The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Squad.  (Read 6054 times)

Offline Ritenger

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox/Vulpix
  • Coloring: Red with white up my chest
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: I'm 63 Kg
  • Build: Slim but with some muscle on the biceps and chest
  • Reference: [link]
The Squad.
« on: April 23, 2014, 07:36:03 PM »
Antonia woke with a start. She had been dreaming about her glory days, and what this job could do to help her whole life, a portal to a new life where she was the most renowned mercenary ever. Heh, hardly. She got up out of he clean bed, inside of her generic star ship room, the walls were blindingly white, with a distasteful painting on the wall. She guessed that her "friends" would all be sleeping in the same sort of room.

She got up out of her bed, brushed her teeth and had a shower in the cramped bath room with barely enough room to walk around in. After all of that was out of the way, she put on her standard casual clothing, a generic green T-Shirt and cargo pants. As she was leaving her room she flipped on her sneakers. Her and her "friends" had been on this ship for a couple of days now, she was getting restless and was ready to meet some of her companions. She opened the door and looked out into the hall, the Alliance had wanted everyone to keep on lock down, to stop mingling and make last minute background checks. Not like the guards really cared anyway. As she looked out into the hall, she saw the same old shiny, bright and "clean" walls. She looked up and down the hall, it was clear.

She stepped out into the corridor and started making her way to the closest cabin on the left. She hoped whoever was inside was someone part of her mission. She opened the door to be greeted by the site of a sleeping wolf with black fur. She walked over and crouched next to him and poked him in the arm. "You awake?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the OOC! http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=24656.0
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:38:30 PM by Ritenger »

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
  • One furry for all, all furries for one!!!!!
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky (And part Vulpix/ part Mew: Internet does not lie!!!)
  • Coloring: black and white (more black than white)
  • Height: 1,80 meter
  • Weight: 65 kilo's
  • Build: Lean, stealthy
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
Re: The Squad.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 02:30:14 PM »

((Here it is! Sorry, but I live in a slight different time zone than most of you, so I only had time now  to post...  :/ ))

It was the first night in over a years that Zian had slept for more than five hours straight in a row. Maybe it were the pills the doc had given him, or maybe it was just the feeling of being in space again that relaxed his nerves and quelled his dreams. The constant undertone of conversations held and orders given by the Order’s members, always echoing through his mind, never far away.

Now, his rest was interrupted by the entering of a person into his room. He peered at the shadow through half-closed eyes, and quickly realized it was a female. She did nothing to keep the racket she was making down, so Zian did not immediately react: an assassin would be quiet, or at least trying to do so, while most other would have at least knocked before entering. Probably one of his new squad mates. Most likely… what was her name again? Braden… or something along those lines? He had heard about her in the briefing: tough girl, slum-born and fighter. Had quite a reputation as being someone to get the job done, the good or the bad way. An interesting teammate, and someone to keep an eye on.

As she poked him, he opened his eyes further and sat up slightly.
“Yeah… I’m awake now, thank you very much.”, he said, without any true anger in his voice, “You always come barging in on people like this?”

He rolled out of his bed and got to his feet, stretching his aching muscles. “Name’s Zian, and who might you be?”
  • Avatar by: No avatar found yet... Anyone??? :?

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.

Offline Ritenger

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 02:48:09 PM »
Antonia stood up and took a step back to let Zian stand up. She studied the man's appearance and noticed a nasty scar carved into his arm. Wait... was that in the shape of something...? She shook the thought out of her mind and addressed his question.

"Heh, only when they sleep in, sleeping beauty" She put out her cybernetic hand as a greeting. "The name's Antonia Braden, and what brings you to this fine ship?"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:59:43 PM by Ritenger »

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 03:03:49 PM »
He noticed her gaze at his scar, and quickly donned a shirt hanging on a nearby chair. She did not think too much of it, he saw, but it had been careless of him to leave the scar out in the open.

