The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Surviving the Apocalypse! (Closed)  (Read 14615 times)

Offline ..::Axel Flames::..

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • "This Wolf still has Teeth" -Grommash Hellscream
  • Species: Wolverine
  • Coloring: I mixture of all sorts of brown colors
  • Build: Thin and lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Haven't RPed in awhile and I'm a bit rusty
Re: Surviving the Apocalypse! (Closed)
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2015, 06:36:29 AM »
"Alright, stay with me" Rohnan turned and made his way around the firing field by ducking behind a few old broken down cars and quickly roll across large gaps where he could've been spotted, but the wild african dog managed to completely flank the enemy group to spot a woman. Pressing himself behind a metal barrel he slowly looked around his hidding spot to see that it was some sort of feline and took a deep breath, Rohnan then shot out from his postion and devlivered a hard sucker punch to Peicen's jaw with his covered hard leathered fist then tackled her to the ground and pinned her paws behind her back.

"Out of all those colors Red is the one that travels the Farthest"-Axel

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2015, 09:13:14 PM »
Angder follows, but seeing Rohnan had it under control instead concentrates on watching his back, making sure no-one else came to the cannibals rescue.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #197 on: August 01, 2015, 02:10:33 AM »
Kensie ducked down from Kurts shots, most hitting the Charges hood and push bar, but one bullet striking her tail. The shark let out a pained hiss and aimed her AR at the bus, sending round after round through the burnt sheet metal along the length of it until her gun clicked at the last trigger pull. So much for saving ammunition. She squinted and covered her eyes from the rain, trying to make out through the downpour if she had hit anything. "Jacob, I cant see shit, turn on the lights!" She yelled. The fox turned and nodded, curling down for a moment as a bullet wizzed over his head before crawling into the drivers seat. His paws fumbled around the diffrent switches, finally finding the one he needed and flipping it forward. The light bar on top of the car flashed to life, filling the street with white, red, and blue light and illuminating the area just in time for Kensie to see Rohnan charge one of the cannibles. "What the **censor** are those two doing?!" She growled.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: August 01, 2015, 06:51:59 PM »

As Kensie's assault on the bus commenced, Kurt remain kneeled.  His head still stooped to look down the iron sights, the rifle tight to his shoulder and at the ready as one of the penetrating rounds crossed right before his nose and connected with the AK's bolt, which sent the rifle's dust cover flying.  He hit the deck while holding a hand over his eyes, which had been dusted with lead shrapnel, wincing as the shark riddled the length of the bus.  Squinting as he drew his hand away; his face stung, but luckily, he could still see.  Kurt then pulled up the AK to inspect it; being too dark to make out any damage to the internals, he drew his fingers along the now exposed bolt and recoil spring before pulling the bolt back and letting it loose.  It successfully ejected a live round and chambered the next, everything seemed to be  in working order.

Spinelli gathered herself, once again taking a step back from the door before making an attempt to kick it in.  The doorframe around the latch cracked even more, but the door still wouldn't budge.  She grunted in frustration, kicking it again and again before the doorframe shattered and the door flung open.  She'd clear the dark stairwell just behind the door, frantically ascending into complete darkness.  Just as she cleared the stairs, a faint flash of blue and red shined through a third story window at the top of the second flight of stairs, conveniently illuminating it for her.  She'd sprint up the second staircase to the barred window, smashing the glass with the butt of her rifle before positioning herself.  The bars providing her a steady place to rest her rifle, but it restricted movement and worsened the already poor visibility.

Peircen slowly leaned over to peer under the clearance of the Toyota, trying to track any movement from the two hunkered down behind the cruiser, but it was getting dark and difficult to make out anything through the downpour.  She'd quickly turn away as the light bar started to flicker, only to be knocked to the ground as the wild dog's first connected with her jaw.  The jaguar flinched as her hands were pinned behind her, squinting at the emergency lights while her head soaking in a puddle of diluted anti-freeze, completely disorientated.  "In position" Spinelli's voice sounded over Peircen's radio, which was muffled beneath her chest, but still audible.  "Fritz can take out those cherries and berries, keep the bastards down" Kurt's voice blared over the radio.  "Reg, if you could blind uhm with that spot light, I'd be able to rush uhm!" he followed up.  Peircen tried to roll against the weight of the flanker as she helplessly listened in to the transmissions, but she was too fatigued to break loose.  "Reggie!?"  Kurt barked into the radio, impatiently awaiting Peircen's confirmation.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: August 01, 2015, 09:01:02 PM »
ANgder, seeing no-one is immediately coming there way, starts to tie their hostage up. "Won't be long before they come down lookin for it. Get ready to... ya know... put a knife to her throat, hopefully they will care enough about my own to not kill the three of us..."

