The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k: Ballad of the Feral Claws (Fun / Introductory)  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
*DISCLAMER: THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS IN THE FUN RP!*

Preface:
On the planet Terran, the Space Marine chapter Feral Claws prepare to mobilize and assist the 7th Terranian Guard, in their stalemate with the Ork Clan Skin Takers, lead by the Warboss Skinner. The Feral Claws must assist the 7th Terranian, and push the Greenskins off the planet. With all blessing from the Emperor, the Feral Claws have commandeered an armory ship, to outfit themselves with whatever is needed to remove the Orks. Their Commisar Lord, Jayce, leads with an iron fist (coincedentally, he prefers to use a Power Fist over his Chain Saber), and is counciled by Ronald. Ronald, who's name arose from a very strange reality, is one of the few Librarians who stand in the front lines, fighting along side his battle brothers.

The nitty-gritty:
So, as you (dear reader) can see, this RP is based around the Warhammer 40,000 universe, with some modifications for ease-of-access. Though it'll be simplified, the ranks still sit, as do weapon restrictions (which will be explained.) 

There are some classes that will be restricted, namely Librarian and Commissar Lord.

Weapons:

Standard (universal rank usage):
   Bolter
(The standard rifle of the Space Marines firing mass-reactive rounds that expload on contact.)

Bolter Pistol
(Single-handed pistol carrying smaller rounds, less ammunition per magazine. Carried by all Space Marines)

Storm Bolter
(A faster firing, less accurate version of the Bolter, with twice as much ammunition per magazine)

Slug Thrower
(Sniper Rifle, single shot before reload)

Meltagun
(Shotgun, fires superheated material in a conic shape)

HEAVY WEAPONS:
   Heavy Bolter
(Massive Bolter firing larger rounds at a higher speed, but is markedly heavier and requires a worn  ammunition reserve)
   Lascannon
(Immense laser-rifle firing one shot before overheating, requires a worn energy reserve.)

Melee:
   Combat Knife
(Standard melee weapon of the Space Marines, used only as a last-ditch weapon)

Chainsword
(Think of a chainsaw mixed with a sword. Distributed to Corprals.)

Plasma Weapons (Must be requisitioned by Sergeants or Captains)
   Plasma gun
(Firing superheated plasma shells, semi-automatic, overheats if fired too quickly)
   Plasma cannon
(Massive plasma launcher, requires a carried Plasma reactor to fire.)

Rank-locked weapons:
   Thunderhammer
(A massive warhammer, requires both hands to use, weilder can only carry a Bolter/Plasma pistol as a backup weapon) (Sergeant Rank or above)
   Kraken Bolter
(A harder hitting Bolter rifle, utilizing adementine ammunition. Carried by Captains, but can be distributed among squads.)

Along with these, there are some Guardsmen / Librarian / Commisar Lord specific weapons.

RANKS ARE FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, NO EXCEPTIONS!
Weapon Restictions:

Besides the Commisar Lord (none available), these are the ranks.

Captain (1): Captains have access to all weapons, and can grant lower ranks access to Plasma and Flame weapons.

Sergeant (2): Sergeants have access to Power Fists and Thunder Hammers.

Corpral: Can give emergency orders, if their Captain or Sergeant are incapacitated or dead.

Private: Frontline grunts, the backbone of the Imperium.

Marine "Types":
   Assault Marines: Utilizing jump-packs, melee weapons, and hit-and-run tactics, Assault Marines are usefull for scouting missions, as well as guerrila style fighting. Have less armor than most Marines.
   Frontline Marines: The backbone soldiers; Frontline Marines have more armor than Assault Marines, but do not have the jump-pack. Can be equipped with Heavy Weapons, but are slowed by their immense weight.
   Shock Marines: Utilizing only Heavy Weapons, Shock Marines have very thick armor, and specialize in area-of-denial tactics.

OTHER RESTRICTIONS:

Only one Commisar Lord, already occupied.
Only one Librarian, already occupied.

No 'super-powered' psykers, ie light psykic abilities.

