The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Reborn  (Read 20406 times)

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
Re: The Reborn
« Reply #510 on: September 04, 2015, 09:37:58 PM »
As the creature was stunned, Mighty took out the PDW from his backpack, checked it and attached it to his belt.
He then sent a charge, aiming directly for the heart and prepared to block or evade next incoming attack.

Zane the Fox

« Reply #511 on: September 04, 2015, 11:37:55 PM »
Hmm. Do we want to check that out? I mean I can use the shadow to hide and how well are you with your ghostly style? *Zane tilt his head in thought as he look down the left path of dust. Then turn to the right.* Or do we want to avoid it all the together? Cause I fine with check it out. *Zane bend with his hand resting on his sword.*

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
The Reborn
« Reply #512 on: September 05, 2015, 06:08:59 AM »
Zaida huffed looking at the door. "Fine, hey dragon you coming or staying here, they're closing in" she hollered, looking to Drago seeing how he was pushing himself she though 'that can make him go unconscious.'
And with that with the undead furries surrounding the area he could be an easy meal. "Don't push yourself" she said to Drago "or you'll drop" she hissed to him.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 01:22:22 PM by Zaida »

Offline Alegra737

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon Shapeshifter
  • Coloring: Silver, with white facial markings
  • Height: 5"
  • Build: Slender, but well muscled.
  • Currently: I'm going to be away for a while. Sorry for any inconveniences.
« Reply #513 on: September 05, 2015, 10:08:55 AM »
Alegra shot at the closest of the undead. It stumbled back, but then she realized something. Stupid, they're already dead, so they can't be killed. She took a few steps back.
What goes up comes down, apart from when it doesn't.

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
  • I intend to live forever, or die Trying
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Gold scaled and White underside, with angel-like wings
  • Height: 260cm
  • Weight: 120kg
  • Build: Mesomorph
  • Currently: More than likely studying while having this open on my Laptop
« Reply #514 on: September 07, 2015, 07:43:42 AM »
Mighty-
The attack struck its back where the heart should be, striking the chest like steel against steel. The smell of rotten flesh seemed to radiate from the massive walking tank of a creature. It turned around and stared at Mighty, it seemed to smile as it lumbered over to the Vector. It rose its hand and threw to the ground, with the intend of squishing his foe. Mighty saw the attack coming and emitted a dome of pure enegy around him. The dome radiated outward like a solid surface and held itself against the force that was inputted by the weight and acceleration of the attack./ The arm began to chip away slowly, its body singing, especially around the palm, and in seconds there was nothing but a stump, its hand gone. The creature was slightly confused and looked at his arm with confusion. The arm was beginning to regenerate slowly, slower than the smaller ones.

Zane-
The mouse shrugged, " well the noise is coming the other end so i say we head off that direction" and Johnny walked of, his eyes set towards the curving hallway and into the unknown. As Zane followed, they followed a intriget maze of tunnels and stairs, they saw many rooms but a sense of danger, or the fact that sounds of inhuman creatures communicating behind the metal doors, stopped the pair from inspecting to room closer . The noise was getting louder and louder, Johnny though he would go insane if he kept hearing this, but eventually they reached a massive open room (though it was still underground). There were three different levels that acted like an upside down pyramid, with silent computers and empty chairs, surrounding a massive cylinder of green liquid, the liquid was cloudy and impossible to see whats happening inside the creepy glass case. Johnny looked around and saw roots were entangled throughout the floor, massive ones, and they all seemed to climb upwards into the rocky ceiling.

Algera-
They were coming, even as Micahel gritted his teeth and quickly reloaded his weapon, at speed belong norm, they kept coming, ALgera could see smoke rise from the guns muzzle and his barrel began to turn red with heat . The four remaining creatures that weren't dispatched dropped behind Michael and faced the two vectors, actually two moved forward and instead jumped behind the two and ran of after the female shark, their eyes filled with hunger and anger. Ryu stepped in front of Algeara, between the two zombies and her, " i got them, get the others, where did Lindsay go" he smiled widely and looked at her with his calm fox eyes. He looked at the enemies and....
He moved forward like a bullet and struck the first, a bear in the head and it was sent flying over the surprised Shark, though he kept firing the last rounds of his final magazine. The kangaroo moved to attack but the super strength vector was ahead of him, he bough up his palm and slammed it into its chest, blood and guts exploded outward and it slammed against one of the sea pipes, denting it and allowing small amounts of water to escape from the large hole.

