The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Unlikeliest of Places (OOC-Closed)  (Read 2847 times)

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
The Unlikeliest of Places (OOC-Closed)
« on: January 06, 2014, 02:43:44 AM »
Erthos is a land torn. Many different factions fight for power. An unknown peasant seeks to learn the truth of his family. Another seeks to wash clean the stain on his family’s name. A girl dreams of becoming more than just a wife to a lord. A noble seeks justice for the death of his family. In Erthos anyone can become anything. Your past is what has happened, but your future is what you choose to do.
The world of Erthos is vast and varied. To the east is a vast ocean, no one has ever crossed. To the west a large desert heavily populated by small towns surrounding oasis. To the south are expansive and technologically advance cities and centers of learning. To the north is tundra and Wilder territory. Most of these areas are owned by lords, but only in the minds of the lords. Few land are actual owned and fewer still are controlled by any other then the High King and his select group of Barons who each own a section of the world.
In a world run by the darker side of society and a corrupt monarchy unlikely souls are about to embark on a journey that could very well end in the freedom of Erthos… or its destruction.
Classes:
Ranger: Long rang experts who usually specialize in bows, rifles, or cross bows. They believe in never allowing the enemy to get close.
Thieves: Stealth experts who prefer to end their enemies with a dagger to the back or through finesse rather than brute strength.
Barbarians: Often Wilders, but come from other groups as well. They are more instinctive than fighters, and are more intimidating on the field.
Fighters: Fighters are more trained than Barbarians. This often leads to a more disciplined style and they often serve as group leaders.
Wizards: Wizards are self taught in the art of magic. They often choose two or three affinities and learn to master these affinities.
Sorcerers: Sorcerers are in born with the natural Talents of Magic. They are able to juggle most all types of magic, but few specialize in more than type of magic often using their versatility to supplement the weaknesses of their preferred magic.
Sample Application: This is mine
Character Application: 
Name: Helios Scopes
Height: 6’
Species: Lynx
Weapon: Long Sword and Dagger
Elemental Affinity: Water (Healing)

Magical Affinity: N/A
Class: Thief
Description: Helios is tall, but lanky preferring quick movements and finesse to head on combat. He has normal coloration for a Lynx-kin, but having been born during a Solar Eclipse he was marked on his chest with sun symbol. His hair is light teal and his eyes a golden orange. He wears an open black hoodie, a typical pair of blue jeans, and a pair of black combat boots. His long sword is snow white and generally strapped to his back. His dagger is a curved pitch black blade meant for disarming.

Short Biography: Helios was born to a well off, but hated family. Helios wasn’t like his family though. Helios always strove to protect the weak and the poor. When he turned eighteen he ran away from home when he learned the truth. His family ran one of the largest Crime Gangs on Ethros. It is now his personal mission to tear his family’s business down. But first he’d need help…
Character Application: 
Name:
Species:
Weapon: (Within reason.)
Elemental Affinity: (These can apply to any none magic based class. Same choices as magic affinity except these serve as fonts of strength or healing. Example: Someone with a water affinity might be able to speed the healing process by diving into a river, or a person with affinity to fire might grow stronger as the get closer to a large fire ect...)
Magical Affinity: (Fire, Lightning, Earth, Wind, Water/Ice, Healing, Other (If you have something else in mind PM me,) None)
Class: (Thief, Barbarian, Wizard, Sorcerer, Fighter, or Ranger. Descriptions below.) (This serves as a guide to get you started. As we progress you can deviate a bit within reason.)
Description: (There are elements of both Fantasy and Steampunk in this world so feel free to get creative, within reason of course.)

Short Biography:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:04:47 PM by ShiroTenshiRyu »
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Unlikeliest of Places (OOC-Open)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 03:13:05 AM »
Seems interesting.

