The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Arctic wall  (Read 10153 times)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: The Arctic wall
« Reply #180 on: August 15, 2015, 11:55:56 PM »
Rays mech was in its hanger, some technicians had placed it there.

One of the armed gaurds stops fluffy in the corridor "erm...Fluff? you should keep your machine in the hanger, these halls were not designed to support these machines...

~~~

Angder gestures to the others, and radios those outside the hanger. "lets go debrief and then get some food, and then some sleep. sound good to everyone else?" Angder heads for the meeting room.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2015, 12:01:22 AM »
Ray climbed up into his mech, and began to do preliminary checks of the cockpit, pleased that nothing was extremely broken. He checked the ammunition reserves, and found he would need to make more.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2015, 12:12:27 AM »
TIFFANY entered the hanger and Xander jumped from the cockpit, stumbling a little as he landed and faceplanted into the ground. "Ow." He rose from the ground and followed Angder.

Terrance was sitting with his legs on his desk, his feet dangling over the other side. He was staring at the screen just watching the current condition of the wall, making sure nothing was wrong. The thing is, he'd been doing just that and only that for the past ten minutes. A few people were starting to wonder if he had even blinked during this time.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2015, 12:21:14 AM »
Ray, after dismounting his mech, tried to locate the command center. He wondered if they had a munitions factory on location.

Nautilus567

« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2015, 12:22:11 AM »
Nautilus was checking all the implements, looking for the reactives and the equipment so everything is nice and ready when the shark, or what's remain, arrives "Avoid any contamination, even don' breathe in front of the bones without a mask!"

He keeps walking whistling a song

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I intend to live forever, or die Trying
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Gold scaled and White underside, with angel-like wings
  • Height: 260cm
  • Weight: 120kg
  • Build: Mesomorph
  • Currently: More than likely studying while having this open on my Laptop
« Reply #185 on: August 16, 2015, 04:18:27 AM »
Drago stood there in the hanger just staring at everything deep in though, he had no idea about tomorrow but he was sure as hell knew what today had brought him.
He was just leaning over one of the railing in the hanger and just been thinking since he got back, " what is truly happening around the world i wonder, and what is going to happen to everyone" The Drago asked. Of course he got no reply, doubt the Gods even existed but it pays to always try to act religious.

• Signature art by: -

Freedom isn't free
You can lead me, follow me, or get out of my way so make up your mind

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
« Reply #186 on: August 16, 2015, 08:39:04 AM »
"You sai-" "AI, MOVING TO CHECKPOINT ALPHA."
Mech began moving to it's designated place inside the hangar and Fluffy continued to his cabin.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2015, 03:29:31 PM »
Angder heads to the debriefing room, Sunderland was already there. "Well, there is not that much to say, so lets keep this brief... If you pardon the expression"

~~~

The bones are brought in for analysis, hauled into the base being lifted onto the roof, before carried securely to the labs while a scientist heads to the hanger to pick up samples directly off the mechs, particularly off the ARTICLAW and CELESTIAL's Weapons.

Soon, the samples are ready in the lab.

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2015, 03:42:57 PM »
Fluffy entered his cabin, not knowing what to expect.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2015, 04:06:27 PM »
Ray, wandering about the facility, stumbled across the debriefing room. He stopped just before the doorframe, and listened.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2015, 05:44:12 PM »
Geoff was in the debriefing room, staying silent unless directly spoken to.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2015, 03:21:40 PM »
After a long time making it clear to everyone what was known, and what happened. At the end, Sunderland stands up to sum up what happened. "The current belief is that the shark was unfrozen from an iceberg. This was no some attack, but an act of nature, which is also responsible for the destruction of the other 2 bases. The ZERTEX might take some time to recover our lost boat, but we dealt with the problem with ease. For now we will stay on guard to make sure no further problems occur." Sunderland stands up. "The bones of the shark are coming in for further study. The situation here is stable. I recommend you all get some rest."

Angder stands up at the end of the debriefing, and leaves the room. "Anyone see Ray anywhere?" he asks.

Nautilus567

« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2015, 03:37:54 PM »
When the bones arrived Nautilus grab them and started the DNA extraction from the marrow bone and from the teeth's core. After some process he quantified the extracted DNA "Enough DNA... Ok now... Let's sequence this" He do the protocol for the sequencing, saving some DNA in a freezer, after some time the sequencer finished. "Wow... That's quick, We still wait for a month in my good 'ol lab... Here just 2 hours with these good machine" he said amazed as he read the results, as his expression changes, considering the severity of the situation "A... chimera?"

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2015, 03:55:19 PM »
One of the other scientists looks up from the sample of skin that came from the shark. "Definitely Derived from a Megladon... and the way its decaying..." The scientist sighs. "Its definitely not natural... These things were made in a lab"

Sunderland walks into the lab, the door shuts behind him. He glances around the room coldly. "I need to inform you all. Your discoveries are noted but NONE of this is ever going to leave this base. The Megladon came out of the ice. Do you understand?" Sunderland looks over to Nautilus. "Not even the pilots should know until we have the full story."

• Jovial Jaguar
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2015, 04:59:56 PM »
Fluffy, sitting in his clean, new room, took care of the personal computer, that was there.
He booted it up.