The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Siege of the Doomcasters Stronghold (OOC)  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • May or may not be a demon
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf / Fox Hybrid
  • Coloring: Grey / White / Blue
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 170
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I think I'm finished here, I may pop up from time to time though
The Siege of the Doomcasters Stronghold (OOC)
« on: August 02, 2015, 11:42:07 AM »

Backstory:
Legend has it that a group of powerful mages guard an artifact known as 'The chroma core'. This artifact is capable of multiplying a magic users power by godly amounts. In charge to protect such an artifact is a team of wizards who keep the location and pretty much all information about the core a complete secret. However it would seem that at one meeting, they were eavesdropped and now the wizard incharge of the core was killed, everything in the tower was looted, and the core is gone. Only a note was found which read "Glory to the Doomcasters!" written in blood.
Upon hearing this, Nucleon created an advert online as well as in newspapers to hire wizards, warriors, and rangers to come forth and take down the opposing faction.. for a generous reward of £2,500,000 each to yourself.. or if you don't make it, to your family.
Of course, storming the fortress where they keep the artifact will be no easy feat, there's a legion of anti-hero's based there as well as traps, puzzles, and of course.. treasures.

TL dr:
The Doomcasters (the opposing faction) have acquired  an artifact called 'The chroma core' and are using it to create some sort of super weapon at their stronghold. Nucleon is hiring a group of mercenaries in the world to take them down.

Rules:

-No god modding, however do bring your most powerful fursona's (I may alter them before accepting them)
-No metagaming, this basically means that you cannot force events such as weapons hitting or forced healing others, they have to decide the outcome. (I'll be able to force events as I'm the GM)
-You can be injured or even, be killed! if I find that certain people are dodging/blocking every attack, I will start to force events upon them. I'll not specifically kill you, but you can be injured, nobody is immune to everything.
-Only 1 fursona per person.
-No excess Gore! this is a forum rule, so keep excess gore to a minimum. I'd rather not have to deal with mod situations here.

Just a couple of sidenotes:
This is a combat orientated RP! That's not to say not as powerful fursona's can't join. I will try to balance the combat to suit the attacker, but don't expect it to be easy.
While this is a serious RP, play it out as a wave based fun RP (I make a post, then everyone else will make a post, then back to me again)
Try to be active, I don't want to be waiting days for someone to be online. If you're not online within 48 hours and we're waiting for you, you may be removed from the RP
While I do want your most powerful fursonas, I will be just as cruel by creating just as powerful, if not more powerful anti-heros. This RP will be no cakewalk if you try to brute force your way through it.
The more the merrier! I'm looking for as many people as possible for the RP. Its designed to be a large raid with lots going on.
The RP Itself will not start until Friday or later! I still need more time to finalise some aspects of the RP such as events that will happen, Anti-Hero's, puzzles etc..

The Map (This may change by friday):

<alternate map link>

Okay, and now on to the application forms! Be sure to be descriptive of the powers, if something isn't in your power sheet, you can't use it in the RP.

Name -
Age -
Species -
Gender -
Appearance -
Powers -
Strengths / Weaknesses -
Extra -

And with all that out the way, Good luck!

Name - Nucleon Blitz
Age - 19
Species - Fox/Wolf hybrid (Folf)
Gender - Male
Appearance - Grey Fur, Yellow eyes and yellow stripes across his fur. He wears a dark robe with gemstones all over it for enhancing his magic ability.
Weapon(s) - The Blitz staff
Powers - Spell sheet (see the Nucleon section)
Strengths / Weaknesses - Nucleon is fairly strong against single target foe's, he prefers to play strategically or to just kill as quickly as possible. This can lead to his downfall as if he doesn't manage to defeat an opponent after the initial burst, he will be easily worn down. Nucleon is sort of like a swiss army knife, in that he has a versatile range of magic spells. While he is the jack of all trades, he is the master of none.
Extra - Nucleon will be leading the assault on the fortress. however, he won't be getting into much combat (due to me needing to control alot of other people.)

