The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: headset/headphone question  (Read 1252 times)

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
headset/headphone question
« on: October 18, 2014, 07:02:15 AM »
what do you use if any and are they any good because i am trying to find a pair that will work for me

needed or helpful: noise isolation
3.5mm jack
long cable

anything will be helpful and if you can add links to them
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: headset/headphone question
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 06:41:10 AM »
What are you going to be using them for? Gaming or music? Do they need a microphone? Looking for in-ear or over-ear?

For music:

I have a pair of kinda old Pioneer HDJ-500s (second lowest in the HDJ range), they were about $150 at the time and you can still pick them up for about $100 I think. THey are pretty decent for what they are. I'd recommend them for all-round use, especially music if you're not too much of an audiophile but want decent quality sounding stuff. Comes with a 2 or 3 metre (I can't remember) coiled cable, and a 1 metre straight cable so if you're looking for longer it might not be the right thing but I'm sure you could find a longer one for it - one end is the usual 3.5mm jack and the other end that plugs into the headphones is a 2.5mm if I recall correctly.

I am really itching for a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50x though.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 02:48:14 PM »
I recently got a hold of a Logitech G930 headset, and I love it. The stereo quality is superb, and the surround quality is also excellent for anything you're listening to that supports it (though it'll emulate it for regular stereo audio as well.)

The wireless distance is pretty great, it reaches all four corners of my house which is more than I could ever ask for in a headset. And when it's plugged in to charge, the stock cable is pretty long on its own right.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 02:56:15 PM »

I recently got a hold of a Logitech G930 headset, and I love it. The stereo quality is superb, and the surround quality is also excellent for anything you're listening to that supports it (though it'll emulate it for regular stereo audio as well.)

The wireless distance is pretty great, it reaches all four corners of my house which is more than I could ever ask for in a headset. And when it's plugged in to charge, the stock cable is pretty long on its own right.

I have a Logitech g930 as well, and all of this is true!

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 6'2"
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 07:25:44 AM »
Well, for music I use beats MIXRs. They're $250 a piece, they look stylish, they come in a variety of colors. They're pretty good, especially for Rap and/or dubstep. A 2 meter coiled cable, and a 1 meter control talk cable. All other details are I'd imagine standard.

Gaming: Turtle beach P11, but I plan on getting a Skullcandy PLYR 2.
And your problem is mine how?...

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 07:30:35 AM »
I have the Bower and Wilkins P5. They were about $300-400 last time I checked.
The audio quality is insane and super comfortable down to the ear pads being made from soft lamb leather. No special features or mocrophone, just pure insane clarity and sound quality.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot