The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shattered Spirits IC  (Read 5204 times)

Offline SinGenesis

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Ear scratches are acceptable as a form of payment.
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes)
  • Coloring: Orange-red fur covering most of body, white fur on chest, neck and belly. Standard red fox coloration really.
  • Height: 5 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: Sixty-Five Kilograms/One-Hundred and Forty-Three Pounds.
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Depends on what you want me to be doing sweetie
Re: Shattered Spirits IC
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 02:48:16 AM »
((Here I come!)) Caspar growled slightly as the guard came in with a two litre bottle of water, the creaking door not doing his dehydration headache any good. "Drink it all down, I know your thirsty. You only get 2 glasses of water a day." The guard said as he unchained the teenage white lion's left paw, handing him the bottle. Caspar snatched it from him and began swallowing it in massive gulps, doing anything to quench his almost perpetual thirst. He finished it all quickly. "There." Caspar said with anger in his voice, the headache from his dehydration gone, but not his irritability. The Guard placed handcuffs around the lion's wrist, then he took out another pair, attaching one end to the chain that connected the first pair, the other end to his wrist. He half-dragged the cat along to the experiment room, where his handcuffs were taken off. "Ah, Number 107. Kindly look at your next test." The scientist said, gesturing to a handcuffed guard, who had been shortshackled to the floor, who was crying. "He almost let an experiment escape, again. He's become a liability to us, and since I want to see the effects of your water upon drowning someone, I want you to drown him. I don't care how, just make sure it isn't all over in two minutes. Observations take time to write." The scientist said. The glass partition between the lion and the ex-guard opened, Caspar advancing upon the guard. He placed his left paw on the guard's face, forcibly opening his mouth, he let the water flow in, the guard gurgling in the process, coughing up more and more water, Caspar's eyes glowing a bright blue as he forced the water in the guard's lungs to expand, forcing him to cough up more and more water, he then reduced it down and down to half it's size, allowing him to breathe again before resuming the torture, enjoying the guard pleas and cries. After about 5 minutes of bringing him to the brink of death and back again, he finally drowned him, water pouring out the man's nose and mouth in a stream. "Intriguing. I'll send him to the medical lab and wait for the result of the autopsy." The scientist said as Caspar was handcuffed and put back in his cell, the door closing.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

"Courage isn't about not being afraid. It's being afraid but doing what you have to do anyway."

Offline Whitepaw Niniichi/Enigir Shosa

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
  • Species: A native Australian Dingo!
  • Coloring: Hazel eyes, messy dark brown head hair, orange and white body fur.
  • Height: I keep forgetting~! Heh...
  • Weight: I keep not checking...ehhhheheheh...
  • Build: Lithe, athletic features lent to me by a few years of competitive cycling. Not much clearly defined musculature but I have big legs!
  • Currently: What is worse - to think too much or not enough? Both seem abhorrent...
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 12:50:38 AM »
     Several hours passed as Dr. Scamandro made the necessary preparations for the awakening of the final Zero number. He finished tinkering with each blood sample and loaded it into a specially designed cartridge. He paused as he inspected the blood-bender's sample. It was curiously active. After a long pause for consideration, perhaps longer than was warranted. Consequences or no the doctor loaded the sample into the final empty cartridge before loading each of the samples - including the water-bender and the late bloomer's samples collected earlier in the month - into a larger contraption. Mindful not to spike himself on any of it's sharper points Dr. Scamandro hurried it to central.
     Everyone was in position. It was time.
     The nasty looking device was inserted into the unawakened Zero number's tank. The modified blood samples were injected into the subject's body and the six string team assisting the process all began operating the machines which were keeping the suspended white wolf asleep. It kicked as it's body suddenly reacted to the pain if the needles and the first experiences of being alive that it could actively perceive. Relaxant, courtesy of a terrified Matsu, coursed through #0-6 as the blood samples did the same. The liquid in the tank drained away as Zero Six groggily opened his eyes. He just stood there as Dr. Scamandro removed the now empty sample injector.
     Now began the two or so weeks required to educate the subject...
  • Avatar by: I am by and large responsible for my own artwork.
  • Signature art by: Moderator Mr. Razot for the FDF logo! YAY MR. RAZOT!

