The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Robocalypse  (Read 3962 times)

Offline PO5ID3N25

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Re: The Robocalypse
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 05:31:32 AM »
As the boar barrels towards him he squeezes the trigger on his 44. Magnum. The boar stops dead with a bullet in his brain. "Hey at least we got is some food" he chuckles to Harold

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 11:45:01 AM »
Tiffany sat up in the tree she had bunked down in for the night, for most her behavior would be strange. She rarely slept on the ground and preferred being at least 6 meters up when sleeping. She had half woken up when she heard Harold walking around looking for wood just before dawn she didn't say a word simply watching from her perch as each person woke up and went around their business.

Stretching her arms a little the small cracking of her joints filled the air she could hear footsteps and a running sound, but no mechanical sounds so it wasn't one of the machines, the loud ring of gun fire stirred her into action grabbing her katana and rifle she jumped down the tree quickly and walked closer to the camp to look at what happened. "Too much noise." She said rather coldly as she looked at the group and then at Harold. "Got the right sticks this time, Sir?" She teased a little quickly lightening the tension she had created a few moments earlier.

Offline Ritenger

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox/Vulpix
  • Coloring: Red with white up my chest
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: I'm 63 Kg
  • Build: Slim but with some muscle on the biceps and chest
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 01:20:37 PM »
Sam quickly looked up from what she was doing after hearing a gun shot in the distance. She shot Axle a glance and sprinted into the direction of the gunfire.

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • The one and only Heavy Metal Hippy.
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: Big.
  • Build: Hairy.
  • Currently: I'm back!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 01:30:15 PM »
Harold had been caught off guard by the boar, and now the firing of the .44 was ringing in his ears. The wood he had gathered was in a pile at his feet. Cursing and muttering, he started to pick it all up again. Dangerous as a boar could be, Harold wondered if that was completely necessary.
Not very long after, Tiff and Sam had run to the scene. "It's alright, it's alright. Taero here just shot a boar."
Harold rolled his eyes when Tiff addressed him. "Yeah, yeah, this wood's dry. And don't call me sir, you know I'm not a military man."
The entire morning thus far had done nothing but make Harold sour, and it wasn't likely that he'd be cheering up anytime soon.
In Flames we trust.

Offline Ritenger

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 01:59:18 PM »
"Nice shot Taero" Chuckled Sam "Right square in it's forehead" Sam looked over to Harold and got excited when she saw the dry sticks for the fire. "Need any help with that Harold?"

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 02:19:25 PM »
Sin watched as they left, moving only her eyes.  She narrowed them.  This was going to be harder than she'd first thought, particularly in bringing the others in to her owners.

She waiting several minutes before getting to her feet, silent as a dead canary.  New plan then.  Again.
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
  • One furry for all, all furries for one!!!!!
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky (And part Vulpix/ part Mew: Internet does not lie!!!)
  • Coloring: black and white (more black than white)
  • Height: 1,80 meter
  • Weight: 65 kilo's
  • Build: Lean, stealthy
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 07:46:38 PM »
He had noticed the tiny campfire some hours before, and moved closer to get a better view on the situation. He climbed a nearby tree, far enough that they wouldn't be able to see him that easily, but near enough for him to notice their shapes passing in front of the glowing tinders at some points.

He estimated their numbers to be around five, maybe six, and armed to the teeth with pistols and other weapons. A couple had left earlier, and when the gunshot fell, Jacen had almost rolled out of his hiding spot in surprise.

When he had hung out with the bandits, Jacen had most often been used as a scout. Finding other groups of survivors, sneak up to them and see how with how many they were, the number of arms they possessed, any intel that might be of use when the group attacked.

People got killed, sure, but at least he got a proper meal every day, something that not a lot survivors could say.

Jacen mostly cared only about himself. He had no-one else left, so why would he care about anyone else?

He pulled his sweater closer up to his chin and hid in the shadows of the treebranches, in the little next he had made for himself, his backpack as pillow underneath him, his axe held stifly in his cramped paws.

He would wait for the right time, and then, only then, would he strike.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:48:58 PM by Colioli4 »
  • Avatar by: No avatar found yet... Anyone??? :?

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.

Offline KaneQuicktail

• Avid Aardvark
  • The man, the myth, the fox
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Orange w/ brown socks gloves and ears; white belly
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 200lbs
  • Build: average
  • Currently: Foxin' around
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 01:06:55 AM »
Dex pulled out a contour map of the general area and saw that the elevation started to rise to the east. No doubt higher ground would be helpful. Beyond that though, his map would be useless. He'd traveled this area before and knew that it headed towards one of the mountains, but that was a few days travel and he had never gone that far.