<LINK TO ACTIVE / NON ACTIVE FURSONAS IN THE RP (Controlled by me)> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jz8VFmafQhsH5psxPHfFKoU4WxiiLTfTJGTNqzFMi7g/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:31:59 AM by Zarconite »
  • Avatar by: Commision by Nimroderick
  • Signature art by: Myself - so that its easier for me to tell which posts are mine

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
Re: The siege of the Doomcasters Stronghold
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 01:14:32 PM »
Name - Al "The Bloody" El-Kina

Age - 32

Species - Folf, Eagle and monkey

Gender - Male

Appearance - His fur is charcoal black. This includes the feathers for his wings. His skin is dark pink, and is barely every exposed (the inside of his ears). His left eye is usually metallic blue, while his right is green. He usually wears a black fighting kimono, with every weapon he has strapped to some part of his body.

Weapons - Al's Weapon References He's also mastered 5 different fighting styles making him near-unbeatable in one to one combat. He's mastered: Judo, Karate, S.C.A.R.S, Jujistu and Chun Kuk Do.

Powers - His mechanical enhancements which include: His mechanical eyes, his neurological enhancements and his arm-blade implants. His mechanical eye has four states. Neutral, Analyse, Attack and Over-clock.

Neutral State: It doesn't do much more than provide normal sight. This is when his eye is blue

Analyse State: It floods the brain with visible information about his opponent and surroundings. His eye will turn red for this

Attack State: It enhances his sight capabilities, making him capable of predicting enemy movements and "seeing" faster. This is coupled with his brain enhancements. His eye will turn black for this

Over-clock State: This will make him capable of seeing about 5.75x faster than a normal eye can visually process. His brain will overflow with visual information and it will make him capable of predicting the movements of multiple enemies. But, as a downside, any use of this causes damage to his mechanical eye and neurological implants. If he uses it for longer than 10 minutes, it will automatically shut down and return to the neutral state. His eye will turn bloodshot with black for this.

Strengths -
  • He's very creative, and able to come up with dynamic strategies on the spot
  • He's not capable of feeling remorse or empathy, making him a true "remorseless-killer"
  • He's near-unbeatable in one on one combat
  • He's very inspiring and a good leader, despite not being able to feel empathy for his teammates.
Weaknesses -

• He can't handle battles in which he has to fight two or more experienced fighters (experienced = an anti-hero)
  • He's not good at caring about his teammates, making him likely to use them as cannon fodder and the such
  • His character isn't very likeable until you get to know him and he displays his more likeable traits.
Extra -
  • His voice pattern is weird because he had his tongue cut out. It was replaced by a voice modulator which makes his voice sound like a lower pitched version of bane (from the dark knight rises)
  • He's been subject to many tortures, especially in his early years of life. Because of that he's able to tolerate a lot of physical pain, before even breaking a sweat
  • He's actually a nice guy, outside of his inability to feel remorse or empathy. He treats his friends, as well as people who respect him, with respect.
  • His inspiring side comes from his ability to give inspirational speeches and use his words well. This comes from years of having to leading and training small teams.
  • His favourite singer is Eminem. His favourite drink is earl-grey tea.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:40:52 PM by Dr. Alka P. Wolf »
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I intend to live forever, or die Trying
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Gold scaled and White underside, with angel-like wings
  • Height: 260cm
  • Weight: 120kg
  • Build: Mesomorph
  • Currently: More than likely studying while having this open on my Laptop
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 01:22:49 PM »
Looks interesting I will give it a go

Name - Drago Destiny Darklight
Age - 16
Species - Angelic Dragon
Gender - Male
Appearance - Drago is a Golden Dragon with white, Anglic wings. His underside is white though on the left side of his body is a image of a red dragon spewing black flames. He has a large scar over his right eye, the scar is etched from his eyebrow to his cheek. He wears a large hooded overcoat and has black boots and large camo cargo pants to complete the attire. Oh and he has a black pair of sunglasses.
Has a giant metal staff that he uses as a walking stick, has two swords in their scabbards oh his side

Powers - The power of energy manipulation along with a advanced study of fire style magic
Powers-
Natural (can do it with basic ease)
Current-Objects act like energy throw through them, I can give people a little zap if I wanted to hehehe
Ignite- I can ignite anything within a metre as though I held a lighter to it, so some objects are immune like metal.

