The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Unlikeliest of Places  (Read 4213 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Unlikeliest of Places
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 02:16:42 AM »
Soria sighed, "So it's that bastard, huh?" Inwardly, she smiled even more as killing Grithyx would bring her prestige to god-like proportions. It would no doubt gain her recognition into the 10 Magical Pillars, the most recognized magic users in the world. She then looked around at the other two, realizing she had just daydreamed for a minute, "Are we just going to sleep in the streets tonight or are we going to find an inn?"

Offline Tayy

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Luna
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune
  • Coloring: White and Crimson
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 108 lbs
  • Currently: Foxy-foxying
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 03:16:22 AM »
"We should probably just stay out here," Luna looked up to the sky, gauging time. "It might be a bad idea to hit an inn. We haven't had much luck in the past with them." She chuckled and looked around. Under the moonlight, she could see a forest ahead. It seemed fairly dense, but there was no doubt a clearing somewhere. She made this aware to the two beside her and left the decision to Helios as she began wandering to look at puddles where the moon's silver blood rippled throughout, basking in its beauty happily.

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 04:22:14 AM »
Helios sighed heavily and simply wandered into the forest until he finally found a clearing. He proceeded to throw himself on the ground. He’d spent weeks trying to figure out a way to get help and after all this a measly one fur had joined him. No matter he was too tired to think on it and let sleep over come him as he felt Luna lay beside him.
In the morning he stretched out loudly before gearing up. He sat propped against a log waiting for the girls to wake up. As he sat a whet stone in one hand his long sword in the other he contemplated his course of action. We could head straight to battle Grithyx, sure but are we really ready? As Helios sat thinking on it he noticed a strange fur lurking just beyond his camp site, an enemy perhaps, an ally less likely. Whoever it was he didn’t care. Whether the fur would act, or Luna or Soria would grow tired of it he didn’t really care he’d let them handle it. A few hares scampered across the opening where they were staying and Helios easily eliminated them with a few of his throwing knives. Breakfast is served. He smiled to himself.
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline Delete me

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 05:44:48 PM »
Sitting quietly behind a bush, Muffinz gazed towards the camp.  Assessing the situation.  He had been following them for a few days now, trying to see if they were worthy of trusting.  After several hours of indecision he finally decided that it was better to show himself, he needed to find a group after all. He called into the air loudly "Hello, I am coming out slowly nothing to be worried about".  He slowly got up from the bush in which he was hiding in, and held the bow over his head as a sign of peace.  Hopefully they will be accepting, he thought worriedly to himself.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 02:14:34 AM »
Soria followed Helios and Luna into the clearing, keeping her distance since it seemed like she was intruding on the couple, though she was pretty sure that they had just met back at the bar several days before. She found a spot elsewhere at the clearing and curled up by herself. Once she was comfortable, Soria slammed her wand into the ground and brought up a shell of solid earth around her. The cat slept into the next morning at peace, slowly waking up from the sight of sunlight coming from the little pin-sized hole she left in the side of the shell. She sat up and stretched with a yawn as the shell crumbled around her. Soria smacked her lips, still a bit groggy, and her ears twitching from the sound of a newcomer. It was the first night in several days that she's had a restful sleep so she wasn't exactly on the alert yet.

Offline Tayy

• Avid Aardvark
  • Luna
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 03:46:35 AM »
Luna groaned and rolled into a half-sitting position with the morning light. She had always hated sleeping on the ground as it made her body ache. With a screaming of her muscles, she forced herself to her knees and yawned. Upon hearing a new voice, she opened her eyes fully and stood as she unsheathed a dagger slowly. She watched  the unfamiliar fur come from behind a bush with his weapon raised over his head. She relaxed a bit, not many even did this sign of peace anymore intentionally, and he actually seemed genuine. The look of worry on his face told her he was no threat. She glanced at Helios as he turned his attention from the rabbits and looked back to the fur. She raised her dagger before quickly pulling it back into a defensive position.
"Hello, stranger. My name is Luna, and this is my husband, Helios. And she is our...new friend," she motioned toward Soria with a paw, unsure if she would approve of her name being thrown out. Luna didn't really care and knew Helios didn't, if there were any problems they could just kill the one causing them. She carefully watched the fox, calling out, "Who are you? Why were you hiding?"

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 05:15:27 AM »
“Luna, don’t bite the poor kids head off.” Helios said with a chuckle. “It would seem a night on the ground has left my wife in a most irritable mood. Come sit with me.” He started roasting the rabbits he’d caught giving the first to Luna. The next he gave to Soria, then finally one for himself. He left a final one for the new fur before diving into his food watching the furs every move. He looked the kid up and down and nodded in a small amount at the gear he was wearing. The leather was a beautiful black and seemed to be made for him. Seems he at least knows what it means to work for what you have. The daggers that were on his hips were beyond well made, hell they were damn near exquisite as was the bow on his back. Definitely family weapons you just don’t see them made that way. The kid certainly had some experience under his belt, but would it be what the kid needed. “Anyway do you have any idea what you are getting into kid? This isn’t pretend like you’d play at home.”

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Offline Delete me

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 08:50:25 PM »
     Muffinz enters the camp slowly, paying heed to the female in the corner.  "I am not your enemy no need to fear me."  He said slowly, trying not too alarm anybody.  "When confronted by the female he explains that showing oneself prematurely is a mistake that I have once made, and I wish to not repeat it."  He relaxes when the male announces it is all right.  Looking throughout the camp he notices that everyone is exceptionally well armed.  The female known as luna had daggers that rivaled even his own, and a bow that was equally imposing.  He was also very impressed with the magical powers that Soria used whenever seemingly possible.  It was obvious that they were a powerful bunch and would be worthy allies. 

Muffinz remained silent for several minutes until everyone had finished eating breakfast.  Grateful for the meal he thanked them.  When questioned about what he was getting into he replied simply.  "I have no where else to go, and I am looking for a group of furs that I can trust with my life.  The others seemed skeptical at first but he hoped that they would eventually learn to trust him.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 01:50:30 AM »
Soria yawned and stretched some before walking slowly over to get the rabbit from Helios, holstering her wand on her thigh and readjusting her staff behind her on the strap that was loosely fastened to her sash. The cat sat down by the fire and just nibbled away. Soria wasn't big on meat, but it was still a necessary nutrition in her daily diet. After she finished eating, she looked over to Helios, "So what's the plan, oh fearless leader? I hope you aren't thinking of jumping head first towards Grithyx. We're far from strong enough to take him down at this time. I have 4 elements of magic, but they each only go up to mid-level. My specialty is in mixing them together to get special-type spells. Grithyx is one of the 10 Magical Pillars. We're barely a match for him breaking wind."

Offline Tayy

• Avid Aardvark
  • Luna
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 10:57:53 PM »
(sorry for my late post, and sorry its going to be short. I've had a very busy two days >< )

"It's going to be a long journey there as it is," Luna threw in, sitting next to her husband. "Maybe, hopefully, we'll pick up some new recruits along the way as well." She looked down at her dagger, running a pad along its sharpness. She turned her attention back to the new fur. "Hey, we never got your name," she smiled.

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
  • Wolf 7133 or Shadis, take your pick
    • Awards
  • Species: Umbral Wolf
  • Coloring: Black fur with dark purple runes on my body and face
  • Height: Six Feet, three Inches
  • Weight: 200 Ibs.
  • Build: Strong, but not muscular
  • Currently: I'm beautiful!!!!! :'D
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 03:30:25 AM »
*Nearby, a white wolf with a large pelt cloak wrapped around him wandered. He had no where important to be, and was gradually making his way towards the nearby town in search of adventure. Little did he know, he was about to stumble upon the camp of some soon to be very important adventurers...*

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
Wolf 7133: Supernatural Division Leader

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 08:15:24 AM »
It was a new day, and still she was yet to find the company she sought. I never should have let him leave, Maine thought. But then she wondered whether it was her that had left.
It had been too long. She sighed.
There was no point in staying, she packed her things and entered the grizzly streets. Maine furled her cloak around her shoulders, as the air still held a chill to the skin. A few souls floated here and there, the morning was quiet; whispers only of mice. She purchased a small loaf of bread nearby, still steaming from the oven.
Approaching the gate, the dense forest sprawled beyond the field. She wandered past the entrance, greeting the guard as she went.

The forest would have been almost as silent, if it weren't for the chorus of birds. 
In the not-so-far distance, she spotted a tall white figure, looming between trees. She waved, reaching her hand up high.
Albeit, it's attention seemed to be directed elsewhere.
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 04:40:29 PM »
"What's with you and names?" Helios chuckled lightly at his wife's remarks. "Soria is right though. We are in no position to make straight for Grithyx. But I do know that to the north west there is a city about a fortnights travel from us. There we should find Rith and Treva, twin sisters how run the bulk of the supply chain for Grithyx. We'll need some supplies of our own, so Soria how about you and I head into town and Luna can stay with the new fur to see if he'll be able to hold his own?" Luna gave him a glare. She hated being away from him for long, though something told him she disliked the idea even more because Soria would be with him.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 05:07:05 PM »
Soria nodded, "I guess that should be okay. I still have a few supplies on me, but not enough for a fortnight's hike. Let's go." As she left with Helios, Soria looked back at Luna, who's been rude ever since they met, and smirked at her, mouthing the word "bitch". The cat felt no particular attraction to Helios since she was more into women, but it wasn't bad to throw it into the face of those with no respect. Soria was raised into a society of warriors who live by honor and respect, and those who don't have them normally deserve death, but this is at least a small time she could be a bit of a child she never got to be.

Offline Tayy

• Avid Aardvark
  • Luna
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 06:11:44 PM »
(You skipped Muffinz, Shinzuu)

Luna shook her head. A small fire lit inside her, after all this feline was the one who had followed them for so long without so much as properly introducing herself. Of course Luna would make sure she knew she had crossed them in the beginning. She had already tried to compliment this female, but obviously she was intent on fueling problems. Ah well, she mused, turning back to the new companion.

"As Helios said earlier, this isn't going to be easy." she met the furs eyes carefully. "I have a feeling you're wonderful with that bow, but that you're a bit  clumsy with the blades. Show me what you can do," she motioned to a thinner tree on the edge of the clearing. "We've got a while to train before we hit the big guy."