The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I had a thought...  (Read 4001 times)

Offline CrazyCat

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic Cat
  • Coloring: gray fur with white belly, chest, and paws.Tip of the tail is also white. Has green eyes.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 65kg
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: A Nervous Wreck
Re: I had a thought...
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2015, 10:35:13 PM »
lol XD
all it is some people looked at open star cluster e.g the Pleiades to figure out which way the majority of matter was moving in the universe and it turns out that the majority of matter is moving to a singul point this is evidence for a multiverse because if a universe was close enough to our the gravitational pull would pull all the galaxy's to it
the scientist that discovered this called the movement dark flow

Question
*raises paw*

But if there was a universe right next to ours, what guarantees that their laws of physics will be like ours and that they'll have a universal attractive force that acts just like our gravity?
So I guess my question is: "is it possible that there is a multiverse but each universe is entirely isolated from one another due to differing laws of physics?"

im not sure if the void is at the closest point i just know its their and that is one of the theories as to what it is

Post Merge: June 17, 2015, 10:10:59 PM
if you have any questions pleas do ask i will answer them tomorrow i have to go to sleep thanks :D

The void you're talking about kinda reminds me of a Lagrange point. Is it something like that or is it something completely different.
There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's
There's no right way to eat a Rhesus

Offline Peanut B. Rawket

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Strike the earth!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: A FREAKIN CAT
  • Coloring: Black kitty fur, ice-blue kitty eyes, pink kitty tongue/ears/nose ect.
  • Height: 5' 8''
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Chubby
  • Currently: Hello yes I am cat
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2015, 04:01:18 AM »
The stuff we see, smell, feel, hear, and taste, are all just illusions made by our brain.
That's also kinda spooky o-o

Which direction is up? or down? OR LEFT? OR RIGHT!? WHERE AM I!? ;~;
...Maybe there really only is, One Direction.
I think i just solved the puzzle, guys...
I think peanut butter is pretty cool.

Offline Karric

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: husky
  • Coloring: electric blue and white
  • Height: 5foot 10
  • Build: muscular
  • Currently: bored
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2015, 07:19:35 AM »
their is no garentee that the other universe has the same laws of physics their is no garentee that it had a energetic start like our universe did but we know that dark flow is their and their has to be a reason for it ether that or its just a massive coincidence

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2015, 09:10:20 AM »
So let's say that there is a parallel universe in "close" proximity to us and we are observing the effects of it's gravity. Let's imagine that it is headed for us (much like the way we are approaching Andromeda and will eventually collide). What would happen when two universes, each with potentially different laws of physics, collide with eachother? O . O
  • Signature art by: Teiko

Offline Karric

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 07:26:28 PM »
that is why i love physics we don't know or at least i don't know im sure their might be a hypothesis out their but right now we don't know and no one will know we may never know
but if the 2 universes whir exactly the opposite in every way they could destroy each other each universe could become extremely unstable and end up destroying each other kind of like destructive interference but if they whir the same they could combine kind of like 2 black holes combining or constructive interference
this is just one possibility of what might happen

and the suparvoid is just a large area with no stars or anything that is colder than the rest of the universe its weird 

Post Merge: June 18, 2015, 08:38:05 PM
another cool thing if you traveled at the speed of light the CMB would be blue shifted into the visible light range so you would just see blue light traveling at the speed of light
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 08:38:05 PM by Karric, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2015, 10:13:08 AM »
My crazy though? Peanut's Peanut! :D

Offline Erasmuth

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Chrysocyon brachyurus
  • Currently: Woof is back!
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 09:16:03 PM »
Here's a thought:

The observable universe is roughly 90 * 109 light years across.  It's simply massive.  All of the galaxies to explore and planets to see, and all the scientific discoveries to be made in this large space... and we'll never be able to go there.   :'(

Because of the expansion of the universe vs. the attraction matter feels by the effect of gravity, everything outside of out local group of galaxies is moving away from us at speeds that would require billions if years for us to get there, at light speed.  Let alone the speeds we'd actually be able to muster.  And if you wanna go FTL travel via a warp drive or something, then you'll have to warp space-time faster than the rate new space-time is coming between you and wherever you want to go.  This is something that becomes harder and harder to do the greater the distances you want to travel.

So, while the universe holds many things that are both beautiful and terrifying.  It seem's we're doomed to only look, and never touch, the vast majority of it.

Offline Karric

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2015, 09:39:03 PM »
theoretically their are 10 intelligent races of animals including humans in the universe  :D
isn't that cool we worked it out using the drake equation

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2015, 10:15:06 PM »
theoretically their are 10 intelligent races of animals including humans in the universe  :D
isn't that cool we worked it out using the drake equation
10 or more.
Universe is big, ya know?

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2015, 10:20:11 PM »
From what i recall, the Drake equation stated something more along the lines of

"2,000 races in the Milky Way, and ~100 intelligent civilizations in the Milky Way". Something like that. Certainley not the entire universe

Post Merge: July 07, 2015, 10:27:18 PM
Okay, so according to an article published in 2011, the estimated intelligent ETs in the Milky Way alone is 50.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:27:18 PM by Teiko, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
  • Signature art by: Teiko

Offline Erasmuth

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Chrysocyon brachyurus
  • Currently: Woof is back!
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2015, 01:42:23 AM »
Actually, the drake equation doesn't currently give us any true estimated value for civilizations in the galaxy, intelligent or otherwise.  For those who don't know it, here's the drake equation.

N = R* x fp x ne x fl x fi x fc x L

http://www.seti.org/drakeequation is where you can find the meaning for all of these terms.

Now, thanks to the likes of the telescopes Hubble, Kepler, and many others, we have a fair estimate of the first three terms.  However, the last four terms are yet to be known, and no amount of mathematical hocus pocus will allow us to solve for those variables.  So whenever you see someone saying "According to the Drake Equation." That just means they assumed some of the variables to demonstrate their point, which is fine so long as they don't say their result is the definitive answer.

Zane the Fox

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2015, 04:23:58 AM »
Here a thought. If a soul leave after ur body passed. I always thought that it get broken up and spread out as in time. As the cave men that gotten smarter probably had some of the soul part from the future which allow us to evolved into what we are now. And we getting smarter by the Gen so we could be getting some soul part from the future ourselves.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2015, 04:28:02 AM »
Imagine how different society would be if there were massive creatures, like dragons or something, that hunted humans and were hard as hell to kill.

Offline Zephyr

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm blue! da ba dee da ba die~
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox (anthro)
  • Coloring: Blue/white
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 58kg
  • Build: Small/slim
  • Currently: Back for now :)
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2015, 06:08:22 AM »
I usually wonder what my pets named me... :S
-Basic furry trash
-Pokemon Tcg enthusiast
-Dota and Runescape addict
...and very very blue

Tumblr - blue-zephy
Kik - Blue_Zephyr

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2015, 01:16:14 PM »
Imagine how different society would be if there were massive creatures, like dragons or something, that hunted humans and were hard as hell to kill.

Hate to say it but

they'd be kinda dead. I know I normally stick up for humans like "hey they're actually pretty cool", but they're really quick to try and wipe out whatever threatens them. I mean ancient societies would be totally different, but as soon as we managed to make things like fighter jets and missile launchers, it'd be kind of over. It'd be a huge shame to see genocide of a species, but I don't believe that society would show mercy to its killers, human or otherwise. Still an interesting thought, especially when you think back to the Romans and stuff.

My random thought? Why does water taste better after you eat ice cream?