The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Surviving the Apocalypse! (Closed)  (Read 14614 times)

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
Re: Surviving the Apocalypse! (Closed)
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2015, 01:17:57 AM »
"The hell.."  Lola grumbled as her hip bumped into the corner of a hospital bed which was parked along the wall of a dark ground floor corridor.  Isaac turned back to Lola, holding a lit kerosene lantern over his head, which softly illuminated the hallway.  "Bed" Isaac calmly informed her as she slowly made her way along the side of it, drawing her open palm along the cushion.  "I'm aware"  she crossly muttered while she withdrew her hand; bringing her fingers to her nose to give them a brief sniff.  She'd wrinkle her nose as a look of disgust came arouse her face.  "Uhg.. Animals.  What is this even doing down here?" She aimlessly ranted; Isaac gave no answer, he'd instead turn back and continue down the dark hallway till they made it to a stairwell that was labeled with a 'G'.

Isaac started to ascend the stairs, periodically looking over his shoulder to see if Lola was fallowing.  Lola, while blind, was able to make out the light of the lantern, which Isaac used to lead her on, as well as navigate the unlit passages.  Isaac made it to the top, once again holding the lantern above his head, lighting the stairwell as Lola also cleared the stairs.  First floor was slightly better lit than ground floor, with a window just at the end of the hall, which they made their way to.  Issac peered out the window just as Lola arrived at his side.  He could make out most of the hospital courtyard from here, which Isaac took a few moments to scan.  It was raining moderately while the late evening sky seemed to grow darker by the second as the storm approached from the east.

Just out the window was a guard in a poncho, standing under the peristyle and out of the rain.  Just as the guard drew a zippo to light a cigarette, he took notice of the two standing in the window.  The guard paused to nod at them; Isaac returned the nod before continuing down the hallway to their left.  "The courtyard seems in order" Isaac reassured Lola as they passed by an entrance to the cafeteria, "and so does the kitchen" she responded with a light chuckle, passively sniffing the air.  Before long the two arrived at Robby's office; Isaac took a few moments to fasten the lantern to his side and collect himself before lightly knocking on the door with the back of his knuckle.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2015, 02:32:07 AM »
Robby's ears perked as he heard a knock on his door, setting down one of the medical reports he was looking at and getting up from his desk with a stretch before heading over and opening it up. "Ah Lola, Isaac, please do come in." He said with a grin, opening the door wider and stepping away from it. "Pleasure to see you both, and what do I owe this visit?"
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 02:35:49 AM by Jacob Hail »
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2015, 04:22:59 AM »
Isaac took a single step into the room before he'd extend his right arm with a flattened hand, formally greeting Robby with "Heil Shü—" "Easy boy!" Lola interrupted with a halfhearted chuckle as she made her way around him, ducking under his extended arm.  Lola would hand her cane off to Isaac before she'd step in front of him, straightening her posture as she folded her hands over her lap, facing Robby.  "The pleasure is all ours, Doctor."  She said while smiling calmly.  "If you have a few minutes, I'd like to ask you some questions regarding the little scuffle in the courtyard.  I've been hearing some rather unsettling things."  She said while giving him a nervous smile, hoping that what she had heard was no more than gossip.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2015, 07:30:45 AM »
Robby returned Isaacs salute before turning his attention back to Lola. "Ah yes, the lads from the fire department. They tried attacking us, or so Ive heard, Aaron (the cheetah from earlier) isnt saying much about the incident yet. I can try and answer as many of your questions as I can, but unless this is about the one we've captured then Im not sure how much help Im going to be." The wolf walked back over to his desk, knocking some papers onto the floor as he leaned back onto it, the wide grin still on his face.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2015, 03:03:08 AM »

"That's odd" Lola said as she turned away from the two, straying a few steps away from them as she got lost in thought.  She'd fold her hands together, keeping her middle fingers erect as she pressed them to her lips.  "Isaac, radio Sid.  Tell her to inform the outposts, I want town hall on lockdown till farther notice."  Lola asked while turning about to face them again, casually resting her hands on her hips with her thumbs tucked into the front of her skirt's waistband.  Isaac looked down to draw the ham from his radio pouch, clasping it as he held it to his mouth. "Aye Sid, its Isaac.  There's been an incident at the hospital.  We need the outposts on their toes, put town hall on lockdown till farther notice.  No exceptions. Over."  Isaac said before holding the radio away from his face.  "Copy" Sid replied only a few seconds later.

