The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Acension:Metro  (Read 18668 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: Acension:Metro
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2014, 06:12:35 AM »
Ronnie rubbed his eyes, and looked at Dannie. "Yeah...I...It doesn't matter. Let's get you guys around a fire, hmm? You're soaked through."

The creature flinched, and hissed at Vess. It glared at him, and began wandering towards him, bleeding profusely from one side. Other hisses and growls resounded through the rail line, but a good ways away.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2014, 06:14:55 AM »
Dannie let her ears drop and she averted her eyes to her shoes. "O-okay."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:28:47 AM by Aconitum »

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2014, 06:15:41 AM »
Vess' eyes widened as he backed away... Was this one attacked? He found himself approaching it, rifle still aimed at the creature. "Hey there lil guy!" He said through his mask

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2014, 06:18:49 AM »
The creature flinched, and started to back away. Hisses could be heard coming from behind Vess, at an alarming decibel.

Ronnie patted Dannie's back. "Did you know her? I...I mean...she still matters to me...I didn't know you knew Acon. I should've asked..." He sighed, and walked towards the barrel brazier, and pulled up a bunch of lawn chairs around it.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2014, 06:21:02 AM »
Hewitt shook his head, and turned tail. This station wouldn't be where he died, not today! He ran, his boots clattering noisily on the concrete.

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2014, 06:22:22 AM »
Dannie shook her head, to answer his question and to shake away a few memories that began to leak back. "N-no. I didn't know her, but she seems pretty important to that dude... Ray was is? And it seems she was just as important to you." She sat with her hooves on the chair under her.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2014, 06:31:03 AM »
Ronnie nodded.  "She was. Y'know...I was going to move to the Middle East, get away from my life. But...I couldn't stop thinking about her."

Ray walked out of the shack, carrying a large pan. He set it over the brazier, and dumped a few cans of pasta into it. Ray then sat on the other side of the brazier, and fiddled with one of the many lockets he wore. "Are we...talking about...her?"

The hissing became more agitated, as skittering filled the tunnel. The bat-creatures had arrived en masse, about five or six, each as big as an average male. They moved awkwardly behind Vess, trying to attack him.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2014, 06:35:18 AM »
Dannie let her ears fall lower to her head. "Wow." She looked between the two men and sighed. "I-I'm sorry. We don't have to talk anymore about this if you don't want to." Dannie cringed and rubbed her head as the memory of Ray shooting her came back.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2014, 06:39:32 AM »
Both Ray and Ronnie nodded. Ronnie stood, and sighed. "I-If you don't mind...I'm gonna go lie down." He walked towards the shack, and disappeared inside. Ray watched him leave, and sighed. "That's Ronnie. He's not been the same...after...A-Anyway, are you feeling well, miss?"

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2014, 06:42:18 AM »
Vess cursed, firing panicked bursts over his shoulder as he ran thorough the tunnels. The rifle fire, even with the silencer, was quite loud, the enclosed space of the tunnel only helping to accentuate that fact. He did see a glimmer of light far off, it might be the surface, it might be just a regular old light, he couldn't tell. Either way, it was a suitable goal to reach. So, he charged towards it, begging for dear life.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2014, 06:42:30 AM »
Dannie nodded, but quickly stopped as it started to throb. "Yeah... I'm fine. So, are we all sleeping here?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2014, 06:45:48 AM »
Two of the creatures fell dead from the fire, and two more stopped to devour the deceased. The last two chased doggedly on, obviously upset.

"I suppose so, I've got a bunch of sleeping bags, and a few mattresses. O-Only...only if you want to." Ray rolled up his shirt sleeve, revealing his tattooed arm. He scratched at his shoulder briefly, before rolling his sleeve back down.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2014, 06:49:03 AM »
Dannie sighed and hugged her knees tighter as she caught a glimpse of Ray's arm. "I... thank you. I'd like that, actually."

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2014, 06:52:11 AM »
Vess stole a quick glance over his shoulder. Only two of the creatures were following him. He could take that, he decided. So, he turned, took up a tactical crouch, and fired a burst of 5.45 at them.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2014, 06:55:32 AM »
Ray nodded, and left to set out the bedding. He returned a few moments later, with enough bedding for the new arrivals. Ray sat back down, and smiled sadly at Dannie. "I don't believe I ever caught your name miss...?"

The two creatures pounced, both catching the rounds squarely in the chest. They both dropped, but one tried to crawl away, keening and whining as if it's life depended on it.