The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Surviving the Apocalypse! (Closed)  (Read 14618 times)

Offline ..::Axel Flames::..

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • "This Wolf still has Teeth" -Grommash Hellscream
  • Species: Wolverine
  • Coloring: I mixture of all sorts of brown colors
  • Build: Thin and lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Haven't RPed in awhile and I'm a bit rusty
Re: Surviving the Apocalypse! (Closed)
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2015, 07:52:05 AM »
Rohnan hoisted Jacob into his arms and threw him into the car, soon diving after and accidentally crashing into everyone else squeshed into the back "agh-! Sorry!" He sat up and rubbed his head but quickly slammed the doors shut, "Kensei ya need to get us the hell out!" He looked towards the shark but then looked back at the window, regret and guilt tugging in his chest and he clenche his fists and punched the nearby wall with a frustrated growl "dammit.." He breathed out shakily. His ears drooping very faintly as he fell back into a chair and gripped his head with his paws.

"Out of all those colors Red is the one that travels the Farthest"-Axel

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2015, 01:50:51 AM »
(Yo, super rp you guys have going on.  I noticed it was closed, but I figured it wouldn't hurt too much to apply.  If you're all booked, don't be afraid to decline! ;P  I'd be able to inject new character(s) into the current scenario and post once or twice a day, hopefully this is an adequate speed.  Just let me know!  P.S. If this rp has a companion thread, my apologies!  I wasn't able to find it.  Though, I assume it doesn't.)

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2015, 05:22:01 PM »
(I personally have no problem with it, but its up to Foxy)
Kensie slammed the car into gear and shoved the peddal down to the floor, the cars tires squeeling as it pulled away from the hospital. She didnt let up, speeding down streets and around bends until she was sure they were a safe distance away before finally letting up on the gas and pulling up beside a crumbling skyscraper. "Is everyone alright?" The shark asked, looking back to the three in the back seat. "Wheres Vex?" Jacob just shook his head, telling her all she needed to know. "Right then, we need to get back to the station, but I think we all need to take a breather first. Just... get our thoughts together." She leaned forward and placed her forehead against the steering wheel, looking down at the fresh blood that dripped from her uniform.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2015, 05:28:58 PM »
Angder thought for a second, then glanced around uncomfortably. Jumping out the car at these speeds would probably either kill him, or injure him enough for the either the cannibals or the fire-station to finish him off. He knew that any moment the group would realize he caused all their problems intentionally, and by the sounds of it got one of them killed, and he was now making a beeline into their base, surrounded by people who would soon turn hostile
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:19:12 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

• Boisterous Bear
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2015, 02:45:09 AM »
Rohnan rested his head back against his seat as the car bumped around from the jagged broken roads, he kept his deep Amber eyes closed as he thought of Vex and growled at the thought of what the Doc would do to her. "You guys are going to get her right...?" He opened his head slowly, glancing at the new comer Anger but looked towards Jacob and Kensie "if your leader doesn't help..I'll get my own team to help.." He sighed trying to clear his head "she doesn't deserve what's coming to her, got me?" He muttered as he leaned towards the window of the car and gazed at the passing old buildings.

((This thread is a bit slow but we can try and work you on if you want C:))

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2015, 03:26:13 AM »
(Cool cool!  I’ll try my best not to crash the party. I should have some character sheets cooked up by tonight yet.  Thanks~)

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2015, 02:31:37 PM »
Jacob and Kensie stayed silent, only staring off out the windows and windshield. "We dont know what Jax will do." Jacob said finally, glancing over at Rohnan. "We have to tell him everything we know, and he may decide to go on the offensive.... but he will most likely want to build up our fortifications for the upcoming attack.." The foxes ears drooped and he went silent. "And it would be suicide for you and your crew to go back. Im assuming there arnt very many of you guys accounting how much supplies you stole." Kensie said. "Vex is tough, smart, if shes alive she will find a way to escape. She did once before." The shark glanced in the reveiw mirror, lokking over the three in the back and narrowing her eyes at Angder. She quickly slammed on the breaks, coming to a full stop in the middle of the street, reaching back and grabbing both guns and shoving them in the front seat. "If anybody wants to get out before we get home, and dosent want a bullet in their head, then nows your time." She turned around and looked into the back, looking between Rohnan and Angder. "Im specificly meaning you two."
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2015, 02:38:17 PM »
Angder did not need to be told twice, he opens the door, and starts to run.

