The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreams?  (Read 536 times)

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woof.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (not pure-blooded)
  • Coloring: Pure white, with a gray tail tip. One yellow and one blue eye.
  • Height: 5'7 in anthro form
  • Weight: A healthy 107 lbs.
  • Build: Slender, but muscular. Defining feminine features but not over-the-top.
  • Currently: Feeling a lot better. ^-^
Dreams?
« on: October 10, 2015, 04:14:22 PM »
I've been having the same kind of dream over and over again since the beginning of the month.

I'm in a Croatian forest (I don't know exactly where but nowhere near a city or people) and I'm always next to a European Gray wolf, and we're standing or walking together. The wolf is female and she has brown and grey fur with some black points and streaks, and white on her chest, stomach, and most of her legs. Brilliant yellow eyes.

Sometimes I stroke her back or her ruff and when I wake up my fingers feel warm (my house is fairly cold at night) and like I just touched my dog, but she sleeps downstairs.

I don't really think I identify with wolves very strongly but they say you can't really pick your power animal, it comes to you. But I'm not sure if this wolf is my totem?

I don't know, it's very confusing.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Dreams?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 04:43:53 PM »
Memories get changed based on your expectations, it's very hard to remember dreams and most people who are 'remembering' dreams are simply piecing together random fragments of information and creating a story that wasn't actually the dream, but a false memory of the dream.

You may not be having this dream continuously, you may instead be having dreams which, when you wake up, expecting to have this dream, you believe you had this dream. It's possible that you are indeed having the dream ofc, but it's just something that could be potentially happening too.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woof.
    • Awards
  • Build: Slender, but muscular. Defining feminine features but not over-the-top.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 02:18:32 AM »
If that's the case, then I'm asking if anyone could help me interpret what I at least think I experienced.

Where did you get that information to begin with--that people sometimes do not dream what they think they dreamed?

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 04:31:18 AM »
It's sort of an induction based on the concept false memories which basically say that you generally recall, incorrectly, your past experiences. That, coupled with the idea that most people immediately forget their dreams, implies that most dreams are themselves false memories. Also the most popular theory of what dreams are today is that they are the result of signals in your brain leaking to the conscious when your brain repairs itself in your REM cycle. So it's like, your brain is repairing itself and strengthening synaptic connections, and in order to do that it needs to fire those synaptic connections and sometimes those signals leak to the conscious side of the brain and thus you start imagining things, your brain (after you dream) tries really hard to interpret the random signals and thus you get a dream.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 04:33:23 AM by anoni »
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 12:15:22 PM »
Ah, okay. Sorry, I just like it when people cite their information.

But do you have any idea why my REM signals were interpreted almost exactly the same way for about half a month?
Do you even believe dreams can be spiritual or is it all scientific logic to you?
I'm not saying it's a bad thing to be rational instead of spiritual, I'm just curious as to why you're telling me my dream isn't actually my dream instead of helping me understand the content.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 01:39:36 PM »
Why we dream is still under a lot of question and there are many theories as to why we actually dream.
Why not necessarily being spiritual experiences, they're still effectively projections of the self concious.

The idea of interpreting dreams goes a long way back and is also largely spiritual and we could interpret it as that in a few ways  depending on different cultures: Wolves in Europe usually represent victory but in Asia they'd represent something along the lines of protection.

Totemism is also a very Native American thing and you could totally see this dream as having relation to some form of a totem or spirit animal.

Generally I would suggest you interpret the dream how you want to, but I found this site you could check out.
http://www.whats-your-sign.com/totem-wolf-symbols.html

Offline Keinai

• Dancing Dragon
  • Woof.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 01:59:43 PM »
Thanks for your help. ^^