Basic
nullify- energy that impacts me is instantly nullified, this refers to all kinetic energy as well, however I am still vulnerable to other non-energy attacks such as heat and I gain no advantage on physical abilities
Fire ammo- can ignite ammo, arrows or my blades alight, or someone else if i made contact with it.

Elementary
redirection- same as before but instead it is reveded back on target, also using this releases small amounts of radiation at target, but nothing that will do anything of damage.
Flame hands- Drago hands are able to erupt flames from his hand in a line or cone based on preference ( 10m long for line or about 5m wide by two metres forward

Advanced
storage (passive)- all energy that is nullified or any damage I take is stored somewhere within me in a alternate abstraction of reality.
Plasma bomb- Drago releases small purple spheres from his hands and then he throws them at a target area, the impact zone (1m radius) turn into molten larva, while 10 metres around the zone are instantly ignited.

Master
release- all energy is released from storage three times the amount, the energy erupts with a mix of lightning, radiation and extremely explosive. The energy only affects a single target though.
Flame Armour- My entire body becomes one with the flames and can use his flames in anyway he wishes however the longer he uses it the more burnt he is.

Strengths / Weaknesses -
Strengths- in mainly magic based combatant and excels in all magic base combat but has some skill in the arts of the staff.

Weaknesses- his energy manipulation will backfire on him, Drago is currently suffering from cancer and has very few years to live.
aimless, callous, complex, withdrawn, unpredictable, soft hearted towards allies and friends, reckless, pessimist, murderer, infamous in the world, known not to be trusted.
Has barely any skill in close combat and has weak reflexes,

Extra - Drago joined with two things that made him stand out,
He was a very infamous bounty hunter who is known to massacre his targets and anyone who opposed him
A master Mage, Drago rarely fought in the battle of swords but rather the battle of spells and magic.
His combat style is to mainly absorb all energy and attack at close range with fire

Also has a bad habit of chewing things,
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:00:25 PM by Celestial_Dragon »
  • Signature art by: -

Freedom isn't free
You can lead me, follow me, or get out of my way so make up your mind

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 01:32:42 PM »
Okay, Alka I'm pretty much happy with your powers

Celestial, I don't really want people to have teleportation. You could just teleport us to the end goal and skip everything which is not something I want.
  • Signature art by: Myself - so that its easier for me to tell which posts are mine

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 01:34:08 PM »
Ok I will fix did not think of that

Done how is that
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:49:54 PM by Celestial_Dragon »

Freedom isn't free

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 01:52:31 PM »
Okay, that looks fine to me!

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: The Siege of the Doomcasters Stronghold
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 03:22:13 PM »

Name - Grunan
Age - 34
Species - Snake
Gender - Male

Appearance - Green snake, burnt down his right hand side (including face). Yellow eyes.

Powers - Powerful ritual magic that must be done before the battle, can also throw bolts of various energy. Can see through the eyes of Crows within a 5 mile radius, though doing so leaves him vulnerable.

Can do a small number of minor magic spells such as levitating things, creating a short-term force-field, Illusions ect.

He can summon demonic allies, though only does so when absolutely necessary.

Strengths / Weaknesses - If he knows whats coming Grunan is very powerful indeed, able to prepare, design, and have exactly the tools for the job. He can also pack a significant punch in combat, a blitz fighter. His downside is that every spell hurts him, and brings back the pain in his burns. In addition, the goals of him and his goddess do not always match.

He is physically frail, if someone gets into close combat, Grunan will not last long.

Extra -Is powered by two brain parasites given to him by Molgath, the goddess of knowledge, these parasites are intrinsically evil, and must be constantly monitored by Grunan in order to keep them weak, and to stop them claiming Grunan's body as their own... He is able to fight them even while unconscious, and believes they are perfectly secure...

