The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Saltening  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 6'2"
The Saltening
« on: July 02, 2015, 06:24:07 PM »
(If this gets pulled by one of the admins, whatever bruh)
I mean, got dayum! People are so quick to get offended by shit, so quick to be salty, ooo-wee, so quick to take shit the wrong way. When I first started on this forum, a few people liked me, far as I know.

There were those times, like on a past free art thread by a user who ain't on the forums no more, I think back in, like October, I thought her art was mad good, I think her name was Saoirse, I asked if I could get my char sketched, (Cinder was nice enough to do it, can't thank 'em enough!) she gave me some sugarcoated version of "no." I reacted in around the same fashion Kanye West acted at the Grammies when he didn't receive album of the year or somethin. Only I didn't trash the artist on national TV. Do I regret doing what I did? No. It's done, can't undo it, not that I really would :/

Another user on here, they'll not be named, they've held a grudge against me, suddenly started seeing me as some spoiled rich kid who gets handed everything on a silver platter. Who hasn't had things handed to them, though? Exactly. Those people gotta get off their high horse. We've made up, though.

Here's the thing about me, I don't care who you are, race, gender, sexuality, whatever. Be salty to me? That's cool, just don't be surprised when I roast ya back. You can be a whiny bitch and call it discrimination. Feel free to cry too. Just don't expect me to hand you the tissues.
And your problem is mine how?...

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
Re: The Saltening
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 02:47:59 AM »
Seems to be a thing with people to take offence at the drop of a hat. (or weapon or crate) I  guess since people don't have anything worthwhile to fight about, they get their little notions of right and wrong and project it onto everything. Call someone clearly female "she"? Suddenly you're "oppressive cis scum."

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 02:53:32 AM »
Yup, people be constantly finding excuses to be offended by something.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 02:54:04 AM »
We, as humans, are aggressive by nature. We want to fight. When the opportunity doesn't present itself, we make a fight over some petty BS

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 02:58:06 AM »
As Kalan once said, "Social Justice Warriors unite! Form of: a whiny bitch."

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 09:33:47 AM »
(If this gets pulled by one of the admins, whatever bruh)
I mean, got dayum! People are so quick to get offended by shit, so quick to be salty, ooo-wee, so quick to take shit the wrong way. When I first started on this forum, a few people liked me, far as I know.

There were those times, like on a past free art thread by a user who ain't on the forums no more, I think back in, like October, I thought her art was mad good, I think her name was Saoirse, I asked if I could get my char sketched, (Cinder was nice enough to do it, can't thank 'em enough!) she gave me some sugarcoated version of "no." I reacted in around the same fashion Kanye West acted at the Grammies when he didn't receive album of the year or somethin. Only I didn't trash the artist on national TV. Do I regret doing what I did? No. It's done, can't undo it, not that I really would :/

Another user on here, they'll not be named, they've held a grudge against me, suddenly started seeing me as some spoiled rich kid who gets handed everything on a silver platter. Who hasn't had things handed to them, though? Exactly. Those people gotta get off their high horse. We've made up, though.

Here's the thing about me, I don't care who you are, race, gender, sexuality, whatever. Be salty to me? That's cool, just don't be surprised when I roast ya back. You can be a whiny bitch and call it discrimination. Feel free to cry too. Just don't expect me to hand you the tissues.

So true Dubaku so Goddamn true
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 03:15:35 PM »
I think it's a dangerous slope. A lot of people who go "Yo bro, chill, I'm allowed to criticize you", usually don't have the same tone when they themselves are being criticized. I wonder why you make this topic, cause it seems you make this topic because people have gotten angry at you, people are angrily yelling at you and stuff, but then in the topic post you're basically saying "don't worry if I do things you don't like". I dunno, to me rudeness just spawns more rudeness and if you don't like people being rude to you, you generally try not to be rude to them.

That's my 2c on the matter, not saying your being rude or anything Dubaku, just saying in general.

• Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 03:41:09 PM »
Hey, now, you're talkin' to a certified Rude Bwoy. It's my job. If you get offended, that's your problem, I can only ever be offended by the phrase "No offense, but..." You've as much a right to be salty to me as I am to you, and visa versa.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 03:56:08 PM »
This topic is traveling into stupid territory, if you ask me. People complaining about being politically correct, from what I'm seeing when literally all politically correct is is being respectful to one another. There is literally no recourse for changing your vocab or harmful habits. If someone is saying 'Hey you're hurting me' there is no reason to say 'well you're being an oversensitive whiny bitch!' unless you want to be a jackass.

You're not edgy or cool for hurting other people. Generally, social justice warriors are there for a reason and are valid. The only ones that go overboard are people that troll to make fun of SJWs. I could go on, but I'm sure with the direction this topic is going, I'm likely going to be the black sheep or met with some 'lol exactly the problem' or 'whatever bruh' bullshit. Just know that this is stupid, and perhaps you should educate yourself more on issues rather than saying someone who makes a gripe is being a whiny bitch.

Grow up. Try to understand other peoples' perspective instead of shrugging everything off and being self absorbed. People who make posts like this are generally steeped in privilege of some kind where they've never had to be on the other side of it, therefore they don't mind sticking their foot in other peoples' faces. At best they don't realize they are doing it, but this is the exact kind of topic that makes me feel otherwise.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 03:58:53 PM by Mortimus-maximus »

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 04:32:41 PM »
Well, actually, when ya make a gripe once in a while, it's understandable. Repeated griping, though? I'll just call you a whiny bitch and be done with it.

I'm a firm believer in Notmyproblemism. If it involves family, or people I'm close to, however: then I show great concern. Who wouldn't?

I understand other people's perspectives, I just don't concern myself with most of 'em.

Your perspective of me is obviously that I'm insensitive and self-absorbed. You may see me as one to ensure that your fries not go unsalted.

From my perspective: you're to ensure that MY fries not go unsalted

See? I understand different perspectives. I just don't care most of the time.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 04:37:14 PM »
I feel like it'd be hard to work with you under that mindset. Job and sport environments like a team-based thinking, rather than an individual competing-based thinking.

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 04:37:44 PM »
You literally just gave example of everything I said.

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 04:39:25 PM »
Oh, no worries, Anoni, I've no problem working with others in the workplace, nor do I have a problem working with others on a sports team.

Ah, yes, and your point is?

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 04:43:51 PM »
Oh, no worries, Anoni, I've no problem working with others in the workplace, nor do I have a problem working with others on a sports team.

I'll have to take your word for it
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 04:45:43 PM by anoni »

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 07:09:50 PM »
I inda want to defend dubaku, but why bother arguing against people who are better then me in every way?
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.