Lola took a deep breath through her clenched teeth, tilting her head back as she sighed heavily, taking another moment to gather her thoughts.  "I think we have a lot of mutual questions" she'd say while blankly looking off at the far wall of his office.  "This captive, though. I believe they'd be able to answer most of them" she said while vigorously tapping her right pointer finger against her thigh.  "What can you tell me about them?  Maybe an interview can be arranged?" She added.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2015, 03:35:26 AM »
"An interview? Well we can try, she hasnt been talking nearly at all, but youre welcome to give it a shot. Follow me, we have her locked in the basement." Getting up from the desk, Robby walks past Isaac and into the hall, moving towards the stairwell and heading down. "The captive's name is Vex, second in command at the firestation from what we can tell. Stayed behind so the others in her group could get away, cracked a few skulls with a sledgehammer before she was subdued." The wolf said as he made it to the ground floor and continued down to the lower level, flicking on a lighter and illuminating a rusty door before them. He took out a set of keys and inserted them into the lock. "Shes tough, going to be hard to break, but we do have something to our advantage. She was captured here a long time ago, but escaped, ended up being taken in by the firestation and hates coming back. I can just feel her uneasiness anytime she does. She might not show it, but shes afraid." Opening the door up the wolf lead the group into a corridor, exposed pipes and wires running the length of it. Robby began to whistle as they continued along, stopping outside of a door and promptly unlocking it. Inside sat a vixen strapped to a chair, a bare low hanging bulb barley illuminating the rough condition she was in. Cuts and bruises littered her body, most in the form of claw marks and bites, the deeper ones still bleeding. Her shirt was nearly shredded, revealing a long slash across her stomach covered by a hastily applied bandage. The foxes mohawk was in a mess, and dried blood cacked the left side if her face from a cut above her eye. "Rise and shine Vex, you have visitors.

Vex slowly raised her head and glared at the three, narrowing her eyes. She would probably be yelling and cursing if it weren't for the gag in her mouth, so instead she let out a low growl.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:16:13 PM by Jacob Hail »

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2015, 04:45:36 AM »
Lola brushed past Robby's shoulder as she strolled into the small, musty room; which echoed with the clack of her heels and the metallic scrape of her cane as she drew the end of it across the solid floor.  She wandered close to Vex with a stooped posture, holding her cane out at a forty-five degree angle.  The end of the cane gently knocked the front leg of the chair; Lola smirked as she lightly rapped her cane against the back leg, taking a long sidestep behind Vex.  She'd then press herself firmly into the back of the chair, pinning the cane as she rested her hands on the vixen's shoulders.

"Isaac, pull up the table.  It's tea time!"  She said with enthusiasm.  Isaac then lugged over a heavy commercial dining table that screeched across the floor like nails on a chalkboard, placing it square to Vex before setting his kerosene lantern atop it.  He'd twist the body of the lantern a quarter turn before lifting it from the base, exposing the open flame.   He'd then pull up a computer chair to set his rucksack on, digging out a ring-stand which he'd place over the flame, setting a large beaker upon it after dumping the contents of his canteen into it.

Lola strongly grasped Vex's shoulders as she started to firmly roll her thumbs into her traps. "Poor thing is as tense as could be." She'd say before leaning in to brush her cheek along the side of the vixen's head.  "Relax sweetheart" she'd rasp while bearing her yellowed fangs in a cynical grin, her lanky fingers working up the length of Vex's neck.  "Isaac, this would be a good time to tell Robby about the progress of our little cat project" Lola said.  "Cat project?" He responded in surprise, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yes, did you bring the file?" She asked.  "Well, yes.. But—" he mumbled.  "Then **censor** GO!  NOW!  I need some privacy" she barked, pushing her cold hands down along Vex's collar bone.

"Yes Ma'am" Isaac promptly replied, quickly placing a wooden box on the table before pulling a white binder from his rucksack.  With no more time wasted, he'd throw the pack over his shoulder and lead Robby back into the corridor, closing the door behind him.  He'd turn on the anglehead flashlight clipped to his vest before flipping through the binder, holding it into the light.  "The boys have been working on a special vehicle" he said, flipping through a few papers of drawings.  The rough sketches depicted what seemed to be a militarized bulldozer.  "She's not quite done yet.. The plan was to present it to the Führer upon completion" he added.

