The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Elysium[OoC/Closed]  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Cyril

• Pompous Rogue
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Probably not Anubis
    • Awards
  • Species: Jackal
  • Coloring: Dark Gray
  • Height: 1.8m/6ft
  • Build: Beef cake or average.
  • Currently: Inventory and General Merchandising Manager; still not getting paid enough
Elysium[OoC/Closed]
« on: June 04, 2014, 04:12:43 AM »
Posting order is as follows;
Cyrille, Enigir, Elisif, H., Adrian, Chrono

Elysium; the fields of blessings. Such an afterlife used to be a dream, but those who reside there used to be able to say much different.
Ideally, one would never die in an afterlife. But after a revolution, and release from the bounds; people wanted mortality and excitement. Elysium, the once paradise of invincibility collapsed and reconstructed under the rule of Nefeli; a just and strong willed serpent. Once an afterlife, Elysium became a second earth, with a bit more possibility; a bit more magic, a longer life, and a bit more danger. As the gods began to forsake this area, the souls within it reproduced, and began life there as their second try.
But that was a millennium ago. By the time our tale begins, the residents of Elysium have long forgotten that past, and of Nefeli and her revolution. Elysium has returned to a living dystopia, without watch of the gods or immortality. The people have retained their various magics, although the family carried down its titles and spells through years; it is now deemed that one is born with magic, rather than learns.

Our story begins with several heroes, all with a common fate; they were removed from Elysium. Sent to the wasteland, they now stand at the ornate gates of Elysium, with various depictions of Nefeli; their backs to everything they've ever known and their fronts to the unknown desert that awaits, at least until they return to the once paradise....

~Alright guys, introductions out. Y'all know the char. sheet drill, but let me lay down some rules:
No *he goes to the door* style roleplaying. This is the Seirous RP board!
Please, no characters with godly magic with no limits.
You can also do physical abilities with no magic.
Everybody has a blatant family line. Nobody just appeared as an orphan in this case. The family doesn't have to be happy or alive, but they raised your character until at least 10. The family also bears the same general abilities as the characters do, but at different skill levels(obviously). Basically, if your ancestor wasn't a healer neither are you. Your ancestor could have been a horrid healer, and you could have been a great one or visa versa.
Please, don't just follow my actions in the thread. Have individual characters that affect the plot, put in some effort! Every response counts.
Age range is 18+, for logical reasons. Surnames should be Mediterranean(Greek/Latin preferred), if used. Just to fit in with the theme. Given names can be literally anything.
Once we start, there will be a posting order, so please try to be relatively active. If you don't post within 3 days, we will skip you.

Magic rulings; one expertise level and two basic level types. See my sheet.

*Sample Sheet*
Name: Nicholas Spiritius
Species: Gray Lynx
Associated/eye color: Gold
Height/Weight: 6'3"/170lbs
Appearance description: Nicholas has a rather toned build, with a rather tight outfit to show it. Even in the desert, he often wears a dark plum top with silver bracelets upon his biceps; accented with amethyst. His pants are normally a black pair that are tight, however on the day of his exit he was wearing a looser pair with another ornate belt.
Abilities/weapons:
Natural Telekinesis; He has often used his telekinesis more on himself, in order to push his physical attacks for more power. However, he is fully able to use it on several objects; though he has several weight limitations and must use more focus to overcome forces that aren't gravity.
Amateur Divination; Although he's not very good at it, Nicholas may see the future or past through glimpses in reflective or transparent surfaces(with no particular indication of which he's seeing). His sights are more likely to confuse him, and are heavily ambiguous or clips.
Advanced Summoning; Nicholas's true skill is within his ability to conjure servants and physical objects. With little effort, he is able to magically alter his environment, though his spells are all temporary. Though he has yet to dip into arts surrounding souls, his future glimpses imply that he may be able to.
Weapons; His most common attacks surround a conjured orb. Mimicking a crystal orb, he pairs this with his telekinesis and hand to hand skills to overwhelm his enemies(in theory).
Title(inherited from family): Seer of Miracles
Brief Family/Personal History: The Spiritius family's trademark is their divination magic, although Nicholas lacks the talent that many assume. The family's title comes from their theoretical ability to allow one to see miracles through knowledge, but applies more to their ability to show the lack of miracles in a situation. Their ability is renowned, and thus the family is rather well off due to a few favors, but that means little, now....
Sin(reason for banishment): Lust(inspired by envy).
Personality: Apathetic, cocky, but hot headed and easily inwardly jealous. He often needs to feel attention from others, and without it he may have a mood swing in the negative direction. Due to this, he has playboy tendencies and reputation. He has been known to charm others through talk, but he's normally talkative while bearing his blank tone and stare. His views are also rather pessimistic, and he stubbornly wishes to be called by Spiritius, rather than Nicholas.

Do not elaborate too much information on the sin or family, but have a general idea in mind. If you can't tell, empty holes are very important.
Details are nice.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 06:56:52 AM by Cyrille »
Jesus didn't die for this.
~
Art by Horrorbuns. Character is mine.
Feel free to message me anytime, I'm not as much of a jerk as I seem.

Offline Whitepaw Niniichi/Enigir Shosa

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
  • Species: A native Australian Dingo!
  • Coloring: Hazel eyes, messy dark brown head hair, orange and white body fur.
  • Height: I keep forgetting~! Heh...
  • Weight: I keep not checking...ehhhheheheh...
  • Build: Lithe, athletic features lent to me by a few years of competitive cycling. Not much clearly defined musculature but I have big legs!
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: What is worse - to think too much or not enough? Both seem abhorrent...
Re: Elysium[Open/OoC]
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 04:59:51 AM »
Aw yeah! Words and stuff!
Seriously this piques my interest SO much - I can't ignore it! Here is what I have for my character. I hope it is acceptable :)
Name: Enigir ("Shosius" okay?).
Eye Colour: Green.
Height/Weight: (approx for both) 6"3'/80 kilograms.
Appearance: purple hair in a ponytail, a pink scrunchie, a tight blue cycling jersey with a grey stripe in the middle and charcoal shoulder designs, long charcoal pants, no shoes.
Weapons and powers: custom red anodised katana with silver grip and rubber grip sides;
Arc magic; when one waves an arm a beam of electrical looking energy spears out. Clicking ones fingers causes minor magical detonations along the arc as well as one larger one at the end. With this one spell Enigir has four techniques; fire, water, wind and earth. Whilst only one spell it is highly versatile yet Enigir only knows these four spells. This is largely a clan bloodline spell. (I can shorten the amount of elements one can add to the spell if this helps).
Clan Title: Lord of the Eastern Lands (title revoked)
Brief clan history: The (Shosa/Shosius) clan was the epitome if high society and Enigir's father was a great ruler. However Enigir decided that life in the road suited him more and he milked the family of his share if it's worth and skills before renouncing his crest and clan, making off for a life if adventure...
Sin: Sloth (mild Pride)
Personality: Enigir is a bouncy, happy-go-lucky guy who often spends more time being fun than he does being serious. In a combat situation (or any other that requires focus) he turns tactical and cold as the ice that is rumoured to follow his clan's footsteps...
Enigir takes great pride in his sword skills and should he lose a match, provided he isn't critically injured he tends to sulk for days. He will often fall into stupors as his mind falls back to the home he left behind, and during these falls he can be persuaded to do almost anything...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:16:20 AM by Enigir Shosa »
  • Avatar by: I am by and large responsible for my own artwork.
  • Signature art by: Moderator Mr. Razot for the FDF logo! YAY MR. RAZOT!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Elisif

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Nap timez
    • Awards
  • Species: zangoose
  • Coloring: red and white
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 49
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Formal wear... UGH!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 11:56:32 AM »
Name: Jogete Machina
Species: Fox
Associated/eye color: Grey
Height/Weight: 5'9/130lbs
Appearance description: Jogete has messy orange hair, wears a plain dark green T-Shirt, grey jeans and a pair of goggles on his head
Abilities/weapons:
Mechanical Exoskeleton: A creation he stole from the lab when his parents were out, normally disguised as his backpack, it could multiply his strength by five times for an hour or two before requiring a recharge from a quartz crystal
Gearbox: His backpack houses a bunch of miniature clockwork constructs that can be used to attack a specific target or area with the control of a customized laser, though it isn't lethal and couldn't kill, they're useful for distracting enemies
Construct control: As long as anything mechanical does not have a sentient mind or has a will of its own, he could take control of it by controlling its gears and hydraulics from a short range but could not force them to attack
Weapons; A one-shot clockwork rifle that has to be charged by magic, though still experimental, it works fine when dealing with few enemies
Title(inherited from family): Tool Maker
Brief Family/Personal History: The Machina family was known for dealing in the black market, buying illegal supplies for their creations and experiments
Sin(reason for banishment): Greed
Personality: Jogete is an easily bored 5-second interest person who needs constant activity. Though he is curious in new things, he wouldn't care if he is doing something else at the moment. Inheriting some traits from his family, he tends to be stubborn when things don't go his way, and would even ruin the plan if he doesn't like it.

