The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Robocalypse: OOC (PM if you want to join)  (Read 6069 times)

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • The one and only Heavy Metal Hippy.
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: Big.
  • Build: Hairy.
  • Currently: I'm back!
Robocalypse: OOC (PM if you want to join)
« on: March 09, 2014, 05:58:16 PM »
This isn't exactly an original idea, but I figure people would enjoy trying it.

It wasn't too long ago that people ruled machine. From the simplest communication devices, to the biggest constructions any had seen. They were all ours.

Then the AI was introduced.

It was good at first, the AI making all of our machines smarter and more convenient, as well as becoming the alien life we sought in Deities and in the cosmos. But, of course, something went wrong. Surely someone knew what, but anyone who did was likely not alive anymore.

The AI replicated itself in anything that could hold it, including many computerized war machines. Wholesale slaughter came to anyone within range of the bullets, bombs and whatever other sorts of weapons the AI got a hold of. Not everyone died of course, or else this story wouldn't be very long. Many people became nomadic, with a few rare permanent settlements.

One year after society as we know it collapsed, and to the confusion of all, the AI was no longer actively pursuing people. Still, roaming robots and rovers would fight and kill any they came across. Former urban areas are hotspots for AI activity, and  to be avoided at all costs.

And now, here we are. Survivors of some bad science fiction, just doing our best to keep going. It's starting to get dark. Best find a safe place to sleep, and put out the campfire. They have the advantage in the night.

This RP will feature a group of survivors, some already together, some meeting along the way. This will allow some late joiners to come into the game.

Rules: Standard rules. No meta-gaming, no power-playing. Be respectful, and be professional.

Anyone who wishes to join should use the following format:

Name:
Equipment: (please, don't get ridiculous with this. You can have a cool weapon or two, but not 14)
Skills:
Weaknesses: (both character flaws and skills that one can't just 'pick up' along the way.)
Brief description/History:
Personality:

My Character:

Name: Harold Drake

Sex/gender: Male

Equipment: military tactical vest and ballistic vest, dark cargo pants, .357 magnum revolver and a couple dozen rounds, M4 carbine with acog sight with one full 30 round magazine, tan backpack, folding knife, a small amount of canned food, a canteen, a small tool set and electronics parts.

Skills: specializes in electronics and robot mechanics

Weaknesses: no survival skills, untrusting, quick to anger

Brief Description: Harold was a mechanic working on the very robots which now threatened his very existence. Because of his knowledge, he was able to survive. This knowledge also made him valuable to a military group working to destroy assets valuable to the AI forces. Only Harold and one other remain of this group, and have garnered a new group.
Harold is a tall, chestnut brown buffalo.

Personality: gruff, and untrusting of others. He can be nice to people he knows, but his personality can still be quite abrasive. Unapologetic, and not much for small talk. Quick to anger, and to draw a weapon in a tense situation.

Also, please signify if you want to be part of the starting group or meet up with them later. We can discuss in this topic about character relations in the group.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:34:21 PM by Grrxmaster »
In Flames we trust.

Offline KaneQuicktail

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • The man, the myth, the fox
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Orange w/ brown socks gloves and ears; white belly
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 200lbs
  • Build: average
  • Currently: Foxin' around
Re: Robocalypse: OOC and Sign-Up
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 07:02:49 PM »
Skynet is online? Count me in! lol

Name: Dex
Equipment: 12g pump-action shotgun, backpack with some basic survival supplies (flint & steel, bandannas, small first-aid kit, clothes), buck-knife, compass, and a canteen.
Skills: Navigation/orienteering, outdoor survival
Weaknesses: Has no skill with technology (even something simple like a radio or cell phone), jumpy (the slightest sound will set him on edge), exercise induced asthmatic (can't run very long distances or over-exert himself), over-friendly
Brief description/History: Dex grew up in a naturalist family, they lived off the land and off the grid, they didn't even have electricity. The only technology they owned were simple machines like a water pump and the family rifle they used for hunting. He learned, at a young age, how to survive, what plants could or could not be eaten. They hadn't even heard of the rogue AI destroying humanity until a few survivors passing through needing shelter. Dex wanted to leave with them and see the world and what had happened. He is average height and weight, dark skinned, wears mostly animal hides, and has long hair and a long beard with two braids.
Personality: Very friendly and very open, he also tends to be a bit blunt. He's a bit of a scaredy-cat and has been known to jump the gun. He's guilty of helping everyone, even bandits, not as far as killing them of course, but giving them food or ammunition.

