The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Den  (Read 4148 times)

Offline NautilusWolf

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Self proclaimed AK god for the next hour or so.
    • Awards
  • Species: SeaWolf
  • Coloring: Gray with white skull
  • Height: 5'11/180cm
  • Weight: Wouldn't you like to know?
  • Currently: Holy applesauce I still exist here.
Re: The Den
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 01:54:43 AM »
Murph stands staring at the weapons on the table and thinks out loud.
"Hmmmmmm, which to choose? M1911 has stopping power, but the M92 has more available surplus ammo... OH MY LORD!!!" Murph gasps as he sees a G17c. He reaches for it and inspects the weapon thoroughly.
"9mm, 17+1 capacity, trijicon night sights... I can make this baby full auto with the tools  I have at my shop!"
Murph turns around,a little embarassed, and says, "What? I know a lot about guns. I MAKE them for a living."
  • Avatar by: Not me, that's for sure.
In the depths lies the thing that should not be.

Offline austinm67

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black fur
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 107 lbs
  • Build: smaller but wirey frame
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 02:15:37 AM »
As Murph goes on Mitch proceeds to look around for anything he can swing around, as he does this he finds a pipe in the wall thats been rusted over at one end as rips it out of the wall leaning on it now like you would a walking stick. "You mind if i carry this out with me? If i get into any trouble it helps to knock someones lights out." He said this as he looked around making sure he was to get approval from Nate first."
"I have coated my hands in the blood of too many, to just walk away from this fight."- Austin Wolf (another fursona of mine)

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
  • Wolf 7133 or Shadis, take your pick
    • Awards
  • Species: Umbral Wolf
  • Coloring: Black fur with dark purple runes on my body and face
  • Height: Six Feet, three Inches
  • Weight: 200 Ibs.
  • Build: Strong, but not muscular
  • Currently: I'm beautiful!!!!! :'D
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 03:22:54 AM »
*Before everyone enters the room* "I don't know my real name. I can't remember anything from more than a few years ago. I usually go by Shadis, so feel free to call me that." *He follows everyone into the room. After picking a sidearm, Shadis changes into his uniform, and then slips his trench coat on over the hoodie, and his leather back pack around his side within his trench coat.* "What shall we do?"

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
Wolf 7133: Supernatural Division Leader

Offline austinm67

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 03:26:05 AM »
The wolf looks up at Shadis then back to his weapon holstering it. "well, If its okay with you I think i will call you shade."
"I have coated my hands in the blood of too many, to just walk away from this fight."- Austin Wolf (another fursona of mine)

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 02:58:08 AM »
*Shade let loose a smile. He couldn't remember the last time, if ever, he had smiled* "Sounds good to me, Mitch"

Offline austinm67

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 04:57:23 AM »
"Glad to hear it. Should be easy enough to remember." Mitch said leaning up against the wall. " I do say we should stay here over night, get to know each other and wait to see if anyone eles shows up." He reached into his pocket pulling out a rice ball wrapped up inside a few loose rags takeing a bite, as well as resting his hoodie down to form a makeshift pillow.

Post Merge: March 13, 2014, 10:29:24 PM
Mitch would then stand up to take a quick look outside checking to see if the others have arrived at the area letting out a small hum.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:29:24 PM by austinm67, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline NautilusWolf

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 02:08:50 AM »
"Mitch, with all due respect, we should move along. It's too dangerous, remember?" Murph said in a surprised tone.
"Don't you remember what DS does to black paw?"

Offline austinm67

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 03:50:06 AM »
Mitch looked over to murph watching him. "Well, what if others show up? then what do we do?"

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 03:05:27 PM »
(I'm not terribly sure where we are or what things look like, so if my description's off, do tell me.)

The lamps set into the bottom of the eighteenth deck had long been dimmed to nightfall, throwing the nineteenth deck into darkness.  Many flickered on and off as figures, young and old, passed beneath them.  Many were headed to their night jobs, or off to find people of Lucinda's profession for a respite from the weariness of the life they couldn't escape.

Lucinda herself, a young wolf, stayed out of the main square for now.  She'd already done fair business for the night, and she'd heard rumors of a group gathering at the docks.  Perhaps they'd be friendly enough to share a meal with.  She missed having company, even if it was rare they were around long. 

