The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: To Page 9000  (Read 224705 times)

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
Re: To Page 9000
« Reply #29520 on: January 16, 2018, 10:49:34 PM »
Do you even know how much we have to learn?

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
« Reply #29521 on: January 16, 2018, 10:58:24 PM »
If it's around the same amount we have, it can be done in two months
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29522 on: January 16, 2018, 11:20:48 PM »
The theory can be learnt in two months alright. But in practice it's no way you can do that in two months, once a week. Even when you know how it works in theory, it could work very differently in practice. Scanning traffic situations, learning how fast you can go through different turns, what to do if someone else is being a complete idiot and driving through red light, learning how much you need to release the clutch before releasing the break when you're standing still on a glowing platform upwards, when to change gears, turning the car around if you drove the wrong way... Those are the things you need to get a feel for. I don't believe you can learn what to do how and then execute it with 100% accuracy after only two months. Have you even had any driving lessons yourself yet?

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #29523 on: January 16, 2018, 11:26:21 PM »
No, I have not.
If you only drive during lessons once a month then yes, it's not possible.
But I'd guess you can drive by yourself in some open spaces and stuff like that. Then you could practice 5 hours a week instead of 1.
And while that doesn't teach you about road behaviour, it does help with shifting gears and turning around I'd think

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29524 on: January 16, 2018, 11:35:52 PM »
Yes, but like I said earlier, then you know how to drive. But not how to drive safely whilst keeping the other traffic in mind. The "how to drive" part is the easiest part to learn and only 1/3 of what you have to learn.

Also, how many driving instructors are you visiting if you practise 5 hours a day? Here in the Netherlands I need to get my driver's license before I can drive a car on public roads. Which would mean I'm restricted to the parking area my parent's car is usually located.

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #29525 on: January 17, 2018, 01:11:31 AM »
Or to other non public roads. Which here is basically every parking under a supermarket. And those tend to be closed sometimes so there's time for practice then.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #29526 on: January 17, 2018, 02:30:11 AM »
When I was in driving class, I ended up doing things wrong I normally never would have if I wasn't nervous. Since I was a kid, buckling my seat belt is so deeply ingrained that I do it involuntarily. Pure natural action whenever I get into a car, even just temporarily. And when it actually counts and I have an instructor watching my every move? I drive off the school lot before realizing I forgot about the flippin' belt.  x_x

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
« Reply #29527 on: January 17, 2018, 04:53:24 AM »
now helleye joined in everyday there's like 2 pages of reading
not a signature

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #29528 on: January 17, 2018, 06:41:04 AM »
The more pages the better!

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29529 on: January 17, 2018, 12:16:15 PM »
We're still only at 1193...

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #29530 on: January 17, 2018, 03:41:40 PM »
Well, you could join in the evening too.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29531 on: January 17, 2018, 03:58:40 PM »
I already joined in the evening. Do you mean staying overnight?

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #29532 on: January 17, 2018, 04:41:02 PM »
I meant lightstone. Probably should've put that somewhere

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29533 on: January 17, 2018, 08:50:09 PM »
Now you unintentionally confused me! That's my job to unintentionally confuse others!

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
« Reply #29534 on: January 17, 2018, 08:54:09 PM »
D:
I shall avoid stealing your job in the future