Ryu was only wasting his strength, the bears head was already growing back, and the kangaroo just got back up, the attack not really fazing him.

Now Algera turned and saw the cheetah and the male lion zombies run of into the darkness after their prey.

Zaida-
Drago looked at Zaida and nodded. He ran into the walkway, dodging the arms that poked through the metal flooring, and began freezing the entire surface again like before, " i will slow them down, keep moving, find our way outer here" he yelled exhaustively. The large block of ice wedged the door, but Zaida could already see that the zombies were already pushing and breaking their way through.

Zaida and Compassion made their way on the walkway to the central sphere like room. Zaida looked around and saw no undead, nor anyway they could enter. " I can feel their anger, they are all over this place, i don't think however they are in here" Compassion noted.

They entire room looked like a control room or a command center, there were rows upon rows of desks with multiple computer screen littering it. Above Zaida were three massive screens, one showed the island, it was littered in lines of red that extended from the center all the way to the beach fronts. Another was blank, black empty. And the other was showing a battle ensuing between a familiar lightning vector and a massive zombie beast, Triss was completely enthralled, she stood their fascinated, her eyes the size of saucers. The room also had a metal walkway that circled the entire room. " Transcendence really loves their metals don't they" Compassion noted humorously as she inspected the screen like Triss.

Zaida noted that the room was completely spotless and seemed untouched by the monsters. Some of the screens were  silent, some were locked, a flashing password and username icon indicated that some needed to be entered with code, and a few were on screen saver mode. Though as Zaida saw, some were very unprofessional to have as a office screen saver.

• Signature art by: -

Freedom isn't free
You can lead me, follow me, or get out of my way so make up your mind

Offline Farewell

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #515 on: September 07, 2015, 08:33:44 AM »
Zaida shrugged. "I suppose" she said looking at the screens in complete silence but curiously. 'Interesting.' She though as she paced around her eyes scanning around and her tail dragged along.
"I wonder..." She said looking at each screen, before looking at Compassion. "What started these, we could say... Zombies... Did you see where they came from?" She asked sitting down on her tail waiting for a response

Offline Alegra737

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon Shapeshifter
  • Coloring: Silver, with white facial markings
  • Height: 5"
  • Build: Slender, but well muscled.
  • Currently: I'm going to be away for a while. Sorry for any inconveniences.
« Reply #516 on: September 07, 2015, 08:38:06 AM »
Alegra thought fot a moment, wondering if she should use her vector abilities. No, Ryu could hold his own. She shot one final zombie, then pointed down the tunnle. "Go! As fast as you can!" She raced ahead, hoping that the others would follow.
What goes up comes down, apart from when it doesn't.

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
« Reply #517 on: September 07, 2015, 10:52:46 AM »
"**censor** this shit" Mighty huffed and, ignoring the creature, walked through the steel doors.

Zane the Fox

« Reply #518 on: September 07, 2015, 05:44:23 PM »
Ok.....this is a little on creepy and weird side. *Zane look around the room. So you think we should climb up or nose around and see what is all this is?

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #519 on: September 08, 2015, 02:01:04 PM »
Ray blinked, and took up a really weak defensive stance, as he was inexperienced in combat. "S-So...you've a-all succumb t-to the rot?"

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #520 on: September 09, 2015, 02:01:05 PM »
Ray-
They ignored Ray’s statement as they began to close in. Their red eyes glowed and their decayed teeth were bare. Ray could get a good look at them though. He could see that their skin seemed milky, almost like it was a thin piece of parchment. Their veins showed, their muscles seemed to be unnaturally bulgy and almost no fur around their faces, it had fallen of one would think. But one seemed odder than the rest. Its entire left eye was gone and instead was a yellow flower that poked through the socket, it was surrounded by vines that seemed to interconnect with all the other vines and roots that intertwined with the monsters bodies. The first one lunged at Ray, its canine mouth opened…..