CHARACTER SHEET:

Name:

Class:

Weapon(s):

Bio:

Appearance (FACE):

Appearance (ARMOR):

My Characters:

Name: Jayce

Class: Commissar Lord

Weapon(s): Chainsword, Power Fist, and a simple sidearm.

Bio: Jayce was selected to lead the Feral Claws at a young age, and has lead them valiantly ever since. He takes council from the Feral Claws' combat Librarian, Ronald.  Jayce leads with an iron fist, and doesn't take kindly to cowards.

Appearance (FACE): Jayce is a normal Raccoon, aside from his royal purple fur.

Appearance (ARMOR / BODY): Jayce stands at about 6' 2'', and wears the impressive long coat of the Commissar Lords.
*NEXT CHARACTER*

Name: Ronald

Class: Librarian

Weapon(s): Librarian's staff, and a bolter pistol.

Bio: Ronald, a young raccoon, was born with what he called the Emperor's Vision. He is completely blind, but can see through this special vision. Ronald also is an amazing psyker, and is devastating on the battlefield.

Appearance (Face): Light grey fur, and a darker grey mask.

Appearance (Armor): Ronald's armor is extremely ornate, and his very distinguished from his colleagues.

*ARMOR COLOR (This is universal)*

*Grey and White, with one red shoulder pauldron. *
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:14:48 PM by Rayleonarde »

Offline Scout Brighton

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Don't be shy! I already am... .-.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: White Tigress
  • Coloring: White, Neon Green, Neon Pink
  • Height: 5' 2'
  • Weight: 105 lbs.
  • Build: Small
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: This world is dangerous...but so beautiful...
Re: Warhammer 40k: Ballad of the Feral Claws (Fun / Introductory)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 05:10:14 AM »
CHARACTER SHEET:

Name: Scout Brighton

Class: Assault

Weapon(s): Melee - Thunder Hammer (if rank persists)
Secondary - Bolter Pistol

Bio: Scout was once a normal resident of the planet Terran. Happy with his life- his family- his friends. When the Orks invaded, Scout's already lost his parents, and more of his friends...the last remaining made it to hold out centers and bunkers. Scout didn't want to cower like the rest of the world...he wanted to seek vengeance for his fallen loved ones, and of course, the Emperor. When Scout heard about the Imperium deploying on Terran, he wanted to be part of the towering ranks among all others as a Space Marine. The Chapter of Feral Claws being the ones on Terran, he found his way in, and was soon fighting in the war against the Orks in due time.

Appearance (BODY): Profile Picture

Appearance (ARMOR): Helmet - Veteran; Left and Right Shoulders - Mk7 Aquila; Left and Right Vambrace - Relic Armor; Breast Plate - Mk7 Aquila; Left Greave - Master Crafted; Right Greave - Relic Armor; Backpack - Relic Armor (if no Thrust Pack available) Colors: Mithril Silver on the Breast Plate, both Greaves, and Vambraces. The left shoulder plate the color of Bone. The right shoulder plate the color of Red Ink. The Helmet colored Chainmail. The backpack and Thrust Pack both colored of Mithril Silver as well. Everything has a while trim.

(Picture provided shows armor [Helmet possibly subject to add snout])

[attachment deleted by admin]
Several pens escape these words, but I guess that doesn't matter 'cause they'll be heard anyway, someday, if I could just find a way to explain...
Blank sheets of paper avoiding lines, but I guess I'll confess when time is right...
Little lies that I've lived with everyday...

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 05:33:51 AM »
((Scout's attached image provides the colors, yes. But the armor itself can be personalized. Anyway, the introduction!))

Introduction:

The 7th Terranian Guard had holed up a few miles away from the planet, Terran, manufactorum. The sentry guns posted every twenty meters whirred and clicked as they scanned the area. Hiding a few meters away from the sentries, the Ork clan, Skin Takers, sat in wait, as their Storm Boyz looked for an opening in the wall.  Unbeknownst to the Orks, however, two guardsmen scouts, sat beneath a collapsed building, watching their every move. The male guard, a raccoon of purple fur, looked over to the other guardsman, or rather guardswoman, and spoke.

"So, Valentine, what're you feeling?"
Valentine, the other guard (a raccoon), rubbed her temples and closed her eyes.
 "Not much, some movement, but it's just a few of 'em pacing about."

Rayleonarde, the male guard, knew that Valentine had some sort of natural psychic abilities, and could sense other life nearby, along with a few other essences. Ray sighed, and nodded.

"We should head back, before we get caught."

"I don't think we'll get caught, Ray." As these words left Valentines mouth, the rubble above them was cast aside, revealing a large, machine-assisted ork; the Warboss Skinner. The ork laughed, and moved to grab Valentine.

"Lookit this'n here boys! We got us sum gardsmen!"  Ray quickly drew his rifle, a shortened version of the standard lasrifle, and cut away at the warboss. He stood, and started to run, yelling. "Run Val!"

Valentine scrabbled away, as the warboss started to chase her brother down, shouting the orkish 'WAAAGH!' battle cry that was iconic of the Ork race. She ran, faster than she ever thought possible, back to safety.

Back behind the wall, a massive troop transport, bearing the Feral Claws mark, kicked up dirt and debris as it landed. After a few moments, the transport's forward door hissed open, and out stepped the commander of the Feral Claws; Commissar Lord Jayce. The rather tall raccoon looked about with no expression, and shouted out.

"Where is your commander?!"

"H-Here, my lord." A large, muscular bear stepped up. "What do you seek?"

Jayce smiled, and forced the bear to kneel. "Why have you allowed a stalemate to be reached? Why have the Greenskins taken nearly half of the planet?"

"I-I'm sorry, sir. T-Their warboss continually leads their assaults, dealing massive morale shock to my men."

Jayce stopped the commander, and reached behind himself. "My men." He quickly drew his pistol, and planted a round directly between the commander's eyes. After the bear dropped, Jayce barked. "Feral Claws! Move out, and secure the area! Assault troops! Front and center!"

Offline Scout Brighton

• Boisterous Bear
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 05:47:53 AM »
As the Commissar Lord commanded, Scout, one of the Feral Claws Assault Troopers stomped out of the drop ship--both paws gripping his Thunder Hammer. "Yes, my lord." He responded, and stopped in front of Jayce. His paws grip tightened and he looked up at his Commander awaiting orders.
Several pens escape these words, but I guess that doesn't matter 'cause they'll be heard anyway, someday, if I could just find a way to explain...
Blank sheets of paper avoiding lines, but I guess I'll confess when time is right...

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 05:57:29 AM »
Jayce chuckled, and patted the Assault Trooper's armguard. "Scout, enough of the 'my lord' bullshit. Save that for the Imperium. We're out in the sticks, lighten up." He smiled, and pointed towards the sentries. "I need you and your men to scout it out. See what's what, where's where, that sort of thing."

As Jayce spoke, Valentine ran into the camp, panting. "The took him! They took my brother!" A few of the guardsmen surrounded Valentine, who collapsed onto the ground, kicking up a cloud of dust. They carried her over to a medical tent, and began to treat her.

Jayce glanced over at the tent, and sighed. "And figure out what in the Emperor's name that was about, alright?"

Offline Scout Brighton

• Boisterous Bear
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 06:04:23 AM »
Scout looked up at Jayce as he directed where to go. "Should we be weary of them locking to us, Commander?" He asked, looking on the sentries as they quietly and repetitively looked side to side.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 06:06:32 AM by Scout Brighton »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 06:07:27 AM »
Jayce shook his head. "No no, they only shoot the Greenskins. You'll be fine."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 06:14:41 AM by Rayleonarde »

Offline Scout Brighton

• Boisterous Bear
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 07:20:09 AM »
"Good to hear...Claws! Assualts on me! Jump Packs are online and fueled up, lets go!" He calls to the rest of the ship, walking away from Jayce. He took a stance, and suddenly blasted off the ground about a hundered feet into the air. A couple seconds of free float occur before he smashes into the ground landing on one knee, causing a small shockwave. He stands back up and looks around as the others land behind him and search with him. Fallen rubble...dead Orks...unfortunate lives of former Guardsman and women lost. "Alright, brothers, keep an eye out for a supposed lost Guardsman. We need to find him soon before something happens...I heard her yell out he was taken, so he's got to be alive..." Scout looked about as the others set out.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 07:43:44 AM by Scout Brighton »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 07:48:48 AM »
Jayce nodded, and watched the assault squad leave. He started towards the medical tent to confront Valentine, but was stopped by a firm, metallic paw on his shoulder. He looked up to see the chapter Librarian, Ronald, looking out towards the horizon.  The blind Librarian looked down at Jayce, and spoke softly. "Allow me to speak with her, Jayce. She is in a fragile state, and you may be too hard on her." Jayce nodded, and watched Ronald walk towards, and duck into, the tent.

Valentine was resting on a cot, a pillow keeping her head up. Ronald smiled at the guardswoman, and spoke. "Your brother, he was the one who was taken, yes?"

Valentine merely nodded in response, her eyes shut. Ronald chuckled, and knelt beside her. "You should not strain yourself so hard, trying to find your brother. We will find him, I know it." Ronald's head hung low for a few moments, before he stood, and activated his communicator. "Scout, can you hear me?"

Offline Scout Brighton

• Boisterous Bear
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 07:59:28 AM »
Scout was checking through extra rubble, then commanded a couple other Marines to check behind some other piles and walls. The signal comes through. "This is Scout, Librarian...what do you request?" Scout asks.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 08:00:59 AM »
Ronald chuckled. "So formal. Anyway, our missing soldier is a few miles away from your current position. North by north west. That's hostile territory, so be careful."

Offline Scout Brighton

• Boisterous Bear
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 08:12:12 AM »
"Heh..." Scout says, "I only aim to please, sir. We'll make our way there and inform you of any sightings around, thank you, Librarian." Scout stops searching and calls out. "Claws! I've received info about the missing soldiers whereabouts; start making your way North by Northwest. Do NOT let your guard down, Claws...that's hostile territory, so eyes peeled, and tails out from between your legs!" He commanded, then started making his way in that direction.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 08:28:03 AM »
Ray found himself tied to what appeared to be some form of brace. The Orks were pounding the ground around him, the visages of Gork and Mork (the ork deities) were sprayed liberally across the encampment. One of the Ork shamans, referred to as Wyrdboy, approached Ray, and laughed. "Yew'll make a noice specimen, oh yes."

Ray sighed, and hung his head. "For what?"

At this, the Wyrdboy laughed harder. "The Waaagh field! You no-orks haven't never been exposed to it, and we wanna see why."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 07:51:30 AM by Rayleonarde »

Offline Scout Brighton

• Boisterous Bear
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 08:00:00 AM »
Scout and the rest of the Claws continued their search, "Sir! Sir!" one of the Claws called to Scout, approaching him, "Yes, what have you found?" Scout asked. "We think we've discovered where they're are holding the Guardsman." The Assault troop explained. "Very good, Claw...round up the rest of the troops, we're going in there..." Scout said, following the troop to the supposed door.

A couple minutes passed when the last troop landed, then readied his weapon at the door. There were Claws surrounding the door on the outside of the trim--melee's at the ready. The rest aiming their firearms at the door. "Alright, Claws...we're going to get the Guardsman back unharmed." Scout called. "The charges are ready to blow--everybody brace!" He called, then pressed the detonator. "Go, go, go!" Scout commanded as the melee troops rushed through the smoke, and the others fired through. "Take out any hostile Orks! We're getting this Guardsman back!" Scout called as he rushed in with the rest.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 08:10:03 AM »
The Orks fired back at the Marines, shouting insanely. The Wyrdboy shuddered slightly, before his head exploded, for no reason. Ray shuddered, and tried to duck as best he could, to avoid stray bullets.