• Boisterous Bear
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2015, 06:52:14 PM »
Rohnan looked up at the two, ears perked in surprise but he understood. Taking a deep breath he smiled a bit and rested both of his paws on Jacob's and Kensie's shoulders "thank you, but I'm going to try everything to get Vex back because she's a good person." He muttered watching the two for a bit before sliding out of the car and rolling his right bandaged shoulder "alright listen, the crew that I work with live a few miles from here, past the general stores and near the outskirts of the old boonies. Got me?" He took a few steps back from the car and placed to fingers to his head in a salute, grinning "if you need me or have any plans to get her back..stop by and say that you know the General of the fort." Then he turned and ran off after Anger, but soon parted ways down an alleyway.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:55:10 PM by Foxy The Pirate »

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2015, 09:52:33 PM »
*CHARACTER 1

Name: Regina Peircen

Looks: Peircen stands at 5' 8" with an athletic stature.  Melanistic fur with black cube-like jaguar markings against a dark charcoal base; a black dreaded mane of hair that falls just below the shoulder blade.  Her tired eyes a washed out rust color.  Her tail resembled that of a bobcat's, docked at just less than two inches.  Docking being a popular practice amongst the hospital's inhabitants, which shows a pledge of full allegiance to the St. Jude state and her administrators.
Peircen wears a worn out dark brown leather belt over a charcoal grey double-breasted, wool, mid-thigh length pea coat with a black collared undershirt.  The belt is coupled with a matching right-sided brown leather pistol holster, sporting a .357 snub-nose revolver, also equipped with a scoped CZ 550 FS .30-06 w/10rd buttstock shell holder, threw over the shoulder with a leather 2-point sling.  She also carries a worn brown leather book bag at her left side with the strap slung over her right shoulder and a pair of binoculars draped around her neck.  Additionally, she wears snug fitting black jeans that are tucked into black lace-up combat boots.

Species: Melanistic Jaguar

History: Peircen was employed by Englewood Clinic as a pediatric nurse's aide prior to the apocalypse.  She lived a solitary life in a small downtown flat, driving a seven year old Camery that smelt of smoke and cheap coffee.  Hectic, mundane and weary, she could have never predicted that life as she knew it would soon end.  As the end of the world commenced, the hospital became a chaotic sight, collapsing within a few days after the public onslaught.  Later it would rise from the ashes with a hand full of surviving medical personnel at the helm, included Peircen.

*CHARACTER 2

Name: Kurt Schultze

Looks: Kurt is a 6' 2" stalky mesomorph.  His fascia is almost entirely black, with a black goatee that's braded into a thirteen inch strand with a red glass bead at the very end.  He wears his black hair in an unkept mohawk, the rest of his head consisting of dark shades of brown, his eyes a soft shade of copper.  Kurt's tail, like Peircen's, is also docked just under two inches, his long black tail fur making it appear almost twice as long.
His loadout consists of many German surplus articles (common dress of St. Jude inhabitants), including his German flecktarn field shirt (rolled up sleeves) and pants; coupled with black lace-up military boots, a pair of black skateboard-style kneepads, an olive drab full molle vest with ammo pouches, radio pocket, canteen bag and butt pack.
Kurt carries an semi-auto AK-47 with traditional stained wooden grips and stock, seventy five round drum magazine, and a custom wire construction mounted over the ejection port with a black trouser sock pulled over it to catch expelled cartridges; the weapon is suspended at his right side by  a black nylon 2-point sling that's slung over his left shoulder.

Species: German Shepherd

History: Kurt was part of a road crew as a TIG welder, working for a Midwestern fabrication company for six years prior to the downfall.  Regardless of constantly being on the road for work, he always made time to drink and party hard; finding his element in a crowd of lively party-goers.  He was charismatic, sarcastic, upbeat and a little bit crazy.  A mile southwest of St. Jude Hospital and Englewood Clinic is a large pharmaceutical plant, Ventura Laboratories, where Kurt was doing fabrication work as the apocalypse dawned.  He found refuge in the plant fallowing the aftermath; during the rise of St. Jude, Ventura was stormed and brought under the hospital's influence, later becoming a St. Jude territory.  Kurt's eccentric character, just like the world around him, was no more.  Today he is calm, collective, and stoic, often serving as Peircen's Jiminy Cricket.

*CHARACTER 3

Name: Mercedes Spinelli; Peircen refers to her almost exclusively as "Fritz," likely due to Spinelli's rookie standing amongst the trio.

