The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Arctic wall  (Read 10144 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Re: The Arctic wall
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2015, 11:37:35 AM »
Ray staggered towards the hanger, stopping briefly at a shelf to clear his head. He sighed, and then moved to his mech, and prepared himself. "S-Silver Bullet h-here, I'm...I'm headed out n-now." Ray maneuvered to the hanger doors, and waited for clearance.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2015, 11:38:38 AM »
FANGWALL gestures to the CELESTIAL. "You coming?"
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Celestial_Dragon

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I intend to live forever, or die Trying
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Gold scaled and White underside, with angel-like wings
  • Height: 260cm
  • Weight: 120kg
  • Build: Mesomorph
  • Currently: More than likely studying while having this open on my Laptop
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2015, 02:01:51 PM »
Drago gets himself preeped inside his giant mech, he quickly went through all the basic checks and procedures, which all turned up green, he really didn't have to follow the guidelines the other nations gabe him as it was his mech.

The giant right hand of the celstial rose up, the thrusters giving the massive armoured hand the added force to increase its acceleration,  and gave the FANGWALL the thumbs up on confirmation.

" why green though, it doesn't sound like much of a danger"  drago responds in a chiper mood, " this will be the first time i am going into a mission its so exciring"

Drago pressed the buttons that constricted his mech and let the mech free. Drago thus began to lumber quickly over to his tiny companions, his thtusters keeping him at a spped almost as fast as the others could lighty jog.
  • Signature art by: -

Freedom isn't free
You can lead me, follow me, or get out of my way so make up your mind

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2015, 02:17:00 PM »
"Not really a mission I am afraid. We just need to be on alert." Angder states. The FANGWALL starts its journey back across the wall. "Ray... Stay close to TIFFIN~ TIFF. I don't want you falling again"

~~~

Zarc notices a small lifeboat. Packed with people... There is movement under the water... Submarine maybe? whatever it is its about 80 feet long, and heading for the lifeboat. "Zarc?" Sunderland radios the ZERTEX. "What do you see?"

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May or may not be a demon
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf / Fox Hybrid
  • Coloring: Grey / White / Blue
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 170
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: I think I'm finished here, I may pop up from time to time though
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2015, 02:18:57 PM »
"I see an unidentified object under the water.. estimated to be 75 - 85ft in length, also the crew are on lifeboats"
"Where do you want me to go from here?"

"I might be able to patch the footage through to you if you're able to receive it.."
  • Avatar by: Commision by Nimroderick
  • Signature art by: Myself - so that its easier for me to tell which posts are mine

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2015, 02:21:26 PM »
(ARCTICLAW is apparently taller. :P ))

ARCTICLAW followed the group. Geoff was starting to get tired, but he had to ignore that. Hopefully the mission won't take too long.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:33:25 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2015, 02:24:34 PM »
Zarc's visual sensor blip for a second. "Already done." Lynda states.

A huge fin emerges from the water. like that of a shark but far too big. "Holy... What the hell IS th~ Get the hell out of there. I REPEAT GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE." Sunderland yells.

2 huge eyes, are now visible. Focused on the lifeboat... That THING is alive.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2015, 02:25:59 PM »
Xander made TIFFANY give Angder a thumbs up then gestured for Ray to follow him. "Hey Ray, try to keep up alright. If I have to babysit you then I don't want to be slowed down. Got it?"

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2015, 02:31:04 PM »
<thinking> Damn.. thats one hell of a shark! the weaknesses should be the eyes..

*ZERTEX aimed his artillery cannons at the eyes and fired*
  • Signature art by: Myself - so that its easier for me to tell which posts are mine

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2015, 08:25:38 PM »
The shark snarls as its eyes are hit, but then dips below the water, the fin brushing the Lifeboat. While it obviously irritated it, it is unclear if the shot did any real damage.

The lifeboat is spinning, but the shark appears to have dropped under the surface, and to be descending out of sight. The commander speaks to Zarc again "Zarc... You can't kill that thing, you need... wait... We have a submarine in the area... at a safe distance don't worry. The shark is heading north. Its heading for the wall." "This must be what destroyed the  Russian and Chinese bases" Lynda interrupts. "We need to evacuate."

"NO. If we evacuate we lose this section of wall." sunderland states "I can not let that happen. The base is going on red alert... Zarc. as soon as the civilians are safe. Return to base and prepare for the attack."

~~~

In the base there is a frenzy. red alert was declared and the bases underwater defenses were activating. "How far out are the rest of the mechs?" Sunderland asks. "Not far. They started out when we went to green alert." Lynda replies. "Though it does not make sense. Why would the shar~" Sunderland glares at her. "I know what your asking, and does it matter? Right now my concern is stopping it." He sits down in his seat, watching the commotion around him turning the base into an organized defensive fortress.

~~~

All of the mechs are informed of the red alert. Angder swears. "EVERYONE. We need to get there. NOW. Swim, fly I don't care... Wait... I just received our objective... I will patch it through to you guys." The computers in the Mechs show what looks like a shark, which you are informed is going to attack the base... it takes a few seconds for Angder to notice the scale of the image. "Holy... Xander... Sorry for mocking you a few days back. Guess you were right after all." The Fangwall speeds down the wall.

Offline Zarconite

• Hug Enthusiast
  • Jovial Jaguar
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2015, 08:32:00 PM »
"Yes sir! Securing the survivors.."
*Zarco dropped a grapling hook down to the life boat after decending a bit and began towing it back to the facility*

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2015, 08:36:01 PM »
"Right? Right about what?" Xander's eyes went wide as he sees the image and there was a few moments of silence on his end. "Oh...piss." TIFFANY quickly followed in pursuit of The Fangwall. "Well, what's the plan? We have to have an idea of what we are going to do. I mean...This isn't a joke what are we supposed to do? Punch a massive shark in the nose or something?"
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 08:39:11 PM by Grovygrunge »

Nautilus567

« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2015, 11:14:46 PM »
Character sheet:

Name: Nautilus Sownfire
Species: Culpeo Fox
Country of origin: Chile
Backstory: Nautilus was a molecular biology research bioengineer when the Chilean Air Force (FACH) call him to do his military service. Later he enter in the development of a special mech, design whit the FACH and the Red Cross International especially for civilian defense and disaster aid. He one of the pilots of these mech and recently was assigned to help in the FALCON Project as researcher and mech pilot.

Mech sheet:

Name/designation: Red Condor
Model: ALMEDA-CP Mk. VI
Role: Middle-Range Support and Medical Assistance
Design: Humanoid fox 7 meters tall, has wings and turboreactors, Have two forms: one as a jet and other as a walker (the walker can also fly, only with less velocity). Because is a combat purpose mech has a adapted C-14 Gauss Impaler Rifle .50 and a healing/repair beam (needs clear vision to his target). Also has scientific equipment added by Nautilus as a special addon
Country of origin: Chile/Swiss/UK

(I hope the sheet was good, if need some modifications or explanations, just tell it)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2015, 11:23:41 PM »
((looks good from here. As for introductions, you could have come from the Canadian base with the CELESTIAL, that seems the easiest option. Alternatively your Mech has only just been finished/repaired back in the American base. Up to you ^_^ ))

Nautilus567

« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2015, 11:30:56 PM »
((The second one is better, because the mech before just have the Medical and the Disaster Air purpose, in the American Base they put him in conditions for a combat environment, and that demands time))