The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Woodlocke City  (Read 18262 times)

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
Re: Woodlocke City
« Reply #600 on: November 12, 2015, 07:28:03 PM »
"Whatever." Xander flopped onto a pile of clothes on the floor, which he vaguely recalled Geoff sleeping on at some point. He relaxed and sighed in relief.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #601 on: November 12, 2015, 10:13:13 PM »
Geoffrey peeked into the peephole lens at the raccoon. It was a bit late for customers, but since the bear wasn't going to sleep for a while, he might as well let him in--if he's not secretly part of the guard, that is. But denying service would only make things worse for himself, wouldn't it?

He opened the door. "Good evening, sir."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #602 on: November 13, 2015, 04:06:28 AM »
Ray smiled, and offered a paw. "Good morning, sir! I happened to be in the neighborhood, and overheard you talking about business." He smiled wider. "My name is Rayleonarde Blackburn. I own the bank a little while down the road, and was wondering if...perhaps...you would bank with me? Partners get great interest." Ray knew he was being over-nice and very strange, but it was better than stuttering and stumbling through his sentences.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #603 on: November 13, 2015, 08:48:55 AM »
Geoffrey shrugged slightly. His money felt safest in his own hands than others, but being stolen from by rascals and fellow homeless wasn't new to him. "Eh, I'm no--err, how safe is it?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #604 on: November 13, 2015, 08:51:01 AM »
Ray smiled. "The building was built around the vault, which was built from a decommissioned war-ship. Self-locking, and tucked in the back, no one gets in without my knowledge." He knew he was slightly overselling it, but better to oversell then undersell.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #605 on: November 13, 2015, 09:06:17 AM »
Geoffrey liked the idea, but at the same time he was worried setting this up will make things worse for him somehow.
Pushing that aside as he usual paranoia, he replied with a smile, "Hm... I suppose I'll make an account."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #606 on: November 13, 2015, 09:09:55 AM »
Ray blinked, and smiled. "T-Thank you! S-So, h-how much should I put you down for? There's a 50 gold minimum."

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #607 on: November 13, 2015, 09:30:59 AM »
"Hmm..." Geoffrey tapped his finger on his coin pouch as he tried to remember how much it had right now. 250, if he remembered correctly. Would it be worth putting a fifth or more in?

"...I could do 50, maybe more..."

Or he could store half in the bank, that way if something were to happen to him or the bank, he wouldn't be completely screwed over.

"uh... maybe 100, 125."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #608 on: November 13, 2015, 11:18:22 AM »
Ray nodded, and pulled a piece of parchment from his coat. "What was your name?"

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #609 on: November 13, 2015, 11:44:13 AM »
"Geoffrey... uh..." Geoffrey shifted uncomfortably. "I uh... I dunno if it's okay, but I prefer not to use my family name, I kinda, uh... I'd rather stay detached from them... I-I go by Geoffrey Noah."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #610 on: November 13, 2015, 11:45:16 AM »
Ray nodded, and began to write. "Noah, Geoffrey. Account of one-hundred twenty five, yes?"

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #611 on: November 13, 2015, 11:47:34 AM »
Geoffrey nodded. "Yes, thank you. But uh, is there a fee or anything?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #612 on: November 13, 2015, 12:12:41 PM »
Ray shook his head. "Only that you trust me. And the money you wish to deposit."

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #613 on: November 13, 2015, 05:48:51 PM »
Geoff smiled. "Alright."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #614 on: November 13, 2015, 05:55:12 PM »
Ray nodded. "Now, we can either walk down to the bank, and you can deposit your money. Or I can take it down there myself." He smiled.