The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Arctic wall  (Read 10157 times)

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
Re: The Arctic wall
« Reply #255 on: August 21, 2015, 12:53:29 PM »
Medics approached Ray, a good amount of them dispersed to go and deal with other patients.  "Really? I mean, we swore an oath but come on. You're like our best customer."

Terrance had fallen asleep at his desk, he had been staring at his screen for a long time before eventually passing out.

Xander was still asleep on the table in the briefing room.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #256 on: August 21, 2015, 12:56:16 PM »
Ray furrowed his brow. "What do you mean, doc?"

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: August 21, 2015, 01:05:59 PM »
The medic smiled softly and shrugged jokingly. "You're just here a lot. Now, what seems to be the issue?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #258 on: August 21, 2015, 01:10:03 PM »
Ray shrugged. "Headache and apparent memory loss." He sighed. "I need to get back into tip-top condition before the next fight."

Nautilus567

« Reply #259 on: August 21, 2015, 01:17:50 PM »
Nautilus enters the cafeteria and fix for him a meat lettuce and cheese sandwich and a nice cup of Earl Grey tea, without sugar

Offline Obey138 (Matthew "Fluffy")

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Catwolf
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
  • Height: ~183cm / ~6ft / ~72inch
  • Weight: ~73kg / ~161lbs
  • Build: Slim fit
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Please be aware of my rude jokes!
« Reply #260 on: August 21, 2015, 01:31:42 PM »
Fluffy enters his mech and cocpit closes right after.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #261 on: August 22, 2015, 07:13:45 PM »
Late in the evening, Sunderland and Lynda are in the Meeting room with only a handful of other people, including Terrance.

"So. We all know this thing did not come from the ice. And our spies tell us the other nations are as confused as we are. this means a third party is at play." Sunderland states.
Lynda shakes her head. "There are only a handful of groups who want to destroy the wall, none of them could have made the shark... It might however have been stolen."

"Hmm. The nation who it was stolen from might be too embarrassed to come forward and say..." Sunderland says, thoughtfully. "We know pretty much everyone has investigated Bio-engineering at one time or anot~"

"Right now we have no evidence of anything on this scale though, surely if it existed, it would have been employed to help defend the wall!" Lynda interjects.

One of the scientists raised his hand... "erm... I have got to ask... but what if... what if..."

Sunderland Glares at him "SPIT IT OUT MAN"

"What if The blue dawn are right and..."

"I will not accept that." Sunderland states. "The blue dawn are superstitious fools, and I will not let them drown the world. I can not allow that..."

((Time skip))

A week passes uneventfully, the mech pilots are told to get as much practice as they can, the pilots also have a chance to get to know each other, and to train together. The damaged Mechs are repaired, and every bit of the shark that remains has been analyzed, taken apart, and studied.

It is Lunchtime, and Angder heads for the cafeteria, he was starting to get bored again.
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark-grey fur (#767b7d), cream-white straps and belly (#f3f1e4), grey additions (#b5b3ad)
« Reply #262 on: August 22, 2015, 09:05:41 PM »
Fluffy headed to the cafeteria as well, fully covered by powersuit.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2015, 09:10:51 PM »
Angder waves to fluffy, and walks over to fluffy, having just got his own food. "Hey Fluff. Whats with the suit? Like I know you love it but I doubt your food is going to jump out and attack you."
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

• Jovial Jaguar
  • ~$ sudo pm-hibernate
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Last.fm Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2015, 09:14:11 PM »
Fluffy's head gets uncovered and he looked at Angder with a bit of irony and smile.
"It's just... comfortable. Air conditioning and life support system are addictive."

Offline Kromas Ndorai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • "マッキントッシュプラス"
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Thought Errant
  • Currently: Bringing the A E S T H E T I C
« Reply #265 on: August 22, 2015, 09:23:11 PM »
Wayward entered the cafeteria. He had his goggles covering his eyes, and sat at an empty table, also looking down at his paws. He had only just be transferred to the base, so he still hadnt met any other pilots, or any talkative people really.
The UK economy is composed of
several multi-billion dollar industries;
                  poetry isn't one of them
  - aesthetic bailout by Johnny Noiπ

Do you dare defy the Prince's rule?

Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: August 22, 2015, 10:57:26 PM »
Xander was wandering around the base, having decided to stretch his legs. He eventually found his way to the hangar and looked around at all the technicians.

Terrance was glaring at his screen more intensely than usual, he wouldn't take his eyes off it for anything, not even when talking. He had to make sure that the walls condition was perfect and that nothing was going wrong in the slightest, especially not in any sea creature related way. He had gotten an idea, but felt the commander would just dismiss him.

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I intend to live forever, or die Trying
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Gold scaled and White underside, with angel-like wings
  • Height: 260cm
  • Weight: 120kg
  • Build: Mesomorph
  • Currently: More than likely studying while having this open on my Laptop
« Reply #267 on: August 23, 2015, 02:07:23 AM »
Drago got out of his mech, he was sweating but was very happy. His Mech was in the correct and satisfied Drago, the training exercise proved to be quite fun, and very difficult. The CELESTIAL was being looked at by a couple of Technicians at the moment, and Drago was now strolling out towards the exit, Hungry for something to stuff himself with.

Drago saw Xander looking around the hanger, Drago decided to be friendly and chat to his team mate, " sup mate, how you been" Drago asked with a smile.
  • Signature art by: -

Freedom isn't free
You can lead me, follow me, or get out of my way so make up your mind

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: August 23, 2015, 05:06:02 AM »
Ray was busy in the hanger, modifying his mech. He was in the middle of outfitting it with several hardpoints, thicker armor, and a housing for a second cannon over the other shoulder. He knew this would slow him down, but for what they were fighting? It didn't matter. The young raccoon was hanging upside down, setting a hardpoint on the left forearm, sparks flying from his work.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: August 23, 2015, 02:00:07 PM »
Geoff didn't feel hungry, so he decided to skip lunch and hang around his mech; examining it, pacing around, and zoning out.