"Hey guys, I think we should head east, get to higher ground."

He then noticed the boar that they were dragging into camp. He'd rather not wait to skin, process, bleed and cook the entire animal, but food did sound pretty good right about then.

Offline Charlie

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Snow White
  • Height: 6'6"
  • Weight: 150lbs.
  • Build: slender, man :3
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 01:51:49 AM »
"A boar... damn, we are going to eat well. We sould take the morning to skin, dress, and eat our newly shot breakfast, before we continue are trek." He says as he grabs at his stumich jokingly. 

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

"Your name will be Edgar... Always Edgar"- Ryan "The Mad King" Haywood

Offline Ritenger

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 05:28:26 AM »
Sam was completely clueless about the way to "skin and dress" an animal, so she snuck away from the group to go on a nice,quiet and peaceful morning walk.

Offline PO5ID3N25

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 11:57:10 AM »
"Well I killed it I guess it's my responsibility" sighed taero as he holed up it's back legs running his ropes through it. He hauled it into a nearby tree and slit it's throat waiting for the blood to drain out

After a few minutes he began to peel back it's skin and quarter the meat up into decent sized hunks fry able over a campfire they would taste good and give them a flammable by product ,grease.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 12:07:28 PM »
Tiffany sighed and looked around the camp before nodding towards Harold. "Old habits...Well you are the leader of this...outfit." Her voice seemed a little strained at the last part as if she was biting back an insult or her doubts about the group. Glancing towards Dex for a moment "How is the treeline heading east? Getting to higher ground is all good and well but without proper cover we will be easy prey for the 'flyers' . " Looking at the rest debating what to do with the boar she rolled her eyes oince more and tapped her fingers over the scabbard of her katana. "Its your call H, My recommendation would be to keep moving, if there were any ground AI units that gunshot would have alerted them to our position...It would be unwise to stay in one spot for too long after something like that."

Offline Grrxmaster

• Grrxy Gruntleton
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • The one and only Heavy Metal Hippy.
    • Grrxy's Youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: Big.
  • Build: Hairy.
  • Currently: I'm back!
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 12:58:21 PM »
Harold was glad that he had companions who could do the work that he couldn't. He felt a bit useless out here in the woods, if he was honest. He'd never be so honest out loud of course. Give him some electronics and he'd run circles around any one of them. That was neither here nor there, however.
"I don't much like the idea of heading any further up. The tree line will only get thinner, won't it? And besides, we've still got to get further south. If I'm right, there should be a rather large outpost near Houston."
In Flames we trust.

Offline Ritenger

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 01:21:40 PM »
As Sam left the group, she walked on for a while before she found the clearing where the incident with the boar happened. She could smell the light tint of smoke from the bullet Taero fired. She felt calm and relaxed in the wilderness, after being stuck in the slums for a majority of her life, she walked over to an empty spot on the ground where she sat down with her back pack beside her, inhaling the sweet smell of nature. Before long she had dozed off.

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
  • One furry for all, all furries for one!!!!!
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky (And part Vulpix/ part Mew: Internet does not lie!!!)
  • Coloring: black and white (more black than white)
  • Height: 1,80 meter
  • Weight: 65 kilo's
  • Build: Lean, stealthy
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 01:57:52 PM »
He noticed that the person (a girl? He couldn’t see it clear enough with the low light…) left the group and headed into the woods. “This is my chance!” he thought, and jumped from his hiding spot. Having left his backpack settled on the tree branch, and armed with only his fire axe, he went into the direction he had seen the shadow head into.

He smelled the boar as he passed the camp at only a couple of meters distance, staying within the treeline, and had to withhold himself the urge of trying to steal a bite of the meat.

A little further, he suddenly smelled gunpowder. He went on, all senses sharp, and listening for even the tiniest of noises and looking for even the slightest of movements. How often hadn’t the raiders he’d been with shot their targets on sight, blasting their pistols and rifles at their surprised prey, just to steal their supplies? How often hadn’t those people been killed, all because of his scouting capabilities?

He shook his head, closed his eyes for a second. This wasn’t the time to get sentimental. He had to find supplies, food, water, anything!

He noticed the shape lying in the middle of the clearing. He dropped into a crouch and headed closer, trying not to break any branch or crumple any leaves. Before long, he noticed that the girl (he finally realized the shadow must be female as he came closer) was asleep. Secondly, he saw the bundle next to her.

‘Jackpot!’ he thought to himself, as he sneaked around the woman and slowly opened the schoolbag, in search for its hidden treasures.
  • Avatar by: No avatar found yet... Anyone??? :?

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.