The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Unlikeliest of Places  (Read 4214 times)

Offline Delete me

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Re: The Unlikeliest of Places
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 08:50:49 PM »
(it's ok that you skipped, stuff happens  ^_^

Muffinz looks around the camp uncomfortably.  Upon the request of the his name, he blushed telling Luna, and Helios that he really didn't really have a name other than a nickname given to him a long time ago by the baker, "Muffinz".  The two laughed but didn't seem to really care about this ridiculous title. 

After Soria, and Helios left Muffinz began to train with Luna.  He easily hit the small tree near the edge of the clearing with his bow, but struggled to consistently hit the tree with his knives.   Muffinz turns to Luna and asks "Do you have any tips on how I can hone my skills?" 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:02:41 PM by Muffinz the Fox »

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
  • Wolf 7133 or Shadis, take your pick
    • Awards
  • Species: Umbral Wolf
  • Coloring: Black fur with dark purple runes on my body and face
  • Height: Six Feet, three Inches
  • Weight: 200 Ibs.
  • Build: Strong, but not muscular
  • Currently: I'm beautiful!!!!! :'D
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 11:35:50 PM »
*Zack eventually notices the not too distant figure waving at him, and waves back. He they approaches the figure, who turned out to be a blue-furred female hare. He greeted her warmly* "Hail, good lady. I am Sir Zackary Vann, or just Zack, if it is all the same to you. Never been one for the formality of being a knight, myself."

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
Wolf 7133: Supernatural Division Leader

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 10:04:49 AM »

The figure snapped his head in Maine's direction, and casually approached. It eventually became clearer; an arctic wolf with a thick draped around his shoulders. He seemed friendly enough, opening conversation. She felt he was an honest soul, and saw no reason to hide her own identity.

Maine held out a paw."We'll keep at Zack, eh?" She smiled. "And a knight, you say? 'Tis a pleasure meeting you! Although, I cannot say I have nearly as an impressive title, I am known as Maine the Wanderer. May I ask where you are headed? I wasn't sure I'd see anyone on the road this early."
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Natural fur coloration with teal hair and golden orange eyes
  • Height: 6 feet flat
  • Weight: 185 pounds
  • Build: Tall, and Lanky
  • Currently: I am Shiro Champion of the Elynx Four!
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 02:01:14 PM »
The trip in was fast. Helios wasn't one to waste time and he certainly didn't want to be away from Luna any longer then he had to be. Soria seemed helpful enough as the went from store to store buying bread, bed rolls, backpacks, a few canteens, and several medical kits. Helios not only payed, but often over paid the owners by close to ten gold in each shop. It wasn't much, but it was a start to make amends for the wrongs of his his family. "Anything you think we need before we leave?" Helios asked Soria.
  • Signature art by: Luna

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Expert Hugger, King of the Forums, and God of the Sun, Dead, and Sea!

This isn't going to my head I swear!

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2014, 01:33:48 AM »
Soria followed Helios back to town and refreshed what little supplies she actually needed. When Helios asked about additional supplies they might need, she thought for a moment before answering, "Well, I'm pretty sure we picked up another straggler, and my mind thinks we might pick up a few more. And even if we don't, it'd be good to pick up some emergency rations, just in case." With that, she left first, leaving Helios to decide how much to take. The cat didn't have much money on her and wasn't about to waste what little was left. That was for their "fearless leader" to do.

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 09:19:57 PM »
*Zack shakes Maine's paw firmly* "The pleasure is my, good lady. I am also a wanderer. A "good" mercenary, if you would. I was headed to the nearby town in hopes of finding adventure. Perhaps you are looking for adventure as well? The world is full of injustice, and not enough people to kick its arse- err... Defeat it, I mean."

Offline Tayy

• Avid Aardvark
  • Luna
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune
  • Coloring: White and Crimson
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 108 lbs
  • Currently: Foxy-foxying
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2014, 12:23:49 AM »
Luna half-smiled at Muffinz, satisfied that her thoughts were correct. How coincidental was it that he carried the same weapon combo as she? She uncrossed her arms and pulled out her daggers.
"Honestly, I like to hold one of mine in a reverse grip," she showed him in her left paw, as she was right-pawed. She bent at the knees ever so slightly and lifted her other dagger in a slightly slanted traditional grip. She began slashing at the same tree, leaving quick, deep gashes across the trunk. She stopped after a few seconds and turned to make sure he was watching. "Stay light on your feet, move quick, keep calm and controlled," she raised a brow and repeated the movements at a slow-motion rate.