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 01:22:14 AM »
As Edgar is taken back to his cell he scratches a quote into the wall (I never Feel pain....) He Sharpens his knife hand and looks at it contently before flicking his tounge in the air and standing up looking towards his door thinking about killing his first being,the screams of pain that flooded the test chamber before decapitating him
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline Nico

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black fur with green ears and paws, eyes are green
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 193lbs
  • Build: Slim and strong
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 02:30:57 AM »
       #3 sat and watched the other test subject get taken away back to his cell, that meant #3 would be next he didn't care though actually he was rather pleased with him self, the guards walked into the small social field and told #3 to stand so he did so not asking a question,they surrounded him and took him central instead of his cell for some odd reason. But he wasn't to worried probably just another test then all of a sudden #3 laughed, remembering that he had spiked a few of his blood samples making sure that whoever received that blood would have a very bad day ending in their eternal sleep.
"What are we doing at central" one guard asked
"That's a good question" another chimed in
"I know why" said an unfamiliar voice before three muffled shots rang out #3 turned around and punched the strange man across the face a crunch was heard and that told #3 his jaw broke the man fell dropping his handgun. #3 smiled and picked up the handgun, many thoughts entered his mind when he picked up the weapon quickly #3 took a guards clothing and shoved the body's into a shadow #3 threw the clothing on and walked the corridors looking for other experiments.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 08:36:12 AM »
Writer and his guard were intercepted by another guard and quickly lead into a small room where his blood was taken before his test's. He didn't like it, they never took his blood before a test, always after. He kept quiet, not wanting to worry his already visually worried guard friend till after they were away from the other, more serious looking guard. Unfortunately he didn't get the chance, the larger guard dismissing his friend for the day and leading writer away, back towards his room instead of towards central for his tests.

The two turned a corner moments later, Writer instantly recognizing #3 in disguise from the times they'd passed in the rec room. The large guard not being so lucky kept walking, half dragging writer towards the other test subject.

"You there! why aren't you at your station?"
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline aperson1

• Boisterous Bear
  • I couldn't make any good usernames so I got this.
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox (feral)
  • Coloring: Red
  • Height: 2.5 feet
  • Weight: 90 pounds
  • Currently: most likely doing something astronomy-related
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 03:15:29 PM »
Salf heard the alarms as soon as they went on. His remaining guard suddenly tensed, readied his rifle, glanced at Salf, and ran into another corridor. Soon, the intercom came on. subject #3 is loose at wing A- code C3. Capture it at all costs. A few guards rushed past now, carrying Tasers and containers of a smoke of some type attached to their backs.

However after the main group rushed by, a few subjects scattered here and there. Most of them he didn't know, but one he  could tell was #59- he was known to have a rebellious personality and had led an escape attempt several weeks ago. However, his power was that anyone who inflicts pain upon him gets twice as much, so he remained alive. One of the subjects had taken one of the Tasers and was practicing his aim on #33, who fell to the floor, twitching.

Salf remained there while the group of seven, he counted, ran by. Most didn't give him a second glance, but one of the laggers, a rough-looking raccoon, #17 according to his jacket, noticed him. He was known through the facility as being one of the most ruthless subjects there. He could summon knives, something he had obviously been doing, judging by a blood-stained butcher's knife he was holding. One of the other subjects saw #17 and ran up ahead. With a flick of his wrist, #17 got out a silver dagger and sent it hurtling towards the other subject, who was impaled through the neck and collapsed to the ground face-first.

#17 came closer, holding up the butcher's knife. His face curving into a smile. His fur was spattered with dry blood spots, turning it from a dark grey to an almost dark crimson color. Bending over Salf, he whispered in a raspy voice, "Any last words, 72?" taking a chop at Salf's right arm. Salf, letting out a howl of pain, fell to the floor. Why can't I summon knives, or have any powers whatsoever? Why do I have to be the only one to never know my power before I die? As #17 aimed the knife for Salf's head, he gave a sudden shriek of pain, and threw the knife to the side. #17 fell to his knees, uttering a cry of pure agony, eyes rolling back. He uttered a final croaking sound and fell to the floor.

Salf looked around in bewilderment at what just happened, looking for who saved him, but there was nobody. He kicked at #17 to see if he was still alive, but he didn't move. Then, a guard doing routine sweeps of the wing saw the situation, dead #17 and all, and ran up to Salf.

"You there, #72. You've got a lot of explaining to do."

rooby rooby [REDACTED]

Offline SinGenesis

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Orange-red fur covering most of body, white fur on chest, neck and belly. Standard red fox coloration really.
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2014, 10:54:57 AM »
107 heard the alarms, but didn't care. He'd let them kill each other off, no point in him wasting the little water he had. "Sounds like quite a party out there." He said grinning. Guards were trying to contain the situation, so Caspar went to bed. It had been ages since he last slept.

"Courage isn't about not being afraid. It's being afraid but doing what you have to do anyway."

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
  • Build: Lithe, athletic features lent to me by a few years of competitive cycling. Not much clearly defined musculature but I have big legs!
  • Currently: What is worse - to think too much or not enough? Both seem abhorrent...
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 03:03:56 AM »
     The Zero numbers glanced up at the intercom fitted into their personal living chamber as it crackled into life. Their bored and golden eyes seemed to shimmer into life when dr. Scamandro himself explained the situation.
     There had been a containment breach in wings A through to G. No less than three hundred and fifty primary experiments were suddenly and inexplicably out and rampaging.
     The intercom shut off and the Zero numbers all liked at each other.
     "Any theories?" Asked #0-5 as she scratched an itch on her knee.
     "Only an explanation..." Number Zero Three grinned manically. Her power over Pure Darkness - stemming from the comparatively weaker subject #3's Shadow Blending abilities - allowed her to work in both shadows and absolute darkness.
     "You did this?" Asked Zero four.
     "Way to provide some entertainment..." Purred Zero Two. He toyed with a small cut in his hand.
     "Needn't worry about working, though. My abilities can span the whole area in seconds. When everyone gets bored tell me and I'll shut the show down from here. Just like Scamandro wants."
     The Zero numbers laughed, not knowing their actions to be cruel...

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 06:58:51 AM »
Edgar watches as subject's scatter around he becomes angry,being stuck inside the cell having no other option's other then to wait after an hour edgar becomes fully enraged and begins filling the room with blood his appearance begin slowly changing tentacles appear on his back and his teeth sharpen and grow in length,his build grow's more muscular as armoured plates grow from his chest,his knife fuses with a solidified disc of blood making a throwable chakram-like weapon,he bursts out of the room splashing the red liquid everywhere he begins walking around...his word's in a backwards order "enoyreve lliK"
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline Nico

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black fur with green ears and paws, eyes are green
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 193lbs
  • Build: Slim and strong
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2014, 02:06:14 PM »
#3 looked at #74 with a blank expression "run." #3 starts to run full speed down the chaotic corridors other experiments killing each other blood painted the walls and the floor he saw small guard dispatches every once and a while that would get completely obliterated by the experiments he saw a hulking beast in the hallway and sprinted at it doing a power slide into his shadow hopefully #74 was able to keep up
        Before he left #3 activated the shadow he had put in his blood samples to make who ever got them suffer

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2014, 03:20:49 AM »
Writer packed and clicked with both hands, using the sound to destroy the arm restraints and stun the guard, pushing past him writer ran after #3. He avoided as many other people as he could while following #3, staying as close as he could until they say the large beast which caused him to stop for a moment. Watching #3 get past it forced him to try the same, running as fast as he could he closed his eyes and clapped, the shockwave shattering all the lights along the hallway and hitting anything else in the hallway itself like a brick wall made of air. Quickly slipping past the beast after clapping he keeps running, with no idea where he was going.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline aperson1

• Boisterous Bear
  • I couldn't make any good usernames so I got this.
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox (feral)
  • Coloring: Red
  • Height: 2.5 feet
  • Weight: 90 pounds
  • Currently: most likely doing something astronomy-related
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 05:36:21 PM »
"I swear, I don't know what happened."

The guard and Salf (#72) sat in a vacant cell/makeshift interrogation room. For the last 10 minutes, the guard had been trying to ask what happened to #17- one of their more valuable subjects, who now lay dead with no visible signs of anything that would cause death, except for several patches of dead brain cells indicative of a concussion or something, but there were no other signs of that. No matter how he phrased his question, Salf's answer was always the same. The guard might have checked one of the video cameras in the hall, except they had all been destroyed by the band of loose subjects.