He paused at the sight of the cybernetic limb, but shook it anyway. He had never liked the idea of replacing bodily tissue with metal, and had only taken his eye-implant out of absolute necessity. And an cybernetic arm of this size…

“I got assigned to this… fine, sure, if you like these amounts of filth covering the whole bloody ship… anyway, this spacewagon, to join some kind of last-minute squad going on a suicide mission without any intel beforehand. Sounds familiar?” he said, not even trying to hide his sarcasm.

Offline Ritenger

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 03:23:04 PM »
Antonia noticed the way he gazed at her arm and remembered that sort of look, someone who didn't like cybernetics. The rest of his words went right over her head. She pulled her arm away from the hand shake angrily, feeling offended.

"That's no way to make a first impression..." she thought to herself. She gritted her teeth and smiled an unconvincing fake smile. "I'm gonna go and see if the other's are awake" She walked to the open door and turned around. "You coming?"

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 03:31:37 PM »
So far for his no-enemy, play-nice policy. He hadn´t expected her to be this nasty this soon already. Had a weakness considering her arm, he guessed. It wasn´t that he disliked people with cybernetics, it was just that... it somehow felt wrong to him.

It was going to take some time to mend this first impression...

“Ehm, sure, right behind ya.”, he said, walking after her, keeping a little distance between the two of them.

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
  • Rachet?oh yeah! He is my cousins friend.greet guy!
  • Species: lombax
  • Coloring: regular
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: little above average
  • Currently: doing good
The Squad.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 06:15:11 PM »
(Nix was walking down a corridor when he took a left down another corridor. He had a towel wrapped around his waist and was brushing his teeth with a tooth brush that had no tooth paste on it. Nixs body wasn't very muscular but he did have a good pair of abs. He was humming a tune only he knew. When he turned the corner he saw Antonia walking into a room and he wondered what she was doing up so he slipped to the door and listened to what went on. When they came out he folded his arms to give off a sort of "serious" look.)

"fine time you decided to wake up. I've been up for almost an hour."

(As he said this he took the tooth brush out of his mouth.)
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Dark Grey fur, blue mane and tail.
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Build: Rugged, but athletic. Relatively muscular.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 06:34:58 PM »
Silverwinds' single eye opened blearily in the semi-darkness of the room he'd been given aboard ship.
He hadn't had time to do anything with the small personal space, leaving it pretty much a box with bare walls and minimalist furnishings. The only evidence of his taking over so far were the clothes he'd discarded getting into the cabin bed, piled haphazardly on a chair, and his kit bag shoved up against a bulkhead wall.
The fox blinked through watery eyes, and winced as he propped himself up on one elbow. Age was slowly catching up to him, and a night spent on a hard, narrow bed had consequences the next day. He opened his muzzle and tried to speak, but coughed through a dry mouth. Swallowing and clearing his muzzle, he tried again, sitting upright.
"Lights," he said, and the overhead flourescent strip pinged and popped to life with a hum, casting a somewhat sickly glow over the faded walls.
The vulpine pressed the heels of both hands to his face for a moment, before sitting still a moment, his pointed ears twitching and swivelling as he listened to the sounds from the vessel around him. Murmured voices, humming and rattling of machinery, and the distant throb of engines; all normal for a ship in transit.
Making a decision that he'd have to find out what was going on, and now was as good a time as any to meet his new comrades - and  besides all of that, he was hungry.  The fox quickly donned his shipboard fatigues and checked his appearance in the polished rectangle of metal above the rooms meagre washbasin. Ragged and rugged as always, and getting greyer every day. The corner of his muzzle twitched up in a wry smile at that, before he turned and headed for the door, stepping out into the corridor beyond in search of his new comrades.
A Sound Like Distant Thunder...
USS Starfire - Star Trek based sci-fi action roleplay.

Offline Ritenger

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 06:49:03 PM »
Antonia turned to Nix and grinned at his words "I've been awake for a while now, just came out to wake up sleeping beauty over here."

Antonia went to put out her cybernetic hand, but remembering what happened a second ago, she put out her other hand. "The name's Antonia, and yours?" But before Nix could respond Antonia had turned around to see Silverwind stepping out of his cabin.