Algera-
They didn't, as she looked over her shoulder she could see that now michael was firing from his sidearm, and was making careful and precise shots, taking out the monsters head, like balloons, one after the other. But he was in dire need of ammunition, he had ran out of automatic ammo and was only equipped with one sidearm mag.
Ryu on the other hand just looked at Algera and waved her of, he had to stop these things was the only thing on his mind, he wasn’t going to let a girl get hurt, or his father would murder him. The Zombies were getting back up, there insides would be more like mush and paste, but it wasn’t affecting them at all, to Ryu’s dismay. The kangaroo suddenly jumped upwards and used his hind legs to shoulder ram into Ryu’s gut and send him into the concrete wall. Ryu shrugged the attack of with a smile, his gleaming white fangs showing, “ just go, we will be fine” he yelled and went in for another attack.

Algera moved forward into the darkness, running after the beasts chasing after Lindsay. Algera feared what the darkness would hold, but as a shapeshifter, she could not be held back by something as simple as darkness.

Mighty-
Mighty walked calmly through the damaged doors, one of the hinges was now missing after the beast rammed through it, and ignored the creature as it was still watching its arm grow back. The creature could probably fit through, but it was going to be difficult. Mighty now was in a t-intersection, or what was supposed to be an intersection. The entire walls had been smashed to pieces, steel and concrete, rock and alloy mixed together in one giant mess. But ignoring the mess Mighty could see he could go left or right. On inspection they were very much the same, a large metal tunnel that curved around the corner.

Zaida-
Compassion looked at her and nodded, “this could be a good place to start", she began walking over to each screen and tried to access them. While she was at this, Triss walked up and began to chat with Zaida, though throughout the conversation, Zaida could note that she was scared.
“This place could hold a lot of interesting facts babe, we could also bunker down here, Drago won’t be able to hold them back forever, he isn’t the best, he is rather…", but she turned back, ignoring the conversation completely and rushed to the front of the room, above the monitors, eyes glued as the beast let Mighty go as it was looking at its wound in confusion, “oh damn what a pussy, come on fight the creature, show who is the better, take your shirt of already” she yelled at the screen, now interested in watching what’s happening on the monitors.
“Bingo as they say” Compassion calls out in triumph, Zaida could see that she was at the far left, looking at one of the computers that had been in screen shot mode “ this one is still opened”.
Upon choice of Zaida- if she approached the opened screen……..
The computer looked slightly ancient compared to the ones that Zaida has seen. There were a lot of folders and documents littering the screen, all seemed to have the word operation or area # next to them. There were documents and folders such as Operation Thor, Operation sentient, Operation Reborn, Operation Ao, Area highlands, Area Steppe, Area Snowfall, The Ash Prison, Avian Empress, Bounties, Deceased Vectors, Jason Darklight, The Science sector, Military Sector, Financial/political sector, The Halfling Dragon, Science heads, Military heads, Financial heads, The shadow, The Ceo’s, Project Reborn, Whispers, Whisper Threat, Whisper sighting and confirmed encounters, Sergals, The Draconians, Insect War, Reborn Personal, Creed of the Chosen, Church of the Gods, Cult of Twilight, the Gathering of the Sism, Vitae. They were just the highlights of a screen covered in folders and documents.