I'd like Dex to be in the starting party.

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »
You are approved.
In Flames we trust.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 11:20:47 PM »
This looks interesting.  Though, I do have a question about the character options.  Are they limited to pure furries, or are furry cyborgs, with the cybernetics hidden so not to arouse suspicion, allowed?  Perhaps have the character being used as an unwilling spy to rout out more tricky furries?  I have no problem play normal furries, just curious.  :)
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 11:23:44 PM »
That's an interesting idea. I like it. I did intend to *SPOILER* put in some friendly robots and such. If this is something you're interested in, we can talk about it.
In Flames we trust.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 01:24:47 PM »
I may be.  It's giving me a hard time updating Icy Destinations, so as I work on that post, it might be nice to have a backup.  :)

Would you like me to PM you?

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 01:32:40 PM »
Sounds good to me.
In Flames we trust.

Offline Charlie

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Snow White
  • Height: 6'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs.
  • Build: slender, man :3
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 12:36:35 AM »
Name: Axle Niebo
Equipment: Nothing but the clothes on his back
Skills: Semi-acrobatic, ex-boxer (street fighting), level-headedness
Weaknesses: old shoulder injury that acts up sometimes, can make the logical choice even if it's a sacrifice. Can be rash under stress.
Brief description/History: Axles parent were killed by muggers when he was to young to remember, he was raised by a group of nomads (traveling homeless people). He was raised to be a pit fighter to make money for the family. He narrowly escaped with his life when a group of punks accidently led a group of three robots to a pit fight, during the fight right before his. The entire warehouse they were in came down. Axle only survived because he was in an old shipping container preparing for his fight. He had a mirror in his room that had gotten smashed on his face leaving it scared up.
Personality: Axle is a stand up guy, he will make the tough decisions and will make sacrifices for the good of the group. He is protective, he has lost too much.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 01:34:52 PM by Charlie »
"Your name will be Edgar... Always Edgar"- Ryan "The Mad King" Haywood

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 04:14:26 AM »
I like your character Charlie. Unfortunately, the story takes place only one year after the apocalypse. Fix that up, and you're in.
In Flames we trust.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 09:09:16 PM »
Name: Tarsinta "Sin" Ravern

Sex/gender: Female

Equipment: Carries a knife, has a small caliber gun hidden in her arm.

Skills: Scavenging, some short range gunplay, repairs

Weaknesses: Not a great combatant in knife play, hesitant to kill even robots.  Not very trusting.  Can hunt, but doesn't know what do to with the body after.

Brief description/History: Tarsinta had been a typical bat/cat mix before the accident that'd ruined her chances for a normal life.  In the weeks leading up to the take over, bigger and bigger fights had taken place, and Sin had gotten caught in the middle of one of these fights.  She'd been so full of lead, the medics that saved her were surprised she wasn't in a hearse with the rest of her family.  She was on respirators, IVs, and a heart pump for a week before scientists took an interest in her, faking her death and taking her away to see if AI could be compatible with a living mind.  To say the least, it was largely a success.

Sin, without a home left and without family knowing she was still alive, the scientists monitored her for three months before the AI take over.  The scientists holding her were killed in the onslaught, but she was taken in as a possible spy by some of the more... enterprising AI units.  From then on, she was trained to fight and find dissident AI units and humans.

(I can change this if you'd like.  :) )

Personality: Skiddish and untrusting, Sin is quiet and often lonesome.  She rarely says much about herself, and when she does, it's often to military people on habit.

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 09:21:49 PM »
I like it, Aldrea. Kind of a RoboCop remix, while still jamming with the story. You're in.
In Flames we trust.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 10:34:56 PM »
Thank you.  ^_^

Offline Charlie

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Snow White
  • Height: 6'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs.
  • Build: slender, man :3
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »
updated character sheet
"Your name will be Edgar... Always Edgar"- Ryan "The Mad King" Haywood

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 12:02:19 AM »
Fantastic, Charlie, you're in. I like the dystopian underground of the past society.
In Flames we trust.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 01:49:20 AM »
I was thinking on Sin, and a thought came to mind.  Could I have her as an early-ish arrival, but not on the same side?  Perhaps have her tracking the group down, putting everyone on edge.  She'd be a danger to them, and it could kick start the suspense, running from her.  Especially since she's silent when she flies and appears completely organic.