The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The cutest animal you can think off :)  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Taliaka Anichezachi

• You might not understand me, but at least give me a try love :3
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • You are all a part of my family
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Spherix Dragon
  • Coloring: Rough black and gray fur all over my body
  • Height: 0.8 Meters
  • Weight: 12 KG
  • Build: Small, about 0.6 meters in height, 1 meters wingspan, lean build, athletic
  • Currently: Huggable :3 ... for now <3
The cutest animal you can think off :)
« on: December 01, 2014, 04:17:13 PM »
So think of the cutest animal ever, and say it out loud :)
and feel free if you have any cute pics of the animal or your fursona :)
you are welcome to add them in as well :)

so i will start :)
Foxes and Wolfs :P (and Cheza) hehe :)
Hey there! wanna hang out! send a message my way, always open to meet new people <3

Offline MarcatTheCat

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: The cutest animal you can think off :)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 04:28:50 AM »
An Axolotl. They don't seem cute to most people(as salamanders aren't cute in the normal way), but I find them hyper-adorable.

Offline PEFA Harker

• Avid Aardvark
  • Featherhead Falcon with Far-Fetched Failures
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Peregrine Falcon
  • Coloring: Dark blue & white
  • Height: 37cm
  • Weight: about 550g, fluctuates
  • Build: Feral, smallish
  • Currently: Crashed into a window
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 05:24:25 AM »
Kestrels, as well other little falcons.
They are the undoubtedly cutest birds of prey ever.
If not hunting, of course.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 11:06:19 PM »
Either a housecat

or a wolfcoon. X3

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 11:31:31 PM »
Other than most of the "normal" cute animals like cats, dogs, foxes, bunnies, guinea pigs and penguins I also find lizards, turtles, some kinds of fish, snakes, frogs, miniature horses, potbelly pigs, sand cats, fennec foxes and platypus to be adorable.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 11:50:03 PM »
Cows. Adorable eyes.

Offline Kaiyo

• Avid Aardvark
  • Species: Fox
  • Build: Semianthro
  • Currently: In need of a avatar ^^
The cutest animal you can think off :)
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 12:28:42 AM »
Cute is an overused, shallow and often dishonest word. No animal comes to mind per se except from knowledge of when a person may enjoy ring called cute and need to be uplifted and their fursona species is specific in context.

So I would have to say anything that thinks it's not cute overall is generally cuter. Acuteness is personality is aesthetically described by neoteny, the possession of purity and honesty. Cute is often used in narcissism but those who deny being cute under acknowledgement of self-perceived image or are too young to understand the concept are significantly more acute. Acuteness is best analogous to introversion as opposed to heavy-handed obtuseness which is extraverted and doesn't bring the perceiver to a specific trait (even a focal point such as large eyes - which makes us perceive young animals as cuter, naturally). This is also why bestial looking characters can be considered cute as when a pure element of their personality strikes in contrast to their consistency they create the natural reaction of mirror empathy of adoration like a mother/father does when their young is troubled.

As they all trigger a natural reaction, anything neotenic can be considered cute.
We assign negative values to things by consensus, values and experience - many think human babies aren't cute because of this, they don't see other animals vomiting or causing mischief enough, perhaps. Though, biologically, considering non-humans reminiscent of human young more cute than human young is dangerous primally, ditching attention of own young for another animal's is dangerous. Other animals have adoration too but have less negative values to move their eyes away from their own young, hence they often are mostly virtually unbiased.

Since negative values add complexity, one's perception of a species being cute will therefore differ to someone else's due to this bias as humans are highly opinionated usually.

I avoid the use of the word cute objectively when regarding others unless they genuinely look like young. I find the word immature overall, it has even be used delusionally to consider pets like children even if said pets are in fact fully grown adults for their species, this can be considered psychotic substitution and is not loving an animal as a companion but using them as an animated doll of aesthetic or simply a fashion statement (hence many are inclined to pedigrees for generally just a false sense of purity etc).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:31:38 AM by Kaiyo »

Offline korran

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Black
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 07:00:28 AM »
baby red panda...