“Miss Zaida look” Compassion pointed to the bottom of the screen where a file was minimised, “this is recent, well as recent as the facility was last used”.
It was strange but this place had no dust whatsoever, Zaida could see that the entire room looked like it was only used just yesterday.
Compassion moved the small mouse in her large hands and highlighted over the folders icon and clicked in and a massive document opened up, and Zaida began to read:
__________________________________________________________________________________
Project Ao
Time 21:35:34, Date is the 25/02/2207
Project Ao has had its failures, but thanks to the science head Cyl, we still believe that as a whole the project is a moving success. After Subject 9, Mott, passed, we were able to finally get our hands on the core we need, and secure enough funding from the Ceo’s to actually but our plan to motion.  I hope to get some good quality data and results. The boss if very funny though, ze should have been a comedian but a biologist is ok, after all, I am making millions here.
(GM* Note, Cyu is gender neutral, just so you know….)
(He then goes on a spiel about the conditions he is working on him, especially since he is a top scientist in his fields, though he doesn’t state what, and the colleagues, Marther is such a slut it appears, and the only way he would move up in the world is if he actually became a reborn, though he doesn’t explain what it is, just that it would be such a hassle and the training annoying).
At the end through it mentions this, we will be able to drug the subjects now, and we should get some interesting results now, not like before.
Time 20:56:01, Date is the 09/04/2207

We couldn’t hold them properly and we have to bug out soon, the damn guards got bitten by one and became a raging lunatic, though to be surprised how in the world he not died instantly from all that vitae fluid. The percent of vitae in their blood is 60%, I am very surprised, obviously the formula is of, and otherwise he would end up just like them, boss wants us to drop everything and we will come back, just noting, he is not as good as a head of the company, he acts like he is superior but no one is better than the twenty heads, but anyway,  after the owners of this pitiful island wipe the fake ones, the real ones would wipe the Atlantic Trading Companies security force in three days I Hypothesise, and allow us to easily dispatch those lumbering creatures with ease, and settle back in.
We are leaving everything, the unfinished specimens and the untouched specimens are staying here, we can always get more after all.  We shouldn’t have turned it on…
Anyway signing out..

“ That’s all, it’s very cryptic” Compassion notes, “ but there is a folder named Ao, I think we should look into it”.
She then alt tabbed, and opened the folder named Project Ao.
It opens up and there are three files, Heart, Vitae, and an image that was exactly like the one of the big monitors, the one of the island and all the red lines leading to the island.
Vitae-
Its images of Zombies, a yellow plant named Pruna Vitaliea and at the bottom it said aka. Vitae, and an image of an anthro wearing one of transcendence skin suits were the first pages of the digital file but then there was data and formulas. Compassion noted, “Intelligence and knowledge have no idea what this says so we are just going to ignore the fancy writing, though they can read H2O and CO2, there is Calcium there and everything is in SI units as well so were kind of screwed in that regard”.
They finally got to the last page-
To Newbie, by the best Biologist in the world Cyu XOXOX-
Vitae is a revolutionary drug, it is able to increase healing abilities and increase a personas peak physical condition. But of course, it has the ability to drive man crazy and satanic. With Transcendence military initiative at the turn of lasts century we now managed t0 use vectors to increase our military growth and our social economic growth. The skin suits required a mixed of vector and non-vector organic materials that would create a living suit or armour stronger than steel, with abilities that could wipe out TerraCo’s armadas with ease. But thanks to Viate, the suits are able to regenerate! What an amazing feature, the suits are actually now living indestructible, not to mention immortal, creatures, that will serve the Ceo’s and the shadow loyally, that’s better than all you f%^*ers. But like every gift there is a down side. We Anthros aren’t indestructible, even the masters of the body reborn, and are not immortal. Unless you could fuse them, which is the main initiative of the island’s research. Newbie what we have done, through thick and thin, is create a hybrid thanks to your effort. A living creature that cannot be killed or stopped. Through the use of
( incomplete can't post any more)

Post Merge: September 09, 2015, 02:02:31 PM
organic tethers, in the form of roots, and stitching the suits into their muscles, just below, we are able to make a corpse move, filled with vitae as nutrition and natural food for the suits to digest. I would not recommend getting bitten by one, the human body has some of the chemicals inside that form the basic fuel source for the skin suits and thus when bitten, the host’s body will slowly become that of a vitae addict and will result in becoming just like the Zombies, except not really, we refer to them as fake zombies, since they are unable to be controlled yet.
There is no cure for a vitae addict besides burning the body….. Very sombre but I have to go through this stupid crap, shadows order

Back to the information, of course we are still working on a few bugs before our initiative, just check the heart folder and you will begin to see, also note, this is company secrets and by law of the company… well you know, good luck and hope you change the world for the better.