Looks: Spinelli stands at 5' 10"; she has a slender, athletic and somewhat boyish figure.  Her ears are cropped, standing tall and bold with the addition of a docked tail, all breed related modifications done at a young age.  Her fur is a traditional black and rusty tan with straight, jet black hair that's cut just an inch bellow the jaw line (bob hairstyle, split at the right.)
Her loadout, like Kurt's, consists of some German surplus, including a flecktarn parka and pants.  Additionally, she wears a black skateboard-style knee pad on the right knee, a black 8-point patrol cap with the Englewood Clinic logo lapel pin clasped to the face (Here's an icon I threw together real quick of the clinic entwined snake logo: http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm173/eerytheory/Public%20Album/11721839_10204795974049086_1095409627_n_zpsto3ae3b7.jpg ignore the typo ;P Research* ), and an olive drab minimalistic mini chest rig with 3 ammo pouches (enough to squeeze in six 30rd AR-15 mags) and a radio pouch; just below the chest rig she wears a German pistol belt around the waist with a canteen bag and small utility pouch fixed off to the left side.
Slung over her shoulder with a black nylon 2-point sling is a scoped semi-auto, mid-length AR-15 w/collapsible stock and quad rail handguard.  The dust cover is replaced by a custom wire construction with a black trouser sock pulled over it to catch expelled cartridges.

Species: European Doberman Pinscher

History: Mercedes was born and lived most of her life in Seattle, Washington.  Two years prior to the downfall of society, she moved to South Florida where she worked as a body piercer at a small tattoo shop with her boyfriend and his business partner in North Miami.  During a trip up to Washington to spend two weeks with her family, Spinelli's flight was grounded at a connecting flight between Fort Lauderdale and Seattle for unknown reasons; little did she know the world around her was falling into chaotic anarchy, stuck hundreds of miles away from her family and home in South Florida.
Spinelli, along with a handful of travelers, held up in the terminal and road out the apocalyptic blitz, which left over half the airport in ruin.  The survivors failed in their attempt to unify and organize, most of them leaving in small segregated groups in search for new refuge. Spinelli left with a group of five other survivors, which later joined the ranks of the growing St. Jude colony.

*OTHER

Englewood Clinic: The Englewood Clinic building is connected to St. Jude hospital building, but unlike the hospital, it is mostly in ruin.  The Englewood Research Center to the north is the only part of the clinic left mostly intact, and is connected to the clinic main building via skywalk.  Which, regardless of the poor condition of the main clinic building, is still accessible from the hospital.

The Triad:  Peircen, Kurt and Spinelli are a small group which is part of the hospital's north division.  Each division consists of two groups of three or less; the hospital employing 3 divisions total: the North, South, and West divisions.  Each division has a designated outpost where salvage, trade and sovereignty defense operations are based out of.   Out of all the divisions, the north is the only one considered to be almost completely autonomous.
The north division is based in the fortified old town hall building located between the hospital and fire station, simply referred to as the "outpost" or "clock tower."  The clock tower has generally healthy trade relations with the fire station, sometimes to the point where small arms are traded back and forth like Pokémon cards.  Regardless of trade, the fire station still remains the outpost's most threatening adversary.

Post Merge: July 26, 2015, 10:02:56 PM

Peircen kneeled behind the frame of a shattered balcony sliding door from the second floor of a three story home.  Drawing her bolt action rifle to look down the scope, idly scanning the calm streets of the wealthy gated community.  A gust of chilly wind whipping up a vortex of loose dirt in the street, tossing the ragged soft top of the wrecked Audi parked just across the street.  She momentarily lowered the rifle to look out to the east where there seemed to be a storm front moving through, a dark moody sky flickered against the torn skyline of the city.  You could see most of downtown from here, a hill crescent that cupped the north western side of the city, a location the group referred to as 'snob hill.'

Peircen could have spent hours viewing the scenery, basking in the approaching overcast, but it was about time to head back.  She planted the butt of her rifle on the ground, glass shards crackling under the butt as she used the rifle to help herself to her feet.  She'd sling the rifle over her shoulder as she headed to the staircase; knocking on the wall, she'd yell "Moving out!" as she descended.  She met Kurt at the bottom with Spinelli shadowing him, who was being used as a mule, struggling to carry a plastic tote of various loot.

"Tools, kitchen utensils, odds and ends.  The usual."  Kurt reported as he fallowed Peircen outside. Peircen continued towards the truck parked across the street, muttering "If this all comes down to throwing spoons at each other, this city is ours."  The jaguar then crawled into the driver's side of white, roughed up '92 Toyota Tacoma, that was fixed with dirt tires, a large custom fitted front brush guard with a winch and outdoor megaphone mount, a roll bar in the bed with a spot light mounted on the right side, and a simple 1'x1' four leaf clover painted on the right rear quarter of the bed in flat green.

