The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Surviving the Apocalypse! (Closed)  (Read 14617 times)

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Surviving the Apocalypse! (Closed)
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2015, 05:54:25 AM »

Spinelli eyes the car intensively, her crosshairs hovering over the driver as she takes a deep breath, exhaling ever so slowly in attempt to calm her nerves.  Peircen also watched carefully in a short moment of silence before seeing the driver lung into the door; in that instant she took a few steps back, lowering her weapon for a second to point off to her right at a scorched city bus hung up on the curb.  "Kurt! Cover!  Fritz! Down!" she shouted.  Just as the fox repositioned himself behind the plated door, Kurt had pushed forward to the bus and Spinelli had dipped into the truck bed.  "Fritz!  Fall back and come up the left"  Peircen said while continuing to slink back, crouched along the trucks beltline, pausing as the now armed driver spouted a question.
Spinelli jumped the truck bed, ready to hit the ground running before Peircen turned back just in time to snag her by the hood of her parka. "Halt.. change in plan" the jaguar said while shoving Spinelli up against the tailgate.  Peircen then casually walked up along the truck, setting her rifle up against the rear wheel before raising her hands at her sides to display her empty palms, stepping away from the truck and into the middle of the street.  "I little far from home, aren't ya?" She said with a somewhat cynical grin, ignoring his question.

Offline ..::Axel Flames::..

• Boisterous Bear
  • "This Wolf still has Teeth" -Grommash Hellscream
  • Species: Wolverine
  • Coloring: I mixture of all sorts of brown colors
  • Build: Thin and lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Haven't RPed in awhile and I'm a bit rusty
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2015, 07:13:48 AM »
"Hmm.." Rohnan grunted quietly as he watched the two groups, he recognized that this white truck came from the cannibals. Narrowing his furry brows the wild african dog stayed out of sight, though he took one good look at himself and his bandages body, he was in no condition to fight but even then didn't have the nerve to leave Jacob and Kensie if they needed his help, he wasn't about to abandon a friend like Vex again, even if she didn't consider Rohnan as a friend. Slowly he unwrapped the leather belt that hung around his chest and wrapped the leather extension around his right bandaged paw and buckled it down tight, pounding his leather wrapped fist into his other to test it, then grinned as he felt the hard and firm impact. Rohnan looked back towards the three new furs and began to flank around sneakily and carefully, but lucky for him. It began to rain, the fresh scent of rainy weather masked his scent of any wind blew past him.

((Made a Ref sheet for Rohnan (/^.^)/))

[attachment deleted by admin]

"Out of all those colors Red is the one that travels the Farthest"-Axel

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2015, 12:06:55 PM »
Angder inched back as he heard the commotion, but then it starts to rain... he was unable to hear what was going on, but he could just make out the truck... More cannibals maybe?

Angder narrowed his eyes. The two in the car had let him go when logically he should have been either imprisoned or killed. He owed them his life. Of course the fire station as a whole was still a nasty place, but to let these two die would be unfair. He watched from the alleyway, waiting to see if he was needed.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2015, 12:42:16 PM »
"We should ask you the same think." Jacob replied, keeping his shotgun trained on Peircen. "Your freakshow is back that way." He jestured back down the street. By now Kensie has grabbed one of the AR-15s and positioned herself infront of the car, keeping track of the one who went by the bus. "Dont come any closer." She yelled, using the cars hood for support as she leveled her rifle on Kurts position. "Unless you have a death wish."
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2015, 04:21:10 PM »
((Just so your aware Foxy, Tybalt has officially left the forums, he has requested his char is killed off.))

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2015, 03:55:02 AM »

"You'd steal a teat from a baby and leave it to die, but we're the freaks? Because we'd eat the baby too?"  She lectured in a raised voice, folding her hands behind her. "Fair enough." She said in an audible tone while passively shrugging, she had no room to be confrontational in the given situation.  During the fallowing moment, Peircen took the time to glance over her shoulder, looking down the southbound avenue that drove through the heart of the gloomy metropolis.  Once proud, towering structures reaching for the heavens, now crippled skeletons that groaned and chimed the most melancholy tune as they swayed in the looming storm, like a naked forest in the winter breeze.

