The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Surviving the Apocalypse! (Closed)  (Read 14605 times)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: Surviving the Apocalypse! (Closed)
« Reply #285 on: November 23, 2015, 05:44:17 PM »
Angder swallows hard. Some part of him wondered if he could have easily been in the same seat. He muumbles something incoherent, and dashes for the kitchen. Nervously searching for some rags, he finds some quickly, but decides to remain searching. Listening to the events from the kitchen.

If he heard fire. He was leaving. Right here, right now. He was not hanging around with a gang of torturers.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #286 on: November 25, 2015, 06:18:18 AM »
Peircen was left silent as Jacob walked out of the café, her face chiseled by the shadows casted from her brood expression.  She'd narrow her lips while watching Jacob's silhouette move against the windows; the impulse to verbally mock him starting to escape her as fear started to set in, a fear that not even her merciless ego could conceal.  The jaguar would hunch forward slightly as Jacob stepped back through the doorway, stooping her head while she glared at him.  She remained quiet, carefully observing him as he approached her with the light to his back, peering up as the fox's dark figure came to stand before her, just in time to take the first swig of kerosene to the eyes.  "AARGH!  What the **censor**?!!"  The jaguar howled while clenching her eyes shut, trying to endure the burning sensation as he emptied the container on her.  Everything Jacob said after that went in one ear and out the other as she started to break into a panic, violently pulling at one of her arms in attempt to bring her elbow above the ratchet strap, only then would she be able to get enough leverage to draw some slack in the rope.  If she got loose, she'd likely get shot, but it was better than the alternative.

Kurt looked on at Jacob with a death glare as he spoke.  "No no no!!"  Peircen yelled just after the fox finished his sentence.  Undistracted by the cat's cries, the shepherd continued to leer at the fox in silence, resenting him more and more with every passing second. 

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #287 on: November 25, 2015, 05:22:46 PM »
"Jacob that is ENOUGH!" Kensie yelled as she shot up from her chair. "NO!" The fox replied, turning and jabbing a finger at her with a look of sheer rage on his face. "Im done pissing around with these freaks. Every moment we spend here, jerking each other off, those bastards are probably doing the same shit to Vex, and there isnt **censor** SHIT we can do about it! You heard them yourself, they arnt valuable at all to the hospital, so a prisoner trade is not going to work. And since Vex is far more valuable to them, these **censor** are worthless to us!" The fox turned back to face Piercen and reignited the lighter, grinning down at her as he moved it forward. It didnt get a chance to move far though, as Kensie shot forward and layed a shoulder into him, causeing Jacob to stumble to the side as the shark wrestled the lighter from his grip. He didnt stay down for long though, pouncing back up and getting in Kensies face, rage burning behind his eyes. The tension between the two was heavy, and it almost looked like they were going to start throwing punches when Kensie spoke. "Since Vex isnt here that leaves me in charge, and I am ordering you to back down. Now. We still have to try for an exchange, that was the plan."

The pair glared at each other for what seemed like ever before Jacob growled "fine" and backed out of the sharks face. He walked over to Spinelli and pulled the knife from his belt, cutting the strap and her ties before grabbing her bag and dumping its contents on her lap. "Draw your damn map, and lets get a move on!" Spiking the bag into the ground, the vulpine stormed out of the cafe, slamming the door open so hard that the remaining glass panels shatted and littered the sidewalk below. Kensie only shook her head and sat back down with a heavy sigh, rubbing the bridge of her nose and placing her face in her hands. She was done playing interrogater. Reaching into a vest pocket, she pulled out a crumpled pack of cigarettes, taking one out and shakily lighting it with the lighter. "Please just... get it done. And Angder, do you have those rags?"

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:48:19 PM by Jacob Hail »
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #288 on: November 25, 2015, 05:39:52 PM »
Angder mmoves cautiously into the room, and passes the Rags. "I think I might make a move." Angder states. "looks like you have this under control." Angder glances at Peircen. Feeling horrified.

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #289 on: November 27, 2015, 02:56:52 AM »
There was no pause in Peircen's frantic effort to free herself as the fox started to confront Kensie; she made a futile effort to control her breathing and suck in her gut, trying to draw even the smallest bit of slack in the strap, but she was much too tense, and starting to hyperventilate.  Regardless, she managed to draw her left elbow above the strap just as Jacob turned back to her, pausing for only a second to glance up at him with a petrified expression, the reflection of the small flame dancing in her wide, blood shot eyes.  She was staring death in the face; a horrible death.  "This is it" was her last fleeting thought just before Kensie plowed into him.  As the fox sprung right back, the jaguar planted her boot firmly against the ground, giving herself a nice solid shove backwards, which pushed the chair screeching across the floor a good foot.  She'd push the chair back once again, trying to put as much distance as she could between her and the two.  The high pitched, metallic chatter of the chair moving across the floor lingered in her ears as the café fell into complete silence; intensively watching the two stare each other down while gradually drawing her left arm up as the strap held her right arm firmly in place, pulling on and off until she could draw enough slack in the rope to slip her left hand free.

Kurt's chest collapsed in a heavy sigh as Jacob finally decided to comply fallowing the drawn out silence, feeling relieved that the shark had established some order.  Kensie was somebody he had assumed from the beginning to be level headed, which was a lucky assumption, since sanity wasn't exactly commonplace, not in this world.

Spinelli glanced over her shoulder, getting a quick glimpse of Jacob's dark figure before skittishly looking away as he made his way over to her.  She'd shrug her shoulders and dip her chin as he arrived behind her, the unpleasant thought of getting her throat slit crossed her mind just before he'd cut her loose and draw the bag from her back.  The bag was packed with a variety of items with a variety of purposes; a thin blue binder, sketch pad, black plastic hard case filled with medical supplies, AR15 cleaning kit and spare parts wrapped in a grey towel, 10oz plastic flask, a half case of AR rounds (14), pens, empty shells and other random clutter, most of which went falling to the floor.  The doberman kept her head low, flinching as Jacob threw the olive drab canvas bag to the ground, then flinching once again as he shattered the panes on his way out.

Without looking up, she'd slip from the chair and kneel amongst her things, hesitating for a second before she'd reach out for the binder, which had fallen face first and spilt some of its loose contents. She'd hastily organize the papers before opening a folder near the back, drawing through the papers one by one.  She had ignored the sketch pad, which lay open to a page with a large inked crest, which depicted the side profile of an anthro ram skeleton sitting on its haunches with an arm at its side, idly wielding a sword, while the other forehand was raised as if to strike.  The head had winding crooked horns that looked up at a 45-degree-angle swastika that hovered in the upper left corner of the crest, labeled at top and bottom with "2nd SS Armored Platoon."  The art looked as if it was designed to be a stencil.

"When I got drafted into the SS, we had mandatory mapping studies" Spinelli said as she slowly stood up, holding the open binder into the light so that she could better make out what she was looking at.  "The hospital and clinic are quite vast, so the studies varied depending on the squad. Since they'd rarely have us rotate" she continued, pulling out a small stack of papers, closing the binder to lay them on top before sorting through them again.  "I know most of the clinic main building and parts of the hospital like the back of my hand, mainly the civilian sectors, since I was part of a policing unit" she continued while drawing a few pages from the stack, laying them on top.  "Alright, this is what you want.  I have some general maps I've already drawn up, they give a basic layout of the entire medical facility" she'd say while placing her paperwork on the nearest table, pulling it up to the right of Kensie.  "Uhm, alright.  So, hospital south wing" she said while taking off her patrol cap, tucking it into the strap of her chest rig before bending over to sort the array of papers; all together, they'd form a general map.  Spinelli would pluck a pen from the binder, bracing herself against the table with her left hand as she hovered the pen over the maps.  She stalled for a few moments, silently looking over the maps.  They were hard to make out in this light, and she was having a difficult time figuring out where to start, considering she didn't know an awful lot about the south wing.  "Uh, I don't know if this is a good place to do this" she said nervously with a slight quiver in her hand as the maps started to collect the droplets that fell from her hair.

