The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I dunno.  (Read 467 times)

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
I dunno.
« on: June 29, 2015, 02:03:12 AM »
Sometimes, I get really sad. I just kinds do things, and that happens. Sure, it's probably depression. But like, when I go to actually talk to someone about it, I just can't can't explain WHY. And I just kinda mneh. I mean I dunno. I'm always second guessing myself, even when I was writing this. And I just don't know what to feel sometimes.

And I want to talk to people, I really do. I have several people that would listen to me, and I KNOW they wouldn't judge, including but not limited to my wonderful mate.
I just... forget. It's not like I know my feeling, but can't come up with the words, it's just me forgetting what I was sad about. Because really, that's how I operate. I just forget about things, hide in my video games, my RPs. And even then, I fall victim to depression and self doubt, especially when other humans are involved.

Generally, i just dont know what to do. And I HATE that feeling...

Sorry for my little incomprehensible vent, rant, or whatever. Thank you to anyone who reads it.

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
Re: I dunno.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 11:05:53 PM »
I personally view depression as a sign of intelligence. It usually means they are very perceptive of the world around them, which, is pretty dark.
  • Signature art by: Teiko

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 09:47:39 AM »
Just keep on keepin' on, man, this isn't super unusual and it does get better. This kind of thing tends to get worst in your teenage years, and fade over your twenties. The best thing for it is any sort of career, be it plumbing or skydiving instruction. Anything that gives you purpose.

Offline CrazyCat

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic Cat
  • Coloring: gray fur with white belly, chest, and paws.Tip of the tail is also white. Has green eyes.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 65kg
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: A Nervous Wreck
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 07:38:02 PM »
Just keep on keepin' on, man, this isn't super unusual and it does get better. This kind of thing tends to get worst in your teenage years, and fade over your twenties. The best thing for it is any sort of career, be it plumbing or skydiving instruction. Anything that gives you purpose.

Listen to this man.
You seem extremely bored with your life and while that may signal depression, it might be better to first find something else to do. Try new things with your life other than just staying at home playing video games or roleplaying. Just try anything new that draws your attention. It doesn't have to be a social activity, just do something else.
If that doesn't work and you start feeling worse, or start feeling hopeless/helpless, then see a doctor because that is definitely depression, and the sooner it's treated the better.

Post Merge: July 05, 2015, 07:50:22 PM
I personally view depression as a sign of intelligence. It usually means they are very perceptive of the world around them, which, is pretty dark.

As someone with depression, I disagree. From my experience, while depression allows you to clearly see all the bad things in the world it also makes you blind to all the great and beautiful things in the world, thus making life seem much darker and horrible than what it really is. Depression also warps your perception of yourself to an almost delusional degree. For example, whenever people complimented me, I immediately thought of them as spineless ass-kissing cowards who were afraid of telling the truth rather than thinking I had any sort of admirable qualities. So yeah, while depression does make you more perceptive of the evils of the world, it also prevents you from seeing any good anywhere, so rather than giving a more accurate view of the world, it gives you an overly dark and bleak view.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:50:22 PM by CrazyCat, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's
There's no right way to eat a Rhesus