Lola released Vex of her grasp, rolling up the sleeves of her blouse as she wandered over to the side of the table.  Her forearms were wrapped in a ribbon of hide, which fastened hunting knife holsters to each of her arms.  "So, Jax finally went mad, huh?"  She said while unwinding the hide ribbon one arm at a time; tossing the sheathed knives on the table before rewrapping the hide around her hands.  "I, too, enjoy a good melee weapon, Miss Sledgehammer" she said while balling both of her hands into fists, flexing the wrap.  Lola then started to unbutton her blouse before reaching inside, drawing a Glock 43 from a veiled pistol rig.  "Though, unlike you, I'm not a complete idiot" she said while waving the handgun around a bit.  Lola dropped the loaded magazine from the gun into her free hand, stuffing the mag into her pistol rig.  "Seriously, what were you thinking?" She asked, while tapping the gun's muzzle against her head.

"Not talkin' huh?"  Lola grumbled after a moment of silence, tossing the pistol on the table before she'd reach out to grasp Vex firmly by the jaw.  "Ah, they've got you gagged" she laughed, walking behind the fox again to undo the gag, pulling it free of her mouth and tossing it to the floor.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:25:44 AM by Ursula »

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2015, 02:20:43 PM »
Vex coughed as the gag was pulled from her mouth, nearly vomiting from the taste of putrid and dirty fabric they put in her mouth. Her body shuddered and the fur on the back of her neck stood on end as she thought about the paws touching her, and who they belonged to. Distgusting cannibles. "**censor**. You." The fox growled after composing herself, her eyes looking down to glancing over all the weapons on the table, a look of resentment spreading over her features. Quickly turning to Lola, Vex spat at her, sending a glob of blood filled saliva onto the hyenas blouse.

Robby grabbed the binder and looked over the sketches, his grin seemingly to get bigger. "This looks very very nice, quote an unstoppable vehicle indeed. If we do go to war with the ones at the firestation, then that could easily take down their walls." He looked back up at Isaac, handing the binder over to him. "The Führer will be pleased, now we only need something to match their cruisers and this war will be over before it began. So how is the progress on the Cat coming along?"

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2015, 01:24:26 AM »
Lola lightly cringed as the spit hit her under the collar.  She'd wipe it from her blouse before smearing it between her thumb and pointer, a look of disgust coming across her face as she sighed in frustration.  Filthy little slag she thought, the annoyance in her expression quickly subsided as she forced a weak smirk.  "You've got balls, I can respect that" she said while wiping her fingers on her sleeve.  "I'm going to make the assumption that you don't care to chit 'chat, that's fine.  I'm not here to chat, I'm here to reason."  She said in a calm demeanor.  "Though, I'll warn you, if you spit on me again, you'll be missing a finger.  Whether you're still breathing by the end of this is no concern of mine" she advised, briefly raising her left hand to display her severed pointer and thumb.  "So, why so upset darling?  Did you not ask for this?"  She continued, placing her hands on her hips.

Isaac flipped through a few pages before coming to a written report with a couple instant camera photos fastened to its edge with a paperclip.  The photo on top was that of a large yellow bulldozer riding on an adequate flatbed semi-trailer.  "It's a Caterpillar D11, plenty bigger than she looks in the picture."  He said.  "Picked her up at a quarry outside of the city, a good hour south if you take I-15.  Took another two days to get it back up here though; the interstate was a little too cluttered for the semi-tractor.. It was a grueling haul, but we made it back in one piece" he'd say while plucking the first photo from the clip, placing it under the second photo.

The second was a progress photo, with a crew of familiar faces posing in front of it.  There was a massive steel construction of riveted plates that enclosed the body of the dozer.  The construction was generally boxy, aside from the protruding cab armor and front quarter which had 45-degree panels with gun ports and small view slits on each side.  "The hull is complete; double three-quarter-inch thick steel platting all the way around, she'll be impervious to small arms fire.  We're just working out some kinks; gunner compartment cooling for the front quarter is necessary, as well as some anti-infantry elements, like exhaust grates.  Just in case we get some of the bastards crawling all over the thing with a concussion grenade, or something.  Other than that, a fresh coat of tractor paint.  I was envisioning a panzer grey." he said while momentarily scratching the back of his neck.

"With a few extra hands, I think we could get it all up and running within a few days at the most if necessary.  As for those cruisers, we've been passively working on a turret system for a smaller dozer, intended as anti-infantry support for the D11, but that project is far off yet" he added while closing the binder; tucking it under his arm as he pulled a brushed metal cigarette case from his vest.  "Any thoughts?" He said while drawing one of a dozen cigarettes from the case, placing it in his mouth. "Cigarette?" He'd ask, holding the case out to Robby.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 01:26:06 AM by Ursula »

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2015, 03:18:14 AM »
"Did I ask for this? Did I ASK FOR THIS!?" Vex said with a snear, the leather straps holding her in place creaking against the vixens strength. "Bitch you must be **censor**' looney. Me and my guys came here for med supplies an' a favor from Robby. Thats it. But then I walk out the office and the halls thick with you freaks. I get attacked, and the next thing I know Im strapped to a chair being interogated by a burnt bitch." She growled.