"Hey, you're not gonna clean off that wound with those dirty old rags, are ya?" Kurt said, nodding his head towards the mess of things that had been dumped from Spinelli's bag.  "Medical supplies, everything you need.  She's even got some Everclear, it'll clean that right up.  Let's make a trade, all of that for one of those cigarettes" he said in a serious tone of voice.  "How about it?  Deal?  Now, how about this deal.  What if I told you we could get your friend back?  Tonight.  Granted he isn't dead" he said.  "She, Vex is a she.  And she's not dead" Peircen quietly grumbled in the background.  "They're probably throwing her a welcome back party" she continued to mumble, religiously watching through the front of the café with a mild scowl on her face.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:46:34 PM by Ursula »

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
« Reply #290 on: November 30, 2015, 05:23:32 AM »
Kenise stared at the floor even as everything around her was going on, to much happening at once for her brain to process. Reaching into her police belt, she took out a small flash light and set on the table next to Spinelli for the doberman to use before looking over at Angder. "Please, if you would, stay for just a bit longer. I cant rely on Jacob anymore for help and I cant maintain all three of them by myself." Her face was painted in stress, her hand shaky as she ran it through her hair.

The sharks head then turned to Kurt as she realized he was talking to her, looking down at the pile of supplies before looking back and nodding at his request. Getting up and walking over to him, she took the cigarette from her mouth and put it between his lips, tossing the rags on his lap before walking behind him and taking the handcuffd off of his wrists then loosening the strap. "You can go clean off your friend if you wish, but id watch the cigarette. And dont try anything. I may be lenient, but im not stupid." Picking up the medkit, she returned to her seat, sorting through it as she looked for what she needed. She knew letting two cannibles free could spell disaster, but she still had all the weapons, and knew she could be faster on the draw then them. "And shes right, Vex is still alive, Jacob wasnt lying when he said she was valuable. But once Ive collected my thoughts, we can talk about how you can help me."

Outside, above the heavy downpour of the rain, the sound of an engine turning over could be heard.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #291 on: December 01, 2015, 02:39:46 PM »
Angder sighs. "Fine. But I'm not a torturer... If you need to kill them do it cleanly." He says with a snarl.

Angder slumps down to one side, watching events. letting the cannibals free could be a mistake. More reason to leave. Though Kenise was right. Him being here DID reduce the chance of someone starting a bonfire...

why do I even care? They are a bunch of Nazi's against a bunch of aggressive murderers...

Angder watches the cannibals, waiting for any sign of them trying anything, he suspected they would. He would try something if he was where they were.

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #292 on: December 06, 2015, 06:27:47 PM »
Spinelli looked down at the flashlight before she'd pause to glance at the shark; redirecting her attention towards the wolf as Kensie addressed him, momentarily distracted by her own curiosity.  Who the hell is this guy? the doberman thought as she tried to remember Kensie's past comment regarding Angder's involvement in this whole dilemma.  He wasn't a member of their group, that she assumed, and it raised a lot of questions, none of which she had time to analyze.  She'd lightly shake her head before quietly turning about to pull up a chair that was just behind her, settling into it as she set down the pen and took up the small mag light, twisting it on to illuminate the maps.  She did her best to set her fear aside; there was neither time nor battery to waste, so she got straight to work on a break-in plan.

Kurt slowly brought his arms forward as Kensie released the strap, rubbing his wrists before he'd casually roll up his sleeves, taking his time to blindly adjust the velcro cuffs while he expressionlessly watched the shark as she spoke.  As she finished, he'd brace the filter of the cig, taking a long drag before drawing it from his mouth only to put it out against the edge of the chair between his legs.  He'd place the cig behind his ear for a later time, a thick cloud of smoke rolling from his nostrils as he slowly pushed himself up from the chair with a grunt before making his way over to the jaguar.  He'd pull one of the rags from the wad, tossing the rest over his shoulder as he arrived next to Peircen, who retained a steady gaze towards the front of the café, even as he drew her hair back and started to work the rag into the matted, wet mess. 

While he was ringing out her hair, he couldn't help but take notice to her freed hand, given away by her lopsided posture.  It wasn't something that took him by surprise; neither would it concern him if she wasn't still carrying a side arm.  He'd step around to stand in front of her, starting to work some of the kerosene out of her face with only two clean rags to spare.  The jaguar's blood shot eyes rolled to look up at Kurt with a solid scowl still on her face.  "I'm not going back to the hospital" she mumbled.  The shepherd paused before bending over to look here square in the eyes.  "We've got other things to worry about right now" he muttered while gesturing towards the front of the café.  He'd then firmly grasping her chin in one of the rags, forcing her head to align with his.  "Don't do anything stupid, alright?" he spoke sternly while mirroring her scowl.