Her paws padded on the metal docks nearly silently.  The nineteenth deck was underwater, so the subs could dock here.  All but the topmost five decks were.  The bulkhead and doors blocked out the seawater from killing people, but for those not used to it, Lucinda imagined it'd be unnerving.  Being three hundred feet and counting under the crushing water wasn't particularly fun.  She smiled.  She'd long promised herself she'd be out of these slums.  It would just take time.

Crates sitting against the far bulkhead, metal and wood and recently brought in, caught her attention.  Movement.  And there, near the warehouse.  Her smile turned venomous.  There they are.
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Shadis

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 05:27:52 PM »
*I casually turn my head in the direction of outside the warehouse and notice a lone figure in the distance. I speak to the others* "Hey, their is someone watching us in the distance out their," *I point* "Think it's another recruit?"

Offline austinm67

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2014, 06:13:02 PM »
"Possibly, I wouldent know for sure." Mitch would walk out to try and get a closer look the pipe now hidden up his sleeve rather quickly.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 07:50:48 PM »
The light flickered above the coyote's head as he pressed his paw down on the ink peddle below the table. It was hard to focus with the dim lighting that shared what little power there was to his ink gun. He stood over a Wolf lying down on the table, his large body taking up most of the small business within it's cramped quarters. Spike was lucky to find a spot of his own down in the market square to run his business despite being located within another one. He operated his profession in a small room in the back of a drinking hole. The bar was small itself but was located in the main square. Not every business owner and pan handler had a spot to themselves, but the coyote had paid a lot to rent out a small space within another business as long as it was open.

"All done." Spike said flatly. He leaned into a back corner as the wolf propped himself up on the table. Before sliding off, he unlaced his combat boots and took one off after the other. He handed Spike his fee and slid off the table onto his bare paws, lowering his head as to not hit the short ceiling as he stood.

"Thanks, Spike." The wolf said before slipping his shirt back on and saluting him before heading out.

The coyote nodded as he lit a cigarette and his last customer of the night slipped away. He looked at the boots the wolf left behind and kicked off his tattered shoes. He laced up the boots and tossed out his old footwear. Packing up for the night, the coyote packed up his ink and switched off the small light the hung above his head. He slid out the small door and locked up. Passing through the small bar and into the busy square, he tossed his cigarette butt aside and began walking home.

The crowded square was bustling with people desperate for money or food, some offering the coyote scraps of garbage or food in exchange for whatever they could get. Spike just walked along knowing he couldn't give them anything, even if he wanted to. Pups and other cubs had run up to him, surrounding the coyote and asking for candy and money while they all padded down his pockets. Slum children were certainly more successful at pick pocketing and robbery than most ugly encounters Spike had been faced with in the past. The coyote laughed.

"You think there's money here?" The coyote asked with a grin. "No one has money here." The children, unable to find anything to steal or receive, scurried off to find someone else to bother. "Damn kids." The coyote huffed as he continued on his way.

Taking a detour, Spike climbed up to the upper levels to avoid the crowds in the decks below. He'd hope to find more peace and quiet among the cargo areas even if it was the long way home. Up ahead of him, he saw a shadowy figure standing alone. As he got closer, he noticed it was a young wolf who was standing alone among the cargo. Spike didn't think he'd been noticed yet but his eyes squinted, skeptical of the wolf's intentions. He wasn't in the mood to fight someone after a long day at work. Instead of pressing forward, he stood there waiting to see what she would do.

Offline NautilusWolf

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2014, 04:22:43 AM »
Murph takes notice of shadis through the window pointing to a silhouette. Not knowing who it was, he comes rushing out with his hand on his gun, holstered to his hip.
"State your name and business!"
Murph said with a stern, protective tone.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2014, 05:30:18 PM »
Fear crossed Lucinda's face, pitiful whimpering reaching his ears as she covered her hands in her paws, trembling.  "P-please, I didn't m-mean to alarm you.  D-don't shoot..."  Her voice caught on her sobs, tears rolling down her face.  "I-I promise, I'm not harmful," she said through her tears and paws.
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline NautilusWolf

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2014, 05:37:43 PM »
Murph re-holsters his weapon and exits his defensive stance.
"I'm sorry, I thought you were DS. Are you a recruit?" Murph said as he put his hand up to everyone else in the warehouse to signal that everything was okay.