Compassion locked at Zaida as she finished reading, she was a fast reader, “ this seems as if parts are missing, like an unfinished letter, I think the owner broke apart the files to their particular section, but the Zombies are basically armoured beneath their muscles and drugged out of their minds, but this heart what is it”.

Zane-
Jonny walked down the flights of stairs to the centre, “whatever is making that noise is coming from the giant glass cylinder” he noted. As he got closer, Zane could start to make out a shape within it, it was large and it was moving. When Johnny reached the ground, the fog disappeared and revealed, to everyone’s horror, the Islands darkest secret and the core to all the problems.

“That’s a bloody heart” Johnny yells in surprise and fear, “What the %^&* is this @#$%, this is supposed to be a bloody military base”. The heart expanded and subsided with each beat, it was massive, the size of an elephant (normal one, not anthro), and looked like it was slightly orange. There were vines coming out from all over the thing and disappeared below it, where the vial was submerged by the floor. Wire also held it, from above but they were damaged, vines intertwined within them.

Zaida-
“ Ok that’s just fu&*ed up” Compassion says with astonishment as she reads through the document, there are images of a room with a heart in the centre, inside a large cylinder. Images included a small donut shaped crystal, a vitae heart, it glowed flawlessly in its image, though it was grey and locked slightly like a rock, but it was still beautiful. And the last was a image of a smiling teenage, with antlers and a slightly reptilian look to his face, with slitted eyes and such.
The heart-
In order to control a vitae that wasn’t grafted with a suit, you must find a way to communicate with a vitae zombie. That was at first hard, the first group of researchers died because they thought they could easily control something that we could never understand, even reborn individuals of each class could not help us. So we had to use one piece of evidence from years of research and spend billions of years, and thousands of man hours to solve the problem, the evidence was that they could communicate with each other. But how they could communicate was so impossible that the science heads and even the shadow had to throw to the side. But thanks to a bit of creative thinking, we used a heart from a vitae to create a single living organism, a mix of earth, anthro flesh and a vector heart, and of course a billion dollars’ worth of bloody vitae, that should be able to be controlled by our co-workers. This heart would slowly be connected fed volcanic nutrients and water, and would grow using the same roots that vitae use until this entire island is one giant organism. We still haven’t began to feed the heart and awaken it. But when we do, when the Reborn Day arises soon and this military base is occupied by the military, countries will fall to hordes of these beasts, a living unstoppable force.

( there, why is there a 2000 word limit....)

Freedom isn't free

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #521 on: September 09, 2015, 02:02:32 PM »
Ray ducked under the canine, and tried to trip it up.

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #522 on: September 09, 2015, 02:08:08 PM »
Ray- ( that was fast)
The canine tumbled over and began spinning until a eagle zombie stepped on the wolf stopping him in his tracks (well spinning). Then a Fat Panda and a Large Dragon, the two that originally flanked the eager canine, had a go, they approached Ray, they were eager, but cautious there mouth were watering.

Freedom isn't free

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #523 on: September 09, 2015, 02:17:54 PM »
Ray blinked. "What do you want?!" The grass around his feet began to die, and disintegrate. "I didn't choose to be here!"

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #524 on: September 09, 2015, 02:41:15 PM »
Ray-
" no one chooses there destiny, no one can control your fate, Prophet of the Twilight" spoke the teenager, he appeared again through the darkness, but he was not fazed by the creatures, they just seemed to have stopped, rigid and silent, " the world is is more danger, you aren't reborn yet, but you and the hybrid are already realizing your powers you must fight now before the day ends, or you will ". The hybrid walked past Ray not looking at him, instead just facing the darkness behind Ray, and continued walking, " Rot is growth, decay is change, and death is what brings life to this world, trust in your abilities".

He walked away into the darkness and vanished again, this time would be his last.

The creatures now seemed to wake out of a trance, and they focused back onto the Racoon. The Dragon and the Panda moved into action, they charged at him.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 11:07:35 PM by Celestial_Dragon »

Freedom isn't free