The twisted beauty brought her to a state of calmness, which was soon interrupted by an incoming transmission that blared on the radio clipped to her book bag.  "Uh- Outpost, calling you guys in for regrouping.  Sounds like some shit went down at the hospital.. or something -- The Russians are real pissed up, it's gonna be a long night" the male voice crackled over the radio.  Making a rash assessment of the radio call, Peircen took some backward strides towards the truck while grabbing the grip of her revolver.  She'd exchange a quick glance with Kurt before turning her back to sprint for the truck; Kurt kneeled down along the rear corner of the bus, ready to provide her cover fire.

The jaguar snatching up her rifle as she darted around the truck, crouching behind the right rear wheel next to Spinelli.  She'd grab a hand full of Spinelli's coat collar, bringing her in close as she pointed out an assortment of wrecks congesting the avenue just south of their position. "I need you to get across the street.  Fall back to those jalopies, we'll cover you.  Then advance up the left..  Give uhm hell kid."  Peircen said before throwing her by the collar of her parka.  Spinelli stumbled into a stooped sprint towards the wrecks.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:04:20 AM by Ursula »

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2015, 03:39:58 PM »
Jacob gritted his teeth, it was obvious these **censor** wernt going to leave them alone, and he WAS NOT going back to that hospital. The fox glanced back at Kensie and realized she was thinking the same thing, looking back at him and giving a nod. They were going to fight their way out. Looking down his sights again, he saw one of the cannibles start to retreat back to some coverage , leaving them a bit open and making a window. He took a deep slow breath, followed her along in his crosshairs, then fired. His shot was just off, missing the cannibles body and sending the slug through Spinelli's coat instead. It didnt take Kensie much longer to react, aiming at Kurts position and releasing a few shots into the bus. "Back the **censor** off!" She yelled, swinging her rifle around and sending a rain of bullets into the truck.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2015, 03:56:12 PM »
As Kensie started shooting, Angder moves out of the alleyway, dashing towards the truck, only to see Someone (Spinelli) coming the other way. "SHIT" He ducks behind a wreck, with luck the damn cannibal would not have seen him. He could shoot the damn thing and kill it before it has a chance to react.

• Boisterous Bear
« Reply #188 on: July 28, 2015, 10:10:43 PM »
((Aw alright))

Rohnan stayed hidden as long as he could, his ear turning towards where he heard movement and spotted Angder running towards the truck. Most likely having the same idea as him, to help Jacob and Kensie. Wanting to run out a start attacking the cannibals the wild african dog stayed put, he didn't want to become a possible hostage to these three.

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2015, 04:03:14 AM »
The hot lead slug whizzed through the underarm of Spinelli's coat, hitting so close that it cut into her skin.  The pain was enough to make her stagger to the right just before pitching herself to the left.  She'd zig-zag into a concrete doorway nook; without hesitation, she'd kneel down and peer around the narrow concrete archway with her cheek tight to the rifle.  Trying to steady the rifle as much as she could while in a soft pant, firing three rounds downrange between the truck and the bus.  The first round ricocheted off the concrete near the Charger's front tire while the other two laid into the front passenger-side door and rocker, shattering the window.  Drawing back into the safety of the concrete nook, she'd redirect her attention towards the wrecks she planned to use as cover while crossing to the other side of the avenue, which were only a sprint away.  Completely oblivious of the one who had approached her position.

The bus seemed like good, solid cover until the Shark laid some rounds into the corner of it, one of them going clean through the layers of scorched sheet metal like paper. "But I just got here!" Kurt mockingly whined, then laughed while turning the AK around the corner of the bus, blindly firing nine rounds in their general direction before drawing back to push up the side of the bus, inching his way to their flank.  Attempting to draw their attention from Peircen, which was now pinned down behind the small Toyota.

The truck was angled just enough to where Peircen could find some cover against the rear passenger-side wheel, crouched tight against the rear quarter of the truck, helplessly clinging to her rifle while the volley of bullets riddled the vehicle.  The front driver side corner of the truck slumped a good foot as the thick dirt tire's sidewall blew out, glass shards falling like rain as windows shattered and body panels drummed with lead.  Blind firing a bolt action in such a vulnerable position would have been futile; as soon as Kurt could provide her with some cover fire, she planned to make a break for a small shop just across from her.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 04:07:38 AM by Ursula »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: July 29, 2015, 09:13:32 PM »
Angder sneaks slowly towards Spinelli's position, keeping hidden behind the wrecks gun at the ready, he crouches as close to the Fur as possible. They would have to sprint, to get here, when they arrived Angder would have no trouble shooting them before they could react.

