and you should be fine."
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #256 on: March 26, 2014, 12:25:05 PM »
Suzumi grabbed Helios's hand as he helped her up, without hesitation she pulled out the shattered topaz's from her gloves a small burst of energy sparking from them as she took a deep breath and pulled off her gloves. The markings that were there still very visible and looking like they grew larger since the last time. "Leo lets get going before it gets late..." Grabbing the dagger and looking at it for a moment before hiding it in her cloak. Looking at him for a moment before whispering. "You need to force me to buy a ruby...Especially if I go for a topaz."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #257 on: March 26, 2014, 01:59:42 PM »
Karina put the bow and arrow away in their appropriate spots since she did not need them currently. "I'm already stocked up on food and my quiver is almost completely full. But I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to come with you." she spoke, then extended a hand with a few silver coins in it. "I still have some left over from my Hunt wallet, so maybe we can get you whatever gems you need, Suzumi. But, the next time we get a den like last time, I'll be sure to pick up some gold in case we need to get more items than just food and drink." she spoke to her with a smile, keeping the coins out to her to offer them to her.

Offline Solntse

• Avid Aardvark
  • just keep breathing
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red fur, white belly, black ear tips and streaks on muzzle, purple on legs to mid calf, and on arms to elbows, tail tip is also purple, green eyes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 120 pounds
  • Build: thin but healthy, fluffy tail, somewhat muscular, but not overly so
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #258 on: March 28, 2014, 12:02:36 AM »
As Sage trudged along she noticed a small group whose members, she didn't recognize. Wondering suddenly if this could be the group of travelers she had heard so much about she stopped and watched them curiously. She couldn't hear them from where she stood, but it appeared they were discussing something to do with money, as she saw on extend a few coins towards one of her companions. She guessed that they might be buying supplies but, again she had no sure way of knowing.
She was half tempted to approach the group, but, despite her overwhelming curiosity, she was also rather nervous, she didn't want them to get the wrong impression, and if he was wrong about this being the group she had heard so much about, well, that could be awkward.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #259 on: March 28, 2014, 01:45:40 AM »
Korius gave a small chuckle, "Something like that. Come. Let's wait for the others outside of town. This bustle is just not my environment. The only crowds I like are at coliseums." He headed for the gate, looking up at the sky. His practice that morning was to continue his progression to get stronger, not just the pains of his past and in his heart. Korius is continually seeking more strength, and being a berserker that lives longer even the average Kin, there was a longing in his eyes. "I still need more strength..." He didn't intend for that to come out, but it ended up coming out in a bit of a mumble.

Helios smiled as Karina agreed to go with him, and waited until she was done talking with Suzumi. When she came back to him, he walked back into town with her and started looking for some food for himself. The relentless running from the other day really made him hungry. He looked for some meats and some other foods that he wanted that was within his budget. After getting himself some food, he looked over at Karina, "You ready to go? I'm sure Korius is probably already waiting for us since we even came back into town."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2014, 02:02:15 AM »
Kiana raised an eyebrow when Korius responded with 'something like that', but didn't question further. She agreed with a nod and walked along with him towards the town gate. When she heard Korius mumble about needing more strength, she glanced sideways at him from under her hood. She let out something that was a combination between a scoff and a chuckle. "You're plenty strong." She said plainly as her eyes looked forward again. "If anyone needs to gain some strength, it's the rest of the group. Myself included, unfortunately." She frowned for an instant then straightened her expression, though it would be hard to see unless looking at her straight on anyway.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2014, 02:33:58 AM »
Leo seemed almost disappointed when his hug had went empty. But the sudden change of emotions only lasted for half a second as he turned his gaze down to the extra dagger he held. He rolled it in the light, giving it a good look over and gauging his options with it. It was definitely much smaller than his current set of daggers, but the blade was also wider and slightly thicker. It could easily be utilized as a utility more than a blade, and it would definitely be much easier to control in the unlikely situation of him slicing someone’s throat without being noticed.

His lips pursed for a moment before he finally attached it to his chest’s left pectorial strap. He figured it would be much easier to access in this position if he was in trouble, and the design of the scabbard made it harder for anyone else to just easily grab hold of it and pull it loose.

His gaze turned to Suzumi when she felt him get a little closer and whisper in his ear. He had even raised a brow curiously to her, wondering exactly what the reason was. But he felt that she knew what was best for her… even as odd as it was that the gems in her current gloves were Topaz and not rubies. “Erm…” Leo began, looking down to Suzumi with a confused expression before turning back to face Karina. “I think we are good…” he’d say in a distant tone, his eyes turning back to Suzumi with apparent concern.

His tone quickly changed once more, as he turned around and made way to town. “Besides,” he’d chime with a hand flicking into the air, “a coin is not hard for me to come by.” On his way out of the forest, his eyes would give the newcomer a scrutinizing glance. The kind of look when someone is searching for a reason to consider you a possible threat. Or maybe he was just studying him from the slight flick of the eye in the direction of his equipment.

“So… Suzumi… is there a particular sized ruby and properties you need? This topic is a little… alien to me,” Leo would admit, though his ears flattening out in disappointment. He had always taken a bit of pride in uncanny knowledge, but lacking it when it was needed was simply a kick to the groin. “And… what were they planning on doing to you? It must have been bad... you were more cheery than you are now.”
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2014, 12:00:43 PM »
Suzumi started to look more relaxed as her eyes looked at the cracked and broken gems on her gloves. "I am a peculiar mage, most other mages have a dominate energy type and from that they choose a gem that is aligned with that energy to cast elemental types of magic." She looked up at the sky and then at Leo and Karina "As you probably noticed I dont dress of fight like a normal mage, I dont have a staff to bear the brunt of the energy I weave. My energy is a dual type I will never excel in mastering great spells in one area..I will never be able to conjure a tornado or a wall of fire but I can wield two types of magic. I have never had two different gems but using just the topaz isn't good for me." She pulled away her gloves the burn marks visible on her scales. "The price for not using a staff."

She smiled softly "A star ruby and topaz will be the easiest to use, they should be about an inch long oval shaped. I can attune them to myself easily enough on the move." Starting to walk towards the market she didnt speak much but Leo's question did make her uneasy. There are many misconceptions about mages... one being that most female mages to vow not to corrupt their purity...That isnt particularly true but for a mageling as young as me there is truth to that. Those bandits wanted to... have some fun."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2014, 05:19:51 PM »
Karina walked with them, keeping her money to help pay for supplies and the gems that Suzumi would need, but definitely keeping her eyes peeled since she realized she 'displayed' her money out in the open and she remembered hearing about bandits. She caught sight of a Pronghorn kin in Clerical clothing. "Yeah, let's get those gems and head on back to meet Korius. We don't want to be left behind." she spoke as she was trying to guide them back to a gemstone merchant that she remembered seeing in the town. Hearing Suzumi's story about their attempt to violate her made her growl under her breath, her blue eyes turning red, taking off her bow to feel along the blades' edges in a light stroke as if she were petting it. "Those guys make me want to test out the new temper my father gave my bow."

Offline Solntse

• Avid Aardvark
  • just keep breathing
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red fur, white belly, black ear tips and streaks on muzzle, purple on legs to mid calf, and on arms to elbows, tail tip is also purple, green eyes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 120 pounds
  • Build: thin but healthy, fluffy tail, somewhat muscular, but not overly so
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #264 on: March 31, 2014, 12:23:07 AM »
Sage blinked slowly watching as the group moved towards a gem salesman, and a very expensive one at that. Casually she moved towards the group, figuring she could use this an excuse to learn more about the group. Hoping she didn't seem threatening in any way, Sage casually waved at them in greeting, "You might want to try somewhere else if you're looking for gems" she said waving her hand towards the salesman "This one charges ridiculous prices, and the gems aren't of very high quality."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #265 on: March 31, 2014, 02:29:30 AM »
Korius chuckled and placed a large paw on Kiana's head, "There's never a 'Strong Enough'. True warriors are always seeking more strength, and you and the rest of the group are just starting out. You all have a long way to go, no different than I, who has been around for over 40 years." He tried to keep the emotions he started feeling to be that of a mentor. He waited outside with Kiana, hoping the others weren't going to take too long. Surprisingly, he saw Helios walking slowly towards them with a moping look on his face.

Helios was a bit upset that he was being ignored, and even more so that the others decided to go together with Suzumi, leaving him by himself. He felt a little down and decided to leave them to head towards the town gate. When he caught up with Korius and Kiana, he sighed as he made sure to double-check his supplies while he waited.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #266 on: March 31, 2014, 03:05:58 AM »
Kiana angled her eyes upwards when Korius placed his paw on top of her head, even though her hood was between his hand and her head. Her focus only remained upwards for a couple seconds then moved in the direction of Korius and not just his hand. She did agree with him, of course. She knew she would never feel like she was strong enough no matter what she did. Not exactly liking the feeling of being small and childlike that his hand on her head gave her, she was glad when he removed it after he was done speaking. She would probably have said something else right after but she saw Helios slowly approaching them, looking depressed. When he reached her and Korius, he didn't speak so she didn't speak either, thinking he didn't want to talk about what was bothering him. Needing something to do, Kiana pulled her bow off of herself then lowered her hood. She looked over her bow to make sure it was undamaged even though she knew it was fine already and pulled the string all the way back a few times to exercise her arm and be sure the tension was right. This was all done while looking very focused about what she was doing.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: March 31, 2014, 04:22:42 AM »
Leo’s face remained solid, that small smile remained even after Suzumi stated what they had planned on doing to her before she escaped. In fact, the thief seemed completely unmoved by the statement. Though secretly he did feel some sort of pity for the girl, he knew better than to openly express it when a good lot of them tends to get offended. Or was it because he simply lacked any real social skills? Or maybe, and most likely, well the true reason, he as a thief - had learned how to detach himself from compassion.

