The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What Chinese Zodiac animal are you?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Tyga

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Tiger
  • Coloring: White and gray
  • Currently: Lost in Time. Lost in Space
What Chinese Zodiac animal are you?
« on: April 29, 2014, 09:51:56 AM »
My curiosity has been aroused. How closely do you match the description given of your sign?

http://www.chinesezodiac.com/calculator.php

I'm a Earth Horse
It's scarely accurate

Offline Honey Bun

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Scurry Furry Fury!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Bunny
  • Coloring: White fur with brown patches and a few patches of light brown spots on her thighs.
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 200lbs.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: I am bunny- watch me hop. *floofy hopping*
Re: What Chinese Zodiac animal are you?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 01:37:55 AM »
I'm a water monkey.

It's decently accurate, I suppose. A good amount of the traits make sense. I had a lot of the other traits as a child but I grew out of them(or toned them down, at least). ^_^
*hops away*

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 04:13:30 AM »
Metal Dragon
Highly accurate, compared to me 4 years ago, it would be nonaccurate
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:19:02 AM by TheFluorescentVulpes »
wired as right now

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 05:00:49 AM »
I got tiger on one a while back, but it was on a Happy Meal.  XP

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 09:44:07 AM »
I'm a metal goat apparently. Well it seems mostly good, although I don't agree with the jobs picked, working with the flock, and appreciation for cultures parts.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 12:27:35 PM »
Wood Dog

I personally find it very generic though

Spoiler for Hidden:
Wood Dogs also prefer being part of the pack as this environment builds self-confidence. Although timid in the beginning, Wood Dogs eventually can become excellent companions. They’re easy-going and adaptable, warm-hearted faithful.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 02:24:19 PM »
Be careful with these things, there's actually a well studied psychological phenomena called the Forer Effect which states that "Given a series of a general information, the person will instinctively and unconsciously relate the information to be specifically about them". In a sense, these descriptions are quite general, but you find them specifically catering for your needs because your mind intentionally does this.

I actually did a test on Chinese Zodiacs right here on this site! (Found here: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=22685.0) Essentially, I asked people to fill out a survey that asked them a bunch of unrelated questions I wasn't interested in, but there were two questions out of the many that I was interested in.

1. When were you born
  2. Which personality file do you think relates to you mostly

These personality files were all chinese zodiacs (but no one knew that), with the exception of 2 personality files that I had made up. Deception was used to hide people away from the [true] nature of the test (I told people it was just for fun to see some information about furries).

Ideally, if Chinese zodiacs did accurately describe behavior in a specific way (so that the Forer effect is not to blame), then people should pick, at least with a relative positive correlation, the personality file that was their zodiac. IE: If their zodiac predicted the A personality file, then they should pick the A personality file as the one that best describes them.

Out of the sample that answered, zero (not a single one) got their personality files correct with their zodiac, surprisingly a lot of people picked my fake personality files. This provides evidence (but does not prove) the primary reason Zodiacs work is because of the Forer effect, where you misinterpret the vague information to believe it's saying something about you.
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline seltzervi

• Avid Aardvark
  • Hai there! *hugs everyone*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: goat/fox/racoon/gargoyle hybrid
  • Coloring: Purple and pink horns and tail, gray fur with dark grey "freckles", and ice blue (almost white!) eyes.
  • Height: About four feet tall.
  • Weight: 80-ish pounds.
  • Build: Petite
  • Currently: I REALLY need to start coming on more often :/
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 02:44:21 PM »
I am a metal dragon c:
It sort of represents me, but not really :/
I can only relate to a few things.

Offline Elisif

• Avid Aardvark
  • Nap timez
    • Awards
  • Species: zangoose
  • Coloring: red and white
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 49
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Formal wear... UGH!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 02:50:30 PM »
I'm an earth tiger, but my personalities are the total opposite. Screw it I'm a rainbow tiger!
  • Signature art by: ME!
The is where I write stuff right? STUFF!

"Everyone needs a rival
Someone who can spur you on
And make you feel invincible
The thrill is irresistible" - Ken Ashcorp

Offline Tyga

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Tiger
  • Coloring: White and gray
  • Currently: Lost in Time. Lost in Space
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »
@ Anoni

You have missed the point of this thread. I'm not promoting the chinese zodiac or any zodiac for that matter. I was curious to see if people would relate to the zodiac assigned to them. I have also done my own experiments on this but did it in the opposite way. I handed a group of people the zodiac minus the dates etc and then asked then which one best suited this other person here. 8/10 of them guessed the right zodiac for the other person just based on the description of each one.

I am well aware of the Forer Effect, I am also aware that if you tell a person something often enough then they will start to believe it.

I do disagree with the fact that you decided you had to come onto this thread and try to discredit a belief system by scienceing all over the place. I may not believe in this but there are plenty who do and I find it annoying when someone tries to mess with a persons beliefs.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 04:45:39 AM »
@ Anoni

You have missed the point of this thread. I'm not promoting the chinese zodiac or any zodiac for that matter. I was curious to see if people would relate to the zodiac assigned to them. I have also done my own experiments on this but did it in the opposite way. I handed a group of people the zodiac minus the dates etc and then asked then which one best suited this other person here. 8/10 of them guessed the right zodiac for the other person just based on the description of each one.

I am well aware of the Forer Effect, I am also aware that if you tell a person something often enough then they will start to believe it.

I do disagree with the fact that you decided you had to come onto this thread and try to discredit a belief system by scienceing all over the place. I may not believe in this but there are plenty who do and I find it annoying when someone tries to mess with a persons beliefs.

I never said you were promoting the Chinese Zodiac. From my understanding, this thread is about Chinese Zodiacs or more specifically "how closely does a Chinese Zodiac relate to you",  I base that entirely off the Original Post. So, I offered my explanation on why Zodiacs may closely resemble, or not resemble, specific people and provided evidence for my claim. I think this is valuable input for a thread that is all about how closely a Zodiac relates with you. And I never said Zodiacs were wrong, I never said people who believed in Zodiacs were wrong (I never even said you or anyone in this thread believed in Zodiacs), you'll notice I never claimed anything of the sort. I just showed what I had found on the matter, you disagree with those findings and that's absolutely fine, but there is no reason to be offended by them. I'm not attempting to infringe on anyone's beliefs, I'm just stating my belief on the matter of why "Chinese Zodiacs relate to you" and if you're offended by my belief than I apologize. But it is my belief and I think it is relevant to the topic at hand.
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Colioli4

• Dancing Dragon
  • One furry for all, all furries for one!!!!!
    • Awards
  • Species: Husky (And part Vulpix/ part Mew: Internet does not lie!!!)
  • Coloring: black and white (more black than white)
  • Height: 1,80 meter
  • Weight: 65 kilo's
  • Build: Lean, stealthy
  • Currently: I haz returnd to ze Forums!!! Hello everyone, and nice to meet ya all!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 06:17:17 AM »
Fire Pig

And the description even kinda fits!  XD
  • Avatar by: No avatar found yet... Anyone??? :?

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army.

Offline Milly Snowpawz

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: White Tigress
  • Currently: NO
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 08:29:16 PM »
Earth or Air Rabbit i cant remember,,,,,, Tyga enlighten me im not awake enough to click links

but froom memory  it suited parts of my actual self.
Like Rawr and Stuff