The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: True me...  (Read 6435 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: True me...
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2015, 10:40:56 PM »
((Precisely, my dear Chains.))

Ray shrugged. "Most people of the light usually haven't. It's considered taboo to even think about going there."

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I see no way in which this could go horribly wrong
    • Awards
  • Species: Heraldic Winged Lion
  • Coloring: Tan fur/feathers, brown hair, brown eyes veined with a golden yellow.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 128 Lbs
  • Build: Not exceedingly muscular, but definitely not fat.
  • Currently: Forgotten.
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2015, 10:55:03 PM »
As he was readying to leave the diner, Galen overheard a conversation from two men beside him. From the looks of them, they were some type of laborers, engineers perhaps, and they definitely seemd agitated about something.

"I'm just telling you. These nonhumans can't possibly be good for our nation's economy. And have you ever seen them? I bet there's more animal in them than reason, if there's any reason at all" said one of the men.

"I know what you're saying. You know Allan? My friend in the construction business I introduced you to a few months back? He's unemployed now." said the other.

"How's that? I thought you said he was one of the best in the business anywhere in San Francisco?" said the first man.

"Well, I was telling you the truth. But along came this avian... a damned bird. Next week, Allan's out of his work. Apparently due to less 'safety concerns' or some crap like that. Can you believe it?"
The second man gave a look of loathing tinged with disappointment.

"Hey, look" said the first. "I'm guessing there's no way this kind of... idiocy... is going to keep going. I bet you that soon enough, people are gonna be running all these freaks out of town. Might even take some of the uh... minorities... with them."

Galen did his best to appear uninterested, and turned to walk towards the door of the diner into the cold coastal air.

"Hey you. Yeah you with the coat and case. I saw you listening in on us. What do ya think of all this madness?"

Apparently he wouldn't be getting out that easily. Turning to face the two men, Galen quickly responded "I don't care what they do, just as long as they do their jobs effectively and respectably. I'd think you two could learn something about that. Respect, I mean. Good night." he said, ending his statement with a not-so-subtle look of disgust at the two workers. He walked out with a quickened pace, agitated as a result of what he had just heard.

"Some people." he said, breathing deeply and setting towards his shop. He had work to do, and he didn't need two racist engineers getting in the way of that.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:04:51 AM by HollowOfHaze »
  • Avatar by: My personal friend SpunkyRaccoon on DeviantArt

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2015, 03:00:24 AM »
*Ace looks at the town again,afraid of what will happen if he goes into it*
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2015, 03:10:55 AM »
Zaida pulled her hood back up. "However I'm hungry I don't want to deal with Furries either tuteur~"
The large eight foot horse got up and nudged her going off into the woods his ears perked as he looked for fruit but felt a furry near.

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Tan fur/feathers, brown hair, brown eyes veined with a golden yellow.
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2015, 03:25:29 AM »
(Just a note, if you guys are in a forest north of SF, that means you'll need to take a ferry across the Golden Gate Strait to reach town. Either that, or fly.)
(If you are south of SF, it'll be just a bit of a hike before you get to town.)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2015, 03:36:33 AM »
Ray wandered away from Chains, and perused the town. He tried to avoid most passers-by, in case they were hostile.

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2015, 04:07:22 AM »
((It's fall to let you all know)) Zaida sat in the woods playing with the dead leaves as they fell lightly from the tree's
The horse sniffed about now smelling two Furries and snorted curiously.

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2015, 04:28:11 AM »
Galen walked up to his shop, looking proudly through the iron-barred glass at his well maintained interior. Just as he slid his key into the door's lock, he noticed a small, somewhat yellowed flyer which had been tacked to a nearby power pole. He hadn't seen it there earlier in the evening, so he guessed it had been placed there recently. Looking closer, he saw that it was not just an advertisement like any other.

Public Liberties and Civil Rights Committee
Now accepting members of all colors and kinds.
Look forward into the future, and see that equality is the path that leads us there.
JOIN TODAY!

Galen gave it some thought as he entered the door of his establishment.
"Nobody would have to know I was going there as a nonhuman" he thought to himself.
"But then again, I must consider the possibility of repercussions if anybody discovered me."

He rejected the possibility of joining this new "Public Liberties and Civil Rights Committee". The motive was not great enough, but the risks definitely would be.
He lifted aside the polished wooden counter and headed into the back room. If you could call a space large enough to almost make an echo merely a "room".
Removing his unneeded coat and placing it on a nearby hanger, he walked onwards with his briefcase in hand, his now-visible bronze medallion flickering with a muted-gold from the overhead lights. The area was lit with the latest in electrical illumination, courtesy of a brilliant man who Galen owed very much of his success to.  Tools of all kinds hung from one wall, and one-of-a-kind machines sat adjacent. Above one workbench hung a framed article, reading "Fowler Arms: The Smith of the SFPD's Swords".

There was little time for reminiscing. He had work to do. He moved to his drawing table, pulled up a chair, opening his briefcase to read over the papers stored within.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:06:01 AM by HollowOfHaze »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2015, 05:28:48 AM »
Ray wandered about town, until he glanced into a nearby shop. Sensing what he felt was no danger, he floated to Galen's shop, and knocked gently on the doorframe, hoping his tiny paws would generate enough noise to be heard.

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2015, 05:42:48 AM »
If there were any benefits at all to Galen Fowler's predicament, it was the slight enhancement of his mental, visual, and auditory acuity. Hearing a slight knock from the door across the workshop, down the hall, and across the front room, he wondered who in their right mind would be out and about at this time of night. He got up with a groan of frustration at another distraction from his work, patted his modified M1911 at his left hip, and walked towards the front of the office. What he saw at the window was bone-chilling at best. With a flick of his hand and the faint click of the handgun's hammer locking into place, he levelled the gun at the strange entity outside. With a flick of his right hand and the faint sound of rushing air, he willed open the front door from safely behind the counter. A gust of cold night air followed.

"State your identity. Now." he said, bringing both hands up to firmly grip the gun.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:07:55 AM by HollowOfHaze »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2015, 05:43:53 AM »
Ray flinched. "R-Rayleonarde!"

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2015, 05:44:52 AM »
"Don't get many ethereals around here. What are you." inquired Galen, maintaining his aim at the strange being.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2015, 05:46:35 AM »
Ray blinked, and closed his eyes. "A-A being of the world b-between light and dark. A-A Twili. J-Just, please don't hurt me!"

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2015, 05:47:03 AM »
Zaida heard talking and got up knowing tuteur would get worried but she grew too curious. "Hmm~" she pulled her hood on and began to lightly walk to where the talking was.
The horse sniffed before seeing ace and snorted from afar.

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2015, 05:50:09 AM »
(I'll be out for about 30-45 minutes. Apologies. Also, Ray, your species is unspecified in your character sheet. So are you just like the Twili from Legend of Zelda, or something else in appearance?)

"Fair enough." said Galen, lowering the .38 handgun.
"We are closed, but come on in for now I guess. Just don't touch anything."
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 05:54:10 AM by HollowOfHaze »