"Those guys make me want to test out the new temper my father gave my bow."

Leo’s eyes did soften a bit as he already dared not to look back to see what he may find Karina doing behind himself. But eventually, he did cave and spared a glance to the side only to see the woman devilishly petting her weapon in some sort of sick fantasy.

“Good lord, woman…” Leo grunted in a low note. His face held grimace, his teeth exposed in a cringing way. “I don’t know what’s worse. You and your desire to castrate anyone who as so much offers you a compliment on your looks, or the female sergals in my home land.” Leo stopped in his tracks after bringing up some self-induced unfathomed images, and shivered violently.
He remembered all too well their influence over the land. The reasons why a good portion of males tended to avoid doing as they pleased here, why their preferences were often the way they were. And for him to compare her to that… it just seemed unfair. “Statement redacted,” Leo sighed now placing his face in his palms. He groaned heavily in distaste into his paws before shaking his head. It almost sounded like a horrified sob. Even his ears were laid flat onto his skull. His voice was cracked a bit as horrible memories filled his head when he was a kit. “They are FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR worse still. FAR WORSE. You would look like a kitten with a tooth pick to them.”
Eventually, after his melt down, he’d straighten up in time to catch wind of another voice, and turned around to see where the friendly bit of advice came from. His gaze then would turn back to the vendor, and smiled, offering her a wave of the hand. “Thanks, dear~. But we are running a bit strapped on time.”  His gaze then turned back to the cleric, his eyes still having the same effect on her as before. Yes, he easily recognized her from that small glance. But now there was something else behind it. Confusion, or distrust. After all this cleric had followed them. And naturally for a thief clerics and paladins were something they had to be weary of.

He then gestures to the shop with a thumb, “ So unless you can point way to a closer one. Then this one will have to do.”
The truth was that the feline did not exactly plan on paying in the first place. Though stealing a gem in broad daylight while everything was bustling around was simply a no no. With a minor set back it just meant that the feline would need to get creative.

His gaze then turned back to Suzumi, “Unless…. Quality does effect your spells?”
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 04:28:46 AM by tangletail »
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: March 31, 2014, 11:59:18 AM »
"Those guys make me want to test out the new temper my father gave my bow."
Suzumi couldnt help but giggle at that statement as she looked back at Karina petting her bow, [/color]"I hear you,I would have done the same but I wasnt skilled enough to cast spells without a gem focus...Whoever thier leader was he was smart enough to recognize me as a mage." Suzumi continued to walk and simply listen to the exchange between Leo and Karina.

Once they reached the stall Suzumi went about looking at each of the gems, brushing her fingertips over the colors she had already chosen in her mind. She turned back and glanced at the cleric that stood close by warning them about the price of the gems, Suzumi's eyes wernt suspicious as Leo's more curious. She had never dealt with a cleric before mages and clerics generally never crossed paths after all they did disagree where their magics come from."Thank you for the warning but as my friend here said time isn't on our side." Her gaze turned back to Leo "Fundamentally yes, but since I cant cast higher level spells feedback isn't a problem and I should be able to compensate for any impurities in the gem itself."

Picking up a star ruby aswell as a Star topaz she nodded and looked at them in the sun. "These will do...If we ever pass by a mages collage I can get them replaced but for my needs these will do well. Unless...Out cleric friend here knows of another gem vendor."
[/color]

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: March 31, 2014, 02:58:12 PM »
The blue-haired fox kin looked to Suzumi as her red-irised eyes reverted back to their blue color, getting her to smile made her smile a bit before she put the bow away, but giving Leo a bit of a glare when he quipped about her mention of using her bow. "Sorry that I believe a woman should be given the strength to defend herself and that a man should not use his strength to cause harm to a woman or a child." she spoke with a near growl, but her attention went to the cleric for a moment, then to Helios as he parted to the others in the group. "...Oi, let's get going before something else happens."