The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: All phones old and new  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
All phones old and new
« on: March 07, 2014, 02:27:25 AM »
Alright, we've all had our fair share of cellphones. Some old, some new; Some tough, some fragile.

I, myself, just recently bought a new phone. The LG Optimus G Pro, its a nice phone so far; durable android and easy to use.

Past phones I've had mainly consisted of nokia phones and you know the old running jokes about nokia's being bullet-proof n' stuff.

Share your experiences, bring up discussions on better brands and how they work; and of course, the technology inside is the most important discussion!  :)
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: All phones old and new
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 08:25:33 AM »
I have a Samsung Galaxy SII atm, it's a good phone!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Snow Kittie

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 03:02:49 PM »
Currently working with the samsung Note 3, which I am in love with.

The browser that comes with Fedora on the computer is absolutely horrible so when I'm working on my server in fedora i use my phablet (phone tablet) to browse the web. The large screen provides me with plenty of space to see Web pages even when zoomed out completely and the stylus that comes with it has a feature allowing it to detect the stylus before it touches. This feature allows me to hover over drop down menus and the menu will appear. Or hover over a button to see more info, anything goes that hovering your mouse over would usually do.

It's not perfect however. With a otterbox defender series case it's huge and heavy, although without its a beautiful phone until the easily damages sides dent.

The stylus doesn't work on the edges of the screen either with is annoying in draw something.

This is a huge update from my Google Nexus S that had 1gb of app space and couldn't properly run angry birds without glitching. Oh, and the nexus had about 2 hours of battery life on full dim.

This new phone lasts two days.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 10:56:13 PM »
I've honestly only had "dumbphones" with Net10. They've apparently updated their phones now, so I bet they don't even have most of these now.

My first cellphone was a Nokia 1600. My dad got it for my 13th birthday for $20. I liked it, and when they say Nokias are damn strong, they aren't kidding. It slipped out of my pocket while my friend and I were in a spinning cage ride at a fair. It bounced around in there the entire duration of the ride, and at the end it fell right into my hand with not a scratch on it. Unfortunately, I lost it a couple years later.
Of course, the screen and graphics seemed somewhat "primitive" compared to today's standard, but the games were kinda amusing. There was this one game with a rabbit, looked like a bunch of minigames, but I could barely understand what to do. :I It had a little music composer thing where you used keytones to make a tune, which you could add as a ringtone.

The next one I got was an LG300G. Would have normally been $20, but my dad got a few of them very cheap at a store that was going out of business. It lasted quite a long time, actually. Did its job perfectly, survived a slip into the local creek, a 6-hour snow burial, and countless tumbles onto pavement. It finally died last year for no direct reason, but it sure went out with a bang. One day, the icons went all different colors or were distorted, and it took a long time to load each screen. Sometimes it would open something I didn't tell it to or shut off randomly. I sent a message to my mate. He responded, but it wouldn't let me open it. All I could see was the first five characters of the text: "What...". With that, I knew it screwed up my text somehow. When I got home, my mate sent me a screenshot of the paragraph of crazy characters my phone sent him. Finally, the phone froze entirely, and it wouldn't even shut off until I pulled out the battery.
I used one of those spare phones for only a month, and even that one's screen decided to go goofy just while sitting on my desk not being touched that day. Very weird.

Not wanting to mess with the cheap phones again, plus wanting a keyboard for easy texting, I got a Samsung S425G, $60. CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE WIN! I can insert a micro SD card with custom background images and sounds to customize the phone to my pleasure. You gotta make sure the custom ringtone is less than 300K, or it will refuse to use it. But you can still store music files on the phone to play. But it doesn't have a port for earphones, so it's not a very good MP3 player. It has a pretty nice camera, too. I've found it best to use in daylight; the dark seems to make pictures look more pixelated for whatever reason. I suggest not sending the pictures through text. Sending a single picture will drain over 8 service minutes. It's best to just wait and transfer it to the computer. Unlike the other two phones, this one doesn't have any games automatically on it. You need to buy them, which I personally don't see the point in doing. Overall, the extra $40 was worth it. Let's hope it lasts a good while.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:04:06 PM by Evnamishko »

Offline mindcrasherTheFox

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • :) happy face
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: fur is orange and underside is white
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 01:37:18 PM »
I have the note 2 its really nice i love the size of it and its just all nice and stuff
profile picture: kittenScientist

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »
Just got a nice, new HTC One, and I absolutely love it. After being very disappointed by the HTC EVO, this makes up for it tenfold.

Offline mindcrasherTheFox

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • :) happy face
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: fur is orange and underside is white
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 10:17:54 PM »
Just got a nice, new HTC One, and I absolutely love it. After being very disappointed by the HTC EVO, this makes up for it tenfold.
I have the phone called the OG phone it stands for original gangster fone
profile picture: kittenScientist

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 02:19:37 AM »

Whut? .w.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 04:17:11 AM »

Whut? .w.
After doing a bit of Googling I think it's some form of hipster speak for "I have the original version of the HTC One" since they just released a newer model that's also called 'One'.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Nrein

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 04:53:11 AM »
Well I don't have the M8 because I can't be bothered to buy the same phone with just a few nicer features and newer :I