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2014, 04:33:07 AM »

Maine shrugged and smiled, "Well, I've just come from the town, but I wouldn't mind doubling-back." She had nowhere of purpose to be,
"Besides, I could use the company, and I don't mind some action here or there." She chuckled, "I've always been handy with these two."
Maine pulled back her cloak, flashing the sheathed swords on her left.
"Shall we be off then?" She turned on her heels and faced the town once more.

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Helios
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2014, 06:57:31 PM »
Not one to waste time Helios quickly gathered a bit more supplies for his team then started to snoop around town. Most of the locals gave him scowls as he wandered about but it was no worry. The few people who didn't seem to instantly despise him were shady to say the least. He'd searched the town high and low before finally giving in with a heavy sigh. As he started back to the camp site he saw them. A large arctic wolf and a smaller blue hare. they seemed well equipped and both had a look of wanting. Helios approached the two at the gate to the town they were entering through. Thankfully enough Soria was there as well. Excuse me, sir, ma'am, if I could have but a moment of your time?" Helios gave a pleading look. These two could surely help them.

We don't ask for the life we are given, but we can ask ourselves to live it to the fullest.

I sometimes think as many as six impossible things before breakfast ~ Alice, Through the Looking Glass

If you think I put little effort into getting dressed, just see how little I'll need to put into kicking your ass ~ Trixsie Vixen

Offline Delete me

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2014, 09:59:54 PM »
Muffinz watches Luna intently.  She was very skilled with her dual daggers.  Although he didn't like holding the daggers in reverse grip at first after about 30 minutes of practice he started to get used to it.  He ran up to another tree, pulled out his daggers and began to practice.  Pushing himself too hard he slipped and dropped his dagger almost cutting his paw.  Luna laughed and looked away.  Muffinz tried not to be embarrassed but he definitely felt like a fool.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 12:37:32 AM »
Soria had merely ignored the two and was walking past when she heard Helios coming in and wanting to talk to them. His tone made her shake her head, sounding like he was extremely desperate to get anyone to join their party. "You go on with your little spiel, I'll be heading back to camp." The cat was still a good amount tired from the last several nights of not sleeping. Even when she was conserving her extra reserves of energy from just her natural species, she had spent everything, and was now still recovering. Soria hoped they wouldn't have too big of a fight coming up since she would only be at about 40%, 60% at best. Magic was a tough business, especially ones who are physically deficient like her.

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2014, 03:49:07 PM »
*Zack was about to accept Maine's proposal to enter town together when they were approached by a lynx* "Hail, sir Lynx. I have many moments, if you desire them, and my friend here seems to as well. I listen with open ears."

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2014, 02:42:34 AM »

Maine kept a small eye out for his companion as she skulked past, but she offered no trouble. She seemed too weary anyway.
She brought her attention back to the lynx.
"Indeed, and as do I." Maine again offered her paw to a stranger. "What name may we call you by, good sir? And what you want with us?"

Offline Tayy

• Avid Aardvark
  • Luna
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Kitsune
  • Coloring: White and Crimson
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 108 lbs
  • Currently: Foxy-foxying
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2014, 01:38:42 PM »
Luna smiled at Muffinz and stifled a giggle. She grabbed his paw gently and turned it over, making sure he wasn't cut anywhere. Upon her satisfactory inspection, she looked up at the sky. Narrowing her eyes, she sniffed and frowned. "A storm is coming soon," she told her companion. "Keep practicing, at least until it starts. You're getting better by the minute," she murmured.

Offline ShiroTenshiRyu

• Eager Elephant
  • Helios
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2014, 02:00:39 PM »
"You may call me Helios. As for what I ask of you... Well I suppose all I'm really asking is that you help me take down the Scopes Criminal Empire" Helios awaited a response from the two furs while watching the sky. the clouds began to grow an ominous dark grey, and all around him Helios noticed wild animals scurrying to cover. The pet's of the locals began to bark and hiss uncontrollably and the wind was howling. He was barely able to stand when he caught in his eye what was causing the havoc. He turned to Zack and Maine and frowned. "If you intend to help me follow me. We need to get to my camp quickly. Something big is coming this way and it won't be pretty." With those few words Helios took off for his camp.