The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Arctic wall  (Read 10148 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: The Arctic wall
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2015, 01:03:03 AM »
Ray sighed. "What did I miss, doc?" He looked like he wasn't all there, as he was suffering from a horrible concussion, among other issues.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2015, 01:15:30 AM »
"Okay, do us a favour and don't talk or move much for a sec. We're going to give you a CAT scan and try to find out what's wrong with out. Whoever neglected to do this earlier is a moron." The medics slowly led Ray to an X-ray machine. "Just going to need a quick X, Ray. Haha. That's a good one." The other medics looked really displeased with that guy's manner.

(I shall let Ray decide what the results show)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2015, 01:23:54 AM »
The results showed that Ray had a nasty fracture across the entirety of the front of his skull, and slight hemorrhaging above his left eye. His face plate was fractured, but nothing life threatening.

Nautilus567

« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2015, 01:46:37 AM »
Nautilus woke up in the hangar, the Red Condor autopilot moved the mech back the hangar "UUUGGH... never again..." as he stands and leaves the cockpit, turning off the mech and locking it, he walks around the base a bit curious, looking his stuff, the laboratories and the Infirmary

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2015, 04:56:00 AM »
Additional mech was being transported by a pair of helicopters.
As soon as they dropped him, next to the hangar, loud mechanical noise emerged, so everybody near it could know, that someone new arrived.
Mech began slowly walking inside the hangar (I assumed that it's big enough). It's moves were very natural, almost unobtainable by normal controls.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2015, 10:44:44 PM »
The hanger actually has a roof access, the mech easily drops into the hanger

~~~

Sunderland snarls. "If you keep doing this, we will find a replacement. there are at least... 30... well maybe 28 after the most recent troubles."

Lynda contacts the new mech. "Welcome to the American base. the other mechs will arrive shortly. Make yourself comfortable, you will all be debriefed shortly."

~~~

The base is very well equipped, the labs have most of the equipment you could want, and you notice one of the scientists has ordered a whole host of biological analyzing equipment. doubtless to study the giant shark. Two scientists are talking as you approach. "I am TELLING you, that thing must have come out of the ice, defrosted after thousands of years, simple as that." "And I am telling YOU that this is some kind of enemy attack, it charged the wall, why would it do that if it was natural?!" "No-one wants the wall to fall, who would risk it?! really now?"
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Nautilus567

« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2015, 11:48:07 PM »
Nautilus glanced at the lab with a wolf whistle as he peeks the equipment "Holy Cow... these things are really expensive... OMG, an ESEM!..." after a moment of admiration on the lab he takes notices of the conversation that those scientist are talking. "Sorry for the intrusion colleagues. I'm the newcomer scientist, PhD in Molecular Biology. So why we just do a DNA sequenciation and a phylogenetic scan??. If it was a defrost shark we will see greatest similarity with the ancient sharks, maybe with the C. megalodon, that modern sharks, but it was an attack, must be a shark that has been enhanced with genetic engineering, because that..." he say pointing with his finger the a photo of the shark "thing is the most dangerous macro thing that I saw, and if was an attack... somebody wants kill us all" He said as he puts some nitrile examination gloves "Where's the DNA extraction area and the implements, if you want to let me do this job?" he asked a bit worried but excited as he has a big chance to use the big shiny "lab toys"
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:40:25 AM by Nautilus567 »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2015, 12:51:43 AM »
Ray awoke with a bandage around his head, IV's in his arms, and a heart monitor beeping quietly beside him. He groaned, and looked around for the medics. "H-Hello?"

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2015, 07:57:12 AM »
((Megalodons?))

"I'm always ready." the newcomer said both via mech's speakers and radio. "Call me Fluff."

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2015, 10:22:38 AM »
The medics all glanced at each other before one stepped forward. "I'm going to be honest that doesn't look good, a cracked skull and hemorrhaging. Nothing life threatening, directly. If it continues and you lose consciousness on the field then it will be over for you, you go out there too soon and you're nothing but a liability. That may sound harsh but it is the truth."

Terrance frowned slightly at Sunderland. "Sir don't insult me. I do my job and I do it well, do yours and let me do my thing. I doubt anyone who has been on the field is going to willingly give it up for watching an ice wall." He paused for a second. "Besides, you need someone lighthearted here."

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2015, 10:45:00 AM »
((Type of giant shark that existed IRL))

The scientists start to set up the equipment for Nautilus One of them turns on the radio to listen to the submarines.

"Ya see anything."

"Nothing on my end... how do we lose an 80ft shark?"

"wait... I see som~ its bones... It matches the shark, but its nothing but bones!"

"what?"

"Its like... I don't even know."

"Sure its the same one?"

"no clue, but we should ship it back to base to be sure."

The scientists look from one to the other, disappointed. They could still analyses the bones...

"HOld on? we should check the mechs when they come in!" One of the scientists announce. "There might be leftover tissue on there weapons."

If what Sunderland says is true, the mechs should be arriving now.

~~~~

Sunderland sighs, and moves back to his seat. The ZERTEX was taking a long time to retrieve the supplies, and Lynda was guiding Zarco through it. She briefly switches channels to welcome the mechs home, and then goes to fluffy. "Your rooms already prepared fluff." She states. "I would love to give you a tour, but things are busy. You can find your own way around I hope?"

~~~

Angder arrives in the hanger via the underwater entrance, one of the FANGWALL'S legs was limp, and the thing had to crawl to its slot in the hanger. Angder climbs out of his Mech, tired, but happy.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: August 15, 2015, 11:12:57 AM »
ARCTICLAW parked in its little room and Geoff hopped out, much more tired than he was before.
He mumbled to himself, "Nap time..."

Of course, he knew it likely wasn't. Surely the commander had more for them to do before he could crawl into bed.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: August 15, 2015, 12:34:23 PM »
Ray nodded. "I hear you." He started to get up, hoping the medics would let him.

• Jovial Jaguar
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: August 15, 2015, 06:04:40 PM »
((Megalodons were giant sharks))

Fluffy's mech face opened and he jumped out of it. "AI MODE ONLINE, FOLLOW MODE". The mech followed him very smoothly to the room.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: August 15, 2015, 11:49:33 PM »
Ray wandered out of the medical room, and into the mecha bay. He looked about for his own mech, to assess interior damage.