The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Stressed out tiger  (Read 440 times)

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
Stressed out tiger
« on: January 22, 2015, 05:57:35 AM »
lately i have no drive to do anything, eat or sleep. sometimes i even catch myself just staring off into space because thats all i can do

i dont know exactly what is wrong and ive tried a lot of ways to de-stress

im also restless and agitated

any other furs have advice on this?
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Stressed out tiger
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 06:39:10 PM »
First of all you need to find out what is causing you problems.

Here's a nice exercise that usually works, get a pen and paper and just write down a stream of consciousness, just write down whatever comes to mind when thinking about stress. Don't worry if it doesn't make sense, don't worry about spelling errors and don't worry about secrecy, you won't show this to anyone, but just write down whatever comes to mind and don't stop and think, just keep writing. It usually helps you to understand what the whole problem is, then you can find more appropriate ways to find out what's wrong
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 07:04:04 PM »
Out of curiosity, What is the next event in your life you look forward to, and when is it?

I usually find I get like that when I have nothing to look forward to. Assuming you are the same, the trick is to make sure there is something you look forward to, for example I have felt a lot happier with myself since I started playing pathfinder regularly, even though it is becoming less fun for me now dropping it would still make more depressed purely because I would not have anything to look forward to at the end of the week.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:10:35 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Arco

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Primarily black and white with red markings throughout.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Build: Tall with some extra meat on the bones.
  • Currently: Like to be social but am more than happy being alone.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 04:02:59 AM »
I've been feeling the exact same way recently.  No drive or motivation to do anything, not even play a video game or something.  Just sleep or watch tv.

Conventions:

FurSquared 2015

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 06:37:22 PM »
Out of curiosity, What is the next event in your life you look forward to, and when is it?

I usually find I get like that when I have nothing to look forward to. Assuming you are the same, the trick is to make sure there is something you look forward to, for example I have felt a lot happier with myself since I started playing pathfinder regularly, even though it is becoming less fun for me now dropping it would still make more depressed purely because I would not have anything to look forward to at the end of the week.

I look forward to seeing my mate this summer when she graduates from college  :)

But my depression still gets me down often and I lose my drive to do anything as I have stated before

Post Merge: January 24, 2015, 06:37:55 PM
First of all you need to find out what is causing you problems.

Here's a nice exercise that usually works, get a pen and paper and just write down a stream of consciousness, just write down whatever comes to mind when thinking about stress. Don't worry if it doesn't make sense, don't worry about spelling errors and don't worry about secrecy, you won't show this to anyone, but just write down whatever comes to mind and don't stop and think, just keep writing. It usually helps you to understand what the whole problem is, then you can find more appropriate ways to find out what's wrong

Perhaps i could just type it?
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 07:37:44 PM »
Yeah sure! :D

What's important though is you don't delete anything, once you've typed it (regardless of spelling error or whatever) you can't go back to change it
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";