"What were you doing when 17 was killed?"

"Well how should I know? He was about to kill me, and suddenly he screams and crumples."

Suddenly the guard let out a grunt and his hand rushed to his head. He slowly raised his head up and pointed at Salf.

"You. what did you just do?"

"I just did this."

The guard made another grunt and paused for a moment before saying,

"Explain to me what you're doing, but don't do it."

"It's hard to describe, you sort of just do it. It's something that you don't want to concentrate too hard on, and sometimes do it without trying to. Sort of like falling asleep."

The guard took out his radio and whispered something that sounded like code 9994 into it. He turned back to Salf.

"I think you've found your power. You need to get that thing under control, though. First, we-"

From the radio came a slightly panicked voice- No time for that, Garrett. We need all guards urgently at wing A3- A band of subjects has made a center of operations there, armed with standard-issue rifles and, reportedly, tasers. They must be neutralized at all costs.

The guard picked up his rifle, and dragged Salf with him.

"Don't even think of trying to run away too. I'll personally shoot you if you try any of that as many times as I have to."

On the way to A3, Salf played around and practiced with his power- he could feel the minds of most of the living beings around him, from the guards to a stray ant wandering on the roof of the facility. He could also feel the minds of a few a couple hundred feet away- they were very easily detectable, but he couldn't reach into their minds- as if something was blocking them from him.

By far the strongest mind of all was that of the guard next to him. Salf could feel his emotions, reach into his memories. He could probably access his worst nightmare if he tried- ah, there it is.

Without a second thought, Salf flooded his optic nerve with a new message, one purely made of his greatest fear. He destroyed a few select parts of the brain for certain processes, and knocked the guard into a coma. When he wakes up, he will have the intelligence of a 5-year old, along with a heavily altered memory, he thought to himself

Salf bent down and took the guard's rifle. He found a nearby rat and made it bite off and swallow the tracking device embedded in the guard's radio. He took the guard's helmet, activated the HUD, and found the nearest guard, conveniently placed beside a weak spot in the facility defenses. He made the guard shoot his rifle at the weak wall several times until it was out of ammunition. He then made him pry open the holes until his hands were too maimed from prying at bent metal to properly move.

Wasting no time, Salf ran across the labyrinth, with the aid of the HUD map, and located the broken wall. By now, several other guards were rushing towards the wall. Too many to stop with his mind, but it didn't matter. The hole was almost large enough to go through. He fired some more shots in a circle, kicked out the area in between, and climbed through the hole, into the blinding sunlight beyond

rooby rooby [REDACTED]

Offline SinGenesis

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 05:09:37 PM »
Caspar got up, feeling refreshed and ready for revenge. He left his room, grabbing and tackling a guard, drowning him within 30 seconds. He went over to the water cooler, lifted off the gallon tank and drank it dry. He instantly grabbed someone with a knife who threatened him and pumped their veins full of water until they burst. He continued his killing spree, using high pressure water jets to blast through the guards skulls, the effect being the same as if they had been shot in the head. "Oh, this is fun!" He screamed, killing lots of guards. "I'm enjoying this revenge, it's hot and dripping for once." He licked his lips as he began tearing one of the guards limb from limb, enjoying the screams of one of his captors.

• Foxy Fox
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2014, 01:59:36 AM »
     As #0-6 was moving under the escort of who he presumed to be his father (Dr. Scamandro), he suddenly felt tingly all over. And then that tingle turned violent.
     Spikes of blood red colour and substance both shot through and out of the body of the sixth Zero number.
     Howling in agony the product of decades of research collapsed and rolled around on the impenetrable tines layering it's entire body. Eventually though the howling stopped and #0-6 simply stood in a tripod of blood, seemingly dead.
    The air rippled and convulsed. Dr. Scamandro knew the feeling well. It was the feeling of raw magic about to work unpredictably upon the world around it. He took cover...

In the numbered chambers the Zero Numbers all howled and roared at the ceiling as their blood betrayed them.
     It was Zero Two, the immediate product if research on #52, who moved first. He snarled and gnashed his teeth as he activated his abilities and put them to work. Before long the other Zero Numbers in the chamber were all on their backs and gasping for air but otherwise no longer representing living pincushions.
     "What was that!?" Demanded number Zero Five, wrath in her voice.
     "I know not yet, but have a firm suspicion," gasped Zero Two, blood dripping from his mouth from the exertion. Full control of his powers yet evaded him but already he could knit the fabric of living tissue back together.
     "Look at us! We're covered in scars! Or perfect bodies ruined!" Howled Number Zero One, her whole body shaking.
     "Now now, pride." Grimaced Zero Three, her voice echoing unusually. "Why don't we take some revenge?"
     "How?" Snapped Zero Five.
     "One of the lesser primary experiments must be responsible for this. That's obvious. But we don't know who. So why not just let me deal with the situation myself? After all, Scamandro said we surpassed all the little primary trash anyway. So why not take care of cleanup for him? It might even earn us some favour. What do you say?"
     The assembled Zero numbers grinned.
     "Stay still now," Zero Three grinned. Her body twitched as pure darkness flowed from it as an improbable speed, consuming bathe huge room in less than a second and the halls of the facility just as quickly. From everywhere the fatness was came the now childlike and definitely echoing voice of the Zero number in charge of it all.
     "It seems you were right about the sixth one, I can see him running around now. He's kind of cute. I also see Scamandro. Hello doctor. Fancy seeing you here in the middle of everything. Take
My hand." The zero numbers all listened to the ones used conversation and flicked their ears to the noise of Dr. Scamandro suddenly appearing in the room. They could not, however, see him.
     "What!?" Asked the man incredulously.
     "Just like the shadow blender you made me from, I can transport anything anywhere there is pure darkness. I can practically access the world right now. Isn't it a nice place? Oh look, an Iaran tank in the middle of battle. I could go from there right to the enemy you know. But I have things to do in the Area."
     "What things?" Asked Scamandro.

Tentacles if pure darkness shot over every surface of the Area and every time a primary so much as glimpsed the darkness it was all over. Rods of blackness skewered them all as mercilessly as the Zero Numbers had been skewered by their own blood.
     "Hmm. I feel like there should be more." Came the voice of Zero Three. "Oh well. I feel like I should let everyone know that anyone who isn't a soldier or a scientist is stone cold dead. I'm currently in every corner of every surface in the facility. I must have SO many people to thank for giving me this amazing opportunity. I think I'll leave everyone where they are to pick up the pieces. This is Zero Number Three, wishing everyone a pleasant day. I'll be going back to my cell now. Take care,"
     Within as many seconds as it had arrived the all consuming darkness that was part the power of and part the soul of Zero Three shot right back to the room where it had come from.

Back in the cell the Zero Number shivered as her darkness flowed back into her body. Dr. Scamandro was in awe.
     "By the way doctor, the sixth one of us has escaped with maybe a handful of others. As it is I didn't take much of a look at the situation. Now if you please, I feel tired and the others probably want to lick their wounds. So I bid you good day."
     "Yes. Good day." The doctor, less afraid and more curious, cleared the containment codes and left the area. All over the facility what staff that were not mad it maimed began picking up the pieces of their facility.

He was exhausted. Who was he? What was he? What was "he"? He was running and wasn't going to stop. The monster was behind him. He had to run to stay alive. But why was he alive? What was being alive and what did it mean? Why was there a monster anyway? For now it mattered little. As the holes in his body bled the white and red-stained canine Anthro ran after the group as they sprinted north-west. Into the sunlight.

SHATTERED SPIRITS CHAPTER ZERO-ONE CLOSED.
     Chapter Zero-Two: Endless Questions.

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2014, 12:50:57 AM »
Edgar crawls a few feet from the facility his Lvl 2 body absorbed the blow and launced him through a nearby window Edgar now a pale-red beast gained enough strength to stand up he kills a small rabbit and drinks the blood he stands back up and grabs a nearby dead guard stealing his clothes,before long the once white under shirt was red-pink Edgar finds a gas mask and fits it to his head and begins regenerating the very little strength he has left,he think's to himself "which side can I trust?..." this thought goes on and on repeatedly inside his head,he ponders if any more experiment's escaped....he doubt's any did