(Sorry guys!  Work really had me stuck in a rut this week.)

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #293 on: December 10, 2015, 03:14:47 PM »
Kensie dug through the medical box and retrieved what she needed, curling her tail into her lap once more to treat her wound, though still took a glance over at the cannibals every once in a while. Her head was swimming, clouded by thoughts and plans combined with the stinging pain from her tail. She needed a distraction. "What was that sketch for in your book?" She asked, turning to take a quick look at Spinelli. "The only heavy armor I know of is at the train yard, but I hope you guys dont plan to attack them as well because thats suicide." The shark grabbed a rag off the floor and tied it tight around the tail, hissing a bit as it stung against her wound.

Outside the car engine stopped turning over, all becoming quiet for a moment before the shadow of Jacob appeared back in the doorway. He was drenched, and his face still showed annoyance and anger through the flashes of red and blue. But he didnt say anything. Only shooting the cannibles a look of malice before walking over to the bag of tools, scooping them up and starting back towards the door. "Jacob, what are you doing?" Kensie said, but didnt look up at him. The vulpine stopped dead in his tracks, staying silent for quite a while before andwering in a low tone. "Im going to get that truck running again. The radiator is shot to hell, probably lost all the fluid  and who knows what other damage the engine has. Not to mention the flat tire. Since you are shit with cars I have to fix it, so you can do whatever the **censor** you want to do with your new pets while I take the cruiser back to the station and tell Jax what the **censor** has been going on. We should of brought another radio." He didnt look at her the whole time he spoke, but finished with a sigh. "I dont know how long that truck will stay running, so what ever you have to do, get it done quick." He slung Spinellis rifle off his shoulder and dropped it onto the ground with a clatter before disappearing out into the rain. "Angder." Kensie said quietly. "Could you grab that?"

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #294 on: December 11, 2015, 12:37:00 AM »
"If your calling reinforcements, I really should go" Angder says, as he leans down to grab the rifle. "Honestly I am surprised I was not shot shortly after escaping... I doubt your friends back home will be so forgiving." He glances at the cannibals. "Of course, I guess if your keeping them alive..."

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »
Spinelli turned from her study to catch the shark's glance with a raised brow.  She'd then turning back to look on at her spilt supplies, briefly raising the flashlight to direct the beam towards her sketchbook as Kensie continued.  "The slavers?"  She said while lowering the flashlight, twisting it off before placing it on the table next to the pen.  She'd set her elbows on the table, holding her face as she rubbed her palms into her eyes.  "We've been knee deep in shit with them for months now" she said while crossing her arms about the table, looking off at her sketchbook with tired eyes and a detached expression on her face.  "I'm sure you'd know all about that" she continued in a passive tone before snapping her attention towards the front of the café as a shadow swept across her, casted by an approaching figure from outside.  As Jacob reentered, she quickly turned away, clenching the sleeve of her parka while she bowed her head, swallowing the saliva at the back of her throat as her ears fell in submission.

Kurt promptly turned about to face Jacob as he came into the café; he'd stand up straight with his arms at his sides, knees locked, and kerosene dripping from his knuckles as he balled up the wad of soaked rags in his fist.  He'd remain silent, but couldn't restrain himself from returning Jacob's vile scowl.  While he had no plans to be anything less than compliant, if Jacob came at Peircen again, he'd have to go through him first.  Kurt remained steadfast until the fox left the café.   While Angder took up Spinelli's scoped AR-15, he tossed the rags to the floor and started making his way back to his chair.  As he arrived at the chair, he started to undo the buckles of his molle vest.  "So he's a mechanic?  Handy guy to have around I bet" he said while drawing the vest off his back, draping it over the back of the chair before he took a seat.  He'd slouch in the chair, relaxing his legs apart as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Spinelli blankly stared into the maps, puzzled.  Betrayal, acted betrayal she remembered, reaching out to grab the pen while resting her head in her other hand.  None of this makes sense she thought, rocking the pen between her middle and pointer finger, vigorously tapping the end of it against the table as she glanced at Angder, her eyes narrowing in confusion. 