Hope this is accepted
  • Signature art by: ME!
The is where I write stuff right? STUFF!

"Everyone needs a rival
Someone who can spur you on
And make you feel invincible
The thrill is irresistible" - Ken Ashcorp

Offline Cyril

• Pompous Rogue
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Probably not Anubis
    • Awards
  • Currently: Inventory and General Merchandising Manager; still not getting paid enough
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 02:45:46 PM »
Both are nice, I'm especially fond of the gear theme; Elisif. I'll probably wait a day or two and start up the thread when we have 4-5 players.
~

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 09:40:19 PM »
If you don't mind, I'll put in my name for the ballot.

Name: Xerxes Maris
Species: Racoon
Associated/eye color: Hazel
Height/Weight: 6'4"/ 215 lbs
Appearance description: Xerxes has well kept black hair, wears a heavy red coat, olive drab cargo pants, and sound dampening earmuffs.
Abilities/weapons:
M.A.D. Pack: A weapon of a unique design, the M.A.D. Pack creates very high and very low frequencies at an aggressive rate.  These disorient anyone who happens to be standing close enough, and are lethal in extended exposure.  The pack can also shake solid objects apart.
Three foot long Monkey-Wrench.
Title: Resonator(Given by family).
Brief Family/ Personal History:  The Maris family were a bustling group of inventors.  Each member studied something different, and created tools that utilize this.
Sin: Wrath.
Personality:  Xerxes is quick to anger, and quicker to act.  After an unfair fight left him beaten, he realized that one must get ahead, not even.  His curiosity can get the best of him, and Xerxes spends most of his time shaking small solid objects to dust with the M.A.D.

Offline Cyril

• Pompous Rogue
  • Boisterous Bear
  • Probably not Anubis
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 10:04:33 PM »
Interesting personalities!
I'll take two more players before I close joining.
The thread will be up tomorrow under the same title; the posting order is the same order of joining.
Late additions will be fine, but if we're past the first round they will have to PM me/post in here so we can work out how they will join.
I am quite excited.
~

Offline Adrian_Kruezotter

• Avid Aardvark
  • Secretive Serpent
    • Awards
  • Species: Snake
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 7'11"
  • Weight: 563 lbs.
  • Build: Very well built and muscular
  • Currently: Lurking in the dark of your closet...
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 09:47:50 PM »
Name: Adrian Kruezotter
Species: Snake (none in particular, rather a mix of different species, mostly resembling the anaconda, but does have poisonous fangs. You can see the resemblance in the description.)
Associated/eye color: bright green irises, black sclera (Associated with a dark-grey blue color.)
Height/Weight: 7’11”, 539 lbs
Appearance description: Huge and very muscular, with some small scars and bruises upon his body, mostly self-inflicted from self-discipline. Long tail, black scales upon thick skin, long black scales similar to claws on his huge hands. Tends to wear old, dark-colored military uniforms from different ages and wars, primarily that of the World Wars, which he takes high interest in. He is into philosophy and fine arts, especially that of the culinary arts, and is renown in the prison for his philosophical poetry.
Abilities/weapons: Adrian has the ability to see all around him, and even penetrate walls with his gaze. This is due to certain abnormal features, such as his extreme case of hyper-electromagnetic sensitivity, as well as his capability to echo-locate, and his quite keen eyes allow him to even read a very small item from very great distances. see and very dark environments, and notice the thinnest of wires and quickest of movements. He can also hear the faintest of noises, including heart-beats, and feel the slightest vibration on the ground below him, even taste the smell of certain things, like iron in the air meaning blood had been in the area recently. He also has the ability of being able to master any type of weapon incredibly fast with great ease, and is a master of hand to hand combat. Despite his ability to handle weapons, he prefers only to use swords or knives, and never uses a gun. He is fast to react, although his great size makes him slow to walk, as well as strong and intelligent as he is large. He uses his fangs, tail, and claws as weapons, and can use his huge feet and very long, very thick tail to aid him in acts of balancing, which constantly aids him in his mastery of martial arts, primarily Snake style kung-fu and Zui-Quan wushu. (Drunken fist technique) His black scales allow him to hide in the shadows, but those will sharp enough senses will be able to acknowledge his presence, and if his eyes are open, they will give him away, and thus would need to rely on his echo-location and hyper-electromagnetic sensitivity, which only shows his environment in pulses or when something is in close enough proximity, which could allow someone to sneak up on him with a ranged weapon if he isn't careful enough. This makes him very vulnerable when hiding to snipers. He is also very good at making traps and using poisons. All these qualities allow him to be one of the most deadly of assassins. He constantly uses his superb intelligence and physical capability (as to which he also has incredible reflexes) as his most deadly of weapons, aside from his venomous fangs. He can also use his intelligence to manipulate and corrupt others to his will, and is very successful at doing so, but only weak-minded people. He is also adept in sleight-of-hand, illusions, escape-artistry, and “psychic readings”, which is really his use of very advanced psychology, the same techniques he uses to manipulate others with weak will. Commonly, he uses his great psychological knowledge to induce fear in others, as well as to hypnotize people (although again, only those with weak will) using his bright green eyes and using their state in order to use his psychological knowledge to find out about his target’s life, and will sometimes use certain threats relating to their lives to impose himself greatly. However, he is not without weaknesses. His hyper-sensitive traits allow him to be harmed or disoriented by loud noises, strong odors, bright lights, and powerful movements beneath his feet. As well as this, any sign of affection from others would put him in a highly confused state, causing him to slip into a kind of awake coma, a state he could be in for years. At times, his unstable mind causes him to be pseudo-suicidal, causing him to commit acts of which it would be possible for him to die, and a strong enough push could cause him to fall into a fully insane state. Adrian is can also be weakened by temperatures over 70 degrees F, due to a sensitivity to warmth, or his hyper-electromagnetic sensitivity disrupted by a strong enough magnetic field, and high-pitched frequencies can also do a substantial amount of harm to his ears.
Title(inherited from family): The Bogeyman
Brief Family/Personal History: The name of Kruezotter has been associated with the darkest of secrets the world has had to offer. From the most disturbing serial killers, to satanic cults within governments, to inhuman experiments in the Nazi government during the second world war, the Kruezotter family is filled with an evil unlike any other. Adrian himself has been involved in occult activities, and has formed himself to be one of the most perfect killing machines. Upon this, he has evolved into a psychopathic, cannibalistic serial killer, with a great intelligence unlike any other. Some believe his punishment was planned by him, others believe it to be a miracle. Adrian only knows, but his incredible intellect tells us he has plans in store for Elysium.
Sin(reason for banishment): Wrath
Personality: A very solemn and grim appearance justifies his very philosophic attitude, as well as his patient and highly passive-aggressive nature. He is a person who tends to be very focused, and depending on circumstances, sometimes even borderline obsessed. He is a hard worker, and can be a very dedicated friend. He is a very silent person, but whenever he does speak, it is something very deep and thought-provoking. Despite his seemingly highly logical mind lies the thoughts of a complete fear-monger. Quoted on the day of his banishment by Professor Thomas Hughes, “Adrian is more than just a pure psychopath. There words to describe him are… non-existing. His great intellect is something to be feared, and if the day comes that he walks within our midst once again, I pray God help us all from this… this Angel of Death.” Even the media could take the hint that Adrian was terrifying, both physically and psychologically. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:11:59 PM by Adrian_Kruezotter »
What such beauty hides such sweet sorrow, a black rose, dew-drops upon the leaves, yet with thorns like death's cold blade. The serpent of temptations, the raven of omens, and the spider of poison, all such beautiful creatures marked as Death. Alas, the pale horse comes. Come Samael, come! Come forth, Asmodeus, Astaroth, Beelzebub, Ba'alberith, Leviathan, Lucifer! We are Legion!

They call me the Boogeyman...

Offline Cyril

• Pompous Rogue
  • Boisterous Bear
  • Probably not Anubis
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 05:49:40 AM »
Adrian, with no offense. I feel master of stealth, weapons, and manipulation is a bit much. I'd ask that you slim down your characters abilities a bit more to keep it balanced. At most; 1 mastered and the rest basic/intermediate.
IE: Acute senses; can master weapons quickly, but hasn't experienced every weapon yet. Has also displayed talent in manipulating others, but can't always do so.
The main reason is because your character seems very tanky, and if he's all ready all powerful, there's no development that'll happen and it'll stiffen the plot.

To the others; the post is started. The order is as follows(as of now);
Cyrille, Enigir, Elisif, H. Rayleonarde III, and then Adrian[assuming the sheet is cleaned up].

I'll take only one more late addition, but we'll have to work out your entry.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 06:45:03 AM by Cyrille »
~

• Avid Aardvark
  • Secretive Serpent
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 07:30:09 PM »
Adrian, with no offense. I feel master of stealth, weapons, and manipulation is a bit much. I'd ask that you slim down your characters abilities a bit more to keep it balanced. At most; 1 mastered and the rest basic/intermediate.
IE: Acute senses; can master weapons quickly, but hasn't experienced every weapon yet. Has also displayed talent in manipulating others, but can't always do so.
The main reason is because your character seems very tanky, and if he's all ready all powerful, there's no development that'll happen and it'll stiffen the plot.

To the others; the post is started. The order is as follows(as of now);
Cyrille, Enigir, Elisif, H. Rayleonarde III, and then Adrian[assuming the sheet is cleaned up].

I'll take only one more late addition, but we'll have to work out your entry.

Better? I also added some weaknesses to help out.
What such beauty hides such sweet sorrow, a black rose, dew-drops upon the leaves, yet with thorns like death's cold blade. The serpent of temptations, the raven of omens, and the spider of poison, all such beautiful creatures marked as Death. Alas, the pale horse comes. Come Samael, come! Come forth, Asmodeus, Astaroth, Beelzebub, Ba'alberith, Leviathan, Lucifer! We are Legion!

Offline Cyril

• Pompous Rogue
  • Boisterous Bear
  • Probably not Anubis
    • Awards
Re: Elysium[Only 1 Spot(Late addition)/Currently Started]
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 07:46:17 PM »
I'm asking you to full down the abilities.
Simply put, if he could kill another character with ease; it's too much. Weaknesses won't cut it with the arsenal you've given this character.
~

• Avid Aardvark
  • Secretive Serpent
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 09:19:25 PM »
Better? Btw, you should know, at least he doesn't use magic. I think that might be a big thing here. He has to think, and can't directly see the future. He can only see quite a bit around him, but as mentioned, his echo-location's flaw is that it comes out in pulses, and his hyper-electromagnetic sensitivity is limited within a certain proximity. He uses his patience and intellect to his advantage by setting up booby-traps and lying in wait. (Like a snake. See?) He definitely has physical capability, and is pretty strong and good at fighting, but in a place in an RP like this, it is very likely he could be matched by others.

Offline Cyril

• Pompous Rogue
  • Boisterous Bear
  • Probably not Anubis
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 09:50:55 PM »
Rest assured that I would drag a magic user just as much as I am to your character if it was fit.
My initial problem was with the full on ability to see everywhere, master of all sword arts, and full on manipulation.
Even if there are magic users against this person of physicality and logic, with the initial set up they would stand little chance in theory.
Please note that magic users have to think as well, and the future powers are far from anything my character is good at, so far.
Skills refine through roleplay. If there are characters who have little to refine, they shouldn't be in play.
Anyway; I am awaiting the posts, now. Unless another adds, this is the final line up.
~

• Avid Aardvark
  • Secretive Serpent
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 10:00:06 PM »
So is my guy okay now, though?

Offline Cyril

• Pompous Rogue
  • Boisterous Bear
  • Probably not Anubis
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 10:29:17 PM »
Ye B)
~

Offline Whitepaw Niniichi/Enigir Shosa

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
  • Species: A native Australian Dingo!
  • Coloring: Hazel eyes, messy dark brown head hair, orange and white body fur.
  • Height: I keep forgetting~! Heh...
  • Weight: I keep not checking...ehhhheheheh...
  • Build: Lithe, athletic features lent to me by a few years of competitive cycling. Not much clearly defined musculature but I have big legs!
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: What is worse - to think too much or not enough? Both seem abhorrent...
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 02:14:54 AM »
Did my bit awhile back. Let's rock and make this a tale to remember, guys!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • Avatar by: I am by and large responsible for my own artwork.
  • Signature art by: Moderator Mr. Razot for the FDF logo! YAY MR. RAZOT!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!