She beckoned him over, and turned back to Nix. "The whole gang is here" She said with a grin.

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
The Squad.
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 07:02:00 PM »
(Antonia saying that "the is here" nix looked around at the furs he would have to trust with his life and he smiled. He knew he was in good hands.)

"it appears so." (He Said in reply to her comment.)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:06:04 PM by nixon/monto »
Space is a place I can't wait to go to. All the time in reality. And yet I long for the end, not because I want it to end, but because I'm curious of how this world ends and where all these souls go to when they breath no more. But till then I'll be having the time of my life! :)

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 07:03:54 PM »
Zian grumbled a ´Thanks´ towards Antonia, rolling his eyes a little. He did, however, notice her hesitate and see her offer her other, organic hand. He felt kind of bad for hurting her, but he shrugged it away. With his job, friends were not needed, only allies of convenience.

He looked the new guy over. His briefing from the Order had been short, and of little real information. The intel he had received was meagre to say the least. He did not even know this guy’s name, only that he was some kind of Scout, and a good one at that. Zian frowned as he realised the fox had crept up to them, while they had been talking, probably eavesdropping the entire conversation, and that he hadn’t even heard the scout’s approach. Zian’s face turned into a friendly smile, but his eyes didn’t, and cursed himself for his lack of attention.
Another colleague to keep an eye on: couldn’t have any sneaking spies around him all the time…

“Hello there! Name’s Zian. I’m the sniper. Nice to meet you!”
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:07:24 PM by Colioli4 »

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
The Squad.
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 07:09:02 PM »
"And I you Zian. The names Nixon but you can call me nix."

(He said to the group.)

"I'm a 5th division scout with some assassin training."

(Said nix hoping he could impress some of them.)

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Silverwind Blade

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Arvaran Solar Ranger
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pegasus
  • Coloring: Dark Grey fur, blue mane and tail.
  • Height: 6' 5"
  • Build: Rugged, but athletic. Relatively muscular.
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 07:14:51 PM »
Silver saw the group standing a short distance away as he stepped out of his room. Twitching his tail in curiosity, he hesitated, before nodding slowly and in a reserved fashion in greeting, and stepped over to the small knot of people congregating in the corridor.
He caught  a couple of names thrown out as he moved closed, Nix and Zian among them. Professional roles seemed to be aired as well, and he heard one mention he was a sniper.
"Pleased to meet both of you," he said in his gravelly tone as he stood nearby. "Name's Blade. Silverwind Blade, actually. As for what I do... well, a l'il bit of everything, I guess. I got a good amount of skill in jus' soldierin', an' I can drive most things with wheels or tracks. An' I'm a pretty good engineer as well." He shrugged and gave a half smile. "Either way, I can look after m'self an' make myself useful to y'all."
A Sound Like Distant Thunder...
USS Starfire - Star Trek based sci-fi action roleplay.

Offline nixon/monto

• Lovable Lion
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 07:19:39 PM »
(Shaking blades paw he said with a smile.) "we definitely need someone on transportation. I wish I could drive anything other then a car!" (Nix said with a laugh.) "and trust me when I say you can definitely be useful to the mission."

FDF forever       "
SNIPER!!!  boo ya FDF!!

Offline Ritenger

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »
Antonia was taken aback by Blade's large description. He seemed nice, a little simple, but he seemed nice. "Hey blade, meet Nix and Zian and I'm Antonia" She took a step back, into the middle of the corridor, forcing everyone to focus on her.

"Ok, now that the niceties are out of the way, lets get to business." She straightened her self and spoke from something she had prepared in her mind earlier. "You have all come here for a reason. Some for money, some for..." She trailed off realizing she was speaking about her self. "Uh, well anyway, the mission is to go to some gods forsaken planet, that happens to have an Alliance outpost on it, but what has happened is that a buncha alliance citizens or soldiers or something have gone missing, so our job is to check out what's going on."

Antonia took a breath, breathless from the all the talking. "Okay, any questions?"