The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Arctic wall  (Read 10141 times)

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I intend to live forever, or die Trying
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Gold scaled and White underside, with angel-like wings
  • Height: 260cm
  • Weight: 120kg
  • Build: Mesomorph
  • Currently: More than likely studying while having this open on my Laptop
Re: The Arctic wall
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2015, 10:49:40 PM »
( ... I just got here and I am somehow appearing at two places???  I am with Xandar let's leave that debacle to that)

Drago looked at Xandar with a bemused expression, " yeah, yeah, but I am not a technician but rather a personal health trainer" Drago sarcastically explains, " you see rumour is that you are currently suffering from a very serious illness and it's my job to give you sabbatical and a physio, you strong hunks need to be at your best at all times of course".
  • Signature art by: -

Freedom isn't free
You can lead me, follow me, or get out of my way so make up your mind

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2015, 11:20:25 PM »
((You referenced Xanders mech, then Zarc referred to you causing confusion. ))

((2 minor Retcons: Zarc never saw your Mech, The celestial was never referenced by the commander during Zarcs intro))

Angder moves over to Drago. "So... that's the Celestial. Over sized isn't it?" Angder smirks. "Anyway... we should get moving... As you should know your being transferred back with us... too many limeys in this squad, so they are giving Canada the Union Flak in return for your help." Angder moves over to the feet of the Mech, beneath his slightly arrogant boasting, he was actually a little jealous. The other nations had experimented with bigger designs, but they always toppled over or been crushed under their own weight.

Some Australian kid then built one in his backyard, it had worked perfectly. Well, at least that's what the Australians said...

"As soon as ray is OK, lets move out..."

~~~

Back in the American base, Commander Sunderland sits in his seat. Around him the various technicians and staff monitored the wall. Lynda was talking with an incoming supply ship.
 //*Schhhsse* Things are kinda crazy down here *Schhhsse* huge waves, but the Ship can handle it//

"Stay on course, you should arrive in a couple of hours..."
//*Schhhsse* I will take your word for it... but *CRASH* WHAT IN THE? Oh my god... WE ARE UNDER ATTACK SOMETHING RAMMED... is... is that? *CRASHHSMAKKKK* *Schhhsseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*//
"St mary, please respond"
//*Schhhsse*//

"MARY PLEASE... oh dear."
The commander looks to Lynda, he had already heard the commotion, and did not need to be told. "Message our newest pilot. Get him out there, Give him orders to find out what happened and to rescue anyone he can!"

Lynda radios Zarcs room, and the Hanger to prepare the ZERTEX for launch.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:58:08 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2015, 12:00:47 AM »
Xander stared at Dargo for a several minutes of unadulterated silence, trying to figure out if Drago was stupid or if he had assumed he was. "Erm...Ya know, I've never seen a personal trainer covered in oil and such before, like he was just working on a machine." He scoffed. "And I know for a fact that I haven't got any serious illnesses either. So I'm more than a little skeptical right now."

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I intend to live forever, or die Trying
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Gold scaled and White underside, with angel-like wings
  • Height: 260cm
  • Weight: 120kg
  • Build: Mesomorph
  • Currently: More than likely studying while having this open on my Laptop
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2015, 03:01:52 AM »
"mate" drago smiled weakly at xandar, "seriously take a joke you are to uptight"
Drago offered his hand in a handshake " the names Drago and I'm from the Australian mechatronic and science Core of Engineers"
" I was transferred here this morning I haven't got my orders yet but you seem like that guy from those Hollywood movies that is very good at their job but is a bit of a prick" Drago explained with a smile.

He then looked over at angder and yelled out to him, " i don't understand the slang, stop being a drongo and help me out here, you guys are way to uptight too and damn this place is cold why don't we have a barbecue".

( note my mech is supposed to be massive and thus has very little armour, and it requires massive amounts of energy to propel it at a relatively fast pace).
  • Signature art by: -

Freedom isn't free
You can lead me, follow me, or get out of my way so make up your mind

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May or may not be a demon
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf / Fox Hybrid
  • Coloring: Grey / White / Blue
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 170
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I think I'm finished here, I may pop up from time to time though
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2015, 06:23:59 AM »
Alright, leave it to me!
*Zarco rushed out to ZERTEX and climbed in*
Okay.. let's do this..
*he switched the mech on and walked towards the exit*
  • Avatar by: Commision by Nimroderick
  • Signature art by: Myself - so that its easier for me to tell which posts are mine

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2015, 08:14:13 AM »
Angder glares at Drago. "By HERE you mean to the wall right? We are here to transport you to your post on the American base and to do a mobility test on that thing." Angder sighs, "Would have left already if Ray was not injured.... we need to wait to hear if he is able to pilot again before we can move out..."

Angder glances back at ray "Being down a mech before anything even happens will be just plain embarrassing.

((Drago, We are in the Canadian base, the action is in the American base. :S Sorry if things are confusing. The RP is not that long so it might help to read through))

~~

Once Zarc steps into the exit, the roof opens. The exit is a platform that begins to rise, ending with Zarc seemingly standing on the base.
He was going to have to fly or swim some distance south to find the supply ship... or whats left of it...

ZERTEX's radio burst into life, Sunderland talks to Zarc directly "Remember, search and rescue. If you see an enemy, gather information but do not engage. We don't know what we are up against"
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:15:53 AM by Angder »

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2015, 08:25:10 AM »
"Yes sir, Preparing to launch.."

*Zarco's turbojets ignited and he took off into the sky, heading towards the location of where the ship was last seen*

activating radar.. lets hope this is nothing too bad..
  • Signature art by: Myself - so that its easier for me to tell which posts are mine

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2015, 12:27:27 PM »
Xander shrugged. "I have no idea what a drongo is and I honestly don't wanna know. Sounds gross." Xander looked up at TIFFANY and gently patted her leg. He was wondering if he should get that dent sorted out or keep it, kinda like a scar on a person. Maybe, that'd definitely be pretty cool to do but maybe I should just get rid of it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2015, 12:40:09 PM »
Ray groaned again, and started to climb up from the cot.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2015, 06:11:54 PM »
A group of medics walked over to Ray as he starts to climb up from the cot. They gently made him sit down on it. "Hey, hey. You might not be quiet ready to get up yet so stay there whilst we check you over" The medics checked over him to make sure he might not have any permanent injuries, shining a light into his eyes to check if his pupils dilate properly, knocking his knee to see if his reactions are still fine. Whatever they could to check that nothing had happened to his brain.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2015, 11:06:20 AM »
Ray nodded, and waited for the medics to finish. He felt something was off, but couldn't say what.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2015, 11:19:13 AM »
Angder climbs back into his mech. then swears. "Guys. We have a problem. Green alert back at the American base. We need to get moving NOW." He radios everyone in his squad. "WE NEED TO MOVE, Green alert! That means something might be happening."

~~

Zarc flies closer to the ship... he can see wreckage in the distance... but right now no sign of their attackers... the sun is bright, blinding even, and is reflecting off the water. It looks like the ship was torn in two...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:24:45 AM by Angder »

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2015, 11:25:52 AM »
The medics look at each other then shrug. They all nod in agreement. "We can't see anything that's actually wrong so you can go ahead and carry on with your day. Be more careful, and maybe try seeing to your mech's shock absorption." They all disperse to do their own things.

~~

Xander climbs up to into TIFFANY, stretching his arms and yawning as he does. "Welp, time to get going. I was starting to get extremely bored."

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2015, 11:26:34 AM »
"Sir, I'm arriving at the location now. No sign of the attacker right now, the ship looks to be torn in two"
*Zarco does a quick systems check*

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2015, 11:34:42 AM »
"Great..."

Geoff hopped back into ARCTICLAW and prepared to move out.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:31:44 AM by Evnamishko »