The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Standing up for furry!  (Read 804 times)

Offline Ryan B

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Vibrant Orange
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 95 Pounds
  • Build: Light Build
  • Currently: Goal for today: I'm not sure what to say this day.....
Standing up for furry!
« on: July 03, 2015, 10:51:25 AM »
Here I would like advice on how to stand up to people who insult or attack furries. :'(

I would also like stories of people standing up rather it be in real life or over the internet, and if possible the results of the endeavor.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
Re: Standing up for furry!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 01:40:35 PM »
It's not exactly a war, but simply being honest about it is the best thing you can do. If everyone who likes furries admits it and doesn't pretend they're not associated with them, the problem would be mostly solved.

Offline Ryan B

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 02:48:10 PM »
Yes, I understand that, but I am not trying to portray it as a war. I am mostly referring to the people who are fully intending to hurt the person rather it be physically or mentally. As it does happen and if you don't stand up to that person and do nothing about it, most people can and will start to believe that these things are true. When it gets this far it is mostly irl but I have had quite a few online friends who just stopped getting online after a long time of hate. Some furry some not but since we are on a furry forum and furries get quite a lot of hate I found it an interesting subject for people who may be having these troubles. Or for people who have already dealt with this problem and want to give out advice on how to deal with people like this.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 02:53:41 PM »
Like I just said, there's no way to "fight" it. If you ignore the annoying ones and don't try to appease them, then they'll lose motivation to try. Put simply, starve the trolls. They don't need to be taken seriously, and if it's in-person, physical harassment, get authorities involved because attacking people is kind of illegal.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 03:12:04 PM »
Ask yourself this. When a sword comes swinging through the air, what takes the least amount of damage, the rock or the water? The rock is hard and strong and will try to battle the sword directly, but this impact will break both the rock and the sword, water on the other hand flows and simply moves around the sword, it doesn't really get damaged, both the sword and the water remain. "Standing up" to furries is like being a rock, you're taking the criticism head on and trying to fight back, but it's just gonna cause problems and honestly just make you look more like a fool.

To stand up to furries, you need to be like water, maneuver around the insults. They may call you a freak, ask them why they think or just go "Yeah, I'm a freak, what of it?". When someone insults you they're trying to get a reaction out of you, trying to make you angry, trying to make you sad, they think it's funny! If you try to stand up for yourself, call them names, do whatever, you're giving them exactly what they want, to them you are weak, you are evil and you are the enemy. IF you don't give them the reaction, you be polite or you simply just act like you don't give a **censor** what they think (Note: That does not mean saying "I don't care what you think", it's like saying "uh-huh, whatever you say"). Just flow around the insults, show them they don't matter to you.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Ryan B

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 03:48:02 PM »
I am not gonna try and start an argument and I can see where you are coming from, but not everyone can just ignore trolls and some people are afraid to get authorities involved. We both have our points, and both sides make some sort of sense, but not everyone can just ignore them. While most can the few who can't can get depressed if they have nobody to tell them it isn't true.

As for anoni's statement, if those people who feel as if they can do nothing hear what you said, I think they would soon understand it is not true at all and they should just ignore these people. Not even sure if that is an original saying but if it is it should be a famous saying. But it also just destroyed this topic as the people who would have these problems will understand now. That isn't a bad thing at all, it is a great thing even. Good job sir, good job.

I also had a feeling this would happen when I first made this topic, not a 100% sure but I had a small feeling. It turned out quite nicely and I am happy how you two handled your views and calmly provided reasons why your thoughts made sense.
I don't want you to have a bad view of me when I just joined these forums so I am sorry if this has given you a bad view of me but please understand I am not a troll or someone who can't see anything other then what they think correct. You two have a very wonderful day.
 :)

Offline Dubaku

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • Arrogant and proud
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 6'2"
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 06:39:22 PM »
The best you could say in any situation when you want no BS, is "Whatever." Spice it up any way you'd like
And your problem is mine how?...

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 08:22:56 PM »
Take it like water off of a ducks back.

There is no way to fight haters, only to ignore them.
If you can't deal with the trolls, don't stand up for the furries.
It's very easy to not associate yourself with something.

If you're in the street and someone attacks you, that's assault and they can be arrested.

Personally, if someone is trying to make a scene with me, ill try to get them as aggro as possible. As long as they cast the first stone.

Something about wearing your heart on tour sleeve.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 10:48:21 PM »
Just look at them and laugh  :D

Don't dignify them with a response.
  • Signature art by: Teiko

Offline Drakeyboy

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Raccon (hybrid)
  • Coloring: Red with white fur
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 145 lbs
  • Build: long arms and legs with a very slim build.
  • Currently: gaming, job huntig, and listenig to music. Like a Elite!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 11:08:20 PM »
haters are like bullies. ignore them and they will go away. confront them and they will come back. get a third party involved and the may go away. and don't think on trying to reason with them haters have a Anti-commonsense filter.