"Excellent excellent!" Robby said, grabbing a cigarette and lighting it. "The Führer will be most pleased, and that panzer gray, couldnt of picked a better color to his liking." The wolf looked up at Isaac, his grin seemingly to get wider. "We will have to allocate more resources to this project. But, my only thoughts on it, are the bottom. What have you done to prevent damage from mines?"

(I guess I should mention Vex has a Boston-ish accent. Might make her grammar more understandable)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 03:25:23 AM by Jacob Hail »

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2015, 04:32:39 PM »

Lola smirked, snickering through her sinus as she lightly shook her head in response to the insult.  "Your men started some trouble in the courtyard" she said while walking over to the side of the table, focusing on the glow of the lantern.  "It's not hard to believe, your men are poorly disciplined, Jax must be getting soft.  I've heard he keeps you around as his vice; you're just some naive bimbo with an attitude problem as far as I can tell.  You can't even control your own anger, you should be embarrassed." She talked down to her, holding her calm tone.  Lola tried her best not to lose her temper in front of Vex, who was coming off as more violent and clueless than she had originally expected, but Lola's patience was growing thin.  "How do you think we should handle this?"  She added while reaching out to draw one of the hunting knives from its sheath.  She'd hold it in front of herself, lightly tracing her fingers along the clean blade.

Isaac lit the cig, taking a long drag as he listened.  He was immensely content with Robby's enthusiasm for the project.  "We've cut out half-inch plates that are bolted over the frame's recesses underneath.  I can't see them employing mines; though, if they were to, the blade would scrape them up."  Isaac said while crossing his left forearm over his stomach; resting his right elbow on his paw as he made casual gestures with his right hand as he spoke.  "Using plastic explosives on the undercarriage or belly would be devastating for the dozer, no doubt.  She's big, slow, and for the most part, blind.. 'a sitting duck, especially given the urban environment, enemies can come from literally anywhere.  A division needs to be organized with the sole purpose of defense, so that the crawler crew can fulfill their sole purpose, bringing down the station's fortifications and luckily, their morale" Isaac stated while taking another long drag of his cig, starting to casually pace in front of Robby.

(Ah.  I was assuming that actually.  Coolest accent that's ever existed!! =3)

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2015, 08:13:05 PM »
"My men? You mean one woman ina car ordered to stay there? And no other orders coming from Jax over my radio? Im going to go ahead and call out yer bullshit." Vex replied very condenscendingly, relaxing back into the chair. "And its funny that you call Jax inadequate, because speakin'a soft leaders, hows the kraut doin? Still up in his office being usless?" A smile came across the vixens face, even at the presence of the knife. "An you seem to have a sight problem. How are YOU not embarrassed goin out into public lookin like someone took a blow torch to your face? Oops, maybe they did." Vex roared in laughter, obviously trying to get a rise out of Lola. The grin never left her faced as she locked eyes with the hyena. "And I know exactly what we can do. Listen carfully." She leaned forward. "You can take that nice, and shove it up your ass. Maybe you can use it to dig out the' stick!"

"Well, then we better focus on that other plan of yours also. Because as long as they have those cruisers they can pick off our defenders while speeding by. And they are quite fast. Perhaps if we find a way to pop the tires we could..." But Robby was cut off by the door opening at the end of the hall, a figure walking through it. The wolf turned to see who it was before quickly snapping to attention, extending out his arm and shouting "Hail, my Führer!"

Wilhelm walked down the hallway up to the two, his hands dolded neatly behind his back as he gave a nod to Robbys salute. "So gentlemen, vhat is going on down here? I heard ve have a captive from the attack no?"

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2015, 03:53:05 AM »
Lola impatiently listened with a slight grimace on her face and a minor tremble in her hands, still drawing the hunting knife between her fingers.  By the time Vex had finished, the hyena immediately drove the end of the knife into the tabletop.  The ceiling danced with aquatic reflections as the water in the beaker rippled from the shock.  Before the water could settle, Lola flipped the table, which crashed against the floor, sending the pistol, knives, ring-stand, wooden box and lantern clattering across the linoleum, while the beaker burst into pieces.  The vixen's insolence had triggered an eruption of pent up aggression; being a dedicated SS platoon commander, Lola had no choice but to bottle up her emotions, which made her a ticking time-bomb.