Name: Soria Xing
Height: 5'1"
Species: Black Cat
Weapon: 12" Oak Wand and a 4' Magic Staff
Magical Affinity: Fire, Lightning, Earth and Water.
Class: Sorceress
Description: Short and thin. Looks very frail, but far from. Like many of her species, she has no hair on her head, and her natural face accentuates her female beauty. She has deep, bright, jade eyes. She wears a traditional female magic-user robe from her clan, bearing the 7-point star that is the crest of the ruling house. Looks something like this without the head-pieces --->
Short Bio: Soria has always been picked on for being small stature. However, she always made up for it with her mind. As she was learning magic, she tried her best to use as many magical elements as possible. However, due to the stress it placed on her mind, even though she was able to "master" 4 elements, she was never able to really take each to an extremely high level. But her brain triumphs through this barrier by her ability to mix the elements together to create stronger spells that very few in history could ever achieve. Soria's ambition is to be the most powerful, and her clan's ruling family in which she serves was her stepping stone to get to that goal.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 03:22:26 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Tayy

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Luna
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune
  • Coloring: White and Crimson
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 108 lbs
  • Currently: Foxy-foxying
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 03:16:08 AM »
Meeeeeep, I'm here.<3

Character Application:
  Name:  Luna Scopes
Height:  5'2"
Species:  Kitsune (Three-tailed)
Weapon: Dual daggers, recurve bow
Elemental Affinity: Night/Moon (Strength)
Magical Affinity: N/A
Class: Thief
Description:  Luna is a white kitsune with three tails. Red markings cover her legs up to mid-thigh, arms to elbow, and underbelly. A red strip is on the bridge of her nose and crescent moon shapes on her shoulders and hips.  She's slim with curves where they count and stubborn as an ox. Typically in the garb of a black cami, grey-olive cutoff shorts with a belt simply slung across, black combat boots and black fingerless gloves, she prefers ease of movement over concealment. When wanted or needed, she wears a tan cloak. Her bow typically sits slung on her back, a beautiful light colored wood with red accents, and her dual daggers sit hidden on her hips. She's quiet, tactical, and very deadly despite her outward projection. 
Short Biography: Unbeknownst of where she comes from, all Luna remembers of her kit days is growing up in a wild tribe. She was told she was born on a full moon, hence her affinity with the night and Nyx. She was taught the ways of life and how to be on her own without dying. She was a shy femme when she was little until too many fights pushed her to who she is today. She wishes to find out her heritage and why her family left her to die on a cold night.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 03:17:45 AM by Tayy »

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 03:39:06 AM »
So I'm going to do like Shinzuu and start every rotation with myself. After that everyone can post in any order but only once per rotation.

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 02:07:16 AM »
I feel like we may need to establish an order because It's confusing me even who's turn it is. (Mostly cause I posted wrong because I was tired one night.) Anyway starting with my most recent post it'll be Me, Shinzuu, then Luna I apologize for any confusion or if this has in anyway kept the RP from moving forward.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 02:09:28 AM »
I think you were the only one confused. It's not hard to identify who's posted since there's only 3 of us. You just check the pictures next to the posts and there you go.

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 02:12:35 AM »
>< Yeah pretty much

Post Merge: January 08, 2014, 04:26:47 AM
Sorry i rarely double post but we will be having someone apply so please hold off on engaging the fur I mentioned until i get his application Please and Thank you <3
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:26:47 AM by ShiroTenshiRyu, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Delete me

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 07:30:09 AM »
Hello all!  Thought I should give this role playing thing a shot, so here's my best try at a realistic character.  (Biography is a bit long sorry.)

Biography: My mother past away before I was too young to remember her, and my father was a drunkard who never payed any attention to me.  I was occasionally cared for my grandmother, although I never grew very fond of her, and preferred to mostly keep to myself.  Being mostly on my own I had much free time and when I was old enough my grandmother gave me an old bow which she said was a precious family item passed down from generation to generation.   I quickly became obsessed with the idea of archery and I found I had quite a knack for shooting targets.  The bow also had strange magic properties and had an uncanny ability to hit a target even at ranges upwards of 300 yards. 

One day I realized that my grandmother passed away and I had to get a job.  I never really had any deep feelings for my grandmother but looking back on those days I find that she was an extremely wise woman and a main part of the reason I am the fox I am today.   Due to her sudden passing I found that the world was an extremely harsh place, and that keeping myself fed was not always very easy.  Because of this I decided that I should try to find a job.  Luckily I knew another family of rabbits who owned a bakery.  They were kind enough to feed me any left over bakery items, or old spoiled food that they would no longer sell, in exchange for, of course , massive labor that usually lasted 10-14 hours a day.  My main diet was muffins and he occasional loaf of stale bread, hence my nickname, Muffinz.

By the time I was of the age to set off on my own, I had saved up enough money to afford a set of light armor and a pair of curved daggers that I had kept an eye on ever since the age of 13.  As soon as I had the chance I bought these items, and hastily set out on an adventure for fortune, adventure, and fame.  Little did I know that these were the 3 things in the realm of Erthos that were not wise to seek.

Character application: Long range capabilities, stealthy reconnaissance, and I can bake some impressive muffins.
Name: Muffinz (This name doesn't seem incredibly serious, but it seems the most real to me so I hope that this is ok) (edit: this is a nickname I got as a young child because I primarily worked at the bakery and would eat mostly old stale muffins for nutrition)
Height: 5 , 2
Species: Fox/Mouse
Weapon: Long bow made from ancient wood passed down from generations, curved sharp daggers rest upon my back for close encounters.
Elemental affinity: Fire (makes stronger)
Magical affinity: (not yet acquired)
Class: Ranger
Description: I am a short, fast, and incredibly clever fox with soft golden fur and brown patchy hair (yep, it's my fursona) I wear light armor made mostly from leather, and a pair of incredibly silent boots that are excellent for sneaking around.

Personality: (this wasn't required but I thought that it was something that might help people indenting with me)
Although I am eager I am very un confident, and in some ways distant and withdrawn.  Throughout the night I can be seen staring wistfully out towards the stars forever wishing that I could truly belong to any one society.

Ok, well that's about it!  Excited to see how this turns out. 
Good luck all!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 05:32:14 PM by Muffinz the Fox »

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 06:02:47 PM »
Approved! Feel free to resume posting y'all

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
  • Wolf 7133 or Shadis, take your pick
    • Awards
  • Species: Umbral Wolf
  • Coloring: Black fur with dark purple runes on my body and face
  • Height: Six Feet, three Inches
  • Weight: 200 Ibs.
  • Build: Strong, but not muscular
  • Currently: I'm beautiful!!!!! :'D
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 04:01:08 PM »
'Ello, I'd like to join your Role Play. I generally use a shadowy mage type character, but considering our group has a surplus of rouges and one mage, I think we will need a warrior to even it out a little. I do have a knight character I use on occasion, with a twist. He is familiar with one school of magic, that is different from most magic. If this character is acceptable, I will happily use him. Please feel free to let me know if a magical warrior is allowed.

Character Applications: Adept at paw to paw combat. Mainly trained in using a long sword and a dagger, but has basic training in most forms of melee combat and archery. High damage threshold combined with enchanted armor means he can soak up a lot of damage, so others don't have to. Knows Nordic rune magic, called Sed.

Name: Zackary Vann (Pernounced Vaunn)

Height: 6 feet 3 inches

Species: Arctic Wolf

Weapon(s): Long sword with embellished, wolf-themed handle. Slightly curved Wolf-themed dagger. Rune Magic. And of course, teeth

Elemental Affinity: Anything Astral at night. Examples: Stars, the Moon, The Northern Lights, etc. He will burn with a faint, green flame that enhances his Rune Magic and stamina. Does not work on cloudy nights, however.

Class: Magically enhanced Warrior

Description: Zackary Vann is a completely white arctic wolf with a not overly bulky build, but still rather strong. Randomly adorning his white fur are streaks of shiny, silvery fur that he was naturally born with. According to the priests, it is a sign of being a natural, skilled magic user, though he was never trained in traditional magic, so his gift is largely unused. He wears shiny, white armor that was created specially for him, so it fits him well. The armor is adorned with various runes, some of which are activated, which gives his armor various enchantments, most of which do little more than keep it in good condition. On his head sits a thin circlet/ crown made of silver with some blue gems adoring it. The crown does little more than decorate him, having no meaning whatsoever other than a memento from a previous quest. He also wears a large fur cape that can cover his entire body if need be, as he spends much time in the snow, and armor gets very cold. Included is a picture of what Zack sort of looks like.

Biography: Zack, as he usually prefers being called, once belonged to an order of white knights based in the north. He was abandoned there by his family when it was discovered he was destined to be a master of magic, magic being hated in that region. He was raised up to be a knight, developing his combat skills. Eventually, he was sent north on a scouting campaign to investigate rumors of pagan magic users. His group was ambushed by Trolls and Zack was the only survivor. The Nordic tribals he was sent to investigate found him and nursed him back to health. He then discovered they were indeed magic users. However, instead of reporting back, he stayed, being naturally inclined toward magic as he was, plus he was believed to be dead by his fellow knights. Eventually, he learned Sed, the ancient Nordic Rune magic. According to these Nordic peoples, the Cosmos, the Northern Lights especially, were full of magic reserves that, if one spent enough time meditating on, could be drawn into one's self on command. Doing so had little effect, save for some extra energy (Hence Zack's Elemental Affinity of the Cosmos) but it could be used in a useful way if directed. the method of this direction is runes drawn or carved onto a surface. Then, the cosmic energy must be transferred, generally through physical touch, into the rune, which would refine the energy into something. For example, if Zack puts the cosmic energy into a rune that says "fire," then the rune will burst into flame. If a rune says "crumble" and is on a wall, then it will crumble that wall once powered. Zack, now armed with this magic, wandered the world looking for adventure, as he is no longer considered a member of the white knights, being a magic user. He has a good moral character, and would happily lay down his life for the innocent. If offered a just adventure, he would gladly accept. He is essentially a "good" mercenary.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
Wolf 7133: Supernatural Division Leader

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 04:17:35 PM »
Cool Character love the amount of detail. I don't see any immediate issues with balance so you are approved to join the RP this rotation whether you encounter the group or not right away is your call.

On another note just to make sure it's clear posting order is Myself, Muffinz, Soria, Luna, and then Zack.

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 07:44:47 PM »
Thank you. Created this guy a while ago. I'll post when my turn comes up  :3

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 04:24:45 AM »
Hello, mind if I hop in? I see we're running a little low on muscle, maybe except for Zakk.
So, here's my character, I look forward to Rp-ing with you all!

Name: Maine Esten

Height:  5’ 10”

Species: Hare

Weapon: Dual swords (twin Dao) and a small double-edged karambit

Magical Affinity: Physical transmutation (the ability to transfer the properties of one object/being to another) 
Not particularly a strong talent. Mostly used on small remedial things, such as drying out fire wood, gathering water, transferring small amounts of energy etc. Given enough heat in a small area, can potentially bend metals. Has full control over the power.

Class: Fighter

Description: Maine is of average build, with dark blue fur, except for the white markings on her muzzle, tail, chest, and alchemical symbols in various places. Long, wild brown hair is kept in check with two hair-ties.
Quick and agile, Maine usually dresses lightly when it comes to armour, favouring tough leather arm guards and a light steel chest plate concealed under her clothing. She wears a purple tunic with gold trim, loose beige pants, and a light but study pair of dark leather boots. Her weapons hang at her hip, secured on a studded belt; Dao sheathed together on her left and karambit kept in a small pouch to her right. During travel she conceals most of what she carries, (aside from her pack) under a dark mid-length cloak.
With a keen sense for adventure, Maine is happy and warm, always willing to meet new people, but still restrains from close friendships, for fear of losing them.
Often keeps her magic to herself and rarely uses it in battle, preferring to keep it as a means of everyday survival.

Short Biography:  Maine grew up with her parents and older brother, travelling the known world as part of a nomadic tribe. Travelling through the desert one night, she and her friend Evan became separated from the group during a horrific sandstorm. Stranded and clueless on how to navigate the expansive sands, they wandered for days, Evan did not last long, and passed away. On her last legs, Maine discovered the entrance to an underground altar. Inside she found a huge gemstone holding a liquid, which she drank out of desperation. She found that the elixir had granted her a certain power over the earth’s forces, changing the colour of her fur and covering her body with symbols, She used her new found powers to escape the desert alive.
After months of waiting in a familiar city for her tribe to return, she was once again reunited with her family. But happiness was short lived; upon their arrival the tribe Elders banished her, for causing Evans ill fate. Maine has wandered and lived alone from the age of thirteen.

That's all for now, see you around! :)

• Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 06:31:53 AM »
Pop in after Zack this rotation and we can start our journey north to cut off Girthyx's supply chain :D

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 06:33:01 AM »
Excellent :3 Also, here is the picture of Zack I forgot to include

[attachment deleted by admin]