The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Interest check for a sword and sorcery roleplay  (Read 954 times)

Offline Uncle Doggy

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Compulsive tail chaser
    • Awards
  • Species: Sheltie / Papillon cross
  • Coloring: Red and White
Interest check for a sword and sorcery roleplay
« on: September 07, 2014, 01:50:42 AM »
  I am looking for people interested in a serious group roleplay. I would need someone to play a villain and a few more to play villagers who would have to face the villain. I would be playing one of the villagers and if necessary the villain as well, though I would prefer to have someone else for that role.

The following is the starter:

The Kingdom of Adylath had almost no history of seismic activity, yet for the past year, the village of Norview had been experiencing frequent Earthquakes, and nobody knew why. They started out very mild, only an occasional brief rumble from the ground, but as time passed, they steadily grew more intense. After a year, the Earthquakes were strong enough to knock things over and cause minor structural damage. The villagers feared that if they continued, they would get worse and eventually start causing serious damage and even cause injuries and death.

When the quakes first started, Norview was the only village experiencing them, but soon they were felt in other nearby villages including Icemill to the north, Violetcrest to the east, Dorhedge to the south, and Belwall, which is southwest of Dorhedge. The earthquakes seemed to be centered around what the locals called the Shadowwood Expanse, a large portion of untamed wilderness west of Norview that was always shrouded in a dense fog and was believed to be cursed. Some believed the expanse was a dwelling place of demons, and others believed that the land had fallen victim to some sort of magical accident. Still others believed that the land had been hit by a powerful magical weapon during an ancient war. There were rumors of goblins, ogres, giant spiders, feral dragons, sirens, werewolves, and all manner of demons and undead, but nobody really knew who or what inhabited the expanse as anyone who had ever entered never returned.

The mayors of all 4 villages agreed that something had to be done to deal with the earthquakes before they got any worse, but they could not agree on what to do. None of them wanted to send people into the expanse from which no one had ever returned, but they didn't know what else to do. Representatives from all four villages gathered in the Norview meeting hall to discuss the situation and decide what to do about it.

So, if anyone is interested, please let me know.
Greg, Jessie, Sara, and Sadie

Does an agnostic, dyslexic insomniac lie awake at night wondering if there's a dog?

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
Re: Interest check for a sword and sorcery roleplay
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 02:16:02 PM »
Seems fun enough. I'd do it!

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.