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2015, 02:39:17 AM »
A smile came to both their faces as they saw Rohnan deck one of the cannibles and pin her to the ground. "Alright" Kensie said, looking to Jacob. "We are going to get the one behind the bus. Ill take the front, and I want you to pull the car up and block the back so he has no place to run." The shark whipped the water from he snout and flicked her hand before reaching for the flash grenade on her vest. "Then Ill flash him."

"This doesn't sound to safe, but hell if I have a better idea." Jacob replied, cautiously sitting up in the drivers seat. He turned the key and the car rummbled to life; slamming the door and putting it in gear. The fox watched as Kensie dashed from the car and flattened her back against the bus, inching slowly along until she neared the front, looking back at him through the pouring rain and giving him a nod. Putting the car in gear, he swiveled the car around and went forward, blocking off the back of the bus and ducking down.

As soon as Jacob had the back blocked, Kensie pulled the pin on the gernade and threw it. She heard it ping off off of something before landing on the ground behind the bus, quickly followed by a bang and a bright flash of light.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: August 16, 2015, 02:28:49 AM »
(So is this dead?)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: August 16, 2015, 02:30:00 AM »
((I was waiting on ursula ._.))

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: August 16, 2015, 02:57:03 AM »
(Dead?  I hope not, but I'm not sure.  I figured I'd keep to systematic turns, so I've been waiting on Foxy.  I know there's not a whole heck of a lot she can do in the current situation, but.. Yeah!  Am I doing something wrong?  Call me out =P)

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: August 16, 2015, 06:38:25 AM »
(No no, your fine. I was thinking it was Foxys turn also)

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2015, 07:17:11 PM »
(So, I was just thinking.  We could keep this rp rolling till Foxy comes back from her hiatus, even if it's a momentary 1x1 cutaway.  I think there's plenty of side-characters to work with; like Vex and Robby, and I could inject a few characters back at the hospital.  I think it would be interesting to see how the situation develops on both ends of the ordeal.  Jacob, let me know if you're interested.  I can throw some characters together and see what you think.  Let me know =) )
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:12:44 PM by Ursula »

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2015, 01:21:23 PM »
(Yeah sure, we can do that. And Angder, if you want to create a hospital character too you can join in)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2015, 05:29:11 PM »
((I won't at this stage, but when I see an opening I might jump in))

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2015, 03:07:52 AM »
*CHARACTER 1

Name: Lola Gleisner; sometimes referred to as "Doctor Gleisner," 'Doctor' being used more as a rank than an actuality in this case.

Looks:  Lola stands at 5' 8" with a thin build.  Her muzzle, as well as most of her face, is black; including her long, messy mohawk that falls towards the left side of her head, and continues down the length of her neck.  Around her neck, she wears a sterling chain neckless with a long cylindrical whistle pendant which looks somewhat ornamental.  The rest of her face and neck are varying shades of tan.  Her tail is naturally short, and isn't docked.  The right side of her face is covered in severe burn scars and patchy fur; similar scars are also present on the right side of her neck and chest.  Most of her right ear is crudely hacked away and heavily scarred with a similarly severe hack scar that starts at her right nostril and ends at the center of her chin.  Also, her left pointer and thumb are amputated at the joint.

Lola's eyes are hidden behind a pair of circular sunglasses that she's almost never seen without; being mostly blind (she can make out light, sometimes colors and objects), she carries a simplistic black cane that sheaths a 15" blade (Her blindness, as well as her scars, are all due to a peacekeeping op gone wrong.  While working as a diplomat; she was captured, held hostage, and tortured by an outside group).  Regardless of the apocalypse, she dresses rather professionally; wearing a white long-sleeved blouse that's dirtied with washed-out blood stains and other varying blemishes in the fabric.  The blouse is tucked into a black pencil skirt, coupled with black 4" heels that push her height closer to six foot; an impractical outfit for an impractical person that's described by her peers as a stubborn and dangerous visionary with poor insight.

Species: Spotted Hyena

History: Lola, much like many of her peers, was employed by the hospital prior to the fall.  Where she worked as a therapist at the mental healthcare facility located north east of the hospital, just beyond its newly found walls.  Currently the mental healthcare building, while still standing strong, is plundered and goes generally unutilized.  During the formation of the hospital colony, Lola conspired against Robby in attempt to establish her own policies.  She was fearlessly outspoken, but her push for authority was viewed by most of the group as treacherous, and her ideas were seen as unrealistic. Her attempt failed, but her life was spared.  While the true reason remains unknown, she was likely spared due to the fact that she had a fallowing, and her death might have sparked a divide amongst the group, or that her boldness was better off being integrated rather than snuffed.