The loss of the lantern left the confines of the room in darkness, which Lola emerged from as she took a stride towards Vex, the dim bulb hanging above the fox bringing the hyena into light as she'd reach out and grab a fist full of Vex's mohawk.  She'd then pluck her sunglasses from her face before tossing them to the floor; leaning in as she tightened the grasp on her hair, forcing her to look into her goulash eyes.  Her right eyelids were scarred and pursed over a healed socket, while her left eye was eerily pale and lifeless.  "You need to watch your mother**censored** TONGUE!" She'd bellow; wedging her heel behind the rear leg of the chair as she violently shoved Vex, which sent the chair toppling backwards to the floor.

Lola lodged her right heel against Vex's sternum, leering down at her.  "You know, the only thing our Caterpillar is missing is a good figurehead" she said.  "A first row seat to the massacre, how about it?" She'd say with a chuckle, tucking her thumbs into the front waistband of her skirt.  "We could find you a real nice dress, I have quite a collection you could choose from.  I wouldn't mind your friends at the station putting a few bullet holes through one of 'uhm" she continued, leaning into Vex as she casually twisted the heel left to right.  "Or we could wrap you in a Nazi flag?  Ah, yes.  Wouldn't that be glorious?"  She said with the wickedest of grins.

Isaac continued to pace as he listened to Robby, when he was interrupted mid-stride by a loud crash and the sound of glass shattering behind the door.  He looked up to observe the door with his back facing Robby, assuming he had been distracted by the same thing, until he heard Robby snap to attention and shout.  Isaac was struck with a sudden anxiety; quickly swiveling about, he'd snap to attention and stiff-arm salute Shüttler.  "Heil, my Führer!" Isaac echoed Robby, before standing at attention.  Just as the Führer finished his question, a second crash could be heard from behind the door, causing Isaac to look over his shoulder while passively placing a hand on his shotgun.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:16:27 AM by Ursula »

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2015, 04:31:45 AM »
Wilhelm glanced over at the door as the crash echoed before raising an eyebrow at Isaac and Robby, grasping the handle and opening it up. Vex was in the middle of telling Lola where she can shove her Nazi flag when the doberman stepped in, making her fall silent. "Its nice to see you are handling zings like usual Lola. But may I suggest using different interrogation tactics next time. Zis one seems to be a bit... unorthodox." He kicked aside some of the stuff laying on the floor and made his way over to the two, bending over slightly to look down at Vex. "And how is our prisoner doing today?" He asked.

"**censor** you Franz." Was all he got in reply from the vixen, coughing and squirming a bit under Lolas heel.

"Cute." Shüttler said, turning to look at Lola. "And what information have you gained from ze captive? Was zere a reason for the attack?" He asked.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:47:26 AM by Jacob Hail »

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: September 03, 2015, 03:34:26 AM »
Lola turned her attention towards the door as somebody entered, being able to make out the glow of Isaac's flashlight as he fallowed Wilhelm into the room.  Isaac positioned himself next to the door; dousing the end of the cigarette against the bottom of his jack boot before placing it behind his ear.  He'd then hold the white binder to his chest with one arm, observing Lola as Wilhelm spoke.  Lola listened attentively before slightly bowing her head, gravely embarrassed of her uncivilized behavior.  She'd then return her attention to Vex as the doberman addressed her, sharply jabbing her heel into the vixen's chest fallowing her disrespectful response before stepping off of her.  "I'm afraid not, my Führer" Lola said while correcting her posture, folding her hands behind her back.

"This one claims she was executing a regular trade op when we attacked her" she'd say while lightly kicking Vex in the shoulder a single time.  "She also mentioned something about, ahh.. Robby owing her a favor?  I believe Aaron could provide—" she pausing mid-sentence to look over at Isaac as his radio started to sound.  "This is Command Post; I got a report back from Town Hall.  Blackcat and her crew haven't reported to outpost for regrouping yet, they're standing by for further orders.  Also, Hal just put in a requesting to reschedule that supply run for as early as tomorrow morning.  Over."  Sid announced over the radio.  "Odd" Lola muttered, lightly shrugging as she'd turned back to Wilhelm.  "I think we need to find out what happened in the courtyard.  Robby informed me that Aaron may know something" she said.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:21:20 AM by Ursula »