The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The last poster wins!!!  (Read 254071 times)

Offline PotatoFur

• Avid Aardvark
  • Still figuring out my fursona.
    • Awards
  • Species: Good question.
  • Currently: Foruming
Re: The last poster wins!!!
« Reply #26655 on: 2 hours ago »
That sounds fun! ^_^ I also just got back from something - not having MY throne!  >:3

I've been on-off doing Japanese for about six years! I can read pretty durn well these days, but I've only started taking it proper-seriously about four months ago, give or take. I'm at about an 6-year-old's level.. Which, if you think about it, makes sense - that's how long a 6-year-old has been learning the language, too -laugh-
That seems interesting! I feel like it would be difficult learning a whole new alphabet though, so don't be too hard on yourself.  ^_^
-`-_-`-

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Get Equipped With Floof
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #26656 on: 1 hour ago »
You mean MY throne?!

That seems interesting! I feel like it would be difficult learning a whole new alphabet though, so don't be too hard on yourself.  ^_^

Oh, I wasn't being hard on myself at all - it's actually a point of pride amongst people who learn the language  XD XD it's two alphabets, Kanji and Kana - Kanji are unique symbols (sort of) that make up of entire words, and there are about 3000 in common use; so that's 3000 logographs to learn. The other alphabet, Kana, is made up of two syllabaries - which are what it sounds like, syllables - you have one set for native words, and one set for loan words. Kana is -way way way- easier to learn, you can imagine - I learnt both sets in one week, and I know about 300 kanji?  :? Which is way more than it sounds! If you imagine a 6-year-old has been immersed in the language for six years, learning to read and write - to be on that level without being as deeply immersed is impressive, no?  XD

ZARA-RA!!

Offline PotatoFur

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #26657 on: 1 hour ago »
No, MY throne!  >:( >:( >:(

it's two alphabets, Kanji and Kana - Kanji are unique symbols (sort of) that make up of entire words, and there are about 3000 in common use; so that's 3000 logographs to learn. The other alphabet, Kana, is made up of two syllabaries - which are what it sounds like, syllables - you have one set for native words, and one set for loan words.
My goodness, you've successfully made French seem easy to learn!  :o

I learnt both sets in one week, and I know about 300 kanji?  :? Which is way more than it sounds! If you imagine a 6-year-old has been immersed in the language for six years, learning to read and write - to be on that level without being as deeply immersed is impressive, no?  XD
That's incredible! :D I don't know what else to say in all honesty...
-`-_-`-

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Get Equipped With Floof
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #26658 on: 55 minutes ago »
MY THRONE!!!!  :crazy:

My goodness, you've successfully made French seem easy to learn!  :o

C'est la vie~

That's incredible! :D I don't know what else to say in all honesty...
It's taken me long enough! Well, I reckon anybody could learn Kana in a week or two - it's pretty easy, once you get down to it. And so exciting, because then it unlocks a lot of the written language, if you can just learn how the spoken language fits in together - without having to learn the full common-use kanji -- each unique kanji has its' own readings - two readings, typically - which can be spelt out in kana - you have to read it out loud somehow, after all! They tend to do this for childrens' media - check it out the next time you see a flyer or poster in Japanese, for a childrens' property! The more complex symbols will probably have smaller symbols ontop - that's the kana reading!

ZARA-RA!!

Offline PotatoFur

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #26659 on: 22 minutes ago »
Pleawse can I have it back?  :pout:

They tend to do this for childrens' media - check it out the next time you see a flyer or poster in Japanese, for a childrens' property! The more complex symbols will probably have smaller symbols ontop - that's the kana reading!
That's good to know!  ^_^
-`-_-`-