Kurt jumped into the passenger's side as Peircen started to let off the clutch, Spinelli jumping into the bed just as the truck started to roll, pulling up the tail gate before taking a seat behind the cab.  In no hurry, Peircen casually brought the truck up to speed, weaving their way through the cluttered streets toward downtown.  They'd be close enough now to hear the faint sound of gunfire coming from the hospital, but the rumble of the approaching storm in the east masked the skirmish.

No more than 20 minutes after their departure from snob hill, they were cruising a large downtown avenue, circling around on their way back to the outpost.  The entire duration of the trip back had so far been completely silent other than the Toyota's tame grumble; today's salvage run was generally unsuccessful, there was nothing to discuss.  Not until a vehicle less than a quarter mile up blew through an intersection.  At the speed the vehicle was going, there would be no way they'd catch up to it, but Peircen took pursuit regardless, the little truck roaring forward as she put the pedal down.

Spinelli clung to the roll bar as they came to the intersection, the rear axle hopped and wobbled as the rubber squawked across the concrete, throwing the rear end into a sloppy drift as they took a hard left.  To their surprise, the vehicle was in sight a little over a quarter mile down.  Not only was it in sight, but it appeared to be stopped in the middle of the street.  Spinelli stumbled over the spilt contents of a tote as she made it to her feet, peering over the cab as they closed in.

Both Spinelli and Kurt would draw their weapons as they observed two individuals exit the vehicle, Peircen pressing into the breaks as the fur along the back of her neck stood slightly, making the assumption that the two were taking defensive positions.  The truck squawked to an abrupt halt 250 feet out from the other vehicle. Both doors flung open, Peircen and Kurt stepping out almost simultaneously, taking cover behind the truck's paper thin doors as they drew their rifles, Spinelli still peering over the cab with her rifle resting on the roll bar. Peircen looked down the scope of her rifle, resting it on the door as she held up a hand and yelled to the others "Hold your fire!"  Noticing that the familiar car ahead was occupied, and likely a patrol from the fire station that strayed a little too far out.

In the fallowing moments they waited anxiously, hoping the vehicle would flee so they could execute a successful interception without any bloodshed.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:32:24 AM by Ursula »

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2015, 10:14:27 PM »
(I originally intended the people in the hospital to be just a ragtag group of cannibals that just ate anybody they could find, but I like what you did with them. Gave them some structure, and a bit of flare :P Also, since they are cannibles, are your characters also?)

Post Merge: July 26, 2015, 10:52:20 PM
(Also Foxy, ive been meaning to ask, is this more like a European city? Or a Western one?)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:52:20 PM by Jacob Hail, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2015, 10:54:32 PM »
(I apologize for that!  My intention was to remain vague about the hospital, but I got carried away >< .. My characters partake in cannibalism and see the world through the philosophy of natural order.  Although, they aren't cold blooded killers and often scavenge and trade for alternative food sources.)

• Boisterous Bear
« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2015, 12:54:22 AM »
((WOW very nice characters, accepted! Jacob, the city is much like New York and there are tall buildings in a thick city, any towns that are in the city are sorta like townhouses all connected in one buildings. The outskirts of the city usually have warehouses and small separate houses like the boonies of a city, if you ever played The Last of Us the apocalyptic city is much like how it looks in that game along with the game Watch Dogs and the upcoming game called The Divsion.))

One of Rohnan's ears perked as he heard in the distance a voice of a woman, raising his brow he took a few steps back to peek around the corner of the alleyway he was in to see a white vehicle. That had a few gunned people pointing towards Kensie and Jacob's car, narrowing his deep Amber eyes he watched for a few minutes to see if they would attack or greet the fox and the shark "this doesn't look good.." He muttered to himself quietly and looked back towards the vehicle he came from.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2015, 01:08:08 AM »
Angder slowed down, and paused to catch his breath... did they really just let me go... I got one of them captured or killed, and they just opened the door and said run?!

Maybe I did misjudge...

Angder slumped against the wall... deep in thought, out of sight, but still not that far away.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2015, 02:49:12 AM »
Jacob and Kensie both heard the car coming, looking at each other before quickly looking behind them, just in time to see the truck pull up and the people to get out. They both instanly recognized it as one from the hospital and they growled. Kensie knew they had two options, fight or flee. The car they had was suitable for both. It was a Dodge Charger, used to belong to the state police before the fall of society, which the people at the firestation had welded sheets of metal onto for reinforcement. They could get away quite easily at the expense of valuable fuel, but that would also leave the other two behind to be dragged off to the hospital. And it was evident Jacob had thought the same thing because before Kensie could stop him the swung open his door and stood behind it, racking another shell into his shotgun and aiming it at the truck. "What the hell do you want?" He spit at the cannibles.