Offline Taliaka Anichezachi

• You might not understand me, but at least give me a try love :3
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • You are all a part of my family
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Spherix Dragon
  • Coloring: Rough black and gray fur all over my body
  • Height: 0.8 Meters
  • Weight: 12 KG
  • Build: Small, about 0.6 meters in height, 1 meters wingspan, lean build, athletic
  • Currently: Huggable :3 ... for now <3
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 08:52:34 AM »
@Kaiyo
I am sorry but a lot of these words, I could not understand :)

But the last thing about pets being used as a prescript or doll for fashion, I could not agree more,
I just disagree with people there force pets into small jackets or other cloths just because they think they look cute, they are not humans,
they don't need to wear cloths or hats, they are animals, its there nature to wear fur instead of cloths, I think you get me :)

And well I think that "Cute" is a word used to describe thing that you think are adorable nothing else, its a shorter word, however I tend not to use adorable too often, I just don't like it... '
And we are Furries to be honest we don't have to act 100% mature all the time :P cute may be a little immature but that's why we use it.

Honestly, Cute is a word of taste not maturity or vulgarity.
Hey there! wanna hang out! send a message my way, always open to meet new people <3

Offline kalan

• The immortal half blood
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Welf
  • Coloring: Blue and silver with a small light blue crescent scar under his left eyes from a magic attack
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 189 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular with the strength and speed of an elf
  • Currently: Slowly coming back
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 04:44:31 AM »
A telephone, she counts right?
^Is my bust fren

Spoiler for Hidden:
That made me feel so good. Oh my gosh. Thank you man and same to you  [hugs tight]

I'm the same without Makias and Kalan!
both are loved and fun to be around

"Atleast your stomach will stop your tears from hitting the ground" ~Tim (138)

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 04:53:48 PM »
Puffins, a fine bird!
Also I think echidnas are rather lovely (not something often said of spiny creatures) but their babies are just the best little things.

OF course according to my nature I feel the urge to eat them >.>

Offline Ulfur

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I look nothing like Fred Durst
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolsky
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 187 or so
  • Build: Lean&Wiry
  • Currently: Breaking da rules....like usual
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 04:55:47 PM »
sleeping foxes  ;)  that or cats with snow on their heads
  • Avatar by: The unruly pasta maker:Saoirse
*Warping through space* AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *Sips soda* ah... AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
[img width=150 height=150]http://i48.tinypic.com/2nm18vt.png[/i.mg]
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
Captain Ulfur; Lingustics expert and certified medic at your service

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 07:46:22 PM »
Cute is an overused, shallow and often dishonest word. No animal comes to mind per se except from knowledge of when a person may enjoy ring called cute and need to be uplifted and their fursona species is specific in context.

So I would have to say anything that thinks it's not cute overall is generally cuter. Acuteness is personality is aesthetically described by neoteny, the possession of purity and honesty. Cute is often used in narcissism but those who deny being cute under acknowledgement of self-perceived image or are too young to understand the concept are significantly more acute. Acuteness is best analogous to introversion as opposed to heavy-handed obtuseness which is extraverted and doesn't bring the perceiver to a specific trait (even a focal point such as large eyes - which makes us perceive young animals as cuter, naturally). This is also why bestial looking characters can be considered cute as when a pure element of their personality strikes in contrast to their consistency they create the natural reaction of mirror empathy of adoration like a mother/father does when their young is troubled.

As they all trigger a natural reaction, anything neotenic can be considered cute.
We assign negative values to things by consensus, values and experience - many think human babies aren't cute because of this, they don't see other animals vomiting or causing mischief enough, perhaps. Though, biologically, considering non-humans reminiscent of human young more cute than human young is dangerous primally, ditching attention of own young for another animal's is dangerous. Other animals have adoration too but have less negative values to move their eyes away from their own young, hence they often are mostly virtually unbiased.

Since negative values add complexity, one's perception of a species being cute will therefore differ to someone else's due to this bias as humans are highly opinionated usually.

I avoid the use of the word cute objectively when regarding others unless they genuinely look like young. I find the word immature overall, it has even be used delusionally to consider pets like children even if said pets are in fact fully grown adults for their species, this can be considered psychotic substitution and is not loving an animal as a companion but using them as an animated doll of aesthetic or simply a fashion statement (hence many are inclined to pedigrees for generally just a false sense of purity etc).

Holy.macaroni calm down.

On subject I think Tasmanian Devils are.cute.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 08:10:32 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Holy.macaroni calm down.

On subject I think Tasmanian Devils are.cute.

^ I have to agree with this, this is not an issue of philosophy, it's just LITERALLY an opinion thread about preferable animals.

In other news, I love sloths.

• Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Hycanith

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Shhhh....
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat-Fox!
  • Coloring: Like that! ^
  • Height: Tall.
  • Weight: 130 lbs.
  • Build: Slim.
  • Currently: That spring clean.
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 08:18:33 PM »
Foxes are so..... CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!! X3 X3

I hope drawings count.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Artist: SilverFox5213

My reaction:
Spoiler for Hidden: