The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Arctic wall  (Read 10142 times)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: The Arctic wall
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2015, 06:31:14 PM »
In the command center, Commander Sunderland looked up at the map. "Still no word from our squad Linda?" The female Racoon nods. "Apparantly they were held up at can23~  wait... we are getting signs of something falling into the water round there... I think its some of our squad sir."

Sunderland hisses. "incompetent fools. We should mobilize subs and helicopters. this is jus~" "I would not judge so fast sir." Lynda interrupts "I have seen the simulations, properly trained... a Mech can destroy conventional vehicles by the dozen"

Sunderland snarls. "I will believe it when I see it."
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2015, 07:15:06 PM »
ARCTICLAW remained on the wall. It could have easily helped with saving Silver Bullet, but it looked like the others had it covered.

"You guys alright?" Geoff asked.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:25:56 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2015, 08:28:03 PM »
FANGWALL continues to jet across the sea. "No response from Ray.... Radio ahead, tell them we have 2 damaged mechs, and an injured pilot. Then go as fast as possible. Prepare them for our arrival." FANGWALL moves as fast as possible, but while helping TIFFANY carry Silver bullet... they were going to take some time...

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May or may not be a demon
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf / Fox Hybrid
  • Coloring: Grey / White / Blue
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 170
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I think I'm finished here, I may pop up from time to time though
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2015, 08:34:00 PM »
*Zarco and Alys continued to work on ZERTEX, equipping it with cold weather gear and some aqua gear*

Zarco - Looks like everything is nearly in place! I should be able to set everything else up from here..

Alys - No problem. if you need anything else, I'll be here to help out.
  • Avatar by: Commision by Nimroderick
  • Signature art by: Myself - so that its easier for me to tell which posts are mine

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2015, 08:35:44 PM »
TIFFANY continuesd to swim towards the Canadian base, Xander let out a long sigh. "We were doing some mobility training and one of us ends up unconscious whilst only one of us stays on the wall. Great job team."

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2015, 08:37:56 PM »
"Will do."

Geoff did as he was ordered, and the giant metal bear sped off along the wall at top, controllable speed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:27:25 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2015, 08:44:42 PM »
"It can't be far... Man... I do not look forward to returning to home base after this..." the FANGWALL continues to push on, but the ARCTICLAW outpaced them easily, speeding into the distance
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:47:06 PM by Angder »

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2015, 11:22:16 PM »
TIFFANY and Fangwall both reach the Canadian base at the same time. TIFFANY carried the Silver Bullet on it's back as Angder piloted it through the chute leading to the hangar. As soon as they enter the hangar TIFFANY puts down Ray's mech and medics arrive to come and help him out of it.  Fangwall wasn't far behind them and entered the hangar moments after Ray was helped out of his mech.

Xander got out off his mech as soon as he had set Ray's down and gently patted it's leg after he'd stepped out of it. "Least we didn't mess up too bad TIFF." He was wearing a plain white shirt and jeans, having done what he was told for once and dressing lightly when he was in the mech, they can get a little hot and heat stroke isn't fun. His winter supplies were stored inside TIFFANY's cockpit which happened to have a very convenient space for such things. He frowned at a technician who gave him a weird look as he refereed to his mech which a person's name. He looked around at all the mechs in the hangar and saw some designs which made TIFFANY look like advanced hardware. They weren't bad, not by a long shot. They were just a little worse than the quality we were used to. Their armour was slightly worse, their mechs weren't as diverse as ours, that's for sure. Xander wouldn't trust one of these technicians with TIFFANY though, not a chance.

A technician approached Xander's mech as if intending to do something with it. "What exactly are you doing?" The technician seemed startled by the sudden questioning."I was just going to try and mend that dent..." Xander scowled and shooed him away. "No you don't not with the things you guys have experience working on, you don't touch TIFFANY with a ten foot pole. Get outta here." The technician thought Xander was a madman and took off as fast as he could. "Well, that's him told."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 11:36:35 PM by Grovygrunge »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2015, 12:08:50 AM »
ARCTICLAW had arrived before the two, having entered through the roof entrance.

Geoff walked over to meet his squad.

"How bad did he get hurt?" he asked with concern.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:29:00 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I intend to live forever, or die Trying
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Gold scaled and White underside, with angel-like wings
  • Height: 260cm
  • Weight: 120kg
  • Build: Mesomorph
  • Currently: More than likely studying while having this open on my Laptop
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2015, 01:20:35 AM »
Drago was hanging from a large harness that was held by a series of ropes and pullies. These suspended the dragon 10m in the air. Drago was holding a large welder and both hands and was currently. He had previously been inspectin the main core of his mech and had given it a good once over before it was taken to the field.
However he had stopped as a new mech had entered the facility, he watched the anthro give a critical eye of the mechs and then told of one of the freindly technicians. Drago was giving the anthros mech a good state and smiled with a quite impressed look to him
looks tough and powerful but his speed wouldn't even compete with mine, Drago smugly though.
Drago dropped the heavy welder and watched it his the metal floor with a thud that barely made an audio because of all the sound that were going on in the hanger.
Drago then released the ropes and fell straight down for about  before letting his wings stop his decent.
As he reached the floor Drago then walked over to the mech and the presumed pilot (Xandar)
Drago looked quietly at the pair and looked very curiously at them.
Drago was currently covered in grease, oil and other mechanic material giving his a very dirty appearance

• Signature art by: -

Freedom isn't free
You can lead me, follow me, or get out of my way so make up your mind

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2015, 06:02:24 AM »
Zarco - *Finished up the final preparations*
Okay, the arctic / aqua pack is installed..

*Looked over at Celestial's mech*
<Thinking> Hmm.. looks quite large compared to mine, I bet it will be nowhere near as agile being so big.. that must be a tank of sorts
but either way this isn't a competition.. I just need to prove that I'm of use around here

*Zarco followed the green line down to his room to rest*
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 06:32:29 AM by Zarconite »
  • Signature art by: Myself - so that its easier for me to tell which posts are mine

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2015, 10:00:40 AM »
A medic stopped to speak to Geoff as a group of them carried Ray to the Med-bay in a stretcher. "Could be one of two things, either he suffered a shock from the force of his mech hitting the water, causing him to lose consciousness, or he's suffered trauma to the head. If it's the later we could have a serious issue of brain damage so but we saw no obvious injuries. So we're pretty hopeful it was shock and the guy will be good."

Xander gave Geoff a thumbs up as he saw him, it was meant as a sarcastic congratulations along the lines of Well done! You didn't **censor** up like we did! He then turned his attention to Drago, looking over him and wondering what he was doing. He assumed from the dirty and oily clothes he was another mechanic. "I already told one of your tech guys I don't want them touching TIFFANY, just so you know."
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:30:25 AM by Evnamishko, Reason: Changed the name referencing my character. :P »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2015, 04:39:06 PM »
Ray groaned, quietly, his head pounding. He looked about, his eyes bloodshot. Ray seemed groggy, sluggish, and not all together.

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2015, 05:02:17 PM »
*Zarco had a short nap in his room before heading back out to the hangar*
<thinking> okay.. these guys could be expert mech pilots.. I need to be friendly as well as skilful on missions.. I'd rather not make any enemies

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2015, 06:23:03 PM »
((Unless little F says otherwise, The Union flak will be left at the Canadian base, including its pilot. its fairly Clear he either lost interest, or decided the RP moves too fast for him.))

Angder sighs, "will he be OK doc?" He asks one of the medics...

((Also Zarc is at the American base, which one are you at Drago, Canadian (with us?) or American? ))