Or at least that was the plan...

• Boisterous Bear
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2015, 03:21:18 AM »
Rohnan was suddenly beside Anger and nudged his side "hey, if you have the same idea as me then we need to work together, Got me?" He told the wolf, glancing around the corner they hid behind "we need to take one hostage, any one that is closest. If we grab one of 'em that might be able to help us get Vex back." Tightening the belt tied around his paw he looked back at Angder "we have to at least try"

((Sorry short post))

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2015, 12:41:19 PM »
Most of Kurts blindfiring missed the car, but it still caused Kensie to duck down as two of the bullets danced across the cars hood inches from her face. Jacob pumped the shotgun and swung around, standing up for a brief moment to fire over the car and send a slug into the corner of the bus. "God damn, cant we ever get a break?" He growled, kneeling back down behind the door and pumping the shotgun. "These bastards arnt going to let up." Kensie replied, releasing the mag form her AR and replacing it with a new one. "Just stay down and conserve ammo. Only shoot if they are open and you have the time to aim."

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2015, 12:45:13 PM »
Angder growls. "To be frank I want to kill as many of the bastards as possible... But fine. I should have been killed the two in the car, I guess getting their friend back should repay that debt."

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2015, 04:35:32 AM »
In the moments fallowing the marring of the truck, Peircen took a deep breath through her nose before sighing heavily; growing progressively weary of the situation she got them into.  This wasn't the first time they'd been in a pinch, but this time seemed different.  "Fritz, status" Peircen spoke into the clasped radio.  "Good, ready to cross over" the radio barked back.  "Hold up, we need a lookout.  Can you get to the upper floors?"  Peircen replied while glancing over at the old four-story brick apartment building Spinelli was held up outside of.  "Absolutely!" Spinellie replied, a hint of optimism in her voice, seemingly content with the change of plan.

Kurt stopped in his tracks to kneel along the bus, half way up.  He didn't share the same enthusiasm for the new plan, in fact, he was quite livid.  As he saw it, this would substantially weaken their offensive.  Lightly shaking his head, grumbling, he'd dig around in one of his ammo pouches, pulling out a half empty flask of whiskey.  Quickly screwing off the cap before throwing his head back to dump the last of it's contents down his throat.  Kurt would then vigorously shake the water from his soaked head, leaving it a matted mess as his eyes burnt with a feral rage, bearing his fangs in a guttural growl as he exchanged the flask for a bayonet.  "It's time to go fishing" he snarled, sliding the tarnished East German blade into the AK's bayonet lug, his snarl turning into a sinister grin.  He'd launch from the kneeling position, crouched just under the bus's beltline as he made his way to the front corner of the bus, drawing his gun around the corner without hesitation, quickly squeezing off seven rounds in the car's general direction before he'd fall back behind the bus.

While Kurt attacked, Peircen took the opportunity to situate herself.  Turning about to rest her rifle on the edge of the truck bed, positioning herself so that the cab was in Kensie's line of sight, hopefully sparing her from another AR assault.  A collection of water droplets on the lens of her scope obstructed her sight, but she had no time.  Aiming for the top of the driver's side door, she squeezed one off, the rifle buckled into her shoulder, tweaking the bolt to load the next round as she went to duck behind the bed again.

Spinelli turned her attention from the wrecks just outside to the deep end of the archway.  The nook was cast in shadows, but she made out a door as the sky flickered, followed by a clap of thunder.  Stepping into the darkness, she'd grab the metal lever of what appeared to be a thick wooden door.  To her misfortune, the lever wouldn't budge.  Frustrated, she'd forcefully jerk at the handle.  "UGH!  Mother **censor**!"  she'd shout, giving the lever one last yank before stepping back, raising her AR to blast four holes into the lever panel, the muzzle flash lighting up the dark archway.  Without thinking, she stepped back before lunging into the door with her shoulder.  The doorframe cracked but the solid door didn't give.  Spinelli would stumble back, fazed and momentarily maimed by the dense impact.