Every week his goddess feeds off his knowledge, and also in some cases, grants a small amount of knowledge that is of use to Grunan in return.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:54:31 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
Re: The Siege of the Doomcasters Stronghold
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 03:26:01 PM »
Okay, Looks good to me Angder!

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
Re: The Siege of the Doomcasters Stronghold (Signup/OOC)
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 08:55:20 PM »
I don't think I'll start this RP unless there at least 5 others (not including me)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 10:15:06 PM »
:(

Damn... can't you just scale the RP down a bit? Or let us have multiple chars? I have at least 3 on standby.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 12:11:42 AM »
Name - Noir Blackbourne
Age - 24
Species - Axanthic Ball Python
Gender - Agender | He/him pronouns
Appearance - Click here. Wears a dark colored hooded cloak and a utility belt to hold his daggers with various pouches. Also has chain shaped scars on his wrists.
Powers -
Heat sense; can sense any warm blooded creature within a 60ft radius.
Shadow Dancing; various manipulation of shadows (for sake of illusion) and in some instances can travel through any shadows (excluding his own within a 60ft radius) to execute sneak attacks. Can become invisible in plain sight so long as there are shadows within a 10ft radius.

Strengths / Weaknesses -
Strengths; cunning, resourceful, good with traps and stealth.
Weaknesses; vulnerable when fighting head on, vulnerable to cold, sometimes does not work well with others (Stubborn and will save his own hide if made to choose).

Extra - Tbd.

I'll bite. Though if I can't keep up, I'll make an exit post for myself.

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 06:01:26 AM »
Yeah, looks good to me!

I need quite a few people as I have quite alot happening, the stronghold is full of enemies.. so just walking in with 3 people would get you killed pretty quickly
I might be able to scale it down a little? but I'll see as I'm still working a couple of things out

Offline HollowOfHaze

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I see no way in which this could go horribly wrong
    • Awards
  • Species: Heraldic Winged Lion
  • Coloring: Tan fur/feathers, brown hair, brown eyes veined with a golden yellow.
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 128 Lbs
  • Build: Not exceedingly muscular, but definitely not fat.
  • Currently: Forgotten.
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 08:11:50 AM »
I am greatly interested in joining this RP, and will post specifics as soon as I have them written and compiled properly.

Name- Galen Mikhael Arakisk

Age- 21

Species- Winged Lion

Gender- Male

Appearance- 6' in height, brown feline eyes with gold veins, medium-length dark brown hair, maneless, 14' wingspan of dark brown wings. Tan fur coloration and retractable claws.

Weapons: Accurized M1A with anti-personnel rounds, Smith&Wesson M&P CORE with SAPHE rounds, hardlight longsword. Adaptive combat skin with energy shielding and biofoam injectors.

Powers- Limited shapeshifting between fullform and humanoid traits, manipulation of gravity's effects on self, kinetic energy projection, manipulation of slow projectile trajectory, and perfection of coordination.

Strengths- Very fast reflexes, excellent visual accuity, adaptability by shifting to accomodate a scenario's requirements. Trained exhibition shooter and CQB practitioner. Cold, unnerving willingness to execute aggressors. Willing to take steps to ensure ally's continued survival and combat efficiency.

Weaknesses- Cold, unnerving willingness to execute aggressors, unnoteworthy deduction abilities. Can't tell a joke worth a damn.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:52:37 AM by HollowOfHaze »
  • Avatar by: My personal friend SpunkyRaccoon on DeviantArt

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 08:26:49 AM »
No problem, the RP won't start until Friday so you've got plenty of time

Looks good Hollow!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:11:00 AM by Zarconite »

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 09:14:18 AM »
Just a observation of the current characters
Besides Zarconites we have-

Some sort of Mechanical Warrior Ninja that specialises in one on one combat
A mage specialising in lightning and flame
A mage specialising in illusion and conjuration, and probably stealth (snake is very ssssneaky)
A rogue that has illusion skills ( i am not using the same joke twice sorry)
A shape-shifting Marksman that would probably have the advantage in aerial combat

Just making an observations....
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:37:17 AM by Celestial_Dragon »

Freedom isn't free