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2015, 04:26:47 AM »
"We arnt calling reinforcements." Kensie said blankly, staring at the ground. "Once Jacob tells Jax what happened the firestation will go on lock down. We will prepare for war, and he'll probably throw a hissy fit that I didnt return to help defend as well. And even though it will be tough for him to swallow, Jax will know very well he dosent have the resources to try and free Vex." The cop looked up, glancing over to the wolf. "And if you help me here Angder, nobody else has to know that you caused all this. Hell, Jax will probably thank you himself, but thats only if you stick around.

Kensies ears perked and she turned her gaze to Kurt, realizing he mentioned Jacob. She looked back out the dusty window of the cafe, the red and blue flashing lights illuminating the street just enough to show the fox bent over the engine of the truck. "Yeah, he was an aircraft mechanic before all this, worked on helicopters at the city's airport. But since we dont have planes anymore, he began working on our cars, got a lot of our cruisers fixed up and running, said it was easier then planes." She faced back forward, letting out a small laugh and, for a moment, a smirk, but both quickly faded. "I apologize for his behavior, hes not usually that irrational, but we are... under a lot of stress." The shark couldnt believe she was apologizing to a cannibal, one that had after all  provoked the fight in the first place, but it was better to stay on their good side. She ran a hand through her damp hair and leaned back in the chair, crossing her arms as she looked at Kurt. "So, you mentioned you could get our friend back. How so?"
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:30:39 AM by Jacob Hail »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #297 on: December 16, 2015, 12:06:57 AM »
"Yea, no thanks on the thanking thing, I prefer to stay OUT of the limelight." Angder watches Jacob, once again remembering how little it would have taken for him to have been burned instead. Once again questioning why they let him go without killing him.

"If we don't have the resources to free Vex, what are we even doing here?" Angder asks. "Also... why are you keeping me around? I mean, I was expecting a bullet to the head when I escaped the hospital, and now your giving me a~" Angder pauses and grins. "You think that without me, you don't have a real chance getting Vex back" He states. "Don't get me wrong, I don't think your going to turn round and kill me after this is over, but your doing this out of necessity, not kindness." He looks over at Kensie. "Still, impossible odds, Nazis, explosions. I think this will be a good rescue"

Angder felt more confident now. He was starting to understand how this was going to work. He was likely to be treated as somewhat expendable, but he was used to that.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 12:16:17 AM by Angder »

Offline ghia

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #298 on: December 17, 2015, 05:11:02 AM »
"No need to apologize, I get it" Kurt quietly commented, looking down as he wiped the palm of his hand across the front of his shirt, trying to dry off some of the excess kerosene.  "I did, and here is the deal" he said as Kensie returned to the matter at hand, momentarily glancing up at her before looking back down as he drew the back of his hand along his shirt.  "I'll get you a one way ticket in, and in return, me and my team walk away from this; with our guns, with our truck" he said, continuing to focus on his chest as he casually picked at a stray hair caught in the velcro nametag strip on his shirt.  "Me and Reg use to be part of an underground movement back at the hospital, that's how we got into the whole smuggling trade.  So, we know some people" he said while looking up at her with an indifferent stare, crossing his arms about his chest.  Peircen shot Kurt a quick glare, remaining silent as she rolled her eyes and shook her head; the incident with Jacob still had her shook up, but she was resilient, and frowned on Kurt's compliance.  "Wadda ya think?  Deal?"  Kurt asked, continuing to look on at Kensie.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #299 on: December 21, 2015, 01:19:56 PM »
Kensie sat silently and listened to Kurts proposal, pondering over his world, not really liking what she heard. With his plan she would have to put full trust in the cannibals and she didnt like that, to many things could go wrong. At best the cannibles rat them out the moment they enter the hospital, at worst they turn and shoot them down the moment they get their guns back. The shark tapped her boot in thought. "You realize your plan means Im going to have to put full and total faith that youre going to hold up your side of the bargain, and thats trust you dont have. For all I know id be walking right into a trap."

Outside the sound of a car engine started, no doubt the trucks, before turning off again. Kensie turned and watched the silhouette of Jacob exit the truck and move to the cruiser, the car engine starting before peeling away from the building with a loud screech of tires and taking the flashing lights with it. The cop let out a heavy sigh and faced Kurt once more, his face barley lit by the light in Spinellis paws. "That just created another problem for me, I need the truck. Vex will most likley not be in any condition to walk, and it is a long way back to the firestation. We would no doubt be captured or gunned down before we got a block away."