In current times, Lola operates out of the Englewood Research Center north of the hospital, where she manages outpost operations via radio tower, which makes her relevant regarding trade and diplomacy issues.  She also maintains a newly proven ammo recycling station where specific empty shells are repacked, and has intention to start work on other renewable resources and expansions, like alternative fuel and the seeding of a new colony (the Old Town Hall Outpost being the most suitable candidate).  Lola and her loyalists do not function independently of the hospital; instead, they're viewed as a distinct group of the same faction.  Lola also filters all her ideas and concerns through Robby and is mostly reliant on the hospital for food and supplies.

*CHARACTER 2

Name: Isaac; 'Dogo' is a common nickname.

Looks: Isaac is six feet of pure muscle; with his short, cropped ears, a scar on his left brow, and an entirely white, short fur coat with no markings.  He has deep brown eyes, solid stance and dauntingly stoic gaze, with his tail docked short with his hair buzzed even shorter.  He wears a light olive drab, double breasted Romanian military trench coat with an olive drab molle combat vest overtop.  The vest is loaded out with a canteen bag, utility pouch, knife sheath, radio pouch and an anglehead military grade flashlight clipped to the chest.  He wears a gasmask bag at his left with the strap slung over his right shoulder, a 50rd shotgun shell bandolier slung over his left shoulder, a pair of binoculars and round motorcycle goggles around his neck, and an olive drab rucksack on his back.  He also wears olive drab trousers that are tucked into a pair of broken-in jack boots.  Isaac is equipped with a Mossberg 590 w/solid stock which he keeps slung over his right shoulder with a 2-point sling.

Species: Dogo Argentino

History:  Prior to the apocalypse, Isaac was Kurt's drinking buddy and colleague.  Both of which were on the road doing fabrication work at Ventura Laboratories.  While they were only buddies back then, the struggles of the new world brought them together as brothers.  Early on after the downfall, Isaac became politically involved in the organization of the hospital clan where he wholeheartedly backed Lola with her push for power, while Kurt remained completely indifferent.  After Lola's movement fell through, Isaac made it his personal mission to organize and train Lola's advocates, which later gave birth to a small militia that pledged full allegiance to Lola.  The militia was commonly referred to as Lola's 'SS'.  Which became a name and identity they happily adopted.

Fallowing Lola's misfortune with a peacekeeping mission that left her blind and two of her SS members dead, Isaac stepped up to become her personal assistant.

(So, these are the characters.  Err, nazi cannibals!  Yee!  Anywho, I was thinking that we could start the cutaway 30min post-skirmish, where things are just starting to calm down and the storm has set in.  Let me know if everything sounds kosher.  I had a long day at work, so I'll post the starter tomorrow.)

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2015, 01:35:33 PM »
(Looks good! I think since the hospitals a thing now, Im going to make another character as well, the head of it all.)

Name: Wilhelm Shüttler, called Führer by many people in the hospital.

Species: Doberman pincher

Apperance: As most Dobermans are, Wilhelms fur is mostly black, save for the rustic orange on the bottom of his muzzle and the "socks" going down his arms and legs. He has long cropped ears and a short docked tail, an apperance he has found suiting, more professional, and placed upon many others under his command. He stands at around 5'11 with a medium build, but with his posture being near impeccable,  he always appears taller then he really is, and walks around with a confident and commanding air about him. The clothes he wears is a gray Nazi Wehrmacht uniform, complete with grade and SS insignia. The uniform itself is flawless, with no sign of wrinkle or tare, and his black combat boots and insignia are polished brightly.  Two black leather gloves cover his hands to match a black leather holster at his side, carrying a Styer M1912.

Background: Wilhelm was a german doctor and lead surgion at St. Judes hospital. After the downfall he remained there, gathering together any remaining staff to build back up and fortify the buildings grounds, while calling out to others on the outside to come join his "last becon of hope for society". Many saw him as a great and strong leader, and were drawn in by his words, bolstering the hospitals numbers in the beginning days and nearly tripleing what they once were. But as things began to settledown Wilhelms bright and friendly outward apperance began to change. Only those who worked closly with him could tell that the doctor wasnt quite right in the head, and those who came in by his speeches quickly found out the mistake they had made. It started off with a raid of a history museum which brought back box after box of Nazi uniforms and equipment, all which the inhabitants were forced to wear while listening to Wilhelms speeches of german purity and the flawlessness of the Nazi movment. Shortly after came the ear croppings and tail docking, performed by the medical staff. And after that came the concept of cannibalism. An idea proposed by the Führer that many rejected at first, but had to end up adopting after other food supplies were thrown out. Those who tried to leave were shot, and any rebellions were beat down with a swift and brutal fist. Only the loyal, and the scared, remained. Now Wilhelm runs the hospital for what it is today, never leaving his office from the top floor and only meeting with a handful